PDA

View Full Version : Quest: The Missing Rangers

tHelonestud
05-07-2013, 08:58 AM
Campaign: Wyldwood
Objective: Find the skeletons of 6 rangers in the main Wyldwood map

Bug: It works fine if you just accept it and do it, but unfortunately I didn't. If you partially complete it(e.g., reach 3/6 or even 6/6 without turning it in), then abandon it, you will not be able to ever fully complete it.

I'm guessing after you talk to a ranger it gives you 1/6 quest completion, as well as a "token" in the code, which keeps the NPC from giving you another 1/6 of the quest if you talk to him again. That keeps you from being able to just stand in one place and talk to one ranger 6 times. When you abandon the quest, it does not reset these "tokens". So if you pick up the quest later, you won't get any quest completions from the ranger NPC's that you talked to the last time you accepted the quest.

Thanks for reading. Hopefully, this is fixed soon.

razerfingers
05-07-2013, 10:25 AM
They're around there. Its no bug.

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall.

tHelonestud
05-07-2013, 09:08 PM
They're around there. Its no bug.

I know they are there
It's difficult to explain
most basic way I can put it: when you start the quest and talk to a few of the rangers, then you abandon it and re-accept it, you don't get any quest completion for the ones you talked to the first time.
I think it may be similar to the problem with the Christmas saving the elves quest reused several years.

Noi`ya
05-07-2013, 09:41 PM
Gosh you're right

I am sad now

DocDoBig
05-08-2013, 09:18 AM
I think you can't "click" a ranger twice.

razerfingers
05-08-2013, 10:00 AM
I know they are there
It's difficult to explain
most basic way I can put it: when you start the quest and talk to a few of the rangers, then you abandon it and re-accept it, you don't get any quest completion for the ones you talked to the first time.
I think it may be similar to the problem with the Christmas saving the elves quest reused several years.

I think you shouldnt abandon it then xD i completed it before but took forever to find the rangers it seemed.

tHelonestud
05-08-2013, 09:26 PM
I think you shouldnt abandon it then xD i completed it before but took forever to find the rangers it seemed.

well, I know that now, at the time(back in the days when you could only have 3 or whatever) I was like, "wow more quests, better make room, they're probably better."

razerfingers
05-09-2013, 08:46 AM
well, I know that now, at the time(back in the days when you could only have 3 or whatever) I was like, "wow more quests, better make room, they're probably better."

That makes more sense. See shoulda put when you abandon the quest it doesnt reset properly.