PDA

View Full Version : FFA or Organized PvP

outcastranger
05-08-2013, 05:19 PM
Lately I have seen a growing in the amount of rushers in pocket legends. Someone rushed me and then said I was fat. I'm guessing it was a kid but that doesn't make it okay. Should we just have FFA universal so that "rushers" don't catch someone by surprise? I'm trying to think of solutions. Please reply below with further suggestions or just comments :)

Worship
05-08-2013, 05:24 PM
Well there has always been discussion about the ways of PvP.
PvP is literally made for rushing, like how DL Pvp works. Team deathmatch is not supposed to have the "Go" fighting.
So unless they find a way to make a FFA without having to say "Go", then I agree.

ThePvpTwink
05-08-2013, 05:27 PM
There are those who believe that pvp is everyone for themself and that it's all FFA.
There are others who just care about their kdr and rush for kills.
Then there are those who like to play fair and 1v1 when both sides are ready.
Pvp has always been this way.

There should be a map for FFA and one for vs like an option of "ready for combat" that u have to accept before u can attack an opponent. This would completely cancel out rushing and conflict in pvp.

Spyce
05-08-2013, 05:30 PM
FFA is everyone's excuse to steal kills.

Matutd
05-08-2013, 05:42 PM
Honestly, rushing is much more fun. It isnt about kdr, or getting easy kills etc, it actually takes much more skill. Fair enough the first kill is easy, but then, I reckon, 75% of the time the whole team will turn on you. If you back out then, you're really just farming kills. However, if you stay and fight it takes a lot more skill. I havent played pocket legends in around 6 months until just recently and honestly, im genuinely disappointed with how much the quality of pvpers has got. As a level 73 with full angel because I gave everything away, I shouldn't even be getting near elite level 76s with pro gear. Yeah, there are some good players left, but in my opinion, when a level 76 cant beat me, it just proves that they need practice at fighting the real fair way.

D-:
05-08-2013, 06:20 PM
I love FFA. :)

Reunegade
05-08-2013, 06:25 PM
I love FFA. :)

I love beating you when we have those "I bes" fights :)

Jk, jk. It's fun fighting you.

Promagin
05-08-2013, 06:33 PM
FFA

Xbuddyjosh
05-08-2013, 07:58 PM
FFA

Gf.

Waug
05-08-2013, 08:01 PM
Everything

just the mentality of pvp-ers should be bit more mature. Nothing else.

Cheenivie
05-08-2013, 08:01 PM
FFA ive heard so much about sewers but have never gotten the chance to experience it would be nice to see what its like

Apostel
05-08-2013, 09:47 PM
FFA. FTW. forever.

Kixxler
05-08-2013, 10:29 PM
Both saying go and FFA have their pros and cons, so everybody should just be allowed to do whatever they want.

Randomguy
05-08-2013, 11:48 PM
ffa is fun

outcastranger
05-09-2013, 05:39 AM
Thanks for all the comments. So should FFA be universal?

Cheenivie
05-09-2013, 07:10 AM
Thanks for all the comments. So should FFA be universal?

it should but might not happen anytime soon

MightyMicah
05-09-2013, 07:51 AM
Oh, for crying out loud! How many times in the history of PL will we have this discussion?

It's a great suggestion bro. But it's never gonna happen. I'd wager that about 90% of formers will support you in this FFA thing. However, about 90% of gamers in game will not.

My suggestion is focus on pvp, not on FFA or 1v1. Play the game well, and do whatever it takes to be successful.

OverkillED
05-09-2013, 08:20 AM
Oh, for crying out loud! How many times in the history of PL will we have this discussion?

It's a great suggestion bro. But it's never gonna happen. I'd wager that about 90% of formers will support you in this FFA thing. However, about 90% of gamers in game will not.

My suggestion is focus on pvp, not on FFA or 1v1. Play the game well, and do whatever it takes to be successful.

I'd partially agree. If the devs would fix some things such as having higher defense and less offense when it comes to PvP (health pools, etc.), then "rushing" wouldn't be a problem because you wouldn't die in a second and still have a fighting chance when attacked when not ready. For now, Micah is right, but if devs would fix PvP, then I'd support FFA because it wouldn't be a problem anymore.

MightyMicah
05-09-2013, 11:47 AM
I'd partially agree. If the devs would fix some things such as having higher defense and less offense when it comes to PvP (health pools, etc.), then "rushing" wouldn't be a problem because you wouldn't die in a second and still have a fighting chance when attacked when not ready. For now, Micah is right, but if devs would fix PvP, then I'd support FFA because it wouldn't be a problem anymore.

Oh yeah, for sure! Like I said, do whatever it takes to be successful. Aside from a few exceptions, that's pretty much all pvp is.

Roberto077
05-09-2013, 11:59 AM
FFA is the only way to play Pocket Legends. Go matches are more like Pocket Villains (Please don't make that a new series... ever)

Nihiliste
05-09-2013, 05:18 PM
This is still a topic? Lol, get over it and just play.

Sryyoulose
05-09-2013, 05:49 PM
If there's not always FFA, mages wouldn't be op :(

outcastranger
05-09-2013, 06:12 PM
Well maybe this post will get the developers attentions and get them to make it all FFA. I certainly hope so. It would be so less immature. So many people are immature in PvP and say stupid things. I hope FFA does become universal!

MightyMicah
05-09-2013, 08:22 PM
If there's not always FFA, mages wouldn't be op :(

Mages op in FFA? Now that IS new. O.o

joshtheboss
05-09-2013, 08:41 PM
Well maybe this post will get the developers attentions and get them to make it all FFA. I certainly hope so. It would be so less immature. So many people are immature in PvP and say stupid things. I hope FFA does become universal!

It's not up to the devs whether or not FFA happens, that I'd something the players decide.

Swords
05-09-2013, 08:45 PM
FFA for people who doesn't like to wait to say "go" while people are chatting like its a towne In a PvP arena

Mennddoza
05-09-2013, 10:35 PM
Devs can just make lobbies where the player can ONLY speak to their teammates. VERY practical idea.

joshtheboss
05-10-2013, 07:23 AM
Devs can just make lobbies where the player can ONLY speak to their teammates. VERY practical idea.

People might just use emotes then but I actually do find it odd hour your chat isn't only directed at your team by default in the PvP arenas.

MightyMicah
05-10-2013, 08:52 AM
The funny thing about threads like this is that 99% of the people commenting have no idea what genuine 1v1 or genuine FFA really is.

Zeus
05-10-2013, 10:27 AM
The funny thing about threads like this is that 99% of the people commenting have no idea what genuine 1v1 or genuine FFA really is.

I cannot stand 1v1 on my bird for a few reasons:

1. I hate typing go every single time I want to fight someone.
2. A "go" based match takes out pretty much all of the bird's advantages. A bird is meant to be quick, fast, and rapid damage. If an enemy is well prepared every time you face off, a bird's main factor - speed, cannot be utilized effectively.
3. There's just something about 3v1 that I really like, especially when I beat all 3 vs. 1 bird, LOL!

dudetus
05-10-2013, 11:32 AM
Pew pew blast shot i win yay

Waug
05-10-2013, 12:51 PM

Most of the peoples did not even tried to explain what is "ffa" or 1vs1, and you read their mind, came to the conclsion 1% understand it, good job, did u understand, what u said?

Mennddoza
05-10-2013, 01:16 PM

Most of the peoples did not even tried to explain what is "ffa" or 1vs1, and you read their mind, came to the conclsion 1% understand it, good job, did u understand, what u said?

Jeez don't have to start arguing lol.

MightyMicah
05-10-2013, 03:28 PM

I'm not entirely certain I know what you're talking about, but it sounds like you believe FFA and 1v1 is whatever people make it to be. That isn't true. There is a standard. Let me give you an example of what they are not:

Three people teaming one noob is NOT FFA.
A charmin' Mage challenging a rift bird is NOT 1v1.

Swaggy
05-10-2013, 04:03 PM
FFA is the most exciting form of pvp in my opinion. Some play it the right way, and some don't.
For example, 10-40: it seems to me that people will FFA/rush and then leave just because they don't have buffs which makes most of us VERY frustrated. Devs should develop a system where a player cannot leave the game until 10 or like some sort of cool down. Perhaps, making it like a 1 minute wait after being attacked once, before being able to leave. And it seems like the real, entertaining FFA, comes at 51+ where people don't leave and actually play the whole game. Anyways, hopefully they can come up with more solutions to this so satisfy us who truelly enjoy FFA.

Caiahar
05-10-2013, 07:01 PM
FFA is the most exciting form of pvp in my opinion. Some play it the right way, and some don't.
For example, 10-40: it seems to me that people will FFA/rush and then leave just because they don't have buffs which makes most of us VERY frustrated. Devs should develop a system where a player cannot leave the game until 10 or like some sort of cool down. Perhaps, making it like a 1 minute wait after being attacked once, before being able to leave. And it seems like the real, entertaining FFA, comes at 51+ where people don't leave and actually play the whole game. Anyways, hopefully they can come up with more solutions to this so satisfy us who truelly enjoy FFA.
^^ this

Nihiliste
05-10-2013, 07:30 PM
I vote Archologist for most hostile.

Swimmingstar
05-10-2013, 08:20 PM
How you PvP is your own decision. Don't let other people make your decision for you. Everyone has their own opinion and like Thepvptwink said, there will always be people who FFA, people who "rush", and people who 1v1. There is no rule that you must PvP with 1v1 or in any way. It is your choice how you PvP and play the game. (unless you hack)

Swimmingstar
05-10-2013, 08:22 PM

Yep, especially with my new messed up phone, can't type at all.

Caiahar
05-10-2013, 08:38 PM

Yep, especially with my new messed up phone, can't type at all.
Um, put it in quick chat? Just the two letters go.

Phoenixking
05-10-2013, 08:47 PM
I think FFA is better, what's the point of a "fair" fight? Just to show off your skills and boost your ego? Pvp is meant to be fun with people working as a team to beat the other team. I don't think 3v1 or 2v1 through the whole game is fair, and this only happens in go areas if we didn't have go matches there would be no such thing as rushing which ruins the "victim"'s gameplay, in FFA no one rarely complains and barely conflict just a polite good game. I noticed there's various rushers one group is the arrogant bark but no bite vulgar rushers who rage and humliate. The second group is an ok group where they're usually quiet and seem like they enjoy being teamed just for a challenge. The third group is a group who just does it to boost K/D and just do hits and runs. Some just want the FFA back, I don't think all rushers are a bad thing though they easily start a good ffa

The Godlyness
05-10-2013, 11:35 PM
I think FFA is better, what's the point of a "fair" fight? Just to show off your skills and boost your ego? Pvp is meant to be fun with people working as a team to beat the other team. I don't think 3v1 or 2v1 through the whole game is fair, and this only happens in go areas if we didn't have go matches there would be no such thing as rushing which ruins the "victim"'s gameplay, in FFA no one rarely complains and barely conflict just a polite good game. I noticed there's various rushers one group is the arrogant bark but no bite vulgar rushers who rage and humliate. The second group is an ok group where they're usually quiet and seem like they enjoy being teamed just for a challenge. The third group is a group who just does it to boost K/D and just do hits and runs. Some just want the FFA back, I don't think all rushers are a bad thing though they easily start a good ffa

If I'm not mistaken, the term rusher in PL can be accurately defined as this: A player who enters a PvP zone and immediately begins attacking other players without so much a word or warning.

In my experience, most of the rushers are also very immature. Thus, they tend to degrade their opponent verbally and by playing cheap. As a result, players have grown to loathe rushers. How do I know this? I just rush on my bird in PvP, try not to say anything, and after the game, I either congratulate them for winning or say GG. This is a practice I've started only recently, but because of polite sportsmanship, they do not hate me nearly as much as other rushers.

Now, I realize that this can go both ways, so why not take a balanced standpoint and say both parties are at fault? The people who enjoy 1v1 & the people who enjoy FFA. Now, if the only chat allowed in PvP pre-set chat designed for PvP (this would be implemented in the quick chat function), this would take away a lot of the issues.

Also, the PM through friends list function should still be available. Notice, I did not include the "/r" or "/t (name) message" command, as that would allow you to communicate with the other team. This way, you can still communicate with your friends that are not PvPing.

Frioadr
05-12-2013, 08:19 PM
Why don't we take this to the next level how about someone make a poll and we would truly see what the community as a whole wants!!!

Phoenixking
05-12-2013, 11:01 PM
If I'm not mistaken, the term rusher in PL can be accurately defined as this: A player who enters a PvP zone and immediately begins attacking other players without so much a word or warning.

In my experience, most of the rushers are also very immature. Thus, they tend to degrade their opponent verbally and by playing cheap. As a result, players have grown to loathe rushers. How do I know this? I just rush on my bird in PvP, try not to say anything, and after the game, I either congratulate them for winning or say GG. This is a practice I've started only recently, but because of polite sportsmanship, they do not hate me nearly as much as other rushers.

Now, I realize that this can go both ways, so why not take a balanced standpoint and say both parties are at fault? The people who enjoy 1v1 & the people who enjoy FFA. Now, if the only chat allowed in PvP pre-set chat designed for PvP (this would be implemented in the quick chat function), this would take away a lot of the issues.

Also, the PM through friends list function should still be available. Notice, I did not include the "/r" or "/t (name) message" command, as that would allow you to communicate with the other team. This way, you can still communicate with your friends that are not PvPing.
Restricted chat would help in a lot of ways, except for people who decide to make a lock game and 1v1 in it they won't be able to give each other pointers if they are training as well so I don't think that idea is a really good one

Ubernewber
05-13-2013, 08:12 PM
Someone rushed me and then said I was fat.

Lollllllllllll bes comment evah

Ubernewber
05-13-2013, 08:13 PM
I prefer ffa btw