PDA

View Full Version : Sniper1?

Deathofan
05-11-2013, 08:05 PM
If everyone remembers ED then this will sound familiar. I was in a guild called "Sniping" for some time ago and the GM was sniper, but since I went inactive for a few weeks, few changes had been done to the guild. A few days when I came back to the guild I Pm'ed Sniper in a Forest Fight game and he said he was someone else, not the real Sniper, so he said he asked Support if he could have the name since the real one got *you know what* so they granted him the name and in the way he got another bird named "Sniper1" and is currently the GM of the guild. So is Support showing some kind of favoritism towards few players? How did they gave him a name with a number on it?

Zeus
05-11-2013, 08:10 PM
What happens is usually if a dev forgets to remove the chars name first, and grants the name, the system assigns a numerical value. I know there was a glitch where you could abuse the system to receive numerical names.

I would go through the process but I do not want more people thinking they are special and abusing it.

Renames are currently done now depending on the dev. They aren't showing favoritism, but it is a decision that support handles on a case by case basis (depending on the dev you get, he will say yes or no).

So, to answer your question, no favoritism, but just luck of the draw.

Deathofan
05-11-2013, 08:29 PM
Thanks, never knew many people had the name sniper. I used to think that devs would manually rename your character to the selected one and give a proper (only letters) name to the old one, but now it makes sense how Rush and kan got their names with random letters on them some time ago. Thanks again for the clear up!

Extreme
05-11-2013, 10:30 PM
Lol this happen to my behr..

Promagin
05-11-2013, 10:40 PM
Advising is sniper.

dudetus
05-12-2013, 11:16 AM
What happens is usually if a dev forgets to remove the chars name first, and grants the name, the system assigns a numerical value. I know there was a glitch where you could abuse the system to receive numerical names.

I would go through the process but I do not want more people thinking they are special and abusing it.

Renames are currently done now depending on the dev. They aren't showing favoritism, but it is a decision that support handles on a case by case basis (depending on the dev you get, he will say yes or no).

So, to answer your question, no favoritism, but just luck of the draw.

I tried to get my name changed just recently and I received an answer that support doesn't give names that are reserved no matter how long it has been since last login.

Thanks a lot u name selling jerks. If u weren't 12 years old kiddies, I would punch every single one of u quite hard to the face.

Aracnus
05-12-2013, 11:19 AM
I tried to get my name changed just recently and I received an answer that support doesn't give names that are reserved no matter how long it has been since last login.

Thanks a lot u name selling jerks. If u weren't 12 years old kiddies, I would punch every single one of u quite hard to the face.

How are the names reserved? PL was the first STS game

Deathofan
05-12-2013, 01:03 PM
The guy who was selling two names in the trading section got away with it, so that's probably the only solution in case support denies your name request.

dudetus
05-12-2013, 01:46 PM
How are the names reserved? PL was the first STS game

By reserved I meant ppl who created a char but have long since abandoned playing PL.

razerfingers
05-12-2013, 01:59 PM
I blame the noobs that get names and try to sell.

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall.

Aracnus
05-12-2013, 03:01 PM
By reserved I meant ppl who created a char but have long since abandoned playing PL.

Ah.. i have tried to do this with SL names too.. They replied they're "unavailable"

Wendellism
05-12-2013, 11:31 PM
Name sellers ain't banned yet? Didn't a certain post implied a certain sumthing?

Well, technically speaking, it isn't. Not according to STS's TOS. It's been said many times that when something doesn't fit in the trading window it shouldn't be traded.

Does that make it alright? Definitely not. I'm just saying that according to STS' s TOS the one doing something wrong might be the OP, as harsh as that might sound.

A. It's not allowed to trade items outside the game for in game gold
B. It's against the forum TOS to call people out like this.