PDA

View Full Version : Letting players upgrade gear

chintan
05-07-2013, 09:41 AM
It can be set up like this an item can be upgraded to +10 or so on. In order to upgrade an item a player has to collect items based on how rare the items is. 2nd part is you can either upgrade the item straight or add dex,str,hp,INT(this is only for the armor) but you can only choose one of them that will increase with the + of the Item.

I think this could help create an interesting outcome in pvp as not everyone will have the same gear

Altic
05-08-2013, 02:47 AM
I think that would for sure be cool.
It would definitely allow for more unique and in-depth character builds.

My take on it would be, You can reduce any of the stats on the armor or almost any (Maybe only primary attributes; Strength, Dexterity, Intelligence) by a certain percent or fixed value. And then the amount that was taken from that stat could be added to another.

Ex. Say the number would be 10% of what ever stat you reduced. For the sake of simple math and it being 2:40AM here. Let's say an item has these stats; 10 STR, 7 DEX, 20 INT, 2.00% Dodge, 300 Armor. Perhaps you value Health more than Mana. If you reduce INT, 2 Points are taken away from INT, and you boost STR, the two points are added to STR. The final values of the items stats would then be; 12 STR, 7 DEX, 18 INT, 2.00% Dodge, 300 Armor. There are so many possibilities or variation that can improve my idea, ect. ect.
But yea, I was nodding off as i typed this all out, lol.

Bullox
05-08-2013, 06:07 AM
Nice idea but.....
If they do, it will be like other MMOs...

U need some Stone or Elixier for changing some Stats, because whithout u have a 70% Chance the item get destroyed....

And i can swear these Stones or Elixiers are only getting for Plat!!!

Do we really need another thing that costs Plat too???????

chintan
05-09-2013, 01:23 AM
Nice input altic.... if they did it with plat i guess they could also drop the stones in elite chest or boss... As they have done with the mythic and arcane items