PDA

View Full Version : A Portion of My Suggestions

Altic
05-10-2013, 02:54 AM
Like i said in the title, this but a fraction of all the suggestions i have.
But i fell like addressing these ones now.

1. Multiple Servers Divided by Language. - (I want to make it clear that i am not prejudice nor racist towards any group of people on Earth, i cannot stress that enough),
Some may have seen me touch the surface of this topic via replies in other threads, but i feel its time to explain in detail.
I can see this issue making a dent in peoples' play time. ...(Less revenue for STS). I cannot tell you the number of times, nor the number of people who i know have also just logged out for the simple fact that people who speak different languages cannot organize well. Everyday that i try to do some elite dungeon crawling at least 40% of the maps i join contain one or more people who do not speak the same language as the majority of the group. This makes it nearly impossible and just not worth the trouble of the group falling apart. These people usually make the game multiple times more difficult for other players. They often do not know any strategy to fight the boss, they will attempt to solo things that they cannot and cause multiple group deaths, and worst of all they think that running away from the boss to avoid death is a good idea. (Which means the boss resets, and regains their full health. I'm going to stop there because i could fill an entire post on this topic alone.

2. Begging Needs to be a Bannable Offense - Be it a 10min mute, 1 hour suspension, or heck even a Perma-ban.
All i know is something needs to be done about the insane number of people who constantly beg, and then harass when they aren't pitied.
I completely understand that there is an ignore button, but that does not stop the leeches from just moving on to the next person.
Maybe if actions were taken against them, word will spread and it would be common knowledge that begging is a no-no.

3. A Feature that allows us to TURN OFF Friend Requests, And a Filter to Block (and Not Notify the Recipient) Trades and Messages from certain levels.
The title speaks for it's self. And it's also relavant to #2. But i will say that I and many others are sick of seeing; A message of (mostly) gibberish, a trade request, and a friend request all within half a second of each other. Sadly being an level above 10 puts you at risk for this, especially being the level cap (or one level under). Also if you have a single piece of nice looking gear, you are also at risk of this plague.

Here's a few more things, yet i'm really to tired to expand on them right now.
- Checkpoints within maps, for quicker runs back to bosses.
- Pets that match their owners speed, but only when NOT chasing an enemy to keep PvP balanced.
- More appropriate costs for platinum items; such as elixers which last only a measly FIFTEEN Minute when most end game maps take 2 or more times longer than that.
Reviving on spot for GOLD not a real money currency. (May become irrelavant if checkpoints are implemented).
-Public chat in towns can be seen in any instance of the same town. Most people know what im saying.
- A possible setting to reduce the quality of graphics without, to increase Frame rates. (Separate from the better frame rate/battery slider).
- I've seen others suggest camera rotation like other STS games, but i highly disagree. I know the amount of work it would take to make that a reality, not to mention rebuilding the game from the bottom up and losing more Frames.

My brain is fried, i may add some of my other suggestions in a later edit or reply.
Who knows.

I hope this doesn't come off as insulting in any way, although i am frustrated with much of this and it may have shown through my words, this was not my intention.
I am very grateful for the game STS has provided for us.

TL;DR - Stuff needs a changin'.

Thanks for taking the time to read my novella, if anyone actually did. lol.

Altic.

DexterityX
05-11-2013, 06:33 AM
Totaly agree! specially the number one.. we should have different servers

Altic
05-11-2013, 06:07 PM
Totaly agree! specially the number one.. we should have different servers

THANK YOU!

I was honestly starting to think i was the only one who thought these things...
As you can see, no one else has posted... lol
And the thread has like 2 or 3 views.

I really wish these forums were more active, instead of most people finding an answer and then never comeback lol

Altic
05-15-2013, 07:38 PM
Glad posting on this forums is nearly pointless.. God forbid a dev sheds some light..