PDA

View Full Version : Recent lag spikes

Laocagrid
05-06-2013, 10:42 AM
I can't be the only one who noticed the recent increase in the number of times I get lag spikes,

Makes it hopeless to do elite runs, or PVP.

I connect my device to WiFi, so it's not like 3G is an issue at all.

Is it just me or are other people experiencing similar problems?

Altic
05-06-2013, 03:08 PM
I can't be the only one who noticed the recent increase in the number of times I get lag spikes,

Makes it hopeless to do elite runs, or PVP.

I connect my device to WiFi, so it's not like 3G is an issue at all.

Is it just me or are other people experiencing similar problems?

Same here. Ever since the 3 updated (maybe 2?) in one week, i've had higher ping spikes and terrible lag.
Also, Even when my ping is under100, i will be moving like a slide show.
They need to add a Frames per second number right next to ping in the menu..

Samhayne
05-06-2013, 03:36 PM
Generally, if there is a server issue on our side, the forum will be on fire with complaints.

While I know people don't like to hear it, it is generally something between their device and the server. Your traffic is going to the east coast of the USA where the game server is located. Any issue along the way could be the cause of your Laocagrid's lag spikes.

As for bad Frames Per Second (altic's issue) that sounds like your device is having a hard time displaying what the game is trying to render. Have you restarted your device recently? What are you playing on? Are there a lot of applications open in the background?

Altic
05-06-2013, 05:44 PM
My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S 4g, i know its a bit ancient but it use to run the game perfect (Aside from pulling all of Watcher's Tomb 4 lol). I try to restart my phone fairly often, every 3-5 hours, but it really depends what i do. In some, but few, cases when i notice bad FPS with ok ping, i will restart and it seems to help. But very slightly, or it may just be a phantom effect XD. And i make sure that nothing is ever running at the same time as Arcane Legends, aside from certain system applications.

I may tinker with the CPU to help performance, but i don't know if it matters if the problem is graphics.

Bullox
05-07-2013, 12:58 AM
I have the same Problems.
I play with Google Nexus 7.

I tried to deinstall the most of my Programs and my Device is nearly naked.

There are only the original System Programs + AntiVirus + Arcane Legends!

I tried whithout Antivir too, but it didn't change anything.

My Ping is always green, but it's really Bad to play with that Slide show.

By the way... I wrote a post some time ago ( named Laggs and Stockings) but with no response......

......and juhuuuuu i thought i'm the only one with that Problems......

Altic
05-07-2013, 01:10 AM
Bullox, i finally got my phone rooted, so i backed everything up and literally removed every possible scrap i could from it. Even messaging, calling capabilities, ect.
No change in the FPS yet my ping was lower, always under 50, unless router went haywire or something.
Im starting to feel like an old man (i'm 22) again, buying a piece of technology thats like 1 or 2 years old, but its incompatible with everything :|
Especially my 8 month old Mac, that already has obsolete specs.... lol

Bullox
05-07-2013, 01:13 AM
Hahahah i feels like u Altic....but im a old man (39) :)

Altic
05-07-2013, 02:02 AM
In this day and age, someone isn't considered old until the are dead lol

They say live fast and die young? Pfffft i prefer Living slow as h*ll and dying old as dirt :triumphant:

Bullox
05-07-2013, 02:30 AM
Hahaha well said :)

Bullox
05-07-2013, 09:11 AM
I cleared my Cache, then u have to reinstall the patches and now it seems to Work better!

Edit: Nope...only for a short time...

Ozusaunake
05-07-2013, 10:28 AM
Generally, if there is a server issue on our side, the forum will be on fire with complaints.

While I know people don't like to hear it, it is generally something between their device and the server. Your traffic is going to the east coast of the USA where the game server is located. Any issue along the way could be the cause of your Laocagrid's lag spikes.

As for bad Frames Per Second (altic's issue) that sounds like your device is having a hard time displaying what the game is trying to render. Have you restarted your device recently? What are you playing on? Are there a lot of applications open in the background?

Sometimes my ping is stable on 300 and will spike up and stay above 1000. When this happens I check other games (generally CS:GO servers) and my ping is fine for them, given they are servers close to my location. But sometimes I feel it isn't my side that is having troubles.

Samhayne
05-07-2013, 12:29 PM
Sometimes my ping is stable on 300 and will spike up and stay above 1000. When this happens I check other games (generally CS:GO servers) and my ping is fine for them, given they are servers close to my location. But sometimes I feel it isn't my side that is having troubles.

One thing to keep in mind is that your ping time is never faster than your FPS. The game client can only go check the ping to report it once per frame. If your device is only rendering 4 frames per second (as an example) then your ping could never be displayed as less than 250 ms (1 second / 4 = 250 ms).

How many hops are there between you and the servers? Tracert to account.spacetimestudios.com (not to www.spacetimestudios.com - that's the web server, which is very different) and take a look.

Asahetek
05-07-2013, 03:26 PM
I was having some issues with lag yesterday and other people in game said they were having problems aswell and not everyone has a fourm account. There have always been issues with lag in ALL of the sts games.

Usually don't have a problem and my connection is always strong and i live blocks away from my cell tower.

Pandamoni
05-07-2013, 04:58 PM
bad bad lags yesterday and the past week it has been a bit more than usual

Samhayne
05-07-2013, 05:04 PM
I'm not saying that our games are perfect. We do have the rare issue with an instance - that being said, we do have a top notch server guy and a great reporting / monitoring system. Issues that we are aware of are addressed to the best of our ability as quickly as we can.

Just to keep things in perspective, in a game with 100's of thousands of people logging in and playing on a daily basis, a single thread with 6 different people complaining coupled with no increase in complaints through our Support System usually means an isolated issue with a particular internet routing and/or a device issue. Hopefully that helps you better understand where I'm coming from.

razerfingers
05-07-2013, 05:10 PM
Lol the day when amazon crashed for a week or less first time it happened eh sam?

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall.

piepounder
05-07-2013, 05:37 PM
I play on both my Note 2 and Nexus 7 and I frequently get lag spikes and bad FPS, I know my devices are more than capable of handling these games and I use a solid WiFi connection. I do notices it seems to be during the afternoon when I'd expect traffic to be heavy.

Asahetek
05-07-2013, 11:16 PM
Lol really, there's a lot more complaints than you think especially in game and the fact is not everyone is on these forums or even knows they exist.

And today has been very laggy aswell especially during pvp and there were A LOT of people saying it during matches and in guild chat.

Altic
05-08-2013, 03:03 AM
Just to keep things in perspective, in a game with 100's of thousands of people logging in and playing on a daily basis,...
Then maybe there needs to be multiple servers, for multiple reasons.
I'm not sure how much it would help with lag and ping since there is already a max capacity for maps.
Different servers dependent on Languages, i am positive i would enjoy the game more if this was implemented.
Trying to run maps that actually require cooperation is awfully difficult, if not impossible with even 1 or more people who do not know the strategies nor speak the same language.
I can't even recall the amount of times i've cleared an elite map, Mind you with nothing of value dropping, Only to see the person with a clearly foreign name; pull the boss and wipe us, run away from the boss and reset it's health when it was nearly dead, or even just stop moving for the rest of the map hoping to get good loot with little to no effort.
And i understand that this would require money and man-hours to work.
But i think the AL community is owed a lot of simple improvements. Especially the people who have pay large sums of money only to get mediocre items because of "bad" luck.

I'm toooooo tired to write anymore.
I hope you get the gist of my ramblings.
And i hope none of this came off as rude or ungrateful for this awesome (yet not quite maximus awesomus) game.
Altic

Bullox
05-08-2013, 05:55 AM
I registered the badest FPS are always at about the half of Mount Spyr till the end....

Linkincena
05-09-2013, 09:33 PM
Yes ping spikes are becoming an issue.... happening quite regularly now... yesterday many ping spikes while I was on broadband connection 2mbps speed... (got killed in a daily story lol) ...as soon as I restart game it became normal... and again happen after 15 mins... this keep on happening till night....

Lady_Pebbles
05-10-2013, 02:23 AM
Sam, yall know not all players will post on the forums. Especially when many of them are discouraged to do so cuz its moments like this that let us know yall listen to us.. but don't really -hear- us.

This is NOT an isolated issue.
It is NOT just a case of some player's devices having the issue.

When will yall finally take this seriously? Smh.

Altic
05-10-2013, 03:12 AM
Sam, yall know not all players will post on the forums. Especially when many of them are discouraged to do so cuz its moments like this that let us know yall listen to us.. but don't really -hear- us.

Don't think i could have stated it any better myself :)

Asahetek
05-12-2013, 09:28 PM

I agree with you and have been saying the same thing for awhile and ALL of their games have LAG ISSUES and they will continue to say it's a problem on our end and that a lot people don't complain. The fact is that so many people do not know about or use the forums that they most likely never take this wide spread lag issue seriously, it's a shame that they don't take us players serious sometimes.

Lady_Pebbles
05-12-2013, 11:43 PM
Its been increasingly harder to even stay logged on. I literally get DCed moving from one map to the other via menu-map. Most of the time I get frozen at the Menu screen after hitting the Play button then select character for the menu. Other times its frozen viewing any of the pages on that menu (stable, inventory, etc). Hell even checking the ah gives me lag or moving in town.

Whats the point in even trying to play anymore? This is ridiculous.

Asahetek
05-13-2013, 01:50 AM
Yeah, also some of the times i went into the guild hall to buy potions from the vendor but they didn't load right away -_- sts when are you going to actually acknowledge this for once.

Laging badly during elite and made it even more frustrating than usual, seriously sts pings these ping spikes make it almost impossible to play and never get addressed.

Lady_Pebbles
05-14-2013, 02:27 AM
Dude I DCed soooo many times due to the game freezing up on me on a couple different devices. So frustrating!

Monstertongue
05-14-2013, 05:47 AM
i wonder what would be the result if sts implement a ingame "Lagness" poll....lol

Mystiq
05-14-2013, 11:14 AM
Lagg is usually caused by your own internet/broadband connection, next time you are lagging, check your router, and if it is blinking rapidly, im sorry but it is your problem, not StS's. Also, if it is potential glitching, check your ping for a few seconds and if it doesnt increase (spike), then it may be a server problem, but lagg in general is due to your own connection TO the server. Not the other way around.

Lady_Pebbles
05-14-2013, 11:26 AM
@Mystik: Please read the posts in the thread before you reply because all you did was spam the thread. As many of us have mentioned before, these are not isolated issues and its not our devices. Many players have even the latest devices out there -brand new- & have this problem but only with the sts games.

Mystiq
05-14-2013, 11:40 AM
@Mystik: Please read the posts in the thread before you reply because all you did was spam the thread. As many of us have mentioned before, these are not isolated issues and its not our devices. Many players have even the latest devices out there -brand new- & have this problem but only with the sts games.

Spam? O.o how.......but anyways Mystiq* :p

Asahetek
05-16-2013, 09:50 PM
Sts when are you actually going to acknowledge this problem that has been affecting players for so long and that's has been an issue in every single one of your games.

Every time you say it's a problem on mainly our end and that there isn't enough people complain about it which isn't entirely true it's just that so many people just don't use the forums, if they did you would have a lot more complaints than you think.

Also mystiq i agree with lady pebbles, that even people with new devices have lag issues but only with sts games. The phone i'm using now came out near the end of last year and has a 4.0 os.

Example normal ping range for me

Massive random lag spike

Hope these help

Lady_Pebbles
05-17-2013, 12:57 AM
I just got a new phone yesterday at the store (its not a used phone bought off the street). A Samsung Galaxy S II on Jellybean (4.1.2) and guess what? Again I am only lagging on all the StS games (minus PL cuz I decided not to redownload at this time).

No other game lags.
No other apps in the background running.
Tried on both 4G & a stable WiFi connection.

So.. obviously its not my device nor connection. Has to be on their end.

Mystiq
05-17-2013, 09:59 AM
I just got a new phone yesterday at the store (its not a used phone bought off the street). A Samsung Galaxy S II on Jellybean (4.1.2) and guess what? Again I am only lagging on all the StS games (minus PL cuz I decided not to redownload at this time).

No other game lags.
No other apps in the background running.
Tried on both 4G & a stable WiFi connection.

So.. obviously its not my device nor connection. Has to be on their end.

Examples of other games where you did not lagg?

Lady_Pebbles
05-17-2013, 12:11 PM
Avabel Online
Hellfire
Valkyrie Crusade
Zenonia 5
Galaxy Frontier
Cordy Sky
Squids
Elgard
Inotia
Iruna Online
Celes Arca

And many more games that I've tried on this new device with AL, Dl, and SL installed. I uninstalled some of those cuz I don't want them taking up too much space. X.x The lag on StS games is crazy compared to those for me on this device. Its weird.

Mystiq
05-17-2013, 12:14 PM
Avabel Online
Hellfire
Valkyrie Crusade
Zenonia 5
Galaxy Frontier
Cordy Sky
Squids
Elgard
Inotia
Iruna Online
Celes Arca

And many more games that I've tried on this new device with AL, Dl, and SL installed. I uninstalled some of those cuz I don't want them taking up too much space. X.x The lag on StS games is crazy compared to those for me on this device. Its weird.

Fair enough. My connection's fine tho ;)

Lady_Pebbles
05-17-2013, 12:19 PM
My connection is awesome now. Got a new data plan and all lol. Everything is going well but man I wish the StS games weren't that laggy. Im surprised its as bad as it is on a new phone and strong connection. O.o

Asahetek
05-17-2013, 10:55 PM
I agree with lady pebbles that the only games that i seem to have lag issues are the ones by sts and i've been playing 3 of them on and off since they first launched and have used 3 other phones besides this one (which i bought from radio shack a couple of months ago) and never had problems with any games other than the sts.

Also my connection is always strong due to the fact i live blocks away from my cell tower.

Heres some games i've played
Zenniona 3,4,5
Inotioa 3,4
Destina
Legend of the master
Warspear online
Machine knight
Eternity warriors
Tiba me
Soul craft
Gods war
Immortal dusk
Avenda

DexterityX
05-18-2013, 12:00 AM
the problem about lag is due to the population of player online. more people online the more the network traffic. its not our side that cause the lag issue, its on the server side. sts dont even try to solved this issue since they get money to the players not knowing ping really is... sad bad true. :( hopefully they will add servers in other continent so this lag issue and ping issue will resolved.

SuRfY
05-18-2013, 01:14 AM
Something to read since I posted something similar to this before.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?87304-Mystery-of-the-Lag-solved-maybe

DexterityX
05-18-2013, 01:56 AM
Something to read since I posted something similar to this before.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?87304-Mystery-of-the-Lag-solved-maybe

have you solved your lag issue surfy? maybe you can help me ond some falks out here since you are here for a long time :)

Asahetek
05-18-2013, 03:09 AM
I've played other mobile mmo and never had a lag issue even with a high volume of players, and lol i do know what ping is.

The screen shot above is a guild member talking about extremely high ping and getting dc which has happened to me so many many times over the last few years playing the sts games.

Been lagging bad today to, here is some more screen shots of guild members chatting.

My ping durring pvp a little after guild members were chating about it

SuRfY
05-20-2013, 10:49 AM
have you solved your lag issue surfy? maybe you can help me ond some falks out here since you are here for a long time :)

I have not solved it yet unfortunately. I can give some suggestions though. Personally, playing on the phone is worse than playing on the computer.

My choices of playing AL and hope it does not lag that much will be:

1) Google Chrome with LAN (standing in towns: 120ping is the lowest i have ever seen)
2) Google Chrome with Wifi (standing in towns: 190ping is the lowest i have ever seen)
3) Phone with Wifi: (standing in towns: 600ping is the lowest i have ever seen)
4) Phone with 3G: (standing in towns: 900ping is the lowest i have ever seen)

Other than that, can follow the tips given in that thread like the trancert thingy. Then try and call the internet service provider guy and scold the hell out of him regardless whether its the provider's fault or not.

Asahetek
05-20-2013, 11:05 PM
It's been laggy way to much lately and sts never seems to listen to us player and yes i think there are many factors to take into consideration but by saying it's a problem on our end just doesn't cut it, or that only a few people complain which isn't true just not everyone knows or uses the forum.

Everyday i see someone talking about how badly they have been lagging including me and i have posted many screen shots about people talking about lag and my own ping and will continue to do so, so please at least take our opinions into consideration and other evidence, screen shots, etc,

Also this issue has been going on for years, and it's been a problem in every one of your games no matter how many different devices that you use.

Edit
These are mainly from pvp which late this mouring and made it impossible to continue playing effectively and during the different matches were people talking about them lagging badly and got 100k+ lag and dc twice i'm done for today can't pvp like this or do much of anything.

Edit

I live on the east coast right near my network tower and using a almost brand new phone with a 4.0 operating system and this is also my 3 third phone since i've been playing these games and have had lag issues on everyone of them and only sts games

Theorems
05-21-2013, 07:41 PM
I am going to add to this and say that I have definitely experienced the lag spikes quite a bit as well.

One thing that I saw mentioned in the other thread, but not receive much attention, is that I think physical location has a lot to do with it. Since the servers are on the East Coast, my guess is people who are close/closer tend to not have issues and all these pretty severe lag issues are really hitting West Coasters or potentially international players who are much further away.

I personally am on the West Coast (Los Angeles) and I have seen a few of the other people complaining of lag issues say that they were from the West Coast as well.

STS is saying, since they are not hearing an "overwhelming" number of complaints, it must be an issue on our side. My counter would be, if the issue is based on physical location, then even though the problem is quite severe for those experiencing the lag issues, we will never hear an overwhelming number of complaints because there are plenty of people without any problem.

That however does NOT mean there is not an issue. It just means the issue is localized and only a distinct population of the players will complain, and THOSE individual will complain loudly, while people in unaffected areas will say, everything seems great! It follows that this is NOT an issue that STS should be allowed to dismiss as, "Not enough people are seeing the problem for it to be an issue for us to deal with."

I don't know about you guys, but I didn't even realize it was a lag issue until I saw others complaining of it on the forums. Basically when playing on chrome, my character would just kinda freeze up for a few seconds and then everything would snap in later. I thought maybe my computer was being slow or I just had chrome freeze up or something, but I am using LAN and I have a powerful gaming computer which should have no problem running AL or any of these games, since I run many games that require significantly more processing and graphics capabilities.

STS - please help us with this lag issue!

SuRfY
05-22-2013, 02:34 AM
Personally speaking, those living in the US shouldn't complain. Because they are closest to the servers. When they really do complain, they should feel the other players' agony (not living in US but in other countries) that their lag is 10-100 times more. LOL.

So if the players' rage in the US about lagging means you are hammering your phones or laptops in frustrations, then other players in other countries most likely are taking out their chainsaws trying to saw their computer or phone into half..lol...

Biui
05-22-2013, 03:02 AM
Lag? =P

SuRfY
05-22-2013, 03:26 AM
Lag? =P

don't get it...maybe something random...lol

DexterityX
05-22-2013, 05:48 AM
i just noticed i dont get lag spikes every weekdays, 12~7pm,(GMT+9) and pretty having bad lag spike on weekdays, 8pm~5am. i guess too much people online makes these lag spikes more difficult to play.

Francois Encio
05-30-2013, 05:09 AM
One thing to keep in mind is that your ping time is never faster than your FPS. The game client can only go check the ping to report it once per frame. If your device is only rendering 4 frames per second (as an example) then your ping could never be displayed as less than 250 ms (1 second / 4 = 250 ms).

How many hops are there between you and the servers? Tracert to account.spacetimestudios.com (not to www.spacetimestudios.com - that's the web server, which is very different) and take a look.

sir how do you do that tracert thing?

Kaukis
05-30-2013, 12:10 PM
I don't mind Lag spikes! I only get bad ones on the day before an Update/Patch. I use it as a sign good things are in the works.

Great game keep Up the good work Devs!