PDA

View Full Version : L61 Avian PvP: A Kiter's Dream

Zeus
05-09-2013, 02:25 PM
Greetings, STS Community,

I recently decided to make an updated L61 guide on how to play a L61 twink bird efficiently. Now, if it wasn't obvious already, this guide will be PvP based. So, as a result, some will disagree towards its usefulness in PvP.

What will I need?
Well, in PvP, there are a few factors towards making you a skilled PvPer. Some of these will be common sense, but again, I am covering from the ground up so I do not leave any inconsistencies. After all, a solid foundation builds quality PvPers. Thus, you will need all of the following: quality gear, a thorough understanding of basic game mechanics, stable internet with good bandwith as that is what plays a large factor in your ping (not your download and upload speeds which many believe to be the determining factor), a smooth running tablet/phone/device with an upgraded WiFi antenna (this will drastically improve your ping), and how to effectively use range to your advantage.

Gear:
In 61 PvP, you will have three viable options. I will list the three in the order of their effectiveness, with the first bullet being the most effective and the last bullet being the least effective.

• Demonic X-Bow (Crossbow) set
This set will cost you roughly 6-7m

• Sanguine Longbow set
This set will cost you roughly 1-1.5m

• Orlok Sword & Shield set
This set will cost you roughly 1-1.5m.

Note: A dragon ring is optional, as it does not affect birds as greatly at this level as it does with the other classes. I prefer a dragon ring over the platinum rings, but if you cannot afford dragon, platinum rings are a viable option.

Recommend Rings to Use:
Please note that the rings I have recommended are listed in their effectiveness from top to bottom. The one wielded being the most effective, then the next one down the row, followed by the last ring.

Advantages and Disadvantages of Each Recommended Gear Set:

• Demonic X-Bow Set (For those on a budget, Obedience X-Bow set is a suitable alternative)
Advantages: 13mm range which allows for ease of kiting (which means keeping the opponent afar while still being able to land skills), very high regeneration in both the H/s and M/s stat, and rapid damage/dps.
Disadvantages: Weaker Armor compared to the Sanguine Longbow set or Orlok Sword and Shield set, lower auto-attack damage which means less 2 hitting other birds.

• Sanguine Longbow Set
Advantages: High Damage, higher armor than Demonic X-bow set, and blinding proc (which is particularly effective against bears or mages, provided you know the range of your skills).
Disadvantages: Lower H/s, Low auto attack weapon range (10mm)

• Orlok Sword & Shield set
Advantages: High Dodge, High armor, High H/s. Basically, this means tons of survivability
Disadvantages: Low damage which means it is difficult to kill classes apart from a pure dex bird

Allotted Skill Points:

Know Your Combat Triangle:
Please, be aware of which class is most effective at killing another class. So, as a result, if you find yourself dying a lot versus a particular class, it may be because that class has an advantage on you!

Combat Triangle: Birds>Bears, Birds<Mages, Bears>Mages

How Do I Fight Against...?

Elves/Mages: Typically, as a bird, you will want to stay on the outskirts of their range. Why? An elf is capable of very high damage, much like a bird. However, their damage is slower, have lower hit, and minimum dodge. So, while they are extremely difficult, they are definitely able to be killed!

Unfortunately, I cannot teach you timing & good judgment so that will be a skill that players will have to acquire on their own.

Now, there are certain scenarios when killing a mage. If their shield is down, do the following: blind, root, blast, break, repulse extremely fast!
Note: Kite & heal when necessary.

If their shield is up, do the following: Blind, Blast, Root, Break, Repulse, Thorn Wall
Note: Kite & heal when necessary

Avians/Birds:
Utilize your range of your skills and focus on messing them up on their range of skills. Thus, again, keep on the outskirts of the maximum range and dip in and out of the range in order to kill them.

If they are in 12mm range, run forward and use repulse, blast, blind, break while dipping in and out of 12mm range to avoid their arrows.

If they come within the 12mm range, do the following: root, blast, repulse, blind, break

Now, if you are facing a strength bird, the trick is to outlast his buffs by kiting him and keeping him afar. Use avian scream to free yourself from any roots/stuns that may be applied to you (this goes for any class).

Ursans/Bears:

Now, birds are designed to kill bears. Kiting and blindshot will be essential when dueling this class.

NEVER CHARGE AT A BEAR WHEN IT IS FULLY BUFFED
This means, in the beginning of the fight, keep your distance unless you have the bear debuffed. Bears have lots of stuns & debuffs to keep them alive.

You will want to use the following combo vs bears: Blind, thorn root, thorn wall, shattering scream, blast, break, repulse.
Note: Heal if needed and as soon as you are beckoned, be sure to hit repulse and avian scream to free yourself from any stuns. Practice using avian scream extremely fast to remove stuns so you may still be able to win the duel.

Now that you know 61 bird, go PvP! Also, feel free to try out your own combos as some combos will always suit one person better. So, if you find a combo that is more effective than mine, don't be afraid to try it out. :)

Cool Set Ups To Use When PvPing:

Also, please note if you are using the demonic x-bow set, I'd have to recommend the face that my character is using for the increase in critical hit.

If you are using sanguine or orlok, Killer Canary or Penguin face are the most effective to use.

Hope this helped anyone curious to try out 61 PvP

Cheers,

Apollo

billybob1
05-09-2013, 02:52 PM
sweeett!! good job hunn

Zeus
05-09-2013, 03:01 PM
sweeett!! good job hunn

Thanks, billy! :)

Slcinuup
05-09-2013, 03:28 PM
Really nice details, I'll have to make a 61 bird to try it. Thanks for the guide.

Reunegade
05-09-2013, 03:38 PM
good job.

Gaunab
05-09-2013, 04:37 PM
Nice guide! Some pro moves and the concepts behind them explained.

However, that triangle thing, its actually bear&mage > bird :/
A few typos (blind proc is good vs bears, not much birds)

Zeus
05-09-2013, 04:47 PM
Nice guide! Some pro moves and the concepts behind them explained.

However, that triangle thing, its actually bear&mage > bird :/
A few typos (blind proc is good vs bears, not much birds)

I feel when I use demo xbow set, I can kill many bears.

OvigorothO
05-09-2013, 04:55 PM
Very in depth. However, you should include obedience crossbow set as an alternative to demonic for those on a budget. Despite what you might assume it is actually quite good

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Gaunab
05-09-2013, 05:08 PM
I feel when I use demo xbow set, I can kill many bears.

Sure you can kill them but not much more than 1/3 times. Half of the times beckon hits and the bird is dead pretty quickly. If the bird dodges it or magically manages to get at a safe distance again, he has a fair chance at killing the bear.

Thats why I barely play my bird in 1vs1. Good mages and bears make it boring. In FFA its really effective tho!

Zeus
05-09-2013, 05:31 PM
Sure you can kill them but not much more than 1/3 times. Half of the times beckon hits and the bird is dead pretty quickly. If the bird dodges it or magically manages to get at a safe distance again, he has a fair chance at killing the bear.

Thats why I barely play my bird in 1vs1. Good mages and bears make it boring. In FFA its really effective tho!

You want to test it out? I can be online on Vvitty in 5 minutes.

BlueSkied
05-09-2013, 05:42 PM
Sexy guide from a sexy man. Now all I need is gear for my 61 burd. S) low lv pvp items. Haha.

Gaunab
05-09-2013, 06:00 PM
You want to test it out? I can be online on Vvitty in 5 minutes.

Aright. on now!

D-:
05-09-2013, 06:21 PM
I was gonna do something similar to this guide... Too late.

Gj though.

Also good job on stealing Will's look with demonic xbow set. Both pics.

ThePvpTwink
05-09-2013, 06:29 PM
Nice job. Isn't a 61 sang xbow effective too with the set as it has equal range as Obed/demonic xbow but way cheaper?

Zeus
05-09-2013, 06:40 PM
I was gonna do something similar to this guide... Too late.

Gj though.

Also good job on stealing Will's look with demonic xbow set. Both pics.

Actually, Ashley/I had the O.C.D look before him considering we played before. When O.C.D's first came out, that's what I used with demonic.

Zeus
05-09-2013, 06:41 PM
Nice job. Isn't a 61 sang xbow effective too with the set as it has equal range as Obed/demonic xbow but way cheaper?

Not really due to the massive loss in DPS.

@Gaunab, If you're reading this, my battery died.

Apostel
05-09-2013, 06:48 PM

I agree with gaunab. You do forget about that heal-regen skill of a bear. When pull misses, just stomp run and wait till pull is ready again while healing the current dps of the bird.

Gaunab
05-09-2013, 06:48 PM
Not really due to the massive loss in DPS.

@Gaunab, If you're reading this, my battery died.

Hah I tought u ragequit after the 6-0! :p
Jk I know u were laggy, but still, there isnt much a bird can do against a beckonstomp while getting his repulse dodged. And thats what happens half of the fights.

Zeus
05-09-2013, 07:06 PM
Hah I tought u ragequit after the 6-0! :p
Jk I know u were laggy, but still, there isnt much a bird can do against a beckonstomp while getting his repulse dodged. And thats what happens half of the fights.

That is true.

I do know that Orlok on a bear makes a bear unstoppable, for the most part. That's half the reason why I use demonic on my bear, Bodyguardz. When fighting mages/birds, it is much more challenging. For example, a lilith mage that knows how to debuff and ice effectively can kill me pretty easily.

aav5224
05-09-2013, 09:35 PM
Good job! What i dont eally like is that u have to lvl 2 61 :(( and gear is to much money :( anyway nice job

Mennddoza
05-09-2013, 10:38 PM
THANK YOU for not posting how to kill rhinos haha.

Zeus
05-09-2013, 11:11 PM

I didn't include them because they're usually so easy but I'll post how to kill Rhinos and Foxes.

XghostzX
05-09-2013, 11:25 PM
Nice post, Parth! :)

Swaggy
05-09-2013, 11:51 PM
You show off that pro guild parth <STOMP>
LOL at vohcab. And btw, I got black OCD the day I came out, but you deff. Have me beat on having dem before me :P anyways, like I said, you're the only person I allow having my look without me raging.
Anyways, nice thread buddy. Hopefully you can educate some wannabes at 61. Gg

Waug
05-10-2013, 01:59 AM
In core, the actual triange is, at most of the levels-

average (bear&mage) >> average bird

but

pro (mage) < pro birds. And pro (bear) << pro birds.

Thing is that, when it comes to experience and practise, the scope of improvements follow this order bear then mage then bird.

Zeus
05-10-2013, 02:08 AM
In core, the actual triange is, at most of the levels-

average (bear&mage) >> average bird

but

pro (mage) < pro birds. And pro (bear) << pro birds.

Thing is that, when it comes to experience and practise, the scope of improvements follow this order bear then mage then bird.

You have your pro scale incorrect. Pro birds < Average Mage & Pro Bird = Average Bear

Waug
05-10-2013, 03:12 AM
You have your pro scale incorrect. Pro birds < Average Mage & Pro Bird = Average Bear

I don't know you're finding the plural form or not i.e (s) that was a grammatical mistake. Other than that you carry forwarded the scale I mentioned first.

I just tried to say that, bird is the most classy char. among all, fragile also, but if someone can do mastery in it, this class has the highest advantage over all, hence the equation become reverse for real pro birds.

Tropic
05-10-2013, 04:09 AM
Really nice guide Apollo :)

Sus
05-10-2013, 09:40 AM
Good guide.

Zeus
05-10-2013, 10:16 AM
I don't know you're finding the plural form or not i.e (s) that was a grammatical mistake. Other than that you carry forwarded the scale I mentioned first.

I just tried to say that, bird is the most classy char. among all, fragile also, but if someone can do mastery in it, this class has the highest advantage over all, hence the equation become reverse for real pro birds.

Why would I comment on your grammar?

You said the following: pro (mage) < pro birds & pro (bear) << pro birds

I'm not sure if you are getting your greater than and less than signs mixed up, but a pro mage will beat a pro bird and a pro bear will beat a pro bird. In 1v1, birds are generally the weakest (but still not to the point where they aren't competitive).

EDIT: OH, never mind! I was rather tired when I read that post & didn't read it correctly. Yes, you are correct that the triangle should be Mage < Bear, Bird > Bear, and Mage > Bird, but I am slightly confused when you mention that pro (mage) < pro birds & pro (bear) << pro birds.

Thus, I ask if you are getting your greater than and less than signs mixed up. Incase they are, for clarification: < = less than (make the shape with your hand, it looks like a 45 degrees "L", which could stand for "less) and > = greater than.

Mennddoza
05-10-2013, 01:25 PM

I didn't include them because they're usually so easy but I'll post how to kill Rhinos and Foxes.

Yeah I guess they are usually easy to kill :(

Ubernewber
05-11-2013, 09:19 PM
GJ Parth Make More Guides They Are Really Informational :p

Randomguy
05-11-2013, 09:29 PM
The build is ok with demo but sang?

Zeus
05-11-2013, 09:32 PM
The build is ok with demo but sang?

I often switch between Sang and Dem and find it easy to use with sang as well.

Loaden
05-13-2013, 05:10 AM
I would totally go for 60 Demonic Xbow bird but im too lazy to level T.T

NotYoCookiez
05-18-2013, 11:17 AM
I have On question about the skill build, why is avian scream level 5 and shattering scream, the combo one, only level 1? Isn't it better to have a higher combo scream because I only use avian scream to break free from roots and stuff

Zeus
05-18-2013, 01:09 PM
I have On question about the skill build, why is avian scream level 5 and shattering scream, the combo one, only level 1? Isn't it better to have a higher combo scream because I only use avian scream to break free from roots and stuff

Shattering is only meant for the combo. The debuff effects at this level are negligible (unless you're fighting bears).

Avian scream requires 5 to be freed of roots, ice & other things that are higher level. Since a demonic bird is based on kiting, if the bird is frozen, it ruins the effectiveness of a demo bird. Thus, I have avian scream set to 5 so the occasional ice or root will not stop me.

NotYoCookiez
05-18-2013, 01:47 PM
Oh that's how it works... It makes sense because with my level 1 again scream sometimes it won't free me lol thanks!

Xbuddyjosh
05-18-2013, 02:49 PM
I always do break then blast - it lowers armor and is an actual combo :)

Zeus
05-18-2013, 04:15 PM
I always do break then blast - it lowers armor and is an actual combo :)

Yes, but since birds are meant for speed killing, break actually slows you down considering its damage is low & the arrows will usually suffice.

If I have time to squeeze in break before a combo, I always do it, but usually there isn't enough time.