PDA

View Full Version : Allway's getting shoved around by other classes!

Dinosaurus
05-13-2013, 11:42 AM
Why do we always be pushed around by warriors that need a heal or rogues that spammed too much skills and want mana! Its bad enough we get called smurf,midget,dwarf,little and most of all... MEDIC!
we can set things on fire with a touch of a button but were still classed as a medic! The reason being is that we have low armour and usually low health so people asume healing is the only thing were good at.

If youre tired of being pushed around by other classes please like this post and put a reply in the reply box thing!

jb57542
05-13-2013, 11:52 AM
I personally fell sorceres don't get pushed around as much this season as in previous. With each new lvl cap our high DMG and crowd control abilities is becoming more and more obvious as s necessity.

Almost all good elite run teams require a sorcerer to keep the mobs from beating the rogue and warriors to death. In addition I've joined many PvP teams that were getting owned and when I start shooting one well times fireball into the mix the whole dynamics of the match changes.

We sorcerers are a strong class and I feel we'll be getting stronger with each new update.

Yakiniku
05-13-2013, 12:14 PM
Yea, it's not too bad. I actually feel needed these days as a Sorc. We dominate normal mode, help a lot in elite mode and are useful in pvp if we can keep from getting killed. Though I believe the timed runs are still dominated by full Rogue teams, but hey can't have it all.

Simple solution to a pushy group: just leave. :) I actually heal, and I heal a LOT. But when people get demanding my Lifegiver button mysteriously stops working lol.

yang90
05-13-2013, 12:17 PM
you feel that bcause you dont play with decent players, a decent warrior or rogue knows the healing aggro of mages, and if you die you cant help them with your high damage, stunning and freezing.
what I feel when im in party many of the mob killed is by me and if its not me the half of their health is done by me... so reconsider your opinion... and only heal when theres not a lot mobs around or step back and heal yourself and at least one team member..... so if your team doesnt like the way you play that kind of bad players will no party you anyore and decent players will come very soon bcause you shows that you know what are doing ;-p
promise

wawawa64
05-13-2013, 01:18 PM
with the lower aggro from lifegiver now, there is no reason to not spamming that skill since you gain mana from it (provided you don't die from it, you need to time it well with)

when I played my mage, I usually try to heal people as much as I can because if they don't need to worry about mana, they can tank/dps faster and it just benefits the whole party.

now, if people are rude and demanding you to heal, maybe you can just quit that group. But if you ran into these people all the time, maybe you can consider changing your playing style a little, since IMO, PVE is a team work, if you healing them as much as you can, there's no reason from them to complain.

Azemeazed
05-13-2013, 01:27 PM
lower agro is still not enough :-(
at least if you have high dmg... but lowering dmg to get less agro is not an option, not for me at least :-)
players i play with knows about agro and dont demand it from me, i dont have that problem. try joining good guilds with good and expirienced players and you can play with them all the time.
and yes, mage is very good in pve and in pvp, i agree with yang90, yakiniku and jb57542.

Deadroth
05-13-2013, 02:40 PM
Yep... What? Don't look at me like that! XD

I know i have rogue... But i came back to my mage :)

I decided to swich cuz rogue aren't good in AOE kills... Who cares the better armor and health when they haven't got enough mana to kill #sarcasm...

So.. Mages! Go Go Go!!!... to papa smurf hut XD

Roth

falmear
05-13-2013, 05:50 PM
People who ask for mana are people who can't afford to buy pots. Thats why they ask for mana. Also I feel its not my job to make someone elses character playable. When warriors don't use their horn to save the party when some massive aoe damage is about to happen, do I shout 'heal!' No I just get out of the way and watch others die. I don't ask to be healed and I just ignore others who ask me. They can rage quit if they want. Thats always good for a laugh.

bluotaku
05-13-2013, 06:25 PM
I personally fell sorceres don't get pushed around as much this season as in previous. With each new lvl cap our high DMG and crowd control abilities is becoming more and more obvious as s necessity.

Almost all good elite run teams require a sorcerer to keep the mobs from beating the rogue and warriors to death. In addition I've joined many PvP teams that were getting owned and when I start shooting one well times fireball into the mix the whole dynamics of the match changes.

We sorcerers are a strong class and I feel we'll be getting stronger with each new update.

Yes, we are really helpful for elite runs.
Now if devs could just do something to make us more useful in elite mines...and give us a purpose in PvP besides supporting and making other classes better (rogues get all the kills, warriors get all the flag, we get all the deaths), or at least give us a stat to show our value/worth.

drgrimmy
05-13-2013, 06:27 PM
Shove them back with the push of your oracle guns or with a blast of gale! But seriously, just
ignore them. Most good rogues or tanks I play with never ask for health or mana in PvE. Any
good player realizes that your lifegiver makes a minascule dent in the vast number of pots
needed to run elites. I think that the crowd control of your skills is much more important in
that regard. In PvP I find if I want to survive longer it is in my best interest to keep
my teammates topped off in health and mana. It is still annoying when randoms yell at you
for mana. I like the suggestion of just joining the other team and killing them :)

Linkincena
05-13-2013, 11:18 PM
Ultimately Sorcerers will emerge more powerful XD

ryantat
08-26-2013, 11:07 PM
Money from quests are enough to buy a lot of potions. Don't care them.

Nesox
09-05-2013, 01:51 PM
I have completely given up on Heal for PvE. When asked for mana I simply tell them to use pots like the rest of us. I have been called a noob and I responded with: "who is more noob; an offensive mage or a level 3x player who still cant manage their own mana?"

klayble
09-06-2013, 06:41 AM
I partly agree with you,because the word smurf,medic/healer is quite okay with me.We Sorcerers are extremely good at handling mobs.And we do not deserve to be called midget and small,or little.Players saying small words about sorcerers is like us saying fat to warriors lol joke.We sorcerers have a big role to Arlor. Even if our health is small..then stand out a little bit from the crowd. Our skills are long range too. Hail the race of the SORCERERS!!!

chitgoks
09-11-2013, 10:18 AM
ill acknowledge that sorcs are powerful if an all mage pt can beat any elite boss

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Alhuntrazeck
09-11-2013, 10:49 AM
ill acknowledge that sorcs are powerful if an all mage pt can beat any elite boss

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

They can. Look at farmear's teams. Also, me and a bunch of mage friends ran elite grog beach in a relatively decent time back in s3.