PDA

View Full Version : Ice patches freeze

Uzii
05-06-2013, 12:10 PM
Isnt this bit too far from that ice? I may be just lagging i dont know, but i didnt touch it a bit I always run way away from it and this happens from time to time. Can u please look into this?

Thank you

AKILIOS
05-06-2013, 12:40 PM
LMAO!!! this is avatar worthy

Ozusaunake
05-07-2013, 03:37 PM
haha omg
Arcane Legends : 1
Uzii : 0

Spects
05-07-2013, 03:51 PM
happens to me pretty often if archer yetis special proc bumps me towards an ice patch
Imo no bug.

Rare
05-07-2013, 03:54 PM
happens to me pretty often if archer yetis special proc bumps me towards an ice patch
Imo no bug.

I've had it happen to me just walking between two ice patches. Just like in that picture.

Uzii
05-07-2013, 03:54 PM
thers no mob around. everything clear. i died and run to boss

I've had it happen to me just walking between two ice patches. Just like in that picture.

yes happens for me between 2 also

Spects
05-07-2013, 03:58 PM
maybe a mega lag that changed space-time continuum? :)

teaser for Mystery Legends

Samhayne
05-07-2013, 04:24 PM
maybe a mega lag that changed space-time continuum? :)

That is indeed the problem. What you see on your client is what the server is trying to tell you. I'm surprised you weren't warped back into the area some once your client received the update on your status. With any online game there is latency involved, but, to prevent hacking, the server is always right. This is also the problem where people complain that they get hit by the bosses wind-up attack, even after they moved out of the red warning area. The server things you are still in that attack area, even though on your client it may look like you are outside of that area.

It just is what it is.

Spects
05-07-2013, 04:28 PM
That is indeed the problem. What you see on your client is what the server is trying to tell you. I'm surprised you weren't warped back into the area some once your client received the update on your status. With any online game there is latency involved, but, to prevent hacking, the server is always right. This is also the problem where people complain that they get hit by the bosses wind-up attack, even after they moved out of the red warning area. The server things you are still in that attack area, even though on your client it may look like you are outside of that area.

It just is what it is.
couldn't have said it better

razerfingers
05-07-2013, 05:06 PM
Weird sam. So its the server delay not any technical issue?

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall.

Asireuz
05-08-2013, 05:17 AM
The ice patch effect area seems slightly different to the visual ice patch. I can touch one side without freezing, but not the other, not even by 1 pixel. And I suspect the way our position is represented in the server is a little bigger than where our feet (aka pointy things for sorcerer) are shown to be. This way you can get frozen in close proximity to an ice patch.

Frozen at a distance, that has always been lag in my case. The way I think it works is that while you lag walking around the ice patch, the server sees your location change from one side of the ice to the other, and assumes you moved in a straight line between those points. This path intersects the ice effect area, and you get frozen, wherever you happen to be at that time.

This is also the problem where people complain that they get hit by the bosses wind-up attack, even after they moved out of the red warning area. The server things you are still in that attack area, even though on your client it may look like you are outside of that area.

But I highly doubt this, with a steady green ping, Frostir can hit very much beyond his red attack zone. Maneater and Frostbite have really obvious bugs where their red cone never comes close to my location, but I get hit anyway. And Grimnr, like Frostir, seems to have one attack that feels like it covers wherever you run. I wish I could record things like this when they happen.

Uzii
05-08-2013, 08:52 AM
At least i got an answer. Thx.