PDA

View Full Version : Please Explain 'Red Zone'

FluffNStuff
05-08-2013, 11:58 AM
As I and I assume most players understand it, the Red Zone is a 'warning'. When the Red Zone appears, the player has X number of seconds to get out of it before the Red Zone turns into a death zone. Now there are TONS of players complaining that they are getting killed outside of the Red Zone, and it has been explained as:

That is indeed the problem. What you see on your client is what the server is trying to tell you. I'm surprised you weren't warped back into the area some once your client received the update on your status. With any online game there is latency involved, but, to prevent hacking, the server is always right. This is also the problem where people complain that they get hit by the bosses wind-up attack, even after they moved out of the red warning area. The server things you are still in that attack area, even though on your client it may look like you are outside of that area.

It just is what it is.

This statement tells me A) Either the Red Zone is not a warning zone, but a hey, your gonna die zone, nothing you can do, just letting you know or B) the X number of seconds clearly does not take the latency issue into account, which is baffling on a mobile game.

So which is it? Does the warning time need to be tweaked, or is it not really a warning at all, but just an early notification of death?

Uzii
05-08-2013, 12:33 PM
After last experiences i think its A)