View Full Version : Just a Suggestion - Add reflect to sorcerer shields ^_^

Linkincena
05-09-2013, 02:36 AM
What do u say guys? :)

Natrich
05-09-2013, 02:44 AM
Lol, what a troll topic.

But I'll respond anyways:

Keep cooldown the way it is, shorten shield duration to 4 seconds. Shield reflects only 33% damage. And quadruple the mana cost of the skill.

Even with those nerfs to what I think youre suggesting(100% reflect), it would still be mad OP

afrobug
05-09-2013, 08:51 AM
Lmao current shield seems already OP for mages with mythic gears what more if it reflects damage....way OP.

afrobug
05-09-2013, 08:52 AM
On second thought I would agree if this skill only works for pve and not pvp..would be helpful in elite farming :-)

xcainnblecterx
05-09-2013, 09:31 AM
To op nurf please

Erdnase
05-09-2013, 12:07 PM
To op nurf please
Are u suggesting to nerf mages' shield? If it was anything less then it is there would be no chance at all against war. 1 shot by rouges. We r already the weakest so we would be the first killed in a group (especially because rogues just hide and think we should tank when theres no wars around). It gives us a fighting chance, and if used properly makes us quite deadly. Its definitely the mage's best friend, but its far from op.

Now on the topic of reflect, this would be awesome lol. But yes, this would be op in pvp. The only way i could see this happen, would be if they add another optional upgrade to skills. And it would only be like a chance (or on crit) to reflect a certain amount of dmg. I highly doubt this would even happen tho. Either way, i would still die just to see a rogue 1 shoot itself haha. :chuncky:

Linkincena
05-10-2013, 12:13 AM
Yeah ... one upgrade under shield can be modified .... since the skill is already in use by nordr bosses (Alpha wolf, and i suspect the other bosses store the damage and release in red area after absorbing damage from us , similar to delayed reflect ,i.e. how they do 5000+ dmg i suppose) in game ...
Since sorcerer is damage and magic class.... This magic should be given to us sorcerers ^_^....

What do u say?

SkyDagger
05-10-2013, 05:10 AM
Ahm another thread made by you here same description http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?97038-Activate-reflect-for-sorcerer-arcane-shields-_
Should stick in one thread if they're same topic :)

On Topic: Like i said . Good in PVE bad in PVP . this is good to be added for PVE only

Linkincena
05-10-2013, 06:34 AM
Oh yes.. started same topic there too ..didn't knew which would be the right place to post lol...
Agree Skydagger ..good in PVE... can be done as STS has deactivated ice freeze in pvp and its active in PVE.. ^_^

Linkincena
06-15-2013, 06:30 AM
I still suggest there should be a 2 second 100% reflect either in shield of sorcerer or in curse..
2 sec invulnerability is not much for any advantage now to sorcerer. . Cos damages have gone way high in all classes and new bosses for 1 hitting sorcerers.
Cannot sustain to fight with 2 sec invulnerability any more. ..
Is it a good suggestion ?...

SkyDagger
06-15-2013, 06:37 AM
I still suggest there should be a 2 second 100% reflect either in shield of sorcerer or in curse..
2 sec invulnerability is not much for any advantage now to sorcerer. . Cos damages have gone way high in all classes and new bosses for 1 hitting sorcerers.
Cannot sustain to fight with 2 sec invulnerability any more. ..
Is it a good suggestion ?...

Shield up!! Beng too beefy "Ill gonna shoot you with Aim + Nox until that shield worn off" few seconds later "O.O i aim and nox my self + that lightning with crit potentially increase dmg" = died immediately.. To be honest thats my opinion :/ same thing good in pve bad in pvp ^_^

Linkincena
06-15-2013, 06:51 AM
That shield stops 45% dmg only... and can absorb approximately 1700 damage points. .. average health of sorcerer is 1900 to 2300...
Rogue aimed shot > 2500 to 2800 damage or even insane 3500 + for mythics
so 55% dmg which is not absorbed = 1300 to 1700 ...90%+ health gone....+ shield too gone (if not then 2nd normal hit takes away)
Hence 2 sec reflect should be implemented. .. making the opponents think 1000 times before hitting us mages....

Lipky
06-15-2013, 07:20 AM
That shield stops 45% dmg only... and can absorb approximately 1700 damage points. .. average health of sorcerer is 1900 to 2300...
Rogue aimed shot > 2500 to 2800 damage or even insane 3500 + for mythics
so 55% dmg which is not absorbed = 1300 to 1700 ...90%+ health gone....+ shield too gone (if not then 2nd normal hit takes away)
Hence 2 sec reflect should be implemented. .. making the opponents think 1000 times before hitting us mages....

Omg complicated can't even understand .

Linkincena
06-15-2013, 01:19 PM
Omg complicated can't even understand .
Its simple...
U die lols. ..

Serainee
06-15-2013, 04:54 PM
No way, Adding Reflection is too OP. Geez, Normal Shields are tough, and then you will add reflection? No way.

Energizeric
06-15-2013, 06:03 PM
This idea is totally not necessary and would be too OP. The way sorcerer shield is, half the time I can have the shield up and half the time it's down (waiting for cooldown). I think that's pretty fair. Without shield sorcerers are dead very quick -- a rogue can kills me with one hit, and a warrior with 2-3 hits. With shield we have an advantage. So half the time we are at a big disadvantage, and half the time we have an advantage. If you are fighting a sorcerer and want to use this to your advantage, instead of diving right into them when their shield is up, try staying away until the shield runs out.

vholt
06-16-2013, 12:25 AM
If reflect is too o.p. Here is an idea i got from a game...

Since mages are full int they have crazy amounts of mana. Warriors have crazy amount of health because they are full str. So, how about make the shield redirect the damage to the casters mana?. So if someone does 300 damage to the shield the caster of the shield would lose 300 mana instead of 300 hp. I dont know how effective this will be in Arcane Legends, but i just wanted to share ideas.

Ebezaanec
06-16-2013, 01:25 AM
If reflect is too o.p. Here is an idea i got from a game...

Since mages are full int they have crazy amounts of mana. Warriors have crazy amount of health because they are full str. So, how about make the shield redirect the damage to the casters mana?. So if someone does 300 damage to the shield the caster of the shield would lose 300 mana instead of 300 hp. I dont know how effective this will be in Arcane Legends, but i just wanted to share ideas.

In a way, that is just creating the middle man. The sorcerer got rid of the enemy's mana and now they have to still focus on actually fighting. Plus i guess if this was implemented, we would see lots of mana regen pets

Tryndamare
06-16-2013, 05:55 AM
If u guys thinking to add reflective shield, then we warrior should also get the increase in Duration of our heal shield by 1 or 2 secs

Lipky
06-16-2013, 06:05 AM
The reflection make sorc even more better damage and also reflect our attack in PvP?so we can't do anything = we want to run?

Linkincena
06-16-2013, 10:00 PM
Reflect can be done away with in pvp or atleast can be kept medium level like 50% reflect for 5 secs of shield...
100% reflect for pve for 5 secs.... would be great help against one hitting bosses to team....
Push feature of shield can be replaced here with this...
It can be disabled for pvp in similarity to root effect of time shift clock which gets disabled in pvp ...