PDA

View Full Version : Axe throw bugged?

JaytB
05-07-2013, 03:46 AM
After a couple of hours of elite farming on my warrior I noticed axe throw isn't working as it was a while back.

It seems to be working fine on trash mobs but it has several issues during boss fights:

1. It doesn't seem to taunt bosses at all anymore. Normally when using AT at the right time, it used to taunt bosses while now they just keep attacking your teammates.

2. The skill upgrade that used to pull bosses towards you also seems bugged. It doesn't pull anything but trash mobs anymore.

I hope this will be looked into because, as it stands now, AT suddenly seems like a worthless skill.

Edit: For all clarity, I'm talking about the Nordr elite bosses here. Most bosses from other campaigns seem fine as far as I could see.

JaytB
05-08-2013, 05:09 AM
Here's some more specific info...

Before the update, I could pull the spider in crystal caves towards me when there were no red 'cones' showing. Also, I could to the same with frostr when no red cones were showing.

After the update, both things mentioned above just don't work anymore.

Another thing that happens is when, for example, frostr or the spider start chasing my teammates. Before the update, I could get them to agro me again by using AT. Now, after the update, I can throw as many axes as I want but those bosses will happily keep chasing my teammates. The only thing that still seems to work is the Dmg component of AT.

So basically, for these bosses and probably others, AT all of a sudden doesn't seem to work anymore. While before the update it was working fine.

Some feedback would be appreciated.

Weagledan
05-08-2013, 02:27 PM
Yep, I'm seeing the same 2 observations you noted above as well. Chest Splitter is already weak vs bosses because it doesn't interrupt, why weaken another warrior skill?

If this is an intended change to the skill, maybe consider free respecs as we're no longer getting the ability we allocated skill points towards.

Kraze
05-08-2013, 02:31 PM
My poor sorc is tired of being treated like a chew toy for that giant spider. I can confirm the same observations with multiple highly geared tanks

Lalarie
05-08-2013, 02:33 PM
Can confirm this.. when was running with guildes.

JaytB
05-08-2013, 02:47 PM
Thanks for the feedback. Good to hear I'm not alone.

Yep, I'm seeing the same 2 observations you noted above as well. Chest Splitter is already weak vs bosses because it doesn't interrupt, why weaken another warrior skill?

If this is an intended change to the skill, maybe consider free respecs as we're no longer getting the ability we allocated skill points towards.

My guess is that it's a bug that has something to do with the Nordr bosses. It seems to work on some low level bosses I tested it on. It only doesn't work anymore on Nordr bosses as far as I could see. I haven't tested all bosses in game though, so there might be more that have this same problem.

Let's wait and see until STS picks up on this, hopefully it's something they'll fix soon.

JaytB
05-09-2013, 10:41 AM
*crickets*

Pandamoni
05-09-2013, 12:34 PM
Thanks for the feedback. Good to hear I'm not alone.

My guess is that it's a bug that has something to do with the Nordr bosses. It seems to work on some low level bosses I tested it on. It only doesn't work anymore on Nordr bosses as far as I could see. I haven't tested all bosses in game though, so there might be more that have this same problem.

Let's wait and see until STS picks up on this, hopefully it's something they'll fix soon.

I hope they fix this! I'm waiting for them to say that the gear needs to be better, lol. Ever's wearing the mythic armor and it's still happening!

Wowsome
05-09-2013, 12:46 PM
Really helpful .. Thanks for sharing this, JaytB!

Lojack
05-09-2013, 04:45 PM
The Taunting aspect of AT will be fixed in the next update.

The not pulling the bosses? As designed.

JaytB
05-09-2013, 04:55 PM

Thanks!

Bit weird that the bosses could be pulled before the update but as long as taunt works I'm not complaining :)

Rare
05-09-2013, 07:13 PM

just nordr bosses? Or all bosses?

Weagledan
05-10-2013, 09:24 AM

Thanks for the clarification Lojack. Could I make the recommendation to include that in the description of the skill (same with chest splitter's interrupt ability). If the skill isn't going to work in certain situations, the player should be made aware of that. That way we can make smarter decisions on where to 'invest' our skill points.

Thanks again for the response.

JaytB
05-10-2013, 11:03 AM
Thanks for the clarification Lojack. Could I make the recommendation to include that in the description of the skill (same with chest splitter's interrupt ability). If the skill isn't going to work in certain situations, the player should be made aware of that. That way we can make smarter decisions on where to 'invest' our skill points.

Thanks again for the response.

I agree. Why would anyone want that pull skill upgrade for PvE when it doesn't work on bosses?

Taejo
05-10-2013, 03:22 PM

Pretty easy to read between the lines here. AT's pull function was nerfed due to being rather powerful against the new Nordr bosses. However, during this change in code, the taunt function was accidentally jacked up. Since AT used to work seamlessly, that is why many warriors spec'd into it. I agree that the description of the skill needs to be reworded, so no one is mislead into thinking that it's effective against Nordr bosses. Likewise, the taunt feature of AT should be promptly fixed before people start wasting plat to respec into something else (although I'm sure STS wouldn't mind that). I honestly feel a free respec would be a responsible reimbursement for your fan base. But hey, I'm an optimist.