PDA

View Full Version : Ping Issues

broeken
04-28-2010, 06:46 AM
Is anyone experiencing crazy ping issues? Most of the time, my ping hovers around 150-200 which is awesome, but there are times when both myself and wife's pings spike to well over 30,000 for a few seconds at a time rendering the game unplayable (and usually ending in messy deaths, lol). I know the problem isn't with my network or our devices (2nd gen ipods). I recently moved both devices into the DMZ on my router, but that didn't help.

Any ideas fora quick fix?

(BTW, we both LOVE this game, and consider this issue an annoyance more than anything else.)

Thanks Spacetime!

Futumsh
04-28-2010, 08:08 AM
Generally speaking, this means there are periodic connectivity issues somewhere between you and the servers.

broeken
04-28-2010, 03:28 PM
Thanks for replying. That's kind of what I was afraid of. Do you think I can run a traceroute to see where it's hanging up?

BTW, this is by FAR, my favorite iphone/ipod game!

I removed and reinstalled the game and it seems to be responding a little better. Makes me wonder if I shouldn't do a complete wipe and restore of the ipod....

Odvar
04-28-2010, 07:37 PM
Also on MY Iphone 3G I get what is described but on my WIFES 3G she does not.... lmao yeah what you think?

broeken
05-02-2010, 04:08 PM
I think I figured out the problem and it's a total newbie thing. I added a wireless access point to my wifi router that's abot 20 feet closer to where my wife and I usually play and we've done two complete runs through the dark forest with no ping issues whatsoever. So there you go.

Anyway cheers to Spacetime for an awesome game.

sinha
10-15-2011, 02:21 AM
the Ping test depends on the server to which the packets are sent, some times when u connect a site to a slower server your PING becomes low, try ping testing different sites using WhosiXY.com (http://www.whoisxy.com/ping.aspx) and check it