PDA

View Full Version : Mailbox

Slashdatgash
05-09-2013, 02:04 AM
Was reading a thread that suggested a few things about Mailboxes, was a pretty bad suggestion though since Mailboxes aren't that helpful at the moment.

I think, along with mailboxes being quest-givers and receivers, they should also be used for sending items to people or messages. I'm not sure if this has been suggested yet, but a mailbox where you can't mail anyone, anything is a bit mis-leading.

Nikkiii
05-09-2013, 02:06 AM
About the messages, i agree with it. Its a useful thing to send a Message to people who is offline.

DocDoBig
05-09-2013, 05:42 AM
That's a great suggestion!
An alternative would be a message board.

Hnakkur
07-23-2013, 10:42 AM
i rly rly like to bring the topic back.
suggestion:
Mail System
"normal letters" for a little ammount of gold for player wich where offline or u dont want to disturb by whispering for like 50 gold or more perhaps.
"parcel" with items for at least a bigger ammount there are 2 ways. a ammount of like 1k gold or even more.
also u can think about a free set amount for sending items with price.

FluffNStuff
07-23-2013, 10:47 AM
Hmm, these letters, they need a price, I think that is what is missing from the suggestion. ~Should~ be gold, but if implemented, could be plat. Would players pay 1 plat to send a message? How much gold would you be willing to pay? The reason there NEEDS to be a price is because if there wasn't, mailboxes would be SPAM CITY!

MfKaz
07-23-2013, 11:46 AM
Excellent suggestion! XD.

Energizeric
07-23-2013, 02:42 PM
Instead of separate mailboxes, they should just allow you to send a PM to someone who is offline. When you message them you receive a system message that tells you "The player you have messaged is offline. Your message will be delivered when they sign on." Then when you sign on you receive any messages that were sent to you while you were offline.

keikali
07-23-2013, 03:02 PM
Instead of separate mailboxes, they should just allow you to send a PM to someone who is offline. When you message them you receive a system message that tells you "The player you have messaged is offline. Your message will be delivered when they sign on." Then when you sign on you receive any messages that were sent to you while you were offline.

This is such a great idea.

I can't tell you how many times I want to message someone but if they're not on you get the generic "No such player: [Name]".

A good start is definitely limiting to MESSAGES only and then you can try for items/gold to be attached.

Hnakkur
07-24-2013, 02:25 AM
so all in all the mailing system or offline pm suggestion would be a nice feature and i would love it when someone from supporting team will look at this thread and perhaps answers too :)

MfKaz
07-24-2013, 04:52 PM
so all in all the mailing system or offline pm suggestion would be a nice feature and i would love it when someone from supporting team will look at this thread and perhaps answers too :)

I'm sure Delphina & Samhayne might take a look at this. They visit this forum a lot :)

Alrisaia
07-24-2013, 06:17 PM
At least a bulletin board in the guild Hall where you could give a message to your guild. Communicating with all is sometimes a daunting task. I can't imagine what that's like in a gigantic guild.

Hnakkur
07-25-2013, 07:31 AM
yea i agree so we have at least 2 "real suggestions"
1. bulletin board in guild hall
2 "mailsystem" or "offline msg" wich we rly would love to have included ( i prefeer the mailsystem ;))

Alrisaia
07-26-2013, 05:36 PM
I'm guessing the bulletin board in the guildhall would be the easiest to implement. Game could require or limit postings to gm only or gm and officers otherwise the server overhead may be too high...

Hnakkur
07-29-2013, 07:46 AM
agree.

Alrisaia
08-27-2013, 11:17 AM
bump it up again please

Derezzzed
08-27-2013, 02:06 PM
+1 *bump*

Hnakkur
08-28-2013, 02:35 AM
if i could make it more +1k *bump*