PDA

View Full Version : help str/dex birdie?

markus
10-10-2010, 07:16 PM
Ok so I think I've narrowed my decision down to ither str birdie or dex birdie but can't decide. I picked the birdie over a shiv bear cause it just sounds like shiv bears are kinda cluncky and awkard. So my question is wich is funner to play for ppl who like huge dmg and decent survivabilty? Also for both specs how should I go about lvling and placing my points as I lvl for both specs boh str and dex. Also what is the main kinda gear I need to look for while lvling? At max lvl what's the best gear set and weps setup should I try to get? Sry for the wall of txt. Thanx for any help.

Royce
10-10-2010, 07:47 PM
Quick question, are you interested in PvP (in which case you definitely will want to go Dex) or only PvE?

TheLaw
10-10-2010, 07:55 PM
I will do some creativity here. If your doing PvE

Level 45-50 Dex Bird: Just go FULL DEX!

Str Birds:
Level 45: 138/142 Str Rest into Dex
Level %0: 154/158 Str Rest into Dex (not sure what Helm requirements are.)

Hope this Helps

Dizko
10-10-2010, 07:56 PM
I played STR bird from 30-48.

My experience was that it was a pretty fun class to play. Enemies could not sucker you by running away and shooting from a range because you have a whole bunch of range skills yourself, and you are also pretty good in close combat.
Another good point is that there is a bunch of isis/thoth gear to choose from and if you get a hold of them you will never have to use a mana pot and hp pots will only be needed if you are acting as a tank in a boss fight. It really is the poor mans class. You will save a lot of money after you invest in isis and thoth gear.

However I am no longer a str birdie. I went back to dex - mostly because I wanted to be a ranged class to begin with so why not eh? But also the damage from DEX birds is a lot more, in my experience. The problem is you die so much more as a dex birdy, especially in AO3.

So my advice would be, As you approach swamp level and thereafter, go STR. Then when around 48 you can change back if you want to, and hopefully not suffer as much as you will have better knowledge and a little more beef.

I like STR and DEX birds equally for different reasons. I recommend you give them both a try.

markus
10-10-2010, 07:57 PM
I love both aspects of mmorpgs. I love killing bosses and getting that one elusive piece of loot that you been trying to get forever. But I also love beating the s*** out of somone in pvp and messin with them about it. What's best for lvling and getting gear first, then at max lvl geared out wich is funner for both aspects of game?

Dizko
10-10-2010, 08:00 PM
For levelling, STR birdy will die a lot less so i guess its faster. Its completely useless in PVP though.

Getting gear, farming, is a different story. A STR bird will probabaly not be able to tank AO3 bosses as well as a bear could, so consider going DEX to help kill the bosses faster at lvl 50.

markus
10-10-2010, 08:15 PM
So lvling to 50 str birdie will be cheaper, faster, and easier. At 50 dex will be a bit more sturdy then lower lvl dex birds plus have a crap ton more dmg? With my 50 dex bird farm gear and then its str bird for pve and dex bird for pvp? Str bird is not so much ranged as dex bird right?
So how should I spec as lvling all into str or like some in dex? Like up to lvl 10 do all dex then go str or somthing or just go all out str and don't worry about dex.
And can I get best pvp and pve spec for birdies?
Also best gear to get at max lvl for both specs?
I know that's a lot of questions but iam greatfull for any help I can get!

Dose lower lvl like 1-30 lvl gear matter or will I fly by content to fast worry about it till I get the thoth and isis gear he was talking about?

Arterra
10-10-2010, 08:19 PM
For levelling, STR birdy will die a lot less so i guess its faster. Its completely useless in PVP though.

Getting gear, farming, is a different story. A STR bird will probabaly not be able to tank AO3 bosses as well as a bear could, so consider going DEX to help kill the bosses faster at lvl 50.
WEEEELL
1)the fact that a dex birdy can kite and hit with a lot of dps makes him a tough cookie to kill, and i think off hand my lv 33 dexy has less deaths than my lvl 15 str one lol...
2)a str bird in ao3 is probably one of the most useful things i can think of right now: get a few of these together and you have moderate survivability and heart-stopping debuff-stacking. have a mage in the back and a tank in the front and bye-bye overlord (with 2 birds who knew their stuff i took down the overlord in less than a minute... not one death)

So lvling to 50 str birdie will be cheaper, faster, and easier. At 50 dex will be a bit more sturdy then lower lvl dex birds plus have a crap ton more dmg? With my 50 dex bird farm gear and then its str bird for pve and dex bird for pvp? Str bird is not so much ranged as dex bird right?
So how should I spec as lvling all into str or like some in dex? Like up to lvl 10 do all dex then go str or somthing or just go all out str and don't worry about dex.

Dose lower lvl like 1-30 lvl gear matter or will I fly by content to fast worry about it till I get the thoth and isis gear he was talking about?

for stats look ahead on items you want in later levels to determine the minimum str required, and the rest in dex should work just fine.

you will want like all str people as much h/s as you can get and a croc item to get you through the time between meditations.

markus
10-10-2010, 08:30 PM
Iam confused now is dex better to lvl then str?

Arterra
10-10-2010, 08:33 PM
dex bird is just one of the best classes really due to killer dps, stackable debuff and well ranged. more armor than int too.

i like dex to go ahead and play with, but i have to say a str bird is just crazy fun to see wandering around with a giant sword. sacrifices a little damage on skills but gains the survivability to make some (obsolete) skills like restore feasible i think.

edit: also i recall that bears have a tendency to miss their slashes if they went out of range. considering the birds ranged skills no problemo.

markus
10-10-2010, 08:46 PM
Still undecided about wich I want...... think ill just playu both and decided. However str sounds in theory like it would be a lot more sturdy but the dex bird sounds really fun. If I could just get more ideas from ppl to try and form a opinion on wich to ry first. I still have a few months to think about it till it comes to android.

Royce
10-10-2010, 08:57 PM
Still undecided about wich I want...... think ill just playu both and decided. However str sounds in theory like it would be a lot more sturdy but the dex bird sounds really fun. If I could just get more ideas from ppl to try and form a opinion on wich to ry first. I still have a few months to think about it till it comes to android.

If you're gonna try both and just want to know which do play first, I'd say try the Dex bird first. I love my Str bird, and find it more fun to play. However, you can't PvP effectively with a Str bird currently, and they have good survivability but still require more pot chugging than a Dex bird because of being in melee combat (at range you will take less damage, but be more likely to get 1-shot critted as a Dex character), so Dex bird is cheaper to level. Also, while the warbird is a lot of fun to play, pure archer is the most overpowered class in the game currently so that alone is kinda fun ;)

Arterra
10-10-2010, 09:08 PM
well yea if first character dex bird is pretty good idea since it lets you figure out the workings of a bird from a safe distance lool.
it's a good idea to try 30 levels of each pure class b4 going hybrid with it, since it lends the best understanding of how it all works.