PDA

View Full Version : 61 or 65 PvP Mage?

Rossoneri
05-10-2013, 09:28 PM
So im fairly new to the whole pvp scene aswell as the crafting aspect of the game.. Im currently level 60 and i was wondering if i should level to 61 or 65 as a PvP mage.. Upon given your opinion (of 61 or 65) please also inform me of which set is best to use for that level (example: lvl 61 demonic set, with a demonic staff). As far as the skill build goes i will fool around with that myself..

Basically to put it short: should i go 61 or 65 as a pvp mage, and which set should i be trying to craft (armor/helm/weapon(s))

Thank u in advance!

Deathofan
05-10-2013, 09:40 PM
You should definately go to l61 and a get a lilith wand set (also the staff if affordable), but you may also need a dragon set to be able to compete agaisnt others at this level though.

Rossoneri
05-10-2013, 09:47 PM
So can u make a check list for me if mine is wrong:

-lilith wand/bracer thingy
-lilith staff
- lilith armor/helm
- dragon armor/helm

Thanks in advance

Rossoneri
05-10-2013, 09:58 PM
It says lilith is lvl 65? How can i use it at 61?

Deathofan
05-10-2013, 09:59 PM
Yes that's perfect! As for the dragon set, you might want to get Blue set for the 1 Mana Regen and it's more useful than 1 Critical (red set) or 1 health set (green set) for a Mage. It's usually Red set > bird, blue set > mage, and green set > bear.

Deathofan
05-10-2013, 10:00 PM
Go to cs and where you see min. lv and max. lv, type 61 in max level and search lilith and that should do it.

The Godlyness
05-10-2013, 11:12 PM
I personally feel 61 PvP mage.

Also, if you properly know how to play a mage you will be able to beat most bears. I know that many say at L61, bears are king. In my opinion, I strongly feel that is not true. Why? A combination of ice and debuffs renders a bear very useless. Not only that, but when a bear is ice and debuffed, it makes pinning a mage exceptionally difficult & increases the missing of vital skills such as beckon.

Following debuffing the bear, a quick drain, fire & ice combo, followed by a quick burst of lightning will usually obliterate the bear before he has a chance to counteract.

Rossoneri
05-10-2013, 11:19 PM
Should i go for lilith armor set or dragon armor set first? And where do these lilith pieces drop?

The Godlyness
05-10-2013, 11:25 PM
Should i go for lilith armor set or dragon armor set first? And where do these lilith pieces drop?

I would highly suggest that you go for Lilith wand & shield set first. To hold you over until you are able to obtain a dragon ring, simply use one of the platinum rings. They are still very very good.

Assuming that you would be getting blue dragon set since you are a mage, here are the stats for it: Blue Ring of the Dragon: 5% hit, 10 health, 10 mana, 1 M/s, 10 damage, 5 armor

Now, when compared to a dexterity ring (assuming you will be putting in 67 dex for mage), you have a 2% Hit 10 damage ring, which is still pretty darn good.

Rossoneri
05-11-2013, 12:02 AM
Ive obtained a lilith wand/shield.. Now i just gottta figure out how to get this dragon set your talking about.. Is this blue dragon just a ring or is it armor/helm too? And how do i obtain these

The Godlyness
05-11-2013, 12:08 AM
Ive obtained a lilith wand/shield.. Now i just gottta figure out how to get this dragon set your talking about.. Is this blue dragon just a ring or is it armor/helm too? And how do i obtain these

In order to obtain a dragon set, you must first either loot a matching vanity helm and armor from the Mt. Fang bosses. The most efficient way to do that is by farming the Mt. Fang Vampire Feast map (the free version).

You can either loot them or buy them in the Consignment Shoppe. You will also need the corresponding dragon color of the vanity helm and armor. This dragon can be found in the platinum store, under vanities -> pets.

Also, if you have already taken a look at the Consignment Shoppe, you've probably realized the gold dragon set is the cheapest one. For L61-69, it is arguably the best dragon set. At L70, the black dragon set is considered the best.

Now, the reason why the gold dragon set is the cheapest is because you need to buy the dragon platinum pack in order for a chance at receiving the gold dragon, Mitas. This chance is extremely rare and there have been cases where people have spent up to 8,000 platinum and still did not obtain the gold dragon.

Once you have all the vanity armor, vanity helm, and corresponding dragon, head on over to the BlackSmoke mountain town & find the an NPC with your color dragon set. They will allow you to craft the dragon armor and helm, which you then equip with the dragon. Once this is done, you should gain an achievement and the ring should appear in your inventory.

Deathofan
05-11-2013, 12:11 AM
You need to craft your Blue Dragon set in Blacksmoke Towne and wear the dragon pet Valoria in order for you to get the ring.

Waug
05-12-2013, 03:03 AM
Level 66 int mage, this can't get better than this. Level 61 is low populated, 56s wont fight with you and you won't have any chances against level 66s.