PDA

View Full Version : Question: Whats up with the Botting thing

Battlegrinder
05-10-2013, 08:17 PM
Question: What exactly are bots, when referring to players? Speculation: I've been lead to believe they are characters that use a program of some kind to automatically play the game, so that their meatbag owners can farm items without having to play the game, but that's the limit of my knowledge. Request: If someone could explain the whole issue, and why bots are such a problem, I'd appreciate it.

Lie: I am not planning on imitating HK-47 for all forum posts this week, and in fact have never heard of any such character.

joshtheboss
05-10-2013, 08:24 PM
Question: What exactly are bots, when referring to players? Speculation: I've been lead to believe they are characters that use a program of some kind to automatically play the game, so that their meatbag owners can farm items without having to play the game, but that's the limit of my knowledge. Request: If someone could explain the whole issue, and why bots are such a problem, I'd appreciate it.

Lie: I am not planning on imitating HK-47 for all forum posts this week, and in fact have never heard of any such character.

That's pretty much it. The problem is first of all it's against the tos and when people use these bots you'd be surprised how much money weeks of nonstop farming gets you which means that the player owning the bot can make millions and they do practically nothing. Also if enough bots are present it completely ruins a games economy because of massive imbalance in wealth they create. They could cause prices to double if they buy out the entire stock of an item for example. I've seen this happen in other games.

Suentous PO
05-10-2013, 09:45 PM
It's the price we pay for being able to play on chrome. Having it on a pc makes that possible, this wasn't the case before that. Your hunch is correct.

Jcyee
05-10-2013, 10:51 PM
It essentially is what uou thought it was. People bot to do things like farming or leveling. If you think you'v found one, just report that character.

DocDoBig
05-11-2013, 02:05 AM
The Trend came up when PL was released on Chrome as Click-Bots.
They were just used for PVE death farming or Plasma Pyramid Gold Farming, now they "expanded" to PVP and PVE k/d ratio farming.
Just report it in-game if you think someone is using it by doing the same things over and over and not responding to PM's.

Xbuddyjosh
05-11-2013, 11:05 AM
Wut

Fredobasy
07-01-2013, 05:07 PM
Lol runescape

SkullCrusher
07-01-2013, 05:12 PM
Lol runescape
Oh, you mean BotScape?

Suentous PO
07-01-2013, 06:03 PM
Necro scape

SkullCrusher
07-01-2013, 06:25 PM
Necro scape
Pshh....2 month necro :p. I've seen better.

Suentous PO
07-01-2013, 06:44 PM
Ain't trippin on time but that it's necro'd with nothing added for no reason Not that I care much, but new folk don't know to look at dates before they post.