PDA

View Full Version : elite alpha wolf reflect

shdeath
05-09-2013, 01:13 AM
i will start by mentioning i done the normal alpha wolf multiple times with no problems, simple it start reflect i stop casting spells and continue, but the elite version when it starts reflect i die, same internet connection (mostly no lag), i tried removing pet and being far as much as possible when it start reflect but i still die. tried it three times and it's still the same thing. any ideas?

falmear
05-09-2013, 01:50 AM
Don't use any skills which have damage over time. For example, fireball has Ignite which does burning damage for 5 seconds. So if you cast a fireball and the damage over time is reflected back at you and you are dead. This is usually why you die even though you aren't attacking when the shield is up.

shdeath
05-09-2013, 04:48 AM
Don't use any skills which have damage over time. For example, fireball has Ignite which does burning damage for 5 seconds. So if you cast a fireball and the damage over time is reflected back at you and you are dead. This is usually why you die even though you aren't attacking when the shield is up.

thanks, the timing of the damage iam receiving will fit the DOT from fireball, i will test soon to confirm. but why this doesn't happen in normal and reflecting DOT damage is a first from my experience ,could it be a bug?

iacito
05-09-2013, 08:08 AM
The DOT dmg reflects 50x stronger, that's why you instantly die.

Valsacar
05-09-2013, 10:09 AM
You can use them, you just need to know the timing. I run with fire/ice/lightning/time, so here's how the timing works. Every step assumes you are spamming normal attack while waiting for cooldown

First reflect:

Charge time (yes, I said CHARGE)

Reflect drops:

QUICKLY, drop time, hit lightning, ice, fire.

Hit lightning (ONLY) as soon as it's ready

Hit lighting (ONLY) as soon as it's ready. If you have slag or colton hit their power now.

Assuming no clyde/colton, time will drop a second before he shields and all DoT will have ended. Charge time.

Repeat.

If you have clyde/slag and it hits. Spam ice and fire right away.

Charge time, drop the second it's ready. Spam all three.

Repeat spam of fire/ice/lightning one more time.

Lightning can hit one more time, DO NOT USE ICE/FIRE/TIME. If you're lucky you can get a 2nd lightning in.

Charge time while he shields, repeat as normal.

Using this method I have solo'd him more times than I can count. My current record (with max gear now, but I've done long before I had the best gear) is 13 min 26 seconds for a whole elite mount run (with "crap" gear, 100-200k worth, it takes about 25min). It'll take a little practice, but it works. If you miss count or hit something late, don't do anything. Just keep using lightning and normal until the next shield round (one screw up and you'll be dead).

Valsacar
05-09-2013, 10:11 AM
Oh, I left out one other important part. When his health gets below the word wolf, only use lightning and normal attack or you'll die. Adjust slightly if you have a group doing massive damage and his health drops too quickly.

Otawaazavie
05-09-2013, 10:33 AM
Another option is to start with charged fire then lightning, ice and time (only fire charged). Continue with time, light then just light and hit with auto while skills cool down. That way only fire and ice do dot since uncharged time doesn't dot and their effects wear off before wolf shields. Sometimes I use a stun pet like George or kelvin just before he's about to shield up. (The time space between two sheilds is about 10 sec). If another one from your party uses stun pet too and uses it's arcane ability after he's unstunned there's a great chance he won't use shield at all :p. I've managed to get him to shield just once

Valsacar
05-09-2013, 06:49 PM
Except for slag/clyde, bosses can't be stunned, which is why I charge time. I use lightning right away as that is my timer, it's a 3sec cool down so works well (just count to 3).

jb57542
05-09-2013, 06:52 PM
Another option is to start with charged fire then lightning, ice and time (only fire charged). Continue with time, light then just light and hit with auto while skills cool down. That way only fire and ice do dot since uncharged time doesn't dot and their effects wear off before wolf shields. Sometimes I use a stun pet like George or kelvin just before he's about to shield up. (The time space between two sheilds is about 10 sec). If another one from your party uses stun pet too and uses it's arcane ability after he's unstunned there's a great chance he won't use shield at all :p. I've managed to get him to shield just once

U gotta be careful with this. If you have exploding clock upgrade it could hit during shield since u didn't lead off with time. I agree with Valsacar about best and safest strategy.

Otawaazavie
05-09-2013, 11:08 PM
That's true about exploding clock. I don't have this upgrade so it's safe for me to use
it. Valsacar it's not true that only Slag and Clyde can stun. George stuns too always and for longer duration.

Effervesce
06-05-2013, 10:07 PM
Except for slag/clyde, bosses can't be stunned, which is why I charge time. I use lightning right away as that is my timer, it's a 3sec cool down so works well (just count to 3).

Kelvin has a good long stun with interrupt on bosses. My low level Kelvin blocks boss speccial attacks (completely prevents Alpha from reflecting if i time it right) better than my lvl 31 Slag and Clyde