PDA

View Full Version : My opinion on AL platinum reliance

Anindu Bandara
05-08-2013, 12:33 PM
I dunno about others, but after the nordr update the game isn't worth playing.. I feel that EVERYTHING requires platinum.. Not everyone wastes real money on games.. Cuz of this pvp is only for the rich people who buy platinum.

Rare
05-08-2013, 12:41 PM
Give an example?

I don't see any problem... ESPECIALLY in PVP. I think PVE is more of a plat drain that PVP with the instant revive and problems with red cones.

Itoopeo
05-08-2013, 12:46 PM
Lets all quit these games and see if sts reduces the need of platinium in games.
If you dont like platinuim, try those better sts games (PL and SL)

Anindu Bandara
05-08-2013, 12:47 PM
Give an example?

I don't see any problem... ESPECIALLY in PVP. I think PVE is more of a plat drain that PVP with the instant revive and problems with red cones.

Example? You need platinum to get better loot.. Like from locked crates, and platinum pets.. You can't fight elite bosses without the elixirs.. For elixirs you need platinum. And in pvp the people with better gear always kick our butts..

Rare
05-08-2013, 12:51 PM
Example? You need platinum to get better loot.. Like from locked crates, and platinum pets.. You can't fight elite bosses without the elixirs.. For elixirs you need platinum. And in pvp the people with better gear always kick our butts..

1. You don't need platinum for better loot. Yes... mythic and arcane items can be had with platinum. But they are extremely rare and have little impact on PVP as a whole. All other gear (and even mythic and arcane) can be got with gold.

2. Most of the best pets in the game can be got from gold or farming.

3. The elite bosses without elixir comment is just plain false. It can certainly be done. I do it a lot. But plat revive is much easier.

Itoopeo
05-08-2013, 12:51 PM
Also watch crates drop rate is bad. For specific item ypu need to open like 150 crates which costs 15x150=2250 plat which is a lot real money. Then you get item you wanted and its glitchy and gets hungry all them time. Lol?

Anindu Bandara
05-08-2013, 12:53 PM
Also watch crates drop rate is bad. For specific item ypu need to open like 150 crates which costs 15x150=2250 plat which is a lot real money. Then you get item you wanted and its glitchy and gets hungry all them time. Lol?

This guy understood my point :p :)

Rare
05-08-2013, 01:00 PM
This guy understood my point :p :)

Oh... I understood your point. You didn't understand mine.

The mythic items can be bought without spending a single platinum. A lot of people do it. You farm farm farm. Save your gold. Buy the items. Or merch.

What you meant to say is "it costs too much platinum to get items easily". From my perspective, this game is GREAT for not requiring platinum. Try Pocket Legends where platinum elixirs are almost a necessity.

xcainnblecterx
05-08-2013, 01:40 PM
1. merch
2. merch then PvP
3. merch, get good gear then do elite.....actually I'm still in 26 gear(- my l30 plate I paid 8k for) and do elites fine. I do think its pretty plat based, but most of the points youre trying to say are plat based is way off

Rare
05-08-2013, 02:00 PM
1. merch
2. merch then PvP
3. merch, get good gear then do elite.....actually I'm still in 26 gear(- my l30 plate I paid 8k for) and do elites fine. I do think its pretty plat based, but most of the points youre trying to say are plat based is way off

Well there certainly are some things that are very plat based.

1. If you want to easily get mythic, arcane items. You can use plat and it very expensive.
2. If you want to stay on top in terms of AP its heavily plat based.
3. If you want to own every pet in the game, its plat based.
4. If you want to farm Nordr bosses easily, its plat based.

Everything else is free.

Samhayne
05-08-2013, 02:09 PM
Like most things in life, it usually boils down to money or time.

If you have the time, you can get the very best items in the game. Arcane and Mythic items drop from Elite Gold chests that can be obtained from the Elite bosses. Sure, you probably need a good group, but it is entirely doable to farm Elite bosses.

If you don't have the time, you can shortcut by spending money. That doesn't invalidate the fact that you can obtain the very best items without spending any real money.

At the end of the day, those people who do spend money on the game make it so that everyone can play for free. We sincerely appreciate the users that do support us. Rather than being jealous of those who do have Platinum, you should likely thank them for allowing us to operate the game where you can play for free.

matanofx
05-08-2013, 02:44 PM
dont know the spesific reason but it seems like many players including me arent liking al that much since nordr.

Anindu Bandara
05-08-2013, 03:57 PM
dont know the spesific reason but it seems like many players including me arent liking al that much since nordr.

Yeah

Sibayjing
05-08-2013, 04:12 PM
It is the same drop rate for mythic/ arcane loot from Elite golden war chest and Locked crate?

If it is the same drop rate, the best way is locked crate... We lost our time to run elite map for this hard elite golden war chest, who have the same drop rate than locked for mythic and arcane loot

Currently, do you think arcane and mythic holders have got in an elite golden chest? Probably not. Maul of ull holders drop from crates, hooks holders from crates too ...

stackz
05-08-2013, 04:24 PM
Only reason I'm falling away from AL after nordr is the boss difficulty. U literally have to beg guild mates to help u and half the time they won't. Nobody wants to just die repeatedly when a boss can one shot u for triple ur ability to survive...repeatedly and quickly. Regardless of whether death ratio doesntmatter. Ppl just don't like it. RANDOMS just run the maps till end and leave. U literally have to lvl until u barely stand a chance and even then ppl bail out.

Just makes u feel defeated and don't want to play. Even with elixers the hoses r stupid in that they hit HARD repeatedly and quickly. I'm not saying make them solo able like in early releases but god....they r harder in normal mode then elite bosses were in two first releases...and yeah I farm elite on nordr on my main but taking me FOREVER to get through quests on second to on for above reasons and I don't want to even play it anymore

Zanpakuto
05-08-2013, 06:10 PM
Only reason I'm falling away from AL after nordr is the boss difficulty. U literally have to beg guild mates to help u and half the time they won't. Nobody wants to just die repeatedly when a boss can one shot u for triple ur ability to survive...repeatedly and quickly. Regardless of whether death ratio doesntmatter. Ppl just don't like it. RANDOMS just run the maps till end and leave. U literally have to lvl until u barely stand a chance and even then ppl bail out.

Just makes u feel defeated and don't want to play. Even with elixers the hoses r stupid in that they hit HARD repeatedly and quickly. I'm not saying make them solo able like in early releases but god....they r harder in normal mode then elite bosses were in two first releases...and yeah I farm elite on nordr on my main but taking me FOREVER to get through quests on second to on for above reasons and I don't want to even play it anymore

yeah, can't play with random people anymore~

psychoscream
05-08-2013, 06:12 PM
guys whats wrong with you ?!!!!
sts is a company !!!
they get profits they
cant give everyone
10000 plats and
tell them enjoy
!!!!

Snakespeare
05-08-2013, 06:15 PM
They'll nerf the hard bosses eventually. Until then only leet players will have the new stuff. It's their pattern. I don't understand it. After they nerf it I will play more. It's my pattern, too.

Zmaxx
05-08-2013, 07:04 PM
Long time player of sts games
And first post in forums in years ive played
I like to chime in a bit,
Though the thread is about game being plat based,which is partly true to some extent ,they have salarys to pay so..thats that
I have to agree that the new maps are way to hard and discoraging,
Though managable its just not fun and really turning me off this game,
As we have played all sts games
I think some of the choices you dev have made in new maps mobs and bosses just plain to hard and not really fun,
To raise lvl of all elite maps to lvl 30 was just a killer

psychoscream
05-08-2013, 07:13 PM
with the a perfect party (1 war lev 31 , 2 rouges lev 31,1 mage lev 31) elite norder is easy !

Alhuntrazeck
05-08-2013, 08:09 PM
Elite Nordr isn't easy lol...but anyway. I haven't spent a single $ on plat so far and I've been playing just fine. I know AL requires platinum for a lot of things, but on the other hand it isn't necessary. I'm not taking sides, I'm just sayin' that though AL is plat based, its entirely possible to play without paying.

Lady_Pebbles
05-08-2013, 08:28 PM

+1 I agree with this a trillion percent. The game is now becomin a bore.

I want the CASUAL aspect back. This is why I love DL. We don't have to spend a long time in game to get capped, get good gear, and farm once in a while for vans. Its a casual mmo at its finest. Yet on AL everything feels like a damn chore. Hella quests that aren't really organized, no direction on where to go next afyer finishing a set of quest lines. Then the % of drops without elixirs is appauling. This is just.. ridiculous already. So many issues thus far so I stopped playing as often.

Aracnus
05-08-2013, 08:48 PM

I want the CASUAL aspect back. This is why I love DL. We don't have to spend a long time in game to get capped, get good gear, and farm once in a while for vans. Its a casual mmo at its finest. Yet on AL everything feels like a damn chore. Hella quests that aren't really organized, no direction on where to go next afyer finishing a set of quest lines. Then the % of drops without elixirs is appauling. This is just.. ridiculous already. So many issues thus far so I stopped playing as often.

+1 Threnny! I totally agree with you.. All the having to buy plat for everything, was a reason i quit AL! I hated that i needed plat to get lixes, sure it's not much, but that's money outta my pocket i can use for other stuff! I'm more of a fan of DL and SL. DL is way easier to farm, and you don't need plat to do that, and same with SL..

AL is just too expensive as a whole, a wonderful game, no doubt.. but, money is key if you play it!

Kraze
05-08-2013, 08:57 PM
Eh I just run with some average players from guild we don't seem to have to big of an issue with elite maps. In fact outside of a few bugged insta kills it's fairly easy. But if everyone wants believe it's hard that's fine keeps the prices up on my elite chests. Couple hundred more and I may be able to buy some high end gear

Cero
05-08-2013, 09:05 PM
I dunno about others, but after the nordr update the game isn't worth playing.. I feel that EVERYTHING requires platinum.. Not everyone wastes real money on games.. Cuz of this pvp is only for the rich people who buy platinum.

imo pvp or pve has almost the same plat use.
but the usage depends on player.
there are many free stuff that can still own in pvp and pve.

Valsacar
05-08-2013, 10:30 PM
Outside of the "killed when 10 miles away from the red zone" bug the new maps aren't that hard at all. I think the problem is not enough people take the time to learn the mechanics. Sure, at first the bosses were hard, but then you learn their patterns and they become much easier (that thing called skill). Another part is gear, except for the BEST gear what most people think is better actually isn't. Take me for example, until I completed my set yesterday, I spent more time doing runs in high str, low int, gear. Why? More health and armor. Sure, my damage was lower than it could be, but overall I do more damage because I'm not dying every 10 seconds (minus the above mentioned bug). I would solo elite mount and caverns (I preferred mount, was trying to get the staff, which I did) if I couldn't find a decent group to play with at that time (without any elixers). That gear probably cost 50-100k total, and I still use it sometimes.

Plat isn't everything, but it makes things easier... that's the whole point.

That said, I'm going to go do one more run before I have to go back to work.

Limsi
05-08-2013, 11:12 PM
Outside of the "killed when 10 miles away from the red zone" bug the new maps aren't that hard at all. I think the problem is not enough people take the time to learn the mechanics. Sure, at first the bosses were hard, but then you learn their patterns and they become much easier (that thing called skill). Another part is gear, except for the BEST gear what most people think is better actually isn't. Take me for example, until I completed my set yesterday, I spent more time doing runs in high str, low int, gear. Why? More health and armor. Sure, my damage was lower than it could be, but overall I do more damage because I'm not dying every 10 seconds (minus the above mentioned bug). I would solo elite mount and caverns (I preferred mount, was trying to get the staff, which I did) if I couldn't find a decent group to play with at that time (without any elixers). That gear probably cost 50-100k total, and I still use it sometimes.

Plat isn't everything, but it makes things easier... that's the whole point.

That said, I'm going to go do one more run before I have to go back to work.

Yet we see Frostir being able to one shot anyone without any red warning when his hp is low, they really should fix this. Other than that, fighting a boss is relatively easy with a good party... oh wait, it's hard to find a good party nowadays and excruciating to finish a run with pugs with the current party system we have. They really should revamp the pt system :/

The-Sandman
05-09-2013, 12:39 AM
ive been on devs for a while about what they are doing and i just dont get it. yes i understand they have salaries and yes the gear is obatinable without plat. here is my problem they ignore all of their other games where people are drooling for updates and willing to spent plenty of money and now they are alinating the people that are plat uses in al. yea i know they are banking now off people that are spending 100's of dollars on chests but what they are doing is making casual players who play all of their games really upest. and casual players stay around for a long time and spent more money in the long run. in the end those people in al who are spending all the cash will move on to the next fad and by that point most people are not going to be there to support you sts. im not hating on sts i love you guys and what you do but as of now i think many of us feel that your business model is flawed and if you dont do something you will end up just like alot of other small software companies, and this is not what anyone wants.

Origin
05-09-2013, 12:56 AM
It's all about balance I think. Both sides have to feel it's win win. Both players and the corporation can feel like winners without sacrificing profit or player experience. Don't kill ur golden goose sts, players with spending power are watching to see how far each dollar will go.

At the moment the way u're trying to rake in most of ur plat spend is turning it into a gambling as opposed to a gaming experience - slippery slope there. Bit myopic. Most of us who r good with money know to avoid these kinds of things. U don't wanna shut ur customers out. Just saying.

Jcyee
05-09-2013, 12:58 AM
Most of the high high end gear (mythics and arcanes) are only possessed by a limited number of people throughout the game. Chances are you won't meet up with someone using mythic helm/armor and arcane hammer and a glacian pet.

The game is easily playable without using platinum. I myself have done it up to this point (only spending it on things that were within my reach like certain plat pets or vanities). You don't need the absolute best gear in the game to be successful.

Uzii
05-09-2013, 01:10 AM
They'll nerf the hard bosses eventually. Until then only leet players will have the new stuff. It's their pattern. I don't understand it. After they nerf it I will play more. It's my pattern, too.

Lol but so true. :D

I spent plat mostly on vanities. i opened 2 crates im guilty of that i admit. but i get a hold of myself and stoped :).
i buy the best gear i can with my gold, thers plenty of good ones in cs, u dont really need the best best one. what i dont understand is the price of the best best, and the usage of pots thats crazy.

Altic
05-09-2013, 01:41 AM
It is the same drop rate for mythic/ arcane loot from Elite golden war chest and Locked crate?

Oh God no.
Lets say the drop rate for mythic/arcane items from crates is 0.000001%. (It's probably a lot lower in actuality lol...)
So the drop rate in any non plat based chest is probably 0.0000(add four million 0's here)0000001. (This is also probably an extremely generous guess, lol...)

It's more likely that you would be struck by lightning 14 times, while winning the lottery in every state in the US simultaneously. Instead of getting anything of value, especially an arcane or mythic, from a chest that you don't have to "pay" real money to open.

Valsacar
05-09-2013, 04:28 AM
I doubt the drop rate is different, and I know it is possible as I know people that have looted mythics from chests. The reason you may think it is different is one of two reasons:

1. You're paranoid and think all they care about is money
2. Getting crates is easy, so people with money just open a ton of them, therefore most of them have come from crates

Now, if it is #1 you need to understand how the pay-for-perks model works. A game needs to hit critical mass for it to be profitable, the thing that makes it happen is NON-PAYING players. Get enough of them the game is something others, with money, will start playing. Once you hit the balance between enough overall players (majority of those being non-paying, or basically non-paying) and paying customers to keep your doors open, you'll start seeing profit. If a game fails to hit the number of players needed to really see growth, the game will fail. Running the game where people NEED to spend money to play, you'll never get enough players to make it something those with money want to play. STS appears to understand this, notice how elixirs do not work in PvP. If they did you would have reasons to complain. Everything plat does now is a convenience, a time vs money benefit. The only thing they have done, which I don't agree with, is making mythic pets plat only.

If it is #2, well then... it's just a perception issue.

Zanpakuto
05-09-2013, 05:02 AM

Couldn't agree with u more! All I do is log in, do some daily quests, level 7 pvp and chat, then log! I can't spend 45-1h on an elite map while waiting in a line up at coffee!

jonyeh
05-09-2013, 05:32 AM
At the end of the day, those people who do spend money on the game make it so that everyone can play for free. We sincerely appreciate the users that do support us. Rather than being jealous of those who do have Platinum, you should likely thank them for allowing us to operate the game where you can play for free.

This.

I'm one of several who just migrated here from another well-designed and seemingly successful game, Geomon, that recently shut down after going broke. While it was around, there were plenty of complaints over the high prices and impact of in-app purchases; now that it's gone, everyone wishes they would have charged more if it meant keeping the game alive.

What many people don't realize is that after designing a game, it takes a LOT of money to keep it running, with costs ranging from server upkeep to app store listing fees. The majority of smart phone games end up shutting down due to financial reasons; only a lucky few survive long-term.

Be grateful that there's a (very fairly balanced) premium currency system in place that allows you to play for free at the expense of platinum purchasers.

matanofx
05-09-2013, 06:10 AM
runs are hard, good parties are hard to find, elite mobs who freeze you suck and so on...

maybe if the sorc race was better support, and by better i mean less squishy, gun as good as the rouge bow, id say less heal agro but they fixed that yay.
maybe then runs would be more fun? just a thought from my sorc point of view, im sure other classes users are upset too.

Rare
05-09-2013, 07:21 AM
runs are hard, good parties are hard to find, elite mobs who freeze you suck and so on...

maybe if the sorc race was better support, and by better i mean less squishy, gun as good as the rouge bow, id say less heal agro but they fixed that yay.
maybe then runs would be more fun? just a thought from my sorc point of view, im sure other classes users are upset too.

You know... actually I ran some elite pugs yesterday in Nordr on my sorcerer. It was an average group and it took about 17 minutes to complete, but I was able to manage the mobs by stunning/freezing/knockdown/slow constantly. So it WAS a lot of fun for me. We had a Warrior, 2 rogues, and myself. I was constantly gale->fireball->timeshift->ice. Once those mobs are packed into a corner or against a wall. They are easy picking.

Walkhardd
05-09-2013, 07:49 AM
The time vs money argument Sam makes is valid. However, the very best players in any sts game are those with both time AND money.

braverock
05-09-2013, 07:49 AM
if they make platinum can be traded by players that be awesome for all, they will get more revenue, players happy, tons plat will always be used every time on these AL circles .... :boxing:

braverock
05-09-2013, 07:54 AM
indeedm, lim, why they not make players can be back to the map when accidentally DC or clicked out, etc... hhhh, i often only 2 ppl left till boss, even solo sometimes,,, took 1 hr moreless sometimes,,, geezzzzz, bad party elite system,,,i think im dead collectorrr now,,,

iluvataris
05-09-2013, 08:15 AM
Maybe not trading plat, cause some people will abuse it. Maybe a gold into plat option for the free players : )

Valsacar
05-09-2013, 08:38 AM
Unfortunately, they can't. You can thank Apple for that.

Zuzeq
05-09-2013, 08:46 AM
indeedm, lim, why they not make players can be back to the map when accidentally DC or clicked out, etc... hhhh, i often only 2 ppl left till boss, even solo sometimes,,, took 1 hr moreless sometimes,,, geezzzzz, bad party elite system,,,i think im dead collectorrr now,,,

Brave! don't feed the beast...lol. Even when ppl leave we still own every map we go to (;

Sibayjing
05-09-2013, 08:55 AM
Maybe not trading plat, cause some people will abuse it. Maybe a gold into plat option for the free players : )
yeah 15 plat or 15k gold for open locked crate will be fair :)

braverock
05-09-2013, 09:33 AM
Brave! don't feed the beast...lol. Even when ppl leave we still own every map we go to (;

beasttt,,,,,lol, need armor more than 1400 to not 1 hit dead,,,,, bugs?? :torn: :ambivalence:

kateku
05-09-2013, 11:05 AM
The problem with the game is the drop rate. The game should make it fair to players who farm all day all week to get good drops.

With enough time doesnt guarentee you to get good drops which is why a lot of players are leaving.

The drop rate/chance must be fair to players.

braverock
05-10-2013, 05:49 AM

no one cant abuse,,we can't buy plats from game with gold, coz they drops things and give gold for free, so their revenue will down if that happen,

so the option only between players can be traded. they (the AL game) can keep sell plats with real money,,,,we can buy plats from the players that have alot plats, with any agreement how much gold they can accept,,,, this will be better environment for all players free or not, coz sometimes player has plats but dont have any gold, or need fast gold,,,,,,

Enisceloz
05-10-2013, 12:41 PM
The problem with the game is the drop rate. The game should make it fair to players who farm all day all week to get good drops.

With enough time doesnt guarentee you to get good drops which is why a lot of players are leaving.

The drop rate/chance must be fair to players.

This is the true problem with the Nordr expansion. Unlike the prior seasons there's no map were you can do Elite runs that last anywhere from 2-6 minutes (depending on the skill of the group of course), for example Brackenridge Village (Jarl), Tower of Mardrom (Mardrom) or Southern Seas (Hammerhead). Instead we have now Elite maps that take anywhere from 8-12 minutes (even more, again depending on the skill of the group) to complete and the drop rates are still ridiculously low. This can get very discouraging for many players. To spend so much time doing a run and probably dying a lot (if not in good groups or properly geared) and getting absolutely nothing for their efforts at the end. It even gets discouraging for me who has the luxury of not only playing with plat but everytime I do runs I'm in very good groups (friends & guildmates). So imagine how the "casual" player who might not have those luxuries feels? I think drop rates for chests and crates should increase or the bosses difficulty (maybe HP) should be considerably lowered!

falmear
05-10-2013, 01:13 PM
When you have the drop rates so low you need to do the maps as fast as possible. Its like rolling dice, the more rolls you get the more chances you have to hitting a certain number. So I am reluctant to play with random people now and just sit around either inviting or waiting for invites. Its not worth the time or gold to play with random people if it takes 20 mins to complete a map. And without this juggernaught quest, I wouldn't have any elite golden warchests lately. But I have farmed so much, I have gotten silvers and coppers but no goldens. Its kind of sad and I am wondering why I am even bothering to put in the effort. I feel like there needs to be at least one map where you can join and be able to play quickly like under 5 mins. And longer maps should have some attraction that makes it more profitable to farm. The legendary weapons that currently drop are pretty much unachievable unless you use a loot reroller constantly. And even then you end up getting a pink that isn't one you want.

Enisceloz
05-10-2013, 01:34 PM
When you have the drop rates so low you need to do the maps as fast as possible. Its like rolling dice, the more rolls you get the more chances you have to hitting a certain number. So I am reluctant to play with random people now and just sit around either inviting or waiting for invites. Its not worth the time or gold to play with random people if it takes 20 mins to complete a map. And without this juggernaught quest, I wouldn't have any elite golden warchests lately. But I have farmed so much, I have gotten silvers and coppers but no goldens. Its kind of sad and I am wondering why I am even bothering to put in the effort. I feel like there needs to be at least one map where you can join and be able to play quickly like under 5 mins. And longer maps should have some attraction that makes it more profitable to farm. The legendary weapons that currently drop are pretty much unachievable unless you use a loot reroller constantly. And even then you end up getting a pink that isn't one you want.

The map you are looking for are the Elite Mines, unfortunately you have to pay 10 Plat lol. Pending what team you get you are able to beat most bosses in 5 minutes or less. This might increase the chance of getting you either a Gold Chest or a Pink Item (if you have a Luck Elixir) per runs! However again you must fork over Plat for the run and the Luck Elixir! So this totally favor plat users like me.

falmear
05-10-2013, 03:08 PM
The map you are looking for are the Elite Mines, unfortunately you have to pay 10 Plat lol. Pending what team you get you are able to beat most bosses in 5 minutes or less. This might increase the chance of getting you either a Gold Chest or a Pink Item (if you have a Luck Elixir) per runs! However again you must fork over Plat for the run and the Luck Elixir! So this totally favor plat users like me.

Plat mines are just paid cheating. I would rather pay a one time fee to get access to new maps, then pay a re-occurring cost to play the same thing over and over again. Which is nothing new just a time saver. Because if I do 80 free runs and I get nothing, I would have still done 16 free runs and spent 160 plat and still got nothing. I understand they have to pay bills.

Kuazzae
05-10-2013, 03:09 PM
Sorry to barge in this discussion... but you get:

- A game
- Online suport
- Online servers
- Most of the things are acessible trough gold or other options
- Mobility (iphone, android, pc)
- NO ADS

And all this is for FREE... but you still complain... LOL... i don't get it... and i had tis dicussion with a friend of mine... if there's no real money involved... how do you expect the game to survive? Platinum players are a necessity... and since they are expending their real money they expect advantages...

Anyway that's only my two cents on the matter,

Regards
Dany

wawawa64
05-10-2013, 07:29 PM

- A game
- Online suport
- Online servers
- NO ADS

And all this is for FREE... but you still complain... LOL... i don't get it... and i had tis dicussion with a friend of mine... if there's no real money involved... how do you expect the game to survive? Platinum players are a necessity... and since they are expending their real money they expect advantages...

Regards
Dany

I can't agree with you more. This game can be played for free if you choose to. The only real advantage of platinum players is they save time by paying for elite mines/locked chest.

All of the arcane/mythic items can be obtained from elite golden chest. There are only a few platinum exclusive pets and their stats aren't great enough to give unfair advantage to platinum players.

And seriously, if you like the game enough to care about drop rate and arcane/mythic items, maybe you should support STS by buying some platinum or doing some free platinum offers. I understand there might be people who can't buy platinum or some countries don't get the free platinum offers, but the rest of you should show them some support (if you really the game).

I think kids nowadays are just used to the idea of "free" content through pirate and torrents and they forget that nothing is really "free" in the real world.

FYI, I've only spent about $10 on platinum when I first played game to show my support, and did a few free platinum offers, and I've never open a locked chest, so I am not really a big platinum player.

Lady_Pebbles
05-10-2013, 11:00 PM
@Aracnus & Zanpakuto: Exactly. Its really frustrating. If the casual aspect of the game was back then it would be more enjoyable. Also, if the elixirs from Shazbot & Klaas actually lasted long enough during runs then it would also be more enjoyable. Too much time wasted looking for a PuG or guild run thats not only consistent but actually has full runs with a Tank that stays before & during the runs. Its really annoying for players like me who don't play the game that much due to many factors (life in general & the game becoming more of a chore than fun).

I actually want to keep playing but not sure what to do anymore. I put money into AL and all the other games like many others did too so it would be nice if I can enjoy it when I can't afford to spend moola.

Maybe they could allow the Nordr dungeon to be accessible for free once a day and let the freaken free elixirs last long enough.. then perhaps these unneccessary long maps wouldn't be such a drag to run. Especially when your main is a Mage & hence more squishie lol.

Greencrow
05-12-2013, 08:21 AM

+99!

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk HD

stackz
05-17-2013, 07:19 AM

- A game
- Online suport
- Online servers
- NO ADS

Regards
Dany

Im not complaining about anything plat based aside from nordr regular bosses basically requiring plat elix boosts or plat tesurrection at end just to beat and get credit for lol.

Im cool with crates and such causes u gotta pay employees but my god the casual non-elite random team has no chance at normal norde bosses. Plain and simple. Yeah sure half the thread commenters can solo them due to awesome gear but us majority free play casual players cant even get randoms to stay and fight boss...

I had a random team fight grimnr yesterday while waiting on transit to work and once he got to 40% and started spamming wide red and vacuum and swinging onhitters they all bailed and i raged. Even bloodhammer wasnt this bad nor was the other hard kraken bosses. U could actually get ppl to stay and finish ..if they didnt reset..oh god dont get me started on 10%the health party kill then rest and rage fest...even when u plat respawn...and then spawn in ice and auto die cause he comes and onehits u again...rage...rage...

I mainly.merch now and wait till next expansion so i can lvl up enough to beat this campaign and rage over next.

wawawa64
05-17-2013, 04:38 PM
Im not complaining about anything plat based aside from nordr regular bosses basically requiring plat elix boosts or plat tesurrection at end just to beat and get credit for lol.

Im cool with crates and such causes u gotta pay employees but my god the casual non-elite random team has no chance at normal norde bosses. Plain and simple. Yeah sure half the thread commenters can solo them due to awesome gear but us majority free play casual players cant even get randoms to stay and fight boss...

I had a random team fight grimnr yesterday while waiting on transit to work and once he got to 40% and started spamming wide red and vacuum and swinging onhitters they all bailed and i raged. Even bloodhammer wasnt this bad nor was the other hard kraken bosses. U could actually get ppl to stay and finish ..if they didnt reset..oh god dont get me started on 10%the health party kill then rest and rage fest...even when u plat respawn...and then spawn in ice and auto die cause he comes and onehits u again...rage...rage...

I mainly.merch now and wait till next expansion so i can lvl up enough to beat this campaign and rage over next.

I think it's getting better now that there is a daily quest to kill normal bosses. I was trying to level up my mage yesterday, there were plenty of pug group willing to stay and fight the boss on the normal map. I remember before the new daily quest when I was level up my rogue, I can hardly find anyone from PUG willing to stay for the bosses; I had to solo the maps with lvl 26 pink gears and spent thousands in pot.

Lady_Pebbles
05-17-2013, 05:58 PM
I think it's getting better now that there is a daily quest to kill normal bosses. I was trying to level up my mage yesterday, there were plenty of pug group willing to stay and fight the boss on the normal map. I remember before the new daily quest when I was level up my rogue, I can hardly find anyone from PUG willing to stay for the bosses; I had to solo the maps with lvl 26 pink gears and spent thousands in pot.
Its a tad better with a small set back. The new Nordr Quests from Bard in stronhold that make you go to an entirely new map; kill boss 10x & 200 enemies etc... some give 300exp as a reward when we finish. The problem is we don't get gold or exp while waiting for the boss to spawn each time and so we waste pots like crazy.