PDA

View Full Version : Weapons req

Tobikuma
04-28-2010, 01:24 PM
I kinda feel there are WAY too many weapons out there, moreso when there is 1 specifically that is the weapon of choice.
At cap most jobs have a choice of 5 different weapons, yet only 1 or 2 (mostly shield or not option) is going to be the standard.

Kinda think maybe the requirements should be changed to create more variety (yes I know it sounds counterproductive to what Im saying)

First off I kinda think club/cane should be a INT weapon for a non magic attack option.

Anyway on the opinion or specialization.

Somehow I think the variety should be set into attributes.

For instance:
Say STR weapons
Sword(1h) would start of 1 and slowly build to 30.
Axe/Pick would be an average amount of points 30-60 lower grade maybe starting around 15 and ave increase up.
(2h) hammer/sword and the like 60-110, lower grade again maybe starting around 20 with rapid requirement increase

Giving people that specialize in 1 catagory exclusive rights to weaponry, instead of having everything 90+ at capped 30 and 90% of the weapons useless.

Just a thought of making more of the weapons usable.

O yea not to say it still doesnt stop the lvl requirement just attribute.
Kinda feel the players that invest 20-60 points in something get a little jipped only having low lvl EQ to use

King Richie
04-28-2010, 01:27 PM
i dont fully agree but what i would like to see instead of making it so you have to have a certain amount of points in a skill eg Snipers battle crossbow lvl29 and 95dex i think legendary and epic items to do with the archer like a bow and a crossbow should be eg lvl29 and ARCHER CLASS ONLY so then every other thing can be used by other classes like a green sword would be eg lvl30 And ALL CLASSES !! i think this would be pretty cool !

Radigan
04-28-2010, 01:30 PM
i dont fully agree but what i would like to see instead of making it so you have to have a certain amount of points in a skill eg Snipers battle crossbow lvl29 and 95dex i think legendary and epic items to do with the archer like a bow and a crossbow should be eg lvl29 and ARCHER CLASS ONLY so then every other thing can be used by other classes like a green sword would be eg lvl30 And ALL CLASSES !! i think this would be pretty cool !

Class Specific Items, I like that idea, let other classes use some of them but have the really good ones specifically for each class.

Tobikuma
04-28-2010, 02:00 PM
That would actually be AWESOME

My suggestion is more for other people that divide points, which I do not.

But I still stand by Cane is more mage weapon than a warrior, maybe club, and they should have some non magic using melee weapon

FeralDruid
04-28-2010, 02:12 PM
Very simple, when I join a game and I see the tank with a Staff or Cane, Menu -> Exit Level.

I prefer class restrictions on weapons, with some lower grade weapons there for specific situations.

In example:

Mage -> 1H Sword: When stuck in Melee range

Archer -> 1H Axe: When stuck in Melee range

Warror -> Bow: For pulling single mobs in large groups

---

This would mean each class can use a secondary weapon, and for that we'd need another button for that weapon, or a toggle button to switch between them like Eliminate has. Secondary weapons should definitely be a part of this game, and require a number of points spread around to use them,

This would help my Warrior who needs a single target range attack for pulling single mobs in larger groups. I'm using taunt to pull, and sometimes I grab 3-4 mobs instead of the 1 I wanted. With enough Dex, I could equip a Bow specifically for pulls, then swap back out to my 2H.

Tobikuma
04-28-2010, 02:42 PM
However I agree with on most of that about class weaponry being specific, And the 2nd hand would be way cool.

As an archer (my main class) I kinda cring at other classes using my bows XD, I get the whole melee mage thing. But for bows, I think you just should have been archer.

Thing is With STR and INT weapons they are to similar. For warrior my sword+shield has higher DPS than any 1h or 2h weapon I have, not that I'm expert about warrior (being the last of the 3 classes I care about) but a 2h should do more then a 1h that has a shield benefit (maybe Im mistaken and there is some better weapon I have, but elf blade of darkness and conqueror axe just doesnt cut the it at DPS)
And INT weapons are just a bunch of different graphics, minus the flame that multi targets or ice that freezes.
Could we get some effects for different casting elements?
Like dark =chance def down
Lightning = Chance stun
Even a 5% chance would make it serve more purpose then a graphic as so far enemy dont have elemental weakness

Frantic
04-29-2010, 10:53 AM
The idea of a second weapon is a good one... now you have to go to your inventory and manually change it. I quick option would be awesome. I personally don't mind the weapons being mainly graphics but the added bonus would be nice.

One thing so far that I am seeing with some of these suggestions is a lot have references to what other games can do... we need to try and get this game to be different than others not a direct copy or a combination. The fundamental things sure, bring them on over. but some of these other suggestions are just aesthetics or simple gameplay changes. Lets get original guys...

Not trying to offend anyone... these are good ideas. I just want to see something different come up.