PDA

View Full Version : People in game asking for stff

Dormirson
05-09-2013, 08:51 AM
Ok, I've been playing for a while and many people have asked to by my helm. However, the other day not 1 or 2 but 3 people asked if I would give them my mystic helm....really. One of the reasons I have been playing less, other than the elite nord is ridiculously difficult and bosses so bugged, is people messaging me asking for items, money or the gear I'm wearing...I mean really? I'm going to say..."yes, please take all my gear, I'll play nekkid"...sorry for the rant...just super annoyed with game right now.

cookiez
05-09-2013, 08:58 AM
There's a mute button for a reason - to mute beggars! Take it off when your not using it or maybe wear a vanity helm...

xcainnblecterx
05-09-2013, 09:29 AM
Mute is your bes friend

Samhayne
05-09-2013, 10:14 AM
Unfortunately, people are people, no matter where you go. I find it is best not to respond to beggers and just put them on your ignore list and keep having fun with the game.

Valsacar
05-09-2013, 10:19 AM
Unfortunately, people are people, no matter where you go. I find it is best not to respond to beggers and just put them on your ignore list and keep having fun with the game.

This would be why my ignore list is probably three times my friends list... Asking for money/gear means instant ignore, along with random party and friend invites... btw, could you PLEASE make /ignore a valid command.

Edit: And also some way to use friend requests/tells/etc to ignore, that'd be great.

Alhuntrazeck
05-09-2013, 10:31 AM
Well I usually ignore em or if I'm bored I troll em. Don't let it get to you.

Teoijio
05-09-2013, 10:59 AM
I use the equipment config settings to quickly switch from my gear to my vanity gear. That way I can easily control how other players perceive me. Vanity when I just want to play, and then config 2 when I want to show off my gears.

However, the difference between you and me is that when I show off my gears, people feel sorry for me and are inclined to perform random acts of charity...

Samhayne
05-09-2013, 11:24 AM
I use the equipment config settings to quickly switch from my gear to my vanity gear. That way I can easily control how other players perceive me. Vanity when I just want to play, and then config 2 when I want to show off my gears.

However, the difference between you and me is that when I show off my gears, people feel sorry for me and are inclined to perform random acts of charity...

A good tactic, Teoijio!

:) Good luck on acquiring some gear that perhaps will elicit a different reaction.

Roberto077
05-09-2013, 11:52 AM

I've gotten to the point where so many players know me to the point of where they think I'm extremely rich. No pity for this guy!

Teoijio
05-09-2013, 12:08 PM
A good tactic, Teoijio!

:) Good luck on acquiring some gear that perhaps will elicit a different reaction.

Hehe. Thanks, I will definitely try!

Pandamoni
05-09-2013, 12:14 PM
While I was used to the begging in PL, I was surprised to join a run yesterday and have someone pm me, asking me for money. I was going to give his guild master a head's up but I forgot his ign. How embarrassing! I'd rather punch myself in the face than beg in game.

Cashews
05-09-2013, 12:28 PM
I like to wear my rogue green winter vanity and people are constantly begging me for it. They don't understand the concept of "untradeable" even after I tell them multiple times.

Asahetek
05-09-2013, 01:18 PM
Lol really, beggars are irritating and usually ignore them or mute them since there's not much else you can do.

Lalarie
05-09-2013, 02:20 PM
I usually ignore them or say, What a coincidence! I need x gold too!

Spects
05-09-2013, 04:06 PM
I give beggars all my white, green and blue items, saves me from multiple confirmation clicks when recycling my stuff.

xcainnblecterx
05-09-2013, 04:28 PM
I give beggars all my white, green and blue items, saves me from multiple confirmation clicks when recycling my stuff.

What are blue items? I keep hearing it but I'll I know are greens, whites, pink, purple, orange, and red

joshtheboss
05-09-2013, 04:43 PM
What are blue items? I keep hearing it but I'll I know are greens, whites, pink, purple, orange, and red

Some people call purple items blue.

Spects
05-09-2013, 05:17 PM
My bad, purple items ofc.

xcainnblecterx
05-09-2013, 06:12 PM
My bad, purple items ofc.

Nah I can see how you mistake it lol. I knew purple from other sts games and vanity blue. Purp on here looks more blue tho

joshtheboss
05-09-2013, 06:17 PM
Nah I can see how you mistake it lol. I knew purple from other sts games and vanity blue. Purp on here looks more blue tho

Ya it also depends on your screen.

marshmallow
05-09-2013, 09:28 PM
You must have one of the biggest problems in AL since you're suffering from irritations due to people asking for your awesome stuffs you wear. I feel sorry for you.
Just IGNORE them.

Darko
05-10-2013, 12:00 PM
Ive noticed this too, crap gear ubget random gidts, if I ahow off arcane hammer I get milkions of pms asking for money

Asahetek
05-10-2013, 04:55 PM
Lol someone asked to buy my banner for reaching 31

Jed
05-10-2013, 06:28 PM
Whenever I sit in town I have at least one person compliment/ask about my christmas tree vanity.
"cool armor" "can i have your armor" "where did you get that armor" "omg lol ur so cute"
People bother me more about that than money. Maybe it helps that I don't cap quickly.

gundamsone
05-10-2013, 06:42 PM
i'm a big victim to this >.>

it's so hard to be mean to these nice people b/c half of them really don't mean to bug you