PDA

View Full Version : A Little Upset

Burton
10-10-2010, 11:44 PM
With the introduction of ao3 and the new rift, void, and cosmos items I became a little upset for the following reasons:

As a paladin, I want a high m/s but have to use str items. In the old days that was no problem because Thoth was a possible suffix for all of the ao2 pinks which was how I got the m/s I desired.

With the new items, however, rift only applies to str items, void only applies to dex, and cosmos only applies to int. This upsets me because in order for me, as a paladin, to get a high m/s, I have to use old ao2 Thoth lvl 50 items because those are the only str items that provide a good m/s. I'm upset because I don't get to take advantage of the new items (besides weapons because I will use a rift weapon) that I was looking forward to using.

Here are the stats i came up with (for paladin i'll be using the level 45 items with the lvl 50 items in parenthesis)

Paladin - Mynas Thoth Helm, 10 armor (11), Mynas Thoth Plate, 65 armor (72), Thoth Scarab Buckler, 25 armor (pharoah's thoth shield 27 armor), Total = 100 (110)
*compared to*
Pure Mage - Overlord's Cosmos Helm, 17 armor, Mirage Cosmos Robe, 67 armor, Gorgox Cosmos Eye, 23 armor, Total = 107

Well would you look at that. A pure mage using a cosmos set has more armor than a paladin using a full lvl 45 thoth set (because lvl 50 thoth is rare). Yes i realize a paladin has more health but the point i'm trying to make here is the huge armor sacrifice a paladin has to make (because they have to use thoth items for m/s because rift has 0 m/s) in order to get a high m/s.

A set of rift armor adds up to 156 total armor. So that is a 56 armor sacrifice paladins now have to make (compared to the slight sacrifice of like 3-5 armor in the old days). I really think the devs are pushing for everyone to switch to pures now.

Kingofhurtz
10-10-2010, 11:58 PM
I think they're encouraging people to go back to pures and now pures do have an upper hand...

Inching
10-11-2010, 12:56 AM
agreed... can't keep having the best of both worlds

Royce
10-11-2010, 01:07 AM
Paladins should have some sacrifice for wearing armor, and stat driven skills just isn't enough. However I think zero M/s on Str gear is a little overboard.

haroldiv
10-11-2010, 01:16 AM
I think they're encouraging people to go back to pures and now pures do have an upper hand...

Except void stuff seems to be built for dex Mage...

Jsaieagle
10-11-2010, 06:51 AM
I think dev is fair this time. Rift has got too high armor (161!!) while void and cosmos got 120 armors only...

You have to give up one rift for m/s or you can use a whole set of rift for unbreakable armor.... this is fair and this makes the game balance! If rift gives enough h/s, m/s and unstoppable armor, there is no any reason for wearing cosmos and void...

Good job dev! :D

Riccits
10-11-2010, 07:17 AM
6m/s would be enough for a paladin.. some changes on rift would be nice :)

TheLaw
10-11-2010, 07:20 AM
Jsaieagle, I dont agree on that because as you can see, Tankers get real up-close to attack while Avians and Mages stay back and attack. Tankers should have some H/s and M/s in their armor to be more fair. Because if you can see, mages and avians wont need that much armor as they mostly enjoy the breeze at the back and help rebuff/debuff bosses. (not saying that mages and avians are not good, I support all classes)

Jsaieagle
10-11-2010, 07:29 AM
Hi TheLaw, I got you but if tanks are further overpowered..... only tanks are allowed for pvp..
In pve, tanks can take pots for mp or they can use one thoth item for the mp regen. Tanks use little mp for their spells only so 6m/s is actually enough for the mp regen.

I just want to express my opinions, I don't want to start any forum wars ;) you know what I mean

Dr.R
10-11-2010, 07:41 AM
Except void stuff seems to be built for dex Mage...

Dex mage kinda rock =]

TheLaw
10-11-2010, 07:50 AM
I get what you mean Jsaieagle, i dont oppose your ideas too, just suggesting a few things and IM NOT GONNA WASTE MY MONEY ON FRIGGIN POTS! Already contributed over 100k there.. So i think it would be balanced if the mages kept their stats, archers get more H/s and Warriors add 2 H/s and 2 M/s per piece :)
one big happy family then :)

Jsaieagle
10-11-2010, 07:58 AM
Hmmm maybe you are right TheLaw :)

Because of the m/s problem, I did switching my tank into int bear in cosmos, not bad... have a try ;)

TheLaw
10-11-2010, 08:03 AM
I know Jsaieagle, my IntBear rocks Ao3 with just a Laser Wand and full isis.

Dr.R
10-11-2010, 08:04 AM
rift items should have 4 hs and 1 ms... maybe they should make armor for only intbirds to wear =]

Burton
10-11-2010, 08:30 AM
I'm not saying to change the stats of rift armor to give more m/s. I'm saying that, like the old days, the suffixes rift, void, and cosmos should be universal and can apply to any class.

For example: Force kite shield of the cosmos. It would provide the good armor because it is a str item but gives m/s because it is "of the cosmos".

BeardedBear
10-11-2010, 09:31 AM
Paladins should have some sacrifice for wearing armor, and stat driven skills just isn't enough. However I think zero M/s on Str gear is a little overboard.

Yeah, it is. I managed to find a Thoth lvl 50 helm before they went extinct, but this is not a solution for most. Please fix this devs!

BeardedBear
10-11-2010, 09:33 AM

Please tell me what would make you say something like this. Void gear for dex, gives birds way too much m/s. Rift gear gives no m/s at all. And Cosmos gear gives plenty of h/s and m/s.

Doesn;t suit 2 out of 3 pure classes.

The only thing I can see so far is that dex mages were in mind when Void gear was made.

Riccits
10-11-2010, 09:34 AM
does the ao2 pinks items lvl 50 not exist anymore in ao3??

Dr.R
10-11-2010, 09:41 AM
they are asking us to turn into mage >.< oh no... imagine that a whole group of cosmos people.... no tankers at all.

Azrael
10-11-2010, 10:08 AM
You know the real issue here is the devs don't make "sets" in that every piece of rift or cosmos armor has the exact same stats. Thats justs making an armor type. If your gonna pursue a set concept, each piece should have different stats and should bring a player to a final, ideal stat load-out by the time the entire set is collected (edit: or a portion of everything but you get the point). Especially when there are only TWO PIECES OF ARMOR to collect.

Either make ever class have every armor type available to them like before, or just start copying WOW. In fact.. Just start copying WOW, its easier and its better.

cry
10-11-2010, 10:22 AM
Dex mage kinda rock =]

Ever PvP with one x)?

Rarefew2
10-11-2010, 10:58 AM
Three thoths and a rift shield

Burton
10-11-2010, 01:52 PM
Well I just figured out that if, as a paladin, i were to use 3 lvl 50 thoth str items and a rift sword, i would end up with like 50 less armor than if i had a rift armor set. I think that is a pretty big handicap. And seeing how any boss in ao3 can 1 hit a buffed paladin, that 50 armor makes a huge difference and the lack of it makes paladins almost as weak as pure int mages.

Burton
10-11-2010, 01:56 PM
I'd even go as far as saying that i might respec my pally to pure mage because i bet that a set of cosmos armor provides more armor than a set of 45 thoth str armor(or 50 if i can find it).

Here are the stats i came up with (for paladin i'll be using the level 45 items with the lvl 50 items in parenthesis)

Paladin - Mynas Thoth Helm, 10 armor (11), Mynas Thoth Plate, 65 armor (72), Thoth Scarab Buckler, 25 armor (pharoah's thoth shield 27 armor), Total = 100 (110)
*compared to*
Pure Mage - Overlord's Cosmos Helm, 17 armor, Mirage Cosmos Robe, 67 armor, Gorgox Cosmos Eye, 23 armor, Total = 107

Well would you look at that. A pure mage using a cosmos set has more armor than a paladin using a full lvl 45 thoth set (because lvl 50 thoth is rare)

Royce
10-11-2010, 02:01 PM
Well I just figured out that if, as a paladin, i were to use 3 lvl 50 thoth str items and a rift sword, i would end up with like 50 less armor than if i had a rift armor set. I think that is a pretty big handicap. And seeing how any boss in ao3 can 1 hit a buffed paladin, that 50 armor makes a huge difference and the lack of it makes paladins almost as weak as pure int mages.

Not really. Even with a couple of Thoth pieces, you will have much higher armor than an Int mage in the best level 50 gear (not to mention health). I think there should be a tradeoff for a mage wearing heavy armor. As I said zero M/s on Str gear is a little drastic IMO, but I really hope they don't just make cosmos and void available to all classes. We currently have the most balanced gear since the swamps IMO.

Burton
10-11-2010, 02:08 PM
Well yes i did take into consideration the extra health a paladin has. But i am still considering switching to pure mage because the stats i have just posted show that a pure mage would have more armor (unless a paladin can find a set of lvl 50 thoth)

Edit: Woohoo senior member

Royce
10-11-2010, 02:15 PM
Well yes i did take into consideration the extra health a paladin has. But i am still considering switching to pure mage because the stats i have just posted show that a pure mage would have more armor (unless a paladin can find a set of lvl 50 thoth)

Edit: Woohoo senior member

Well my pally's getting by with 2 Thoth pieces, and if you really think you need more regen than that, then yeah respec. If you use a nice AO3 weapon and armor, with Thoth helm and shield, you will have much higher armor, and better damage than an Int mage, and you shouldn't be spamming skills anyway as a melee character (yes I know pallys have gotten used to playing as heavily armored Int mages, but it shouldn't be that way IMO).

Burton
10-11-2010, 02:17 PM
Lol I do like to use skills alot but maybe i can try to get by with 15 m/s. If not then i will most likely respec.

Or just throw my pally down the drain and be happy with the 156 armor my tank can now enjoy.

Gaabob
10-11-2010, 02:47 PM
Heck I love ms for all my characters. 8-10 for tank/bird, 20+ for Mage/pally. Specials and combos do wayyyy more damage on average than just weapons, therefore you kill stuff faster. I'm going to have trouble keeping ms on those other characters when I'm equipping rift/void :/

Royce
10-11-2010, 03:11 PM
Heck I love ms for all my characters. 8-10 for tank/bird, 20+ for Mage/pally. Specials and combos do wayyyy more damage on average than just weapons, therefore you kill stuff faster. I'm going to have trouble keeping ms on those other characters when I'm equipping rift/void :/

:confused: Void has tons of M/s, so not sure what you mean there. For a paladin, you can still combo to your heart's content, if that's what you want to do. Just conserve mana by not casting other spell that don't combo (most of your spells) as frequently.

Arkantos
10-11-2010, 06:06 PM
i think every one is talking about pve but they have pvp in the back of there minds and they dont want bears overpowered.

Raxie
10-12-2010, 12:16 AM
well, if you are not happy with your paladin and you want to change to int because you die a lot, you die even more when you are an int mage...
a paladin has more survivability rate than a pure mage. just use three thoth and one rift; you don't need that high armour. paladins aren't even meant to tank; they are just a sturdier version of pure mages.

Jsaieagle
10-12-2010, 03:51 AM
i think every one is talking about pve but they have pvp in the back of there minds and they dont want bears overpowered.

tanks are already overpowered.... aren't they?

RedRyder
10-12-2010, 10:05 AM
glad to see im not the only one here. ive been pally all through ao2 and now im working on getting cosmo's for when i hit 50 in 1.2 more levels to go back to pure...
i liked being a mage and being able to duke it out on the battlefield while being lifesupport. but looks like thats been nuked too :/

twas fun while it lasted

cry
10-12-2010, 10:25 AM
tanks are already overpowered.... aren't they?

Counter with pure dexterity archers.

Burton
10-12-2010, 04:03 PM
well, if you are not happy with your paladin and you want to change to int because you die a lot, you die even more when you are an int mage...
a paladin has more survivability rate than a pure mage. just use three thoth and one rift; you don't need that high armour. paladins aren't even meant to tank; they are just a sturdier version of pure mages.

It's not that I'm dying alot it's just that paladins have less armor than pure mages at lvl 50. I am considering using 2 rift pieces and 2 Thoth pieces but I'll have to see if I can get by with 5 less m/s. The only benefits paladins have over pure mages is more dps and more health. But pure mages now have more armor, higher hitting Mage skills and can attack from a distance.