PDA

View Full Version : 2013-05-06 Content Update (119806)

H2N
05-06-2013, 11:52 AM

Speak with Gondle the Wizard in Stronghold for one free entry into Elite Mines of Nordia! Available to players level 30 and up.
New Elite daily quest now available from the Olde Yodler! Rewards Elite Golden Warchest!
Healing now only creates half the amount of Hate it used to from enemy NPCs.
The Entombed Hammer proc no longer applies a push back effect.

Cremated
05-06-2013, 11:54 AM
1ST

psychoscream
Wow thats what am talking about !

badness707
Bleh nothing for lower lvls. How bout new PvP map. :-). 8000+platinum spent still no hammer jaw or glacian. Luck ratio sux.

Linkincena
05-06-2013, 11:56 AM
yeah...

JaytB
05-06-2013, 11:57 AM
Nice update!

Cremated
Awesome update, what are you on about ?

Bullox
That's a big step in the right way!!!!

Thank you very much for this update :)

GoodSyntax
05-06-2013, 11:59 AM
That's a big bonus for Sorcs! Thren will be very pleased :-)

Is Gondle a daily entry or just a one-time use thing?

Zuzeq
05-06-2013, 12:00 PM
Nice update...that is all..

H2N
05-06-2013, 12:01 PM
That's a big bonus for Sorcs! Thren will be very pleased :-)

Is Gondle a daily entry or just a one-time use thing?

One time only.

jtst
05-06-2013, 12:01 PM
hammerjaw and glacian buff, guys, please make happen! It feels like those pets are wasted

Yakiniku
05-06-2013, 12:03 PM
Nice! Heal won't be as tricky to use anymore! /happydance

Even more nice!!! Elite Golden War Chest Daily!!! I hope it's not sellable though or else the market will fall out.

Thanks for the free pass into Elite Mines. I guess I have no excuse to not check it out at least once. :p

Logging in to see the madness. Pretty excited about the Elite Daily. :D

Spects
05-06-2013, 12:04 PM
I see elite warchest prices dropping...
unless the daily quest is super mega hard.

matanofx
05-06-2013, 12:06 PM
hope the sorc heal update is significant enough =]

badness707
05-06-2013, 12:06 PM
Near millionaires with how many people buy plat. I know at least 20 people who have spent 5000+ plat with not even a mythic item. Hmmmmmm maybe just surprise those with a few VIP crates with better loot chances. Seriously sad when I see a lvl4 with hammer jaw and filthy rich title.

Natrich
05-06-2013, 12:07 PM
hammerjaw and glacian buff, guys, please make happen! It feels like those pets are wasted

mythics need buff first, they have the same damage as Legendary

Athenum
05-06-2013, 12:09 PM
Nice update!, Thanks! :D

wvhills
05-06-2013, 12:09 PM
-1 on trying to pull players out of the free elite zones.

+1 on each of the other updates

-1 + 3(+1's) = +2 total for update.

After looking at what the quest is I change my score:

-1 on trying to pull players our of the free elite zones by giving away a free pass, -3 on creating a quest designed to sell passes to the plat per run dungeon. +1 on lowering mages heal aggro, +1 on taking away proc that scatters mobs.

I'm really disappointed in the way you guys are pushing the plat per run boss dungeon. Just speaking for myself, but I liked it better when you relied on crates, vanities and pets because these things didn't dramatic change the way the game was played like thrashers and plat per run boss brawls. The plat per run boss brawl in BSM in PL cut way down on the amount of people I had to do the free runs with. The flood of pinks from the plat per run bosses dropped their value so you cut back on the drop rate which made it even harder for me to get a pink. I watched over the weekend and was surprised how little of my friends were in AL's new plat per run dungeon and thought that maybe you would see people weren't interested in it like they were in PL but now it looks like you're not going to give up on it. :(

It's your business and you have the right to run it the way you see fit just like it's my right to spend my money on games I like to play. My two cents is I think you should focus plat sales on vanities, crates, and pets and leave thrashers and boss brawls out.

Uzii
05-06-2013, 12:17 PM
-1 on trying to pull players out of the free elite zones.

+1 on each of the other updates

-1 + 3(+1's) = +2 total for update.

Nice math :D

Gameplay
05-06-2013, 12:19 PM
One time only.

So if I'm feeling lucky I can only enter mines of Nordia once for free?

Yakiniku
05-06-2013, 12:19 PM
Hmm, I just had a thought.

Healing now only creates half the amount of Hate it used to from enemy NPCs.

That doesn't apply to Warriors' HoR too, does it? :p

Lady_Pebbles
05-06-2013, 12:20 PM
Sweet less aggro from Mage's Heal. Whew, finally a break & nice new additions. Thanks!

Edit: Yes.. yes Threnny likes. Me likes a lot. xD

Deadroth
05-06-2013, 12:26 PM
No... No... and... No..

No buff for glacian and hammerjaw

No increase drop ratio in EMoN

and

Near millionaires with how many people buy plat. I know at least 20 people who have spent 5000+ plat with not even a mythic item. Hmmmmmm maybe just surprise those with a few VIP crates with better loot chances. Seriously sad when I see a lvl4 with hammer jaw and filthy rich title.

Yea.. I opened 7 crates and felt... STOP MAN! That is just a plat waste...

No increase Arcane, Mythic loot-crate chance

and otherwise good update.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=30027&d=1367860000

Nice hat... where did You buy? In Chibo?....

And one i like in that update is free entry to EMoN.

so +2 and -3

Roth :)

Jellowpy
05-06-2013, 12:26 PM
Free elite gold warchest wow way to really ruin economy here, would rather make the npc give free random elite chest that cant be traded thats a safer but equally rewarding way to do a daily quest... Sometimes too much of a good thing can ruin everythinh

MattyMV
05-06-2013, 12:30 PM
Even more nice!!! Elite Golden War Chest Daily!!! I hope it's not sellable though or else the market will fall

Even if the chests aren't sellable, you still have chances to get elite gear which in turn will kill the market anyways. Most Pinks will be worthless.

Cero
05-06-2013, 12:33 PM
One time only.

omg, must not do it in pug-_-

jlinder2003
05-06-2013, 01:05 PM
You have to kill 20 elite bosses to get the free war chest. Not many people will ever kill that many, me included.

I like the free trip to the mines. On Friday night, I paid 10 plat to join and it took half an hour for me to get enough people to do a run. After 40 min fighting the wolf (he reset a few times), everyone left. I could not get another game. I was trying to get the elite boss achievements. Maybe I can get one of them now.

I love the reduced aggro. However, I still don't understand why it creates any aggro.

wvhills
05-06-2013, 01:17 PM
You have to kill 20 elite bosses to get the free war chest. Not many people will ever kill that many, me included.

I like the free trip to the mines. On Friday night, I paid 10 plat to join and it took half an hour for me to get enough people to do a run. After 40 min fighting the wolf (he reset a few times), everyone left. I could not get another game. I was trying to get the elite boss achievements. Maybe I can get one of them now.

I love the reduced aggro. However, I still don't understand why it creates any aggro.

u can get achievements in free elite maps, you don't have to do plat per run dungeon.

Carapace
05-06-2013, 01:29 PM
Even if the chests aren't sellable, you still have chances to get elite gear which in turn will kill the market anyways. Most Pinks will be worthless.

20 Elite bosses is quite a tall order, and while it's technically a daily we totally expect this to take some player a couple of days or more to earn for each turn in. If for some reason this does explode into "too many Elite Warchests" on the consignment shop and then a significant blow to the overall economy we will revisit and see if something can be done. Bound to player is certainly a possibility.

FluffNStuff
05-06-2013, 01:58 PM
Where is the elite daily quest? I talked to someone in Nordr stronghold and they told me to 'find Elite mines', I did and that was it.

Seventydopey
05-06-2013, 02:26 PM
Awesome update. I think it's great that we get a free pass to try it out. Like the dev team said, the nordr mine is just a time saver for those willing to spend plat. These same people could also convert their plat into gold so it's no bid deal that they are making money from farming the nordr mines.. They choose to spend hard earned money to buy plat.

I totally agree with jtst, I do hope the dev team is looking at ways to make their arcane pets be "slightly" better than the regular pets like Malison, otherwise what's the point of even getting them through endless locked crates. There's probably like 5-6 glacians in the game and we're worried about them overtipping the scales, yet Malison is still stronger than any pet that has come out in the last 3 expansions.

It's been mentioned before they are looking into it, but we haven't heard an update to this.

[

QUOTE=jtst;1084651]hammerjaw and glacian buff, guys, please make happen! It feels like those pets are wasted[/QUOTE]

Rare
05-06-2013, 02:32 PM
Free elite gold warchest wow way to really ruin economy here, would rather make the npc give free random elite chest that cant be traded thats a safer but equally rewarding way to do a daily quest... Sometimes too much of a good thing can ruin everythinh

Well, lets be honest. It takes 20 elite boss kills to get one elite golden warchest. I don't think that's going to drastically affect the economy.

Rare
05-06-2013, 02:34 PM
Where is the elite daily quest? I talked to someone in Nordr stronghold and they told me to 'find Elite mines', I did and that was it.

Olde Yodler. Just on the top side of the main intersection.

Rare
05-06-2013, 02:36 PM
Awesome update. I think it's great that we get a free pass to try it out. Like the dev team said, the nordr mine is just a time saver for those willing to spend plat. These same people could also convert their plat into gold so it's no bid deal that they are making money from farming the nordr mines.. They choose to spend hard earned money to buy plat.

Only problem is that now, as Wvhills mentioned, the already scarce elite crowd, is even more scarce.

Honestly, I don't think I've completed a single elite run without my guildies. Sure have wasted a lot of time trying though.

Phupham88
05-06-2013, 05:39 PM
How come i cant take new dialy quest.. Do
I have to do anything b4?

Worship
05-06-2013, 05:48 PM
Hoo-ray!

Natrich
05-06-2013, 06:48 PM
How come i cant take new dialy quest.. Do
I have to do anything b4?

You probably need to be lv 30 lol

Zuzeq
05-06-2013, 07:36 PM
Just finished the new daily quest. Though "doable" I don't see it happening everyday. You have to have a awesome party and plenty of caffeine

Phupham88
05-06-2013, 09:13 PM
Im lv 31 xd but there no quest at old man Xd

Excuses
05-06-2013, 09:48 PM
How about HoR's taunt?
It used to taunt without taunt upgrade, but how it would be now?