PDA

View Full Version : Mages in PvP

Alhuntrazeck
05-10-2013, 08:17 AM
Just a thought so please don't flame me.

Mages: absolutely useless in PvP. I know it's been said before and it's an old topic, blah, blah. So here's my thoughts:
Rogues. They are killers in PvP able to 1-hit poorly geared mages like yours truly and farm kills of them. Can dominate Kills lb.
Warriors. Flaggers. Built to flag. Can dominate Capture lb.
Mages. Support classes. Heal those who need heal. Restores mana to those who need it. And...?
And nada.

Just my thoughts. Not denouncing mages or other classes or anything else, just stating the facts.
Mages need a buff in pvp...

swexcist
05-10-2013, 12:38 PM
Wrong facts imo.. a good mage can change a medioker team to a good team (setup vise, not individual skill lvl).. allot thanks to shield fire opener (or just straight fire if done correct). heal/ mana..etc.. if u play it correct, it is real stronk and good, all teams need one. In all situation.. i agree on rogers tho.. they have so huge base dmg.. its almost impossible to get kills..if u go support specc as me

mafiainc42
05-11-2013, 04:02 PM
mages are glorious in avabel :-)

Alhuntrazeck
04-14-2014, 06:10 AM
Sorry for the necro but this thread just made me LOL. xD
Ofc mages suck when ur in epics, noob Alhunt!

suckyiknow
04-14-2014, 08:06 AM
Lmao

Bless
04-14-2014, 01:17 PM
Highest stat dmg even today

Endkey
04-14-2014, 02:02 PM

Mages: absolutely useless in PvP. I know it's been said before and it's an old topic, blah, blah. So here's my thoughts:
Rogues. They are killers in PvP able to 1-hit poorly geared mages like yours truly and farm kills of them. Can dominate Kills lb.
Mages. Support classes. Heal those who need heal. Restores mana to those who need it. And...?
And nada.

Just my thoughts. Not denouncing mages or other classes or anything else, just stating the facts.
Mages need a buff in pvp...

I ddnt wanna say this...but u owned me in 1v1 today lmao..

falmear
04-14-2014, 02:31 PM

Solid
04-14-2014, 02:38 PM
You thinks mages are underpowered because your not playing your class right.

Ihateppl
04-14-2014, 02:47 PM

ive seen nub mages run up to me shoot a fireball at me, get 99% of there health zapped away by me and run away screaming. my twink has a better kdr then my mythic mage...

Alhuntrazeck
04-14-2014, 08:18 PM

Check the dates pls. Posted this a year ago when PvP just came out

geosimos
04-14-2014, 08:22 PM
fail

Solid
04-14-2014, 08:22 PM
Check the dates pls. Posted this a year ago when PvP just came out

When PvP came out, mages were most OP.

Stuns did not have a limit, it was stun all day. - again you were not playing your class correctly.

Xpolosion
04-16-2014, 12:22 AM
Mages rock idk what ur smokin

Zeus
04-16-2014, 12:33 AM
When PvP came out, mages were most OP.

Stuns did not have a limit, it was stun all day. - again you were not playing your class correctly.

Again, check the date of that post and compare to the date of the stun immunity patch notes.

Alhuntrazeck
04-16-2014, 01:03 AM
Again, check the date of that post and compare to the date of the stun immunity patch notes.
Also I'm not sure but I believe this was the time of the windmill glitch.
Oh hi swexcist! Miss ya

Neutrone
04-19-2014, 03:24 PM

I agree with this.

Xbadboyx
04-19-2014, 09:00 PM

And nada.

ive explained to you before why sts made Mage class lmfao! Just admit it .

Zeus
04-20-2014, 08:29 AM
ive explained to you before why sts made Mage class lmfao! Just admit it .

To keep the other two's classes KDR positive? Yessir!

Bless
04-20-2014, 08:56 AM
I'd pick to fight a rogue anyday over a mage...

Trenton
04-20-2014, 09:18 AM
I don't see why people say mages suck, I get it when they say they DID suck, but now, mages do have a fighting chance. Maybe not the best in 1v1 against warriors, but in a 5v5 clash, mages kick ***.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Nesox
04-22-2014, 11:07 PM
So after six seasons it seems your initial description is still correct. Mages are viewed as usesful by other classes if they are the self sacrificing type who work to keep their team alive but dont expect to score much. Otherwise I would not say "completely useless" is correct, but to state that we are still the "most useless" of classes would be 100% correct.

Neutrone
04-24-2014, 11:03 AM
From what I see this is being based on majority of mages however there actually many skilled mages out there in pvp. So I don't really think we should say "mages" like every single Mage in arcane legends is weak. Infact what I realised is that:

Rogues are more capable of beating warriors.

Sorcerers are more capable of beating rogues. (If your not then train and practice new combos)

Warriors are more capable of beating sorcerers.

This is all possible from lvls 10 and up where tarlok equipment is sort of like the mythic in end lvl pvp.

As solid said people just aren't using sorcerers right.

Neutrone
04-24-2014, 11:18 AM
So after six seasons it seems your initial description is still correct. Mages are viewed as usesful by other classes if they are the self sacrificing type who work to keep their team alive but dont expect to score much. Otherwise I would not say "completely useless" is correct, but to state that we are still the "most useless" of classes would be 100% correct.

Being able to beat rogues who have many spots on LB doesn't really make us the most "completely useless class" but rather the "most stupid" and has the "laziest" people not occupying a good spot on ctf kills (were even better flaggers). I find it ironic cuz our primary stat is "intelligence"

Xbadboyx
04-24-2014, 04:18 PM
To keep the other two's classes KDR positive? Yessir!
nope , ask alhuntrazeck he will tell u lmao!

Bless
04-24-2014, 05:04 PM

Being able to beat rogues who have many spots on LB doesn't really make us the most "completely useless class" but rather the "most stupid" and has the "laziest" people not occupying a good spot on ctf kills (were even better flaggers). I find it ironic cuz our primary stat is "intelligence" Wow neutrone....preach!!

falmear
04-24-2014, 06:50 PM
I'm gonna necro some old threads. Seems like people will respond to anything.

Neutrone
04-25-2014, 04:24 AM
Wow neutrone....preach!!

Lmao

kinzmet
05-03-2014, 11:51 AM
Is there any mage at all at PVP LB? (kills or flag)

Neutrone
05-03-2014, 02:54 PM
Is there any mage at all at PVP LB? (kills or flag)

Tongsmash Mage No.4 TDM kills

Neutrone
05-03-2014, 02:55 PM
Ill check and mention the rest

kinzmet
05-04-2014, 10:47 AM
Tongsmash Mage No.4 TDM kills

So mages can rank in LB after all, so the term "useless" is not a right description then.

Neutrone
05-05-2014, 10:56 AM
So mages can rank in LB after all, so the term "useless" is not a right description then.

Yep :thumbup:

Nesox
05-05-2014, 07:30 PM
I did not say "useless", I said "most useless." One mage in top 25 CTF kills and just three in TDM.

Bless
05-06-2014, 02:00 PM
I did not say "useless", I said "most useless." One mage in top 25 CTF kills and just three in TDM. There are single class LBs, you can find 25 sorcs :p

Zeus
05-06-2014, 03:57 PM
There are single class LBs, you can find 25 sorcs :p

Even if sorcerers were complete and utter nubs with 1 attack damage, you would still find 25 sorcerers in the sorcerer category leaderboard, lol. Your point is...? Nesox has a very valid point. Flagging for a mage is even worse!

Bless
05-06-2014, 04:55 PM
There are single class LBs, you can find 25 sorcs :p

Even if sorcerers were complete and utter nubs with 1 attack damage, you would still find 25 sorcerers in the sorcerer category leaderboard, lol. Your point is...? Nesox has a very valid point. Flagging for a mage is even worse! If they are using LBs as an indication of skill/balance, it's invalid evidence, there are other factors involved, for example, rogues have more kills because they are a pure single target class (sp, aim, nox). Mages have been given buffs on gale to give them the extra dash, one of the reasons mages are behind on flags is because warriors and rogues got way too many flags pre-buff (when mages were so slow) so they cannot catch up now. New flagging system is ideally for tanks.

As for the top 25 single class categories on the LB, you still get banners don't you? Why complain? You can compete with other sorcs..

falmear
05-06-2014, 09:07 PM
If they are using LBs as an indication of skill/balance, it's invalid evidence, there are other factors involved, for example, rogues have more kills because they are a pure single target class (sp, aim, nox). Mages have been given buffs on gale to give them the extra dash, one of the reasons mages are behind on flags is because warriors and rogues got way too many flags pre-buff (when mages were so slow) so they cannot catch up now. New flagging system is ideally for tanks.

As for the top 25 single class categories on the LB, you still get banners don't you? Why complain? You can compete with other sorcs..

Mages have been historically underpowered. You can go back to the very first posts of this message board and its the same complaints. And there was a HUGE resistance to give mages dash forward. We had dash backwards which was absolutely useless. No one class has been messed up more and had more changes then mages. Sorry when I start seeing in 5v5 CTF clashes at the end of a match that mages have the most kills, you got no legs to stand on. If we have AOE & Crowd control then we should own 5v5 clashes but we don't. So start producing screen shots where mages get the most kills in 5v5 CTF then we can talk.

As for flagging, it is what it is. If you want people to play real CTF then these changes need to be made. But they should also make more team oriented with other stats like flag assists & flag returns. But STS takes the approach like you broke your leg and you go see your doctor and he gives you an aspirin and doesn't fix your leg tells you to go home because Rome wasn't build in a day.

Fear
05-07-2014, 12:12 AM
Mages have been historically underpowered. You can go back to the very first posts of this message board and its the same complaints. And there was a HUGE resistance to give mages dash forward. We had dash backwards which was absolutely useless. No one class has been messed up more and had more changes then mages. Sorry when I start seeing in 5v5 CTF clashes at the end of a match that mages have the most kills, you got no legs to stand on. If we have AOE & Crowd control then we should own 5v5 clashes but we don't. So start producing screen shots where mages get the most kills in 5v5 CTF then we can talk.

As for flagging, it is what it is. If you want people to play real CTF then these changes need to be made. But they should also make more team oriented with other stats like flag assists & flag returns. But STS takes the approach like you broke your leg and you go see your doctor and he gives you an aspirin and doesn't fix your leg tells you to go home because Rome wasn't build in a day.

Mages were pretty op when pvp first started just saying

Bless
05-07-2014, 12:20 AM

As for flagging, it is what it is. If you want people to play real CTF then these changes need to be made. But they should also make more team oriented with other stats like flag assists & flag returns. But STS takes the approach like you broke your leg and you go see your doctor and he gives you an aspirin and doesn't fix your leg tells you to go home because Rome wasn't build in a day. you just proved my point, mages were historically underpowered and even if they are buffed with more survivability now it would be hard for them to catch up to the other class's LBs.

falmear
05-07-2014, 12:47 AM
you just proved my point, mages were historically underpowered and even if they are buffed with more survivability now it would be hard for them to catch up to the other class's LBs.

This is true for CTF kills and flags only. TDM was released season 4 and when most mage skill changes occurred. So you can't say this for TDM LB. TDM LB top 25 ends at 20,810 TDM kills. 3 Mages, 3 warriors, 19 rogues.

Neutrone
05-07-2014, 03:08 PM
Well to be honest I don't judge skill based on position on LB. However I've come to realize maybe people are right ...sorcerers are a bit underpowered (not asking for any buffs) though what solid said was also right people just aren't that good at using sorcerers.

Energizeric
05-11-2014, 12:51 PM
I think it's a bit extreme to say mages are "useless" in PvP. But we are not as good as the other classes. A mage needs all the best gear to have any chance of competing for a decent KDR. I am full mythic with an arcane staff, yet I struggle to keep a 1/1 KDR this season. During season 4 when I had full mythic gear with a runic gun, I had no problem keeping a 3/1 KDR.

I think the issue has to do with stuns. Sorcerers must land twice as many hits as their opponents to win a battle. So in the past, the way we could do that was to keep our opponents stunned for at least part of the battle. That evened the playing field. But now at level 41 rogues have such high dodge, that most of the time they dodge our stun attempts. And with skill switching (which I hear will be eliminated with the new game client), most warriors are using a rotation of skills which allows them to use an extra skill to become immune to stuns. Hopefully when this ability is eliminated, they will have to choose whether they want to include that skill in one of their 4 skills, and I assume this will weaken them somewhat.

So far what I have experienced this season is that I get stunned more than I am able to stun. A stunned sorcerer is a dead sorcerer, and one stun is all that is needed to kill me most of the time. I will be dead before the stun wears off.

I'm not sure what the answer is to fixing this, but clearly some changes need to be made.

Bless
05-11-2014, 03:11 PM
I think it's a bit extreme to say mages are "useless" in PvP. But we are not as good as the other classes. A mage needs all the best gear to have any chance of competing for a decent KDR. I am full mythic with an arcane staff, yet I struggle to keep a 1/1 KDR this season. During season 4 when I had full mythic gear with a runic gun, I had no problem keeping a 3/1 KDR.

I think the issue has to do with stuns. Sorcerers must land twice as many hits as their opponents to win a battle. So in the past, the way we could do that was to keep our opponents stunned for at least part of the battle. That evened the playing field. But now at level 41 rogues have such high dodge, that most of the time they dodge our stun attempts. And with skill switching (which I hear will be eliminated with the new game client), most warriors are using a rotation of skills which allows them to use an extra skill to become immune to stuns. Hopefully when this ability is eliminated, they will have to choose whether they want to include that skill in one of their 4 skills, and I assume this will weaken them somewhat.

So far what I have experienced this season is that I get stunned more than I am able to stun. A stunned sorcerer is a dead sorcerer, and one stun is all that is needed to kill me most of the time. I will be dead before the stun wears off.

I'm not sure what the answer is to fixing this, but clearly some changes need to be made. Panic + FB is atleast a 5 second stun, most mages [try to] play with terrify/panic pets, it takes less than 5 seconds for a mage to kill another mage (w/o arcane shield) or a rogue. These are all facts.

People shouldnt be aiming to get more stuns implemented.

Personally, I would ask to nerf stuns majorly: a panic should be counted as a stun. Pvp should be more than stuns imo.

Energizeric
05-11-2014, 08:39 PM
Panic + FB is atleast a 5 second stun, most mages [try to] play with terrify/panic pets, it takes less than 5 seconds for a mage to kill another mage (w/o arcane shield) or a rogue. These are all facts.

Personally, I would ask to nerf stuns majorly: a panic should be counted as a stun. Pvp should be more than stuns imo.

Today I was fighting 1-on-1 with a rogue, and I was using slag. Every single time I started with charged fireball followed by slag's panic. About half of the time, both stuns would miss. The other half of the time, one or the other would miss. Not once out of about 15 tries did both stuns hit for this 5 second long stun lock you talk about. It just doesn't work anymore. And against warriors instead of a 25-50% success rate on stuns, it's more like 5-10%.

If you get rid of stuns, then the class that hits the hardest must also be the class that has the least health and armor. So you would have to give a major buff in mage damage and health to make it more than rogues, or you would have to decrease rogues armor and health to less than mages. And you would have to give a major nerf to warriors in both armor and health.

Right now sorcerers cause about half the damage that rogues do per hit, and sorcerer skills have longer cooldown than rogues, so overall we probably cause about one third as much damage during a battle. Plus we have less armor and health. Arcane shield only works half the time, and the other half it is on cooldown. So even if I win the battle, the rogue always returns and kills me seconds after my shield drops. So even when I win a battle, my KDR stays at 1:1.

In any case, kills are very hard to come by. When I started playing TDM again last week, I needed 200 kills to reach 6000. It took me a whole week to get those 200, playing 2-3 hours per day, and I racked up over 600 deaths during that period. And I am full mythic with arcane pet and arcane staff. With lesser gear I would not be as good.

My skill has not changed since season 4 when I had a 3:1 KDR. I am the same player as I was then, the only thing that has changed is the class balance. Put me up against sorcerers only and I would be 10:1. I love fighting other sorcerers, 3 hits and they are dead. It's like swatting a fly. I feel bad killing them.

falmear
05-11-2014, 11:01 PM
In any case, kills are very hard to come by. When I started playing TDM again last week, I needed 200 kills to reach 6000. It took me a whole week to get those 200, playing 2-3 hours per day, and I racked up over 600 deaths during that period. And I am full mythic with arcane pet and arcane staff. With lesser gear I would not be as good.

I don't know what build you are using but if you are not using 5 skills, its time to reconsider. And if are are using only two offensive skills you are at a huge disadvantage. Its time to open your eyes to the reality of the situation and accept what some of us already figured out.

Aneheazatek
05-11-2014, 11:15 PM
Hi Fal ,

5 Skill set up is challenging for a phone user.

I don't know what build you are using but if you are not using 5 skills, its time to reconsider. And if are are using only two offensive skills you are at a huge disadvantage. Its time to open your eyes to the reality of the situation and accept what some of us already figured out.

falmear
05-11-2014, 11:39 PM
Hi Fal ,

5 Skill set up is challenging for a phone user.

You assume you are switching skills mid combat. This is not the only situation where you can utilize 5 skills. You can run 3 attack skills + shield. You can switch in heal when you need to between clashes. To heal yourself and replenish mana for your team. Or you can use 2 attack skills and 2 defensive (heal & shield) if the situation needs it. If you want to get the most amount of kills in TDM you need to run 3 attack skills with shield and swap in heal only when you need it. If you are low on health you can always let Trulle kill you for a free heal. You have to accept you will die once your shield is down, and heal won't save you when your shield goes down.

Bless
05-12-2014, 12:22 AM
Panic + FB is atleast a 5 second stun, most mages [try to] play with terrify/panic pets, it takes less than 5 seconds for a mage to kill another mage (w/o arcane shield) or a rogue. These are all facts.

Today I was fighting 1-on-1 with a rogue, and I was using slag. Every single time I started with charged fireball followed by slag's panic. About half of the time, both stuns would miss. The other half of the time, one or the other would miss. Not once out of about 15 tries did both stuns hit for this 5 second long stun lock you talk about. It just doesn't work anymore. And against warriors instead of a 25-50% success rate on stuns, it's more like 5-10%.

If you get rid of stuns, then the class that hits the hardest must also be the class that has the least health and armor. So you would have to give a major buff in mage damage and health to make it more than rogues, or you would have to decrease rogues armor and health to less than mages. And you would have to give a major nerf to warriors in both armor and health.

Right now sorcerers cause about half the damage that rogues do per hit, and sorcerer skills have longer cooldown than rogues, so overall we probably cause about one third as much damage during a battle. Plus we have less armor and health. Arcane shield only works half the time, and the other half it is on cooldown. So even if I win the battle, the rogue always returns and kills me seconds after my shield drops. So even when I win a battle, my KDR stays at 1:1.

My skill has not changed since season 4 when I had a 3:1 KDR. I am the same player as I was then, the only thing that has changed is the class balance. Put me up against sorcerers only and I would be 10:1. I love fighting other sorcerers, 3 hits and they are dead. It's like swatting a fly. I feel bad killing them. Samael has a higher terrify chance, trust me, once you get samael it's stun will make huge differences. But more stuns would undermine skill and bring pvp to something as crap as PL's.

Instanthumor
05-12-2014, 01:08 AM
And with skill switching (which I hear will be eliminated with the new game client), most warriors are using a rotation of skills which allows them to use an extra skill to become immune to stuns. Hopefully when this ability is eliminated, they will have to choose whether they want to include that skill in one of their 4 skills, and I assume this will weaken them somewhat.

Where does it say this? Nowhere.

Tip for you Ener: Use Shadowlurk. With the 20% crit and 20% damage buff, you can one combo full arcane rogues with an Expedition Rifle! Ask Zeus (lol)! Don't use Slag. Slag was a good pet, now it's not vsing a rogue. Even if it stuns, there's not much you can do if you can't dish enough damage (Slag gives no crit). You're merely stalling your defeat.

Energizeric
05-12-2014, 03:18 PM
Where does it say this? Nowhere.

Tip for you Ener: Use Shadowlurk. With the 20% crit and 20% damage buff, you can one combo full arcane rogues with an Expedition Rifle! Ask Zeus (lol)! Don't use Slag. Slag was a good pet, now it's not vsing a rogue. Even if it stuns, there's not much you can do if you can't dish enough damage (Slag gives no crit). You're merely stalling your defeat.

STS confirmed that they are going to address the skill switching issue in the new game client. It was discussed in the google hangout session last week. No specifics were given, but my guess is they will make it so you cannot switch mid-battle, but can still switch once the battle is over.

Neutrone
05-13-2014, 10:16 AM
STS confirmed that they are going to address the skill switching issue in the new game client. It was discussed in the google hangout session last week. No specifics were given, but my guess is they will make it so you cannot switch mid-battle, but can still switch once the battle is over.

It would be funny if nothing changes and Sorcerers are still at the bottom...

Ihateppl
05-13-2014, 12:13 PM
Me mage, me will terminate.

conradev
05-14-2014, 02:40 AM

Removing the utilization of of multiple skills would be a travesty to the game and is currently the best divider for skilled mages versus unskilled. I have no problem holding my own against warrs, 5v5 I sometimes do have the most kills, and I'm sure many other mages can say the same. I refuse to play in a game where fast hands and quick thinking is nerfed, in fact I will not be playing if skill switch is removed. AL would be no better than a role playing card game if that happened. People need to stop complaining and quite simply just get better...complaining is what kills games like this.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Kreasadriii
05-14-2014, 03:05 AM
I ever become pesimist about mage in pvp, but since I keep going to learn from duel to duel I learn that mage are challenging than the others.
You can't win PvP with mage? << Depends on your strategic, timing, and movement ^^

And I just realize that switching skills in PvP not a sportive ways.
You can kill rogue and warrior without changing ur skills while duel..

Sorcerers still the bottom?
Warrior and Rogue will crying in PvP without mana, they would crying without mage in their team to DoT (damage over time) against enemies..

I didn't mean to judge another class, but I'm a mage and yes.. Feel that feeling too about underestimated from another class pvp.. Be optimist friend ^^

Instanthumor
05-14-2014, 03:27 AM
I ever become pesimist about mage in pvp, but since I keep going to learn from duel to duel I learn that mage are challenging than the others.
You can't win PvP with mage? << Depends on your strategic, timing, and movement ^^

And I just realize that switching skills in PvP not a sportive ways.
You can kill rogue and warrior without changing ur skills while duel..

Sorcerers still the bottom?
Warrior and Rogue will crying in PvP without mana, they would crying without mage in their team to DoT (damage over time) against enemies..

I didn't mean to judge another class, but I'm a mage and yes.. Feel that feeling too about underestimated from another class pvp.. Be optimist friend ^^

I understand what you're trying to get at, but you must seriously be OP. Killing warriors with 4 skills? Warriors and rogues hardly ever have mana issues during clashes. I see 5 samaels per team on a daily basis, besides, there are mana pets that give mana for a reason.

I'd like to ask you, so what if we have DoT? How effective really is DoT in clashes. The purpose for mages is supposedly crowd control, no? How can we do our duty if all our crowd controlling skills are nerfed? We are nothing but a waste of space for another rogue cough Parf cough. Seriously, how overrated and underpowered are smurfs? Be practical.

Haligali
05-14-2014, 04:15 AM
I understand what you're trying to get at, but you must seriously be OP. Killing warriors with 4 skills?

It is possible, he is on lower lvl, there are much better mage weapons.

conradev
05-14-2014, 11:18 AM
I understand what you're trying to get at, but you must seriously be OP. Killing warriors with 4 skills? Warriors and rogues hardly ever have mana issues during clashes. I see 5 samaels per team on a daily basis, besides, there are mana pets that give mana for a reason.

I'd like to ask you, so what if we have DoT? How effective really is DoT in clashes. The purpose for mages is supposedly crowd control, no? How can we do our duty if all our crowd controlling skills are nerfed? We are nothing but a waste of space for another rogue cough Parf cough. Seriously, how overrated and underpowered are smurfs? Be practical.

Gale Shield Heal Ice is not good enough anymore...and I want to be able to stand toe-to-toe and either die fast or kill fast. Not inferested in floating across the screen eluding death and stalling vs waiting for Warriors to lose mana. That's not winning...that's just the other side losing. Killing is Winning. I feel like people who like the game as is should really start countering all the cry here as much as possible.

Energizeric
05-14-2014, 01:53 PM
Removing the utilization of of multiple skills would be a travesty to the game and is currently the best divider for skilled mages versus unskilled. I have no problem holding my own against warrs, 5v5 I sometimes do have the most kills, and I'm sure many other mages can say the same. I refuse to play in a game where fast hands and quick thinking is nerfed, in fact I will not be playing if skill switch is removed. AL would be no better than a role playing card game if that happened. People need to stop complaining and quite simply just get better...complaining is what kills games like this.

Actually, this is not a divider between those who have fast hands and those who don't. It is a divider between those who play on a PC and use a keystroke macro that can switch skills in a few microseconds by pressing one button, and those who play on a mobile device. I don't care how fast your hands are, you can't beat a keystroke macro that is mapped to a single function button.

If AL is to be a real mobile game, then those who actually play on a mobile device cannot be at a disadvantage.

gumball3000
05-14-2014, 01:59 PM
Maybe mage is not doing that great in 1v1 but in team fights they are priceless and they usually score the most kills.

Bangbam
05-14-2014, 03:18 PM
You dont always need to skill switch as a mage.
I use a phone and me tryna do that will get me killed easily lol
#SmurfPride

Bless
05-14-2014, 04:12 PM
Maybe mage is not doing that great in 1v1 but in team fights they are priceless and they usually score the most kills. I fully agree.

CTF is intended as a team game, I always say this: Ctf is a team game, play it as such and you will have no problem. You cant really go about expecting to win over all the classes in pvp 1v1s because all classes have weaknesses; in 5v5 they all are balanced.

Energizeric
05-14-2014, 05:26 PM
So then give us some team stats. MMOs are all about stats and leaderboards. If this is supposed to be a team game, then give us the team stats so we can compete. Right now the stats are all individual stats, so we all compete for those individual stats, and mages are at a big disadvantage when it comes to that.

conradev
05-15-2014, 03:10 PM
Actually, this is not a divider between those who have fast hands and those who don't. It is a divider between those who play on a PC and use a keystroke macro that can switch skills in a few microseconds by pressing one button, and those who play on a mobile device. I don't care how fast your hands are, you can't beat a keystroke macro that is mapped to a single function button.

If AL is to be a real mobile game, then those who actually play on a mobile device cannot be at a disadvantage.

Actually you're wrong about that also...people unfamiliar with macros think they are the ultimate cheat in PvP when they are not. I have tested switching this way and I assure you I am much faster by hand. There are layers of screen delays which render macroing skills useless. Also, there is no substitution for playing by hand on a phone (some prefer tablet) PvP is all around disadvantage to PC players. There is at least a 0.3 second delay you must acount for at each screen during switch on Chrome, and that is running with absolutely no lag and no app latency. Enter a 5v5 and you must slow down the macro to as slow as 1 second per frame. And that's assuming u have no lag and that the game is going to recognize each click you recorded.

...Macroing skills is a myth and a poor excuse for people who refuse to learn new methods and evolve their play. I know because I've been accused of macroing many times. Macro is not even half as fast as my switch and that is truth.

(Sidenote: when you switch between 6 and 7 skills as I do you have to make adjustments in the moment. You cannot set up a permutated macro for each specific scenario which arises during play. Not when you have a high chance of death within a few seconds.)

conradev
05-15-2014, 03:12 PM
So then give us some team stats. MMOs are all about stats and leaderboards. If this is supposed to be a team game, then give us the team stats so we can compete. Right now the stats are all individual stats, so we all compete for those individual stats, and mages are at a big disadvantage when it comes to that.

I would support this movement although I see potential abuse due to the prevalent ganging and spawning of many top guilds.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk