PDA

View Full Version : screen rotation.

cookiez
05-08-2013, 08:21 PM
Hate being in pvp and have someone sneak up behind me with skills charged ready to attack.

If you guys haven't played with screen rotation and don't know how nice it it, play 10 mins of pl.

If this were to happen al would be 10x better.

Rare
05-08-2013, 08:39 PM
Search screen rotation :D

cookiez
05-08-2013, 09:42 PM
I mean like not flipping my device 180 degrees. Like turning the in game screen around...

Slashdatgash
05-09-2013, 12:04 AM
+1 much needed

Uzii
05-09-2013, 01:08 AM
Search screen rotation :D

He meant it was already here many times

u can find ur answers here:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?86321-Camera-Rotation-Why-don-t-we-have-it/page2&highlight=screen+rotation

Slashdatgash
05-09-2013, 01:54 AM
He meant it was already here many times

u can find ur answers here:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?86321-Camera-Rotation-Why-don-t-we-have-it/page2&highlight=screen+rotation

They mention in there FPS troubles.
Could always make it so you can decrease graphics a bit more than we can already.

Altic
05-09-2013, 02:04 AM
You do realize in order to have screen rotation in AL, they would have to entirely rebuild the game from the ground up.

Not only that but say good bye to any kind of decent frame rate you get. And in my opinion i think they could actually reduce the amount of map you see or the quality of maps (at least add a setting to reduce the graphic quality...).
Because i already have awful frame rates, even when my phone is WELL above the recommended requirements to run the game.

Slashdatgash
05-09-2013, 02:20 AM
You do realize in order to have screen rotation in AL, they would have to entirely rebuild the game from the ground up.

Not only that but say good bye to any kind of decent frame rate you get. And in my opinion i think they could actually reduce the amount of map you see or the quality of maps (at least add a setting to reduce the graphic quality...).
Because i already have awful frame rates, even when my phone is WELL above the recommended requirements to run the game.

Well yeah, they say screen rotation will cause FPS problems but I already experience bad enough FPS that I have to play on the google chrome app rofl. Like, it's tolerable on my phone but it's laggy nonetheless.

Rare
05-09-2013, 06:48 AM
Well yeah, they say screen rotation will cause FPS problems but I already experience bad enough FPS that I have to play on the google chrome app rofl. Like, it's tolerable on my phone but it's laggy nonetheless.

Frame rate is not the real issue here. Game objects have not been designed for rotational camera. Imagine turning your camera and see a building that was behind you disappear. Or bid empty spots where a castle should be

Ebezaanec
05-09-2013, 09:32 AM
The graphics will need to be toned down to compensate the extra freedom of view. So its either cartoony pixels or full vision.

Altic
05-10-2013, 03:20 AM
The graphics will need to be toned down to compensate the extra freedom of view. So its either cartoony pixels or full vision.

They need to be toned down period, or at least an option needs to be implemented where we can select; Low, Medium, or High Quality Graphics..

That's something that should have been in the alpha version...