PDA

View Full Version : So what it did take for you to give up the addiction? *Not an angry rant*

Khylan
05-14-2013, 04:20 PM
Eh after this past weekend there are winners and losers, people that are sad, and people that are happy. Skip to the *** if you are in a hurry :)

I grew up in Las Vegas and never gambled more than a few bucks at a time in slot machines, I knew they were for suckers or those that are incredibly lucky. Games of chance in general aren't for me, so when I first started playing Dark Legends I never made the connection that that's what I was doing by opening the weapon packs...I had to have those frosty daggers! Come along Arcane Legends and the odds seem much better for the store bought item packs, and spending was much in line and plat was used for buffs, pets and gold only once at level 16.

Then came the crates....the locked crate concept was novel at first but has become flat out brilliant. Give a viable item (unless you are a warrior wanting armor...) and 2 that may be decent if jewelry. Non plat buyers can sell something plat buyers want, and in turn can make a quick buck. Crates allowed me to gear my warrior and in saving gear for other classes I spent the time leveling a rogue and a sorcerer. Even after the introduction of the mythic helms and arcane rogue weapon I never spent more than enough to get what I needed (ie Bonechill bow) and usually made a good amount of money from selling the stuff I didn't need.

Nordr change all that, especially with Nordia Mines. I now found myself going through much more platinum in order to get buffs because 4/5 of the bosses can be soloed in about 18-20 minutes, or 3 in about 9 minutes...35 plat for the 60 min buff + 15 for firebug +30-60 for access meant for 110 plat I could get 18 boss kills in an hour give or take. I was making a fair amount of money, and at the worst would break even. Here I am, feeling well in control of my playing and spending and then BAM!

***Mythic weekend was full on crack rock for those who have a leaning towards gambling..Long story short, I blew through 4 million in Gold and at least 1000 plat opening crates and buying/farming elite gold warchests trying to get the bow. In the end I had junk with maybe 3 items worth more than 100k, but not much more. So I made a decision...first, and the most painful buy enough while the sale was ongoing to get the bow, which I did, and had about 75k left over. Second, I stripped my 30 warrior and mage, then deleted them (yes, Slag on all 3, Riptide too on the warrior). I sold the gear I had stripped (it was good) and went about to farming Nordia again, selling every gold chest I looted. I am now back to about 2 mil, have plenty of plat and learned my lesson...I will never open a crate or elite gold chest again, and I can no longer use "gearing my alts" as an excuse to feed the addiction.

Zanpakuto
05-14-2013, 04:27 PM
I wouldn't have deleted, but I just exercise extreme control! Those mythic and arcane items are becoming somewhat twink or vanity items as they will not get updated forever.

The day level 36 mountains teeth stats are better than hooks, i expect a drastic drop in prices. Same with helms.