PDA

View Full Version : Entangled Bow of Tactics bugged.

Spicy1
05-11-2013, 07:29 PM
Been playing around and testing the weapon and the description on it claims that entangling pool should be snaring and damaging enemies, for me it only snares. Doesnt do damage, check it out please. Atleast before you tomorrow release the update to buff this. :)

Jellowpy
05-11-2013, 07:34 PM
Same for me no damage

bluotaku
05-12-2013, 04:27 PM
I hope they fix this for you and don't pull a Captain's Axe and say, "Oh, it was a typo. It doesn't really do that."

Serancha
05-12-2013, 09:53 PM
I tested the entangling bow on the mobs in elite windmoore harbor and the entangling pool had no noticeable effect at all. The mobs were able to move out of the pool with no problem - apparently not bothered by it in the least. The bosses in the elite mines didn't appear to get slowed by it either. I'm wondering if the snare is actually working at all. And yeah, there's no damage from it either. I was going to wait until after the update to test it again, but since this thread is here, I figured I'd add my observations.

I don't know if the update is intended to adjust this, but it seems that having an aoe of the pool the size of an uncharged shadow veil is less than impressive, especially compared to the sorcerer weapon's proc. Perhaps having it cover a bit more area would make this weapon more "mythic" in actuality? Just a thought.

Zuzeq
05-12-2013, 11:16 PM
I experienced the opposite. Very low damage but no root effect. Green Shadow Veil looks awesome, it would be better if it worked. Agreed with above, the Mythic Gun has a Godly Rune splitting the heavens and crash down all awesome like to buff everyone...yeah bad a**! Never been jealous of a Mage til today...lol. Please fix Bow STS.

Zuzeq
05-13-2013, 12:11 AM
Must bump

Spicy1
05-13-2013, 05:07 AM
I experienced the opposite. Very low damage but no root effect. Green Shadow Veil looks awesome, it would be better if it worked. Agreed with above, the Mythic Gun has a Godly Rune splitting the heavens and crash down all awesome like to buff everyone...yeah bad a**! Never been jealous of a Mage til today...lol. Please fix Bow STS.

It doesn't have root effect, only snare which slows enemies down. And it slows enemies down but it isnt so noticeable. Also i just tested it again without pets or anything, just used normal charged attack on mobs of different lvls and in different elites. And entangling pool (the green circle on the ground) doesn't do any damage at all. Also snare effect is bad. If this is supposed to be mythic weapon, I'm disappointed even with the occuring buffs coming because the proc on mountains teeth for example is alot better..

kohezja
05-13-2013, 06:00 AM
Same with me. Low damage and just goodlooking buff is not pretty mythic.

Wysyłane z mojego GT-I9100 za pomocą Tapatalk 2

Zuzeq
05-13-2013, 09:00 AM
It doesn't have root effect, only snare which slows enemies down. And it slows enemies down but it isnt so noticeable. Also i just tested it again without pets or anything, just used normal charged attack on mobs of different lvls and in different elites. And entangling pool (the green circle on the ground) doesn't do any damage at all. Also snare effect is bad. If this is supposed to be mythic weapon, I'm disappointed even with the occuring buffs coming because the proc on mountains teeth for example is alot better..

True enough Spice. I figured an entangle pool was going to have a similar effect as the Trap skill.

Mjolstin
05-13-2013, 10:33 AM
I went in to the Jurn Woods and played around with this, it's definitely doing damage. I did notice that if you have a decent group the mobs will die pretty quick in normals and in elites the damage from your team mates kinda masks the damage it does. However it does indeed do it's damage. It was doing 115-130 for my rogue on jurn woods normal.

Zuzeq
05-13-2013, 11:24 AM
I went in to the Jurn Woods and played around with this, it's definitely doing damage. I did notice that if you have a decent group the mobs will die pretty quick in normals and in elites the damage from your team mates kinda masks the damage it does. However it does indeed do it's damage. It was doing 115-130 for my rogue on jurn woods normal.

Thank you for viewing the issue. I think to major problem is the lack of Snare/root effect of the proc. As stated above, i did notice damage being done. The issue is the mob/boss is able to move far too feely while being effected by the proc.

Spicy1
05-13-2013, 02:59 PM
Thank you for viewing the issue. I think to major problem is the lack of Snare/root effect of the proc. As stated above, i did notice damage being done. The issue is the mob/boss is able to move far too feely while being effected by the proc.

I think you and Mjolstin both used skills and pets while testing. I don't see numbers flying when enemies entered the proc area. Only saw the initial damage from regular bow shot. Also i understood from the info on bow proc that it's dot not just single burst of damage. Which one is it? Havent tested weapon after the update yet but I will soon enough.

Zuzeq
05-13-2013, 03:06 PM
Don't even look at your bow yet. No changes until later this week. Stash the trash for now and equip back your Bonechill.

Spicy1
05-13-2013, 05:13 PM
Don't even look at your bow yet. No changes until later this week. Stash the trash for now and equip back your Bonechill.

Yup, just saw that. I'm disappointed that they released these weapons without enough testing. :( Hopefully it will be good and without bugs when they release the buffed version.

Spicy1
05-13-2013, 06:36 PM
I just conducted more testing. It seems entangling pool really does damage. But it doesn't show actual numbers, noticed only mobs health draining. So i guess it still does make the proc bugged, not as badly as i thought though. Anyhow, would like to see how much actually it does damage, like the bonechill bow shows the extra damage on proc. :)

Spicy1
05-15-2013, 04:28 PM
I just conducted more testing. It seems entangling pool really does damage. But it doesn't show actual numbers, noticed only mobs health draining. So i guess it still does make the proc bugged, not as badly as i thought though. Anyhow, would like to see how much actually it does damage, like the bonechill bow shows the extra damage on proc. :)

Bumping this up for devs to see this.

Zuzeq
05-15-2013, 07:55 PM
Bumping this up for devs to see this.

Same

Zuzeq
05-16-2013, 10:03 AM
yup

Lojack
05-16-2013, 11:34 AM
From the forum rules:

5. Non-Constructive posts are prohibited.
Bumping posts in order to keep them near the top of the list is also prohibited.

So, stop doing it, please.

Zuzeq
05-16-2013, 01:53 PM
From the forum rules:

5. Non-Constructive posts are prohibited.
Bumping posts in order to keep them near the top of the list is also prohibited.

So, stop doing it, please.

Understood, please direct your attention to the traders market where it happens on an average on 30 times a day. I'm just looking for a solution to a legit issue or a simple "we are on it".

Lojack
05-16-2013, 02:45 PM
I just spent some time checking it. The proc damages enemies in the circle (as long as they remain in the circle) and applies a snare like it's supposed to.

Carapace
05-16-2013, 05:06 PM
It should be noted that some Elite mobs are inherently immune to snare and root effects, so depending on the mob you are testing on it may not have an effect by design.

Bosses definitely fit into this category.

Zuzeq
05-16-2013, 05:16 PM
Thank you guys for looking into this. Thank you twice for todays nice update(:

Spicy1
05-16-2013, 07:18 PM
I just spent some time checking it. The proc damages enemies in the circle (as long as they remain in the circle) and applies a snare like it's supposed to.

As I stated earlier, it worked already correctly before update. Only thing that was missing was actual dmg display in numbers, haven't checked after the update how it is. Anyway, thanks guys. Atleast now the bow is useful :)

Zuzeq
05-17-2013, 09:16 AM
It should be noted that some Elite mobs are inherently immune to snare and root effects, so depending on the mob you are testing on it may not have an effect by design.

Bosses definitely fit into this category.

After more than just a little bit of testing the proc seems to be a rool of the dice after the update. Spiders in Elite Caverns are on locked down and taking damage. Elite bosses are taking damge as well (but no snare as you said). Now, the pigs in normal Oltgar take damage, but no snare. The same pigs in Elite Oltgar...locked down. The wolfs in Elite...lock down. The wolfs in normal map run right through. Weirdness.... All in all I love to weapon, you guys did an awesome job.