PDA

View Full Version : sian..What to do when u reach 31 but no have PLATS?? :(

Zheng An Peter Han
05-14-2013, 06:10 AM
THis is just a my opinion about arcane legends from a my point of view after spending all my plats :(

before i say anything , do note that i do love arcane legends a lot

however i feel that Arcane legends is getting boring already, with the max cap at lvl 31 kinda easy to reach with so many xp bugs, its no wonder most ppl are 31 already.
In addition, recent events (i was kind of tempted :) by the discount) that has caused a huge inflation, ppl who do not pay to play are seriously on the losing end of the game.To add to the fact that elites mines uses plats and any legendary item or elite golden warchest requires reloot elixer, it is almost impossible for non-paying players to farm/make any money at all already.

with addition to that,epic items are almost near to worthless now(except dmg rings n amulets), thanks to the huge surge of supply due to crates. To add to the fact that hundred thousands of gold being pump in over the wkend, high end equipment will gonna cost way lot more than b4. (These days i just have to hope for a re-loot elixer on from klaas or shazbot, n then chiong out to farm ).

i do understand that sts has to make a living, however it seems to me it is almost impossible to be successful in this game without plats which cannot be the case for a free to play game. (after all , it would defeat the case of free to play right?). Also majority of the people here are non-paying players i believe

i would also like to point out to the fact that the daily quests are not making a lot gold either..maximum gold that can be earn in a day from daily quest is around 2-3k plus
which leaves 2 people with 2 options, buy plats or merch your way up. The income gap between the super wealthy n the super poor is like getting wider n wider already..

imagine i would want to buy a ie, bonechill bow of potency lvl 31, it would take me 10 days from pure farming,0-5 if im lucky with klaas n re-loot.

Hence i would like to suggest some stuff
from my humble opinion,

1.pots too expensive for low lvl ppl
suggestion:make pots cheaper for low lvl, or pots increase per lvl(since pot cannot be traded, there wont be any abuse i belive)

2.More daily quest which better rewards max lvl characters
suggestion:a daily quest to earn plats for max characters(i saw this suggestion in a post somewhere too)

3.better gold rewards from daily quest to help out people who do not purchase plats
suggestion:a more time consuming daily quest which pays out good amount of gold so as to discourage people with plats from farming for it too.(after all, one day only has 24hr, if you have time to do lets say a 1 hr quest, you might as well do elite mines with re-loot elixir if u have plats.)

4.People who disconnected from mines halfway should be allowed to join back. Afterall they paid to get in right?
suggestion: dc span below 15 min should be allowed a way back into mines

Zheng An Peter Han
05-14-2013, 06:12 AM
should this be in suggestion/feedback section?

Rare
05-14-2013, 06:29 AM
I disagree with most of what you said (especially all the parts about non plat spenders being at a disadvantage).

I DO agree with item 3 though

Greencrow
05-14-2013, 06:34 AM
Daily/weekly quests that will give you a plat as a reward. +111 for me for a non-plat user :)

Zheng An Peter Han
05-14-2013, 06:49 AM
I disagree with most of what you said (especially all the parts about non plat spenders being at a disadvantage).

im actually comparing a non plat spender against a plat spender.

for ie, non plat spender gets only 1 auction slot..which is really really bad..

even if u manage to save up from the free plats by dl games etc, u can only get around 40 plats, which cant even buy you the 10 extra slots.

without the auction slots, it be v hard to sell stuff n earn gold

how is the non plat able to keep up in terms of gold and items against a plat user?

matanofx
05-14-2013, 07:19 AM
there are some positive things when it comes to elite mines, yes it cost people 10plat to play but look how much cheaper elite bosses weapons are now! good for all

you bring up many points, some i agree with and some not but over all as a none plat user with just 2 auction slots, believe it or not, this game is still fun just much more time consuming if you dont use platinum

wvhills
05-14-2013, 09:44 AM
if u don't have any plat at all then this game can be really hard. Being limited to 1 auction slot and 25 inventory slots would lead me to quit the game. But if you can get your hands on 70 plat and buy a gear bundle then you get 10 extra auction slots and 50 inventory slots. I think down the road you would want to purchase extra inventory slots but you can play the game without any other plat spending whatsoever. You wouldn't get the best pets or anything but you can still play and get by.

Idk about you but I hate grinding and to me the game just starts being fun once you reach level cap. That's when I start farming for high priced drops.

Rare
05-14-2013, 09:46 AM
Idk about you but I hate grinding and to me the game just starts being fun once you reach level cap. That's when I start farming for high priced drops.

I feel the same way. End game elite farming. That's where the fun in this game is for me.

Zheng An Peter Han
05-14-2013, 09:54 AM

i too love to farm for high priced drops, however im just upset by the way sts made farming for high priced drop virtually impossible for non-plat spenders.
because u basically need re-loot elixer for these drops..
unless someone can tell me they farm up high priced drops w/o re-loot?

whats the point training so hard to get to lvl 31 and go to elite, but still require re-loot for legendary equipment?

wvhills
05-14-2013, 10:03 AM
i too love to farm for high priced drops, however im just upset by the way sts made farming for high priced drop virtually impossible for non-plat spenders.

whats the point training so hard to get to lvl 31 and go to elite, but still require re-loot for legendary equipment?

u don't need reroll elixirs. That's just not true. All the elite silver and gold chests I have ever looted have been without reroll elixir. The only thing plat helps with is opening crates to get mythic/arcane gear and pets but you don't need those. You can play every aspect of the game with pinks. In fact, I'm rolling with a cheap bonechill set and a purple ring and amulet. I do great in pve and pretty good in pvp. You just have to do a lot of runs, you can't expect to get a silver or gold chest every time.

Pandamoni
05-14-2013, 10:09 AM

The only time I've used the loot elixirs was during the crate drop craze. I get gold chests with no loot reroll. I don't open them, I sell them.

I think that making it to 31 with no plats is way harder and less enjoyable then being at 31 with no plats.

Wowsome
05-14-2013, 10:26 AM
I have not bought a single plat till date on Wowsome, my main character.

I do not have any mythic/arcane stuff. But I have legendary gear and a pet rotation that works good for elite farming.

I have 25 inventory slots, and 1 auction slot. But I manage just fine.

I have never opened a locked crate. But I have got high priced pinks without re-roll - although I do admit that the probability is extremely low.

Now Nordia mines, that is a different story - That was over the line for someone like me. It was disappointing, and the thought of quitting AL crossed my mind. But then I just chose to hang in and pretend it does not exist. I have not even used my 1 free pass yet.

wowdah
05-14-2013, 10:27 AM
Mostly agree with you :)

Zheng An Peter Han
05-14-2013, 10:36 AM
u don't need reroll elixirs. That's just not true. All the elite silver and gold chests I have ever looted have been without reroll elixir. The only thing plat helps with is opening crates to get mythic/arcane gear and pets but you don't need those. You can play every aspect of the game with pinks. In fact, I'm rolling with a cheap bonechill set and a purple ring and amulet. I do great in pve and pretty good in pvp. You just have to do a lot of runs, you can't expect to get a silver or gold chest every time.

Do u mean elite golden warchest? i have never gotten or seen anyone gotten that b4 without reloot..im too rolling on a cheap bonechill set too with purple ring n legend amulet. :)
Plats do help u a lot with reloot roll btw.

btw this post isnt meant to be complaining, i have above average gears n stats, a malison too.

im just hoping sts will do something about the drops from elite farming thats all.

Yakiniku
05-14-2013, 10:53 AM
What to do at 31? Simple. Merch your way to the top. Honestly, it's the best way. Farming without rerolls, while still tons of fun with good friends, will only get you so far. Did you see that other post in general where people do hundreds of runs without a pink drop? I mean seriously? How much in pots does that cost? Even worse if you play something like a warrior, since everyone expects them to stand up and pot spam for the party. Yes you will get sellable chests without rerolls, but if you're after a specific boss drop pink you're better off buying it you're not going to use plat rerolls.

So sit down, study the market and have a cup of coffee. You're going to need it. I'm no market expert, but lately I've been giving it an honest try.

That said, you can have mild success without plat. I wear crate gear (thanks to everyone else opening) and do extremely well in pve. I can hold my own in pvp and have a positive KDR, which is better than 75% of the endgame mages I see running around lol.

But if you're like me, then that's just not enough. I'm more accustomed to paid subscriptions where everyone has equal access to the top gear, and not this whole micro-transaction game of chance thing. So what to do? Do I blow my whole pile of plat for a chance at gear? Or do I take my time and try to merch for a sure transaction? For now, I'm choosing the latter.

Zheng An Peter Han
05-14-2013, 11:29 AM
What to do at 31? Simple. Merch your way to the top. Honestly, it's the best way. Farming without rerolls, while still tons of fun with good friends, will only get you so far. Did you see that other post in general where people do hundreds of runs without a pink drop? I mean seriously? How much in pots does that cost? Even worse if you play something like a warrior, since everyone expects them to stand up and pot spam for the party. Yes you will get sellable chests without rerolls, but if you're after a specific boss drop pink you're better off buying it you're not going to use plat rerolls.

So sit down, study the market and have a cup of coffee. You're going to need it. I'm no market expert, but lately I've been giving it an honest try.

That said, you can have mild success without plat. I wear crate gear (thanks to everyone else opening) and do extremely well in pve. I can hold my own in pvp and have a positive KDR, which is better than 75% of the endgame mages I see running around lol.

But if you're like me, then that's just not enough. I'm more accustomed to paid subscriptions where everyone has equal access to the top gear, and not this whole micro-transaction game of chance thing. So what to do? Do I blow my whole pile of plat for a chance at gear? Or do I take my time and try to merch for a sure transaction? For now, I'm choosing the latter.

yup, im merching around too, cant deny the fact that i made quite a lot thanks to the crazy crate spree..
but then again, whats the point of merching so hard when there is something call the auction house? everyone price is almost the same..cant make much profits, have to really spot carefully the demand vs supply
n also i only have 11 slots , not much to do.. if want faster rate need to buy plats which i do not want as i see not much future in this game already.

Mystiq
05-14-2013, 12:09 PM
Daily/weekly quests that will give you a plat as a reward. +111 for me for a non-plat user :)

Wut are these quests, may i ask?

FluffNStuff
05-14-2013, 12:14 PM
yup, im merching around too, cant deny the fact that i made quite a lot thanks to the crazy crate spree..
but then again, whats the point of merching so hard when there is something call the auction house? everyone price is almost the same..cant make much profits, have to really spot carefully the demand vs supply
n also i only have 11 slots , not much to do.. if want faster rate need to buy plats which i do not want as i see not much future in this game already.

You said it right there. All things CAN be done, but since others can do it at a faster rate using plat, you don't WANT to do it.

Mystiq
05-14-2013, 12:18 PM
Ehm when you reach 31 , but you dont have plat, you dont really need plat tbh......unless you want to look cool with vanities.

Zheng An Peter Han
05-14-2013, 12:35 PM
Ehm when you reach 31 , but you dont have plat, you dont really need plat tbh......unless you want to look cool with vanities.

den do what leh?merch ah? v sian de leh...

Zheng An Peter Han
05-14-2013, 12:35 PM
You said it right there. All things CAN be done, but since others can do it at a faster rate using plat, you don't WANT to do it.

plz understand why i don't WANT to do it before saying all things CAN be done..

Origin
05-14-2013, 01:07 PM
Sian? Jio some friends go KBOX and sing KTV lah brudderrrrr

Lmaooo ;)

Lalarie
05-14-2013, 02:22 PM
Actually elite golds or legendary items do NOT have to have reroll, all my gold chests have been no reroll

psychoscream
05-14-2013, 02:30 PM
i don't agree with its impossible for non-paying players to gather gold ,
For me I have already sold 3 elite golden war chest and opened 5
So my advice to you is keep doing elite oltgar or elite caverns or tower , you don't
Need to have elixirs

wawawa64
05-14-2013, 02:47 PM

even if u manage to save up from the free plats by dl games etc, u can only get around 40 plats, which cant even buy you the 10 extra slots.

how is the non plat able to keep up in terms of gold and items against a plat user?

buying an extra character slot only cost 12 platinum (or 10? I forgot) and you get an extra AH slot, 25 inventory AND a different toon to play with.

if you are getting bored with 1 class, maybe you can try the other 2 classes, or make a twink to play PVP.

Personally, I have all 3 classes and a twink. I only level up my main to 31 and play with the other 2 classes when i am bored. I only really level up the other 2 toon during the double XP weekend and not all the way to the level cap because usually they will raise the level cap soon when there is double XP week, so there is no point.

IMO, there are many way to enjoy the game without spending tons of platinum. I mean if there isn't anyone poping those locked crates, we won't get cheap pinks items in the AH that has decent stats, not to mention sts will not survive to make more content to continue the game if no one is buying platinum.

About putting more gold to the daily quest, I think this will just inflate the economy and you'll just have to pay more for the same item since there are more gold in the system. I do agree they should lower the price on HP pot (maybe to the same price as mana pot)

chitgoks
05-15-2013, 07:07 AM
im not into having plats as daily rewards for quests. unfair to those who spent plats and unfair to those who have been playing since this staryed

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Zheng An Peter Han
05-17-2013, 09:06 AM
im not into having plats as daily rewards for quests. unfair to those who spent plats and unfair to those who have been playing since this staryed

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

huh why unfair?
1. Sts do have give free plats when u download and install & run a certain game
2. both non-paying and paying players will be able to earn these plats. (its a win-win situation for the players)
3. what does a small amount such as ie:2 plats reward daily quest have on the amount of plats that ppl purchase?it would take an account one whole week just to open a lock crates
4. plats are also non transferable, and i suggest making this quest to a minimum of lvl 30 to prevent abuses. In a way it would reward players who lvl up higher too.
5. If you were to talk about those who been playing since start, there is a never ending of comparison. One fine example would be people who spend plats to open crates in the beginning. Especially with the new update on lock crates.

Zheng An Peter Han
05-17-2013, 09:14 AM
buying an extra character slot only cost 12 platinum (or 10? I forgot) and you get an extra AH slot, 25 inventory AND a different toon to play with.

if you are getting bored with 1 class, maybe you can try the other 2 classes, or make a twink to play PVP.

Personally, I have all 3 classes and a twink. I only level up my main to 31 and play with the other 2 classes when i am bored. I only really level up the other 2 toon during the double XP weekend and not all the way to the level cap because usually they will raise the level cap soon when there is double XP week, so there is no point.

IMO, there are many way to enjoy the game without spending tons of platinum. I mean if there isn't anyone poping those locked crates, we won't get cheap pinks items in the AH that has decent stats, not to mention sts will not survive to make more content to continue the game if no one is buying platinum.

About putting more gold to the daily quest, I think this will just inflate the economy and you'll just have to pay more for the same item since there are more gold in the system. I do agree they should lower the price on HP pot (maybe to the same price as mana pot)

well..sts just did put more gold to daily quest

and cheap pinks comes also from the farming of elites,

the economy is already inflated, and will always continue to inflate, esp with the new update on crates.

however this game do really require plat to play..that is my main point of the post.

buying extra character slots and switching char here n there just to sell stuff on Ah is really dumb and troublesome

walk to bank deposit, switch char
walk to bank withraw, walk to ah
list item, retrieve sold item gold
walk to bank deposit gold
switch back account

wow! i wonder who does that..esp if you were to mention getting 3 slots , it would mean repeating the whole process 3 times..

Zheng An Peter Han
05-17-2013, 09:15 AM
Sian? Jio some friends go KBOX and sing KTV lah brudderrrrr

Lmaooo ;)

thx for the post brudder..

Jio u ok?haha

wawawa64
05-17-2013, 03:28 PM
well..sts just did put more gold to daily quest

and cheap pinks comes also from the farming of elites,

the economy is already inflated, and will always continue to inflate, esp with the new update on crates.

however this game do really require plat to play..that is my main point of the post.

buying extra character slots and switching char here n there just to sell stuff on Ah is really dumb and troublesome

walk to bank deposit, switch char
walk to bank withraw, walk to ah
list item, retrieve sold item gold
walk to bank deposit gold
switch back account

wow! i wonder who does that..esp if you were to mention getting 3 slots , it would mean repeating the whole process 3 times..

troublesome yes, but really dumb? this is called maximizing the limited platinum you get from free offers to use it to the max potential.

and the whole process takes less than a minutes, unless you have 20 items to sell all at once or you merch, I don't see the problem with that. Travelers's Outpost has the shortest distance to AH from spawn point, and Paradise Pier has the bank right next to AH, so go to those if you are too lazy to walk.
Also, you don't HAVE to keep all the money in 1 account unless you need to buy some big ticket item. Just leave the money among the accounts and withdraw/deposit only when you need them.

And you failed to mention the benefits of playing all 3 classes and the extra 25 inventory slots you get from each new characters. Don't forget also, you can do the daily quests 3 times now and you just triple your earning potential each day, especially with the new daily quests now. Yes, this means 3 times the grinding, but again if you are too lazy to do that, then I don't know what to suggest other than stop being lazy? This games reward the people who has time to grind/farm, or if you don't have time to grind/farm then buy platinum. If you don't have time to grind and can't buy platinum then maybe this game is not for you. Essentially, you are saying I am too lazy to grind but I also want the premium items, just hand it to me.

And your suggestion on daily platinum quest is flawed, why? Because one can get many character slot and do the quest multiple times in a day and the platinum are shared among the accounts so you don't even need to go to the bank and transfer.

Lasty, from sts point of view, there is no benefits to them to offer daily platinum quest because it means less revenue for them from the platinum users, and the free players will continue to not buy platinum from them. At the end of the day, sts need the revenue to support this game. The recent crate chest change benefits both sts and the players because it gives them more incentive to open up those crates and this means more revenue for sts, and players also get a chance to receive extra platinum (however small the chance is) and extra golds.

Rosetiti
05-17-2013, 04:49 PM
I dont know. Im plat user. I love hunting with elixir. I just love this game cause the hunting stuff. And the market too, ofc.
I have only 3 pet, turtle, bird, and slag.
I wear pink gear and 2 vanity. Used to have a myth gun but sold alr.
I think buy some plats for the game you like is not a bad thing. And ofc, plat users will have more advantage since they give donation for the developer.
I admit as an auctioneer, I couldn't live with 25 invent slot. Now I got 100 slot but always full after every 1 hour hunt....
With 4 plat spending I can earn back about 50k gold. As they sell 50 plat for 50k gold. I feel happy with what I earned. Never go hunt without plat then.
Maybe i just love the feeling when you can collect something pink, and place 20 pink things in aunc xD waiting to claim your money tmr wwhen you wake up..

But seriously, the stash cost is way too exepensive... I hope they can lower abit.
now I stil only hv 5 stash slot. Carry my stuff along wiht me all the way. Sometimes its annoying with bunch of chest :|

Elements
05-17-2013, 04:56 PM
I agree with some of the stuff stated above. But its fairly easy to progress in this game without spending money. I just lvld my rogue 0-30 in a couple weeks using 0 bought plat and rationing potions.
My advice would be to set a goal and work on it. For example my goal was to earn gold in bulk and fast. Right on que the locked crates came in to play. I took an hour or two for a couple of days farming crates non stop. I would dl games for free plat and use the plat on reroll. Problem with 1 ah slot? Crates sell fast. They sell before I earned another. Sure it was boring but you gotta farm gold or buy plat.
all said and done I'm now lvl30 12k kills 55ish deaths. Full set of champ armor mountain teeth daggers 400k in the bank. I bought 10 bucks worth of plat at 28ish for inv slots and pets. Both of which I did not need. You get what you put it. Yes its hard to lvl without any of the perks. Gold,slots,gear so on. But if you do it right you will have top notch gear while spending 0 money. Laughing at the guys who spend hundreds for a few more stats.
I'm a long time gamer I've learned over the years its not just about getting the best stuff. That will drive you crazy and burn you out. Find a medium of simple enjoyment and increasing your epeen I think you will find it less stressful in the end. Hope this helps

Havicx
I need a cool sig this one sucks

Kraze
05-17-2013, 07:33 PM

I have to disagree I bought a 75 plat bundle and a slag with free plat patience is key

Origin
05-17-2013, 08:58 PM
thx for the post brudder..

Jio u ok?haha

Ah, lai! :D Come Australia we go sing.. sing "Ji Ba Ban" (translation : Old hilariously cheesy Hokkien song "If I had 1 million dollars"). haha!

Zheng An Peter Han
05-18-2013, 10:56 AM
Ah, lai! :D Come Australia we go sing.. sing "Ji Ba Ban" (translation : Old hilariously cheesy Hokkien song "If I had 1 million dollars"). haha!

steady..nxt time i go australia i go visit you..which part in australia btw?

Zheng An Peter Han
05-18-2013, 10:57 AM
I have to disagree I bought a 75 plat bundle and a slag with free plat patience is key

i must admit i admire your patience to dl all the games and earn those free plats..

Zheng An Peter Han
05-18-2013, 11:15 AM
troublesome yes, but really dumb? this is called maximizing the limited platinum you get from free offers to use it to the max potential.

and the whole process takes less than a minutes, unless you have 20 items to sell all at once or you merch, I don't see the problem with that. Travelers's Outpost has the shortest distance to AH from spawn point, and Paradise Pier has the bank right next to AH, so go to those if you are too lazy to walk.
Also, you don't HAVE to keep all the money in 1 account unless you need to buy some big ticket item. Just leave the money among the accounts and withdraw/deposit only when you need them.

And you failed to mention the benefits of playing all 3 classes and the extra 25 inventory slots you get from each new characters. Don't forget also, you can do the daily quests 3 times now and you just triple your earning potential each day, especially with the new daily quests now. Yes, this means 3 times the grinding, but again if you are too lazy to do that, then I don't know what to suggest other than stop being lazy? This games reward the people who has time to grind/farm, or if you don't have time to grind/farm then buy platinum. If you don't have time to grind and can't buy platinum then maybe this game is not for you. Essentially, you are saying I am too lazy to grind but I also want the premium items, just hand it to me.

And your suggestion on daily platinum quest is flawed, why? Because one can get many character slot and do the quest multiple times in a day and the platinum are shared among the accounts so you don't even need to go to the bank and transfer.

Lasty, from sts point of view, there is no benefits to them to offer daily platinum quest because it means less revenue for them from the platinum users, and the free players will continue to not buy platinum from them. At the end of the day, sts need the revenue to support this game. The recent crate chest change benefits both sts and the players because it gives them more incentive to open up those crates and this means more revenue for sts, and players also get a chance to receive extra platinum (however small the chance is) and extra golds.

wah bro..you dam free hor..switch here n there,
can you say for yourself that you practice this?

or izzit just theoretical wise only?

the daily quest now takes at least 15 min to complete one.. the uberman and wolf takes around 1hr cuz spawn long...even if u jump maps around also hard to jump into a spawned map
plus daily quest earns around 1k/15 min

i rather go merch and earn more than 30k in half an hour :)

btw this game reward people who are lucky, who open crates and chest to get mysthic , plus if you wanna talk about farming. you need reloot elixer to farm efficiently..
otherwise one might as well just go merch instead than hunt lousy chest

well, on daily plat quest you can perhaps set in only one account can do the quest a day. and lvl requirement to be max lvl which is 31 for now.
i don see why it can be abuse after this already.
not many ppl can get 31 now that xp bugs are fixed

btw, about your last point. In short term run, yes it is no benefit to them. however in the long term run, i believe it will mean more revenue for them. Why? because you encourage more n more people to continue to play your game. As a non-platinum player now(as i finish all my bought plats), i have the urge to quit this game already . Why? cuz there is nothing much for me to do already besides collecting klass and shazbot to wait for reloot. i have almost all the legendary end games equipment needed hence not to farm up.(not referring to mystic btw)
By giving out free platinum, you will increase the numbers of players and also draw in more platinum users. At the end of the day, sts will have an increased in revenue to support this game. Players will not need to say "aiya, nv tio free reloot no need play liao la tonight" etc..

Yes i do agree the recent chest change benefits both sts and players, however i feel it was unreasonably done, right after the mystic event. If im a paying plat user, and i spend so many plats just to open crates, yet never open any mystic items. Then 1 day after event over, sts come out with this kinda change. i will be enrage about how come they did not implement this b4 the event was over. Spend so much plats yet never get any mystic now still want to tempt me to spend 15 plats to earn 100 plats.
Btw 1k gold is really insignificant as compared to how much a crate is worth now..
1k/20k per crate..lols..

wawawa64
05-20-2013, 09:10 PM
wah bro..you dam free hor..switch here n there,
can you say for yourself that you practice this?

or izzit just theoretical wise only?

the daily quest now takes at least 15 min to complete one.. the uberman and wolf takes around 1hr cuz spawn long...even if u jump maps around also hard to jump into a spawned map
plus daily quest earns around 1k/15 min

i rather go merch and earn more than 30k in half an hour :)

btw this game reward people who are lucky, who open crates and chest to get mysthic , plus if you wanna talk about farming. you need reloot elixer to farm efficiently..
otherwise one might as well just go merch instead than hunt lousy chest

well, on daily plat quest you can perhaps set in only one account can do the quest a day. and lvl requirement to be max lvl which is 31 for now.
i don see why it can be abuse after this already.
not many ppl can get 31 now that xp bugs are fixed

btw, about your last point. In short term run, yes it is no benefit to them. however in the long term run, i believe it will mean more revenue for them. Why? because you encourage more n more people to continue to play your game. As a non-platinum player now(as i finish all my bought plats), i have the urge to quit this game already . Why? cuz there is nothing much for me to do already besides collecting klass and shazbot to wait for reloot. i have almost all the legendary end games equipment needed hence not to farm up.(not referring to mystic btw)
By giving out free platinum, you will increase the numbers of players and also draw in more platinum users. At the end of the day, sts will have an increased in revenue to support this game. Players will not need to say "aiya, nv tio free reloot no need play liao la tonight" etc..

Yes i do agree the recent chest change benefits both sts and players, however i feel it was unreasonably done, right after the mystic event. If im a paying plat user, and i spend so many plats just to open crates, yet never open any mystic items. Then 1 day after event over, sts come out with this kinda change. i will be enrage about how come they did not implement this b4 the event was over. Spend so much plats yet never get any mystic now still want to tempt me to spend 15 plats to earn 100 plats.
Btw 1k gold is really insignificant as compared to how much a crate is worth now..
1k/20k per crate..lols..

my suggestion on getting an extra character wasn't just meant for getting an extra AH slot. It was meant for increasing the fun of the game, which is what your whole thread about; you reached lvl 31 and bored. So why not play the other 2 classes just for fun? Yes, it's troublesome if you are merching, but not everyone merch. I personally don't merch and I have all 3 classes and a twink for PVP and still play the dailies on my alts to level them up when I am tired of farming with my main.

And seriously, if you can merch and earn 30K in half an hour, then gold shouldn't be an issue for you at all, so why continue to farm? Go buy some mythic gear and kick some butt in PvP.

Getting a daily platinum quest isn't going to increase the fun of the game much if gold is not an issue for you (except maybe you want to get arcane weapons). Platinum is just going to increase the farming efficiency, and again why do you farm if you have such awesome merching skill?

Lastly, I disagree with your point about people can't abuse the daily platinum quest. With the +XP elixer, people can still lvl up really fast (just look at how fast people level up when the expansion comes out, I am talking about less than a day). And let's be honest here, if people can get platinum for free, it just give them less incentive to buy platinum. It certainly increases the population on free users, but I just don't see why platinum users will buy more platinum if there's a free platinum quest everyday. I certainly won't (maybe because I am not a big platinum spender after all).

To get more revenue, sts needs to increase the incentive for platinum users to spend more platinum, which includes putting more good stuff in crates (which they did) and give platinum users some time saving advantage like elite mines and elixer. This will also give the free users more urge to buy platinum.

Don't get me wrong, if sts is willing give out daily platinum quest, I am certainly for it because I am cheap, but I think it's a very wishful thinking that will never happen.