PDA

View Full Version : Elite Frostbite's Death Touch? LOL Grimnr? Nordia harder??

Khylan
05-07-2013, 03:58 PM
Since the most recent content update with the introduction of Nordia Mines it seems that Frostbite summons and 75% of the time 1 shots players (me at least), regardless of where you are. I killed him 3 times yesterday, solo, but finally gave up and stuck to the "easier' Elite bosses in mines. Beating him now requires pure luck since it doesn't matter where I am I can't avoid being pulled to him and chomped.

Since it's now impossible to outrun Grimnr's lightning blast since his snare has 100% uptime, and with Frostbite's red cone of attack is nothing more than a pretty color as far as usefulness to a player it seems the only way to down some of these bosses is to use plat revive in order to keep the npc from respawning at full health.

Is this intentional? pre 5/2 content patch using firebug and the 60 minute combo elixir it was possible to solo these encounters (albeit risky) but now even with spending loads of plat it is all but impossible. Is this working as intended? I have not tried the elite boss mobs in the normal elite zones, are the the Nordia bosses harder than their counterparts in the regular zones?

I don't mind spending my hard earned money to buy elixirs, but when content is designed to be virtually if not unbeatable even with using them I have a problem. If it's money you want, have the zone complete for xx plat like you do in DL instead of making the zone impossible.

Valkiryas
05-07-2013, 04:07 PM
All the bosses of Nordor in elite mode can kill with one touch, get chest from that bosses is very hard too, our only choice to do more quick is the Mines of Nordor...

¿STS is a trap for spend platinum?

katish
05-07-2013, 04:18 PM
I just don't think people are complaning about this enough.

I don't understand what's with the 1 shot kill.. it's not fun, it's just frustrating, it takes strategy out of the game completey. And it's not just on elite bosses, regular nordr bosses can 1 shot kill too.

The extended reach and crazy pull are supposed to be bugs though.. They mentioned fixing it a few weeks ago but nothing happened. It'd be nice to have some kind of an update on this issue.

Khylan
05-07-2013, 04:20 PM
All the bosses of Nordor in elite mode can kill with one touch, get chest from that bosses is very hard too, our only choice to do more quick is the Mines of Nordor...

¿STS is a trap for spend platinum?

I don't think you understood what I posted...boss shouldn't be killing outside of red zone, make sense?

Lalarie
05-07-2013, 04:37 PM
Are you talking about the Mines?

ishyrionek
05-07-2013, 04:43 PM
I like 2 fast hits: 1 red area, then after 0,2 sec normal hit :-)

Zuzeq
05-07-2013, 04:48 PM
I honestly don't mind being one shoted in elites. What gets me is being one shoted/hit outside of the red. They claim to have fixed this issue, but it still going....

Asahetek
05-07-2013, 04:55 PM
Bosses killing outside of their red zone is a problem in both regular and elite maps and has happened to me so many times, especially frostbite which pulls me even when im behind it or nowhere near and frostnir who keeps hitting people outside of his circle

Khylan
05-07-2013, 04:56 PM
Bosses killing outside of their red zone is a problem in both regular and elite maps and has happened to me so many times, especially frostbite which pulls me even when im behind it or nowhere nwar and frostnir who keeps hitting people outside of his circle

That's what I am referring to, very annoying!

falmear
05-07-2013, 05:59 PM
There are multiple threads in the technical issues forum about this. Add your own voice here:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?94607-Please-fix-the-quot-getting-hit-outside-red-areas-from-Bosses-quot-in-Nordr

I also posted a video demonstrating this yet from what I have experienced its not been fixed. All we have heard it would be fixed in the next update yet we have had many updates since then and its not been fixed. Nor I have seen it listed in any of the update notes. So I can assume nothing has been done on this.

Asahetek
05-07-2013, 07:02 PM
It has never been fixed, for example i fought frostbite and it i was behind it and somehow pulled me to it but i survived and a little while after that it pulled me from the other side of the room and no matter where i go it always pulls me.

Then went on to fight frostnir in elite it was one of the most frustrating and annoying battles since it always seemed to hit me, at one point it was against the wall near the exit and i was near the middle well out of its range and the it attacked and i died. Other times when i was out of range and the attacks still hit me.

Please fix it

iluvataris
05-07-2013, 07:35 PM
i think its funny when 4 well geared players kill maneater but cant get past pigs for 2 more minutes : /

Asahetek
05-07-2013, 09:59 PM
Grr hate those freaking pig dog cat things, the boss itself isn't to hard.

xcainnblecterx
05-07-2013, 10:16 PM
Only crits are 1 hitting my warrio. I don't seem to have a problem with red zones......maybe cause I'm tanking and usually in it? Second thought that spider does pull when I'm to the side of him

ean89
05-08-2013, 06:50 AM
they fixed it before this..after that last update..the problem come back again..

FluffNStuff
05-08-2013, 09:48 AM
Currently they are blaming ping and saying 'You WERE in the red zone when the attack when off". See post here:

That is indeed the problem. What you see on your client is what the server is trying to tell you. I'm surprised you weren't warped back into the area some once your client received the update on your status. With any online game there is latency involved, but, to prevent hacking, the server is always right. This is also the problem where people complain that they get hit by the bosses wind-up attack, even after they moved out of the red warning area. The server things you are still in that attack area, even though on your client it may look like you are outside of that area.

It just is what it is.

Is anyone getting one shot even after NEVER being in the red zone?

Asahetek
05-08-2013, 10:00 AM
Yes a lot of people are getting hit well outside of the zone including me and it's getting irritating repeating it over and over and waiting for a good response not blaming the servers or lag, my ping is pretty much always green are you telling me that it's that inaccurate

katish
05-08-2013, 11:44 AM
Currently they are blaming ping and saying 'You WERE in the red zone when the attack when off". See post here:

Is anyone getting one shot even after NEVER being in the red zone?

Actually I did notice that i only get 1 shot running from the red zone. If i stand just on the edge as it comes i dont get hit. What Sam is saying may make sense but they still need to find a way to improve our experience, as this is no fun.

McBain
05-08-2013, 01:12 PM
I would buy the ping/latency explanation if the same thing happened with other bosses other than just in the Nordr campaign. Even if this is the case, though, it's still an issue that needs to be resolved somehow. I understand that latency is a part of any online game, but in a normal scenario, we're talking about a microscopic delay. The timing difference in this particular case seems to be much bigger than my 100-200 ms ping (unless the ping meter is just ridiculously inaccurate). There's something else at play, me thinks.

Asahetek
05-08-2013, 01:36 PM
I agree with you my pings in normally in between 90-300 so just blaming that is kinda ridiculous and still doesn't explain frostbite magical spider web.

Sigh it's an error acknowledge and repair it

Eggcelent
05-08-2013, 05:05 PM
The one shot kill from bosses needs to go. I have 1200 armor and over 4500 health and it is quite frustrating. You don't even get a chance to use pots.
When I first started playing AL, it seemed like a more casual mmo. Now, it feels like a hardcore grindfest.

Swede
05-08-2013, 05:36 PM
They might need a further reduction in damage. However, red zones in elite dungeons should be close to death for most classes, even warriors. An underequipped sorcerer or rogue would probably die right away, or someone that has completely ignored raising defensive stats.

The real problem is how hard it is to get out of the red zones and how frustrating it is when it looks like you escaped and really didn't according to the server.

We did find a problem with Frostbite's pull ability today and will patch that out soon, she was definitely grabbing people outside of the cone.

As far as Grimnr goes, you say that he permanently snares you now? If that's the case it's unintentional. Is that something new? Last time I played him (admittedly a few weeks ago) he didn't do that.

Asahetek
05-08-2013, 07:55 PM
Sigh seriously it's not ping, not the server, nor is it that hard to escape the zones and some of the times i wasn't even near the redzone and died for no reason. I was playing earlier today and went to fight frostnir and i checked my ping which was 171. Once he reached whatever threshold his red circle attack starts, he kept hitting me and my party while we were out of the zone.

Meh this is kinda like the response we get when we talk about the issues with lag.

djironlung
05-08-2013, 08:43 PM
it is ridiculous that even a warrior like me with over 4500 health almost 1300 armor I can get one spot at full health that it's absurd and should not be possible. I can understand 85 even 90 % damage in one strike but 100 % is ridiculous and should be reduced to realism

Khylan
05-08-2013, 08:50 PM
They might need a further reduction in damage. However, red zones in elite dungeons should be close to death for most classes, even warriors. An underequipped sorcerer or rogue would probably die right away, or someone that has completely ignored raising defensive stats.

The real problem is how hard it is to get out of the red zones and how frustrating it is when it looks like you escaped and really didn't according to the server.

We did find a problem with Frostbite's pull ability today and will patch that out soon, she was definitely grabbing people outside of the cone.

As far as Grimnr goes, you say that he permanently snares you now? If that's the case it's unintentional. Is that something new? Last time I played him (admittedly a few weeks ago) he didn't do that.

Thanks for response!
Yay on Frostbite! With Grimnr pre 5/2 patch even snared I could still just *barely* get out of the red zone when he does his single head lightning blast, now it seems like I am out, but it still gets me. This is with Slag and the 60m combo elixir..(I say this because I assume the snare is a % reduction from whatever value of run speed a player currently has). Grimnr definitely "floats" now while charging his attacks. That may be why the snare seems to have 100% uptime because I can't outrun the short ae attack red circle because Grimnr is still chasing me while its charging.

I don't mean to be nit picky but when you figure out a strategy to solo these bosses (this includes spending a lot of plat for buffs) so they can be farmed and the next patch hits and they start behaving in ways that seem outside of the mechanics of the encounter, you take notice.

Thanks again!

Bootydots
05-08-2013, 09:11 PM

With all due respect about that last statement saying you have not played Grimnr in the past few weeks, Shouldnt you Guys(STS) have people actually playing these maps thoroughly so these problems are not going on for weeks at a time? Seems you all are throwing out updates and not double checking for issues. I understand that is why we have forums for these threads, But multiple issues at once like this is not a good sign at all.

darthdlo
05-11-2013, 07:38 PM
I keep dieing on frostbite in regular mode one hit and far away from his cone. It seemed like if at any point I touched that red cone, even if i was out of it when he attacked, I still got one hit killed. This was with lvl 27 mage but the point is I shouldn't get hit if not in cone not the one hit kill and my tablet, connection and ping is excellent. Asus transformer pas tf700, 65mbps, and 89. I wasted plat on revive so he didn't reset health just to progress the maps.

Zeus
05-11-2013, 08:34 PM
With all due respect about that last statement saying you have not played Grimnr in the past few weeks, Shouldnt you Guys(STS) have people actually playing these maps thoroughly so these problems are not going on for weeks at a time? Seems you all are throwing out updates and not double checking for issues. I understand that is why we have forums for these threads, But multiple issues at once like this is not a good sign at all.

They may be working on the next campaign for you or other updates. AL is getting undoubtedly the most developer support right now as well as the quickest response time. Please, be grateful to the attention the developers are giving AL.

illego
05-12-2013, 02:16 AM
It has nothing to do with ping. Where you are on your screen and where the server thinks you are are two different things. I play this game with my 5 year old on our tablets next to the router so connection should not be a problem. Even when pings are low, I look on his tablet and my position on my tablet and his tablet are sometimes a whole screen apart. I look on my tablet and I am running half a screen ahead of him and it's vice versa on his. I think the problem is how fast sts servers are updating to your device. I see the same thing when we are on the computer so it's not an issue with hardware power. So when sts says everything is working correctly, I am sure it is in there lab next to their servers.

Sent from my NookTablet using Tapatalk 2

Asahetek
05-12-2013, 11:52 AM
Hmm i was fighting frostir in both normal and elite modes and it definitely seems like he's hitting people outside the zone also is he hitting harder in normal then he does in elite ?