PDA

View Full Version : What to do with a level 50 enchantress

NotOwning
10-10-2010, 03:10 PM
So I'm curious, with the introduction of AO3, what is the best spec to go with for an enchantress?

The options I have in mind are:

- Int-a-din
- Str-a-din
- Pure Int
- Int/Str
- Int/Dex (this is what I am now)

What does everyone think the best current spec is for mainly PvE, and why?

haroldiv
10-10-2010, 03:18 PM
hands down talon mage. void gear is a gift from the gods for that hybrid class. oh wait nvr mind. its already hard enough to find void items. u should stay pure int =P

Royce
10-10-2010, 03:23 PM
Paladin with a couple level 45 Thoth peices (or 50s if you can find em) is still better in many ways than Int mage. That said, everyone wants to wear the cool looking new gear, and if I didn't already have all 3 types of mages then I would respec my pally to Int probably. Dex mage would be sweet with full Void, but that's hard to get. Int mage with as much Cosmos as possible and some Fate or whatever would be decent, but still lack the survivability of a paladin. So basically I think it's a tough call. If you have a lot of good friends and play in good groups with tanking and DPS, then Int mage could work out. If not, I'd probably say pally just so you can stay on your feet playing with random folks in PUGs.

Arterra
10-10-2010, 03:27 PM
pally just seems like the most reasonable (though now weakened) choice, due to maybe surviving one-shotter aoes

NotOwning
10-10-2010, 03:52 PM
Would you guys recommend the Dex/Int or the Dex/Str pally?

Arterra
10-10-2010, 04:22 PM
i get enough str for items, enough dex for 100% and rest to int to try helping out with haelz...

Raxie
10-11-2010, 02:35 AM
pure int with full cosmos gear actually has a decent chance of surviving.

Inching
10-11-2010, 02:55 AM
getting 1 comos piece is nearly impossible and hell expensive to buy and the chances of farming the complete set is like impossible unless you play for 20hrs a day (which Im sure there are ppl doing this) so for me, I am a pure mage .. always have been and always will be (except for a week when I had a breakdown and went pally) but anyway.... For a pure mage, just try to farm 1 out of 4 pieces of comos and try to buy 1 or 2 if u have the cash and the rest fate like Royce said I think is good enough... possibly find a lvl 50 thoth staff then ur alomst as good.

Then jsut play casually until the next updates with new mapos and stuff and thats when you can get the rest of the pieces but can take forever.

Raxie
10-11-2010, 03:03 AM
i have all cosmos and it took me a day to get the whole set.

Inching
10-11-2010, 03:05 AM
i have all cosmos and it took me a day to get set.

holy cr@p... very nice... I tried to farm for it but took ages to even pass the maps... would you be able to tell me some tips on which map dropps the most comos? thx for ur help

Raxie
10-11-2010, 03:09 AM
well i got wand from victory lap. victory lap is best place to farm. i also got a rift helm that i bought when i was a tank and many other bears were very interested in my rift helm when i decided to go pure mage and sell my rift helm.
so i traded my helm and a bit of money for cosmos robe and wand because i sold my other wand. now i only had to get cosmos helm and eye. eye is pretty rare but cosmos helm was very easy to find; almost everyone is selling them. when, i found a good deal, i also asked seller if he had eye. luckily for me, he did so i bought helm and eye for 710k when he first said it was 800k first.

Inching
10-11-2010, 03:14 AM
well i got wand from victory lap. victory lap is best place to farm. i also got a rift helm that i bought when i was a tank and many other bears were very interested in my rift helm when i decided to go pure mage and sell my rift helm.
so i traded my helm and a bit of money for cosmos robe and wand because i sold my other wand. now i only had to get cosmos helm and eye. eye is pretty rare but cosmos helm was very easy to find; almost everyone is selling them. when, i found a good deal, i also asked seller if he had eye. luckily for me, he did so i bought helm and eye for 710k when he first said it was 800k first.

Crap.... i only have 300K but i have a lot of lvl 50 pinks and also some very rare pinks like Doll, Toad Tiara, etc...

What u recon I should do to get the comos set? I only have the lazer wand now...

Sry for the questions... thx

Raxie
10-11-2010, 03:18 AM
you could maybe get a deal with your swamps pinks. however, they are not in high demand right now. maybe sell your swamps pinks and make your money that way?

NotOwning
10-11-2010, 10:43 AM
What is the best level 45 pure int enchantress set, and what is the price on it?

Also, when you guys say pure int do you mean like 200+ in int or like a 154 int/100% dex/rest in str setup?

Raxie
10-12-2010, 01:07 AM
all thoth is best.
pure mage is a mage will all int.

Royce
10-12-2010, 09:10 AM
"Pure" mage in PL lingo simply refers to any mage with enough Int to use Int gear, so both 100% Int and Int/Dex count ;)