PDA

View Full Version : Please change gale force

bluotaku
05-11-2013, 12:50 PM
Sorcs are supposed to be masters of CC, but gale force often makes CC harder. There's nothing better than gale blowing enemies out of Time or scattering them, making it harder to freeze or fireball groups of them or for the tanks to maintain aggro.

I propose that instead of blowing them away, gale force should suck them in so that mobs get grouped up. This would allow for nice combos: suck in, knockdown, group freeze, etc.

What do you guys think?

Bless
05-11-2013, 01:23 PM
God this is so true, very well worded. People hate mages sometimes for scattering mobs away from skills eg. timeshift, root, windmill

drgrimmy
05-11-2013, 01:43 PM
I like it how it is. I must admit, it is hard to get used to, and I often still make mistakes scattering
mobs, but I find it usefull to blow ranged enemies into the melee enemies and into the kill zone.
It is also good for concentrating mobs against a wall or in a corner. Without a rogue with trap
it can otherwise be hard to super concentrate a mob. I use the skill without the aoe upgrade so
I can control it better. There is a sweet spot in terms of the distance enemies need to be away
from you to effectively blow them. Once you figure this out you can position yourself effectively
to blow ranged enemies into a mob without blowing the mob. Also mobs stunned by fireball
generally do not get blown. So if you want to hit a whole mob without blowing them, try stunning
them with fireball first. I actually consider it an integral part of my build at this point and would
be unhappy if they change it...

Eversor
05-11-2013, 03:52 PM
I like it how it is. I must admit, it is hard to get used to, and I often still make mistakes scattering
mobs, but I find it usefull to blow ranged enemies into the melee enemies and into the kill zone.
It is also good for concentrating mobs against a wall or in a corner. Without a rogue with trap
it can otherwise be hard to super concentrate a mob. I use the skill without the aoe upgrade so
I can control it better. There is a sweet spot in terms of the distance enemies need to be away
from you to effectively blow them. Once you figure this out you can position yourself effectively
to blow ranged enemies into a mob without blowing the mob. Also mobs stunned by fireball
generally do not get blown. So if you want to hit a whole mob without blowing them, try stunning
them with fireball first. I actually consider it an integral part of my build at this point and would
be unhappy if they change it...

I'm with you on this. As a warrior I love it when a sorcerer can blow stray mobs into me while I've got the rest surrounding me against a wall. Just like you said this tactic seems to work better without the aoe upgrade. And a sorcerer pulling mobs in towards themselves in an elite map sounds like a good way to die. If any class should be able to pull mobs in, it should be a warrior.

Altic
05-11-2013, 05:47 PM
Sorcs are supposed to be masters of CC, but gale force often makes CC harder. There's nothing better than gale blowing enemies out of Time or scattering them, making it harder to freeze or fireball groups of them or for the tanks to maintain aggro.

I propose that instead of blowing them away, gale force should suck them in so that mobs get grouped up. This would allow for nice combos: suck in, knockdown, group freeze, etc.

What do you guys think?

That would be nice, BUT if it did suck them into a group, a few things would need to be done.

If it sucks them to your position, it should have VERY little threat, no threat, or i prefere it reduces your current threat.
Having a bunch of mobs angry at you while on your head can mean bad news for your face.
OR
Instead of pulling them on top of you, it can group them up a little further than melee range in front of you.
I think that would be MUCH more safe lol.

And i don't remember the specific perks you can get on the skills but possibly re-do or replace one with a new one that slows, snares, or roots them when it's charged, (Possibly stun them, but that may be too powerful...lol) so they don't spread back out immediately.

Possible Epic Combo: Suck them in with Charged Gale. Charged Time Warp. Charged Fireball (Stun, and hits more enemies), Etc. Etc. Etc.
lol.

Rare
05-11-2013, 07:53 PM

What do you guys think?

You have to know how to use it. It's a great skill. I use it religiously. Please don't change it.

Btw, it's great for running behind those archers and gunners and blowing them into the crowd. Then dropping a clock and fireball = pwned