PDA

View Full Version : Damage and Shield behaviour - How they work...(For my sorcerer friends)

Linkincena
05-15-2013, 02:25 AM
The Balance between Dexterity and Intelligence is important as they affect damage... so I have made this Table for our sorcerer friends to see how it is affecting health and damage... Which makes it easier to decide best spec....
180 Skill points available ... Observe how Damage,Bonus Damage and Output Dmg (Bonus*Dmg=Bonus Dmg multiplied by Dmg value) behave while distributing skill points...
Green color in column shows highest and Red shows the lowest value for a parcticular spec...
U can give your inputs ... so that if there is a mistake in table it can be corrected... (This table is made in excel)
All Values are without armor and weapons or passives... Also find below Arcane Shield protection value behavior with Strength and Intell...

Below is Hybrid behavior of Dex and Intell on Base stat damage

30594 30662

Using this You can decide to become:-
Tank Sorcerer : Fast movement(Passive movement max),Tank (Full strength)
Spear Sorcerer: Max Damage(Intell,Passive dmg & Knowledge max)-With Ice,Lightning,Time Shift,Fireball
n many more types ^_^ ...
More suggestions to improve it are most welcome..

Dondarrius
05-15-2013, 05:03 AM
I really appreciate the effort, but I found this utterly confusing. I've always gone for a full int spec to maximize damage, but looking at your chart here, this looks like that yields the least amount of damage?

Linkincena
05-15-2013, 05:38 AM
Edited a bit ... This is on base stats...

Asireuz
05-15-2013, 09:12 AM
Full int is still the way to go for damage. You will not be playing without a weapon, so you want to maximize the bonus damage.

Edit: numbers in graph are different now, so nevermind.

Linkincena
05-15-2013, 11:49 AM
Yes .. Full intell is way to go... however .. Then why are the Base damage stat behaving in a different way in Hybrid build (above 2nd pic) of Dex and intell??

Asireuz
05-15-2013, 12:11 PM
Nice work, but bonus damage is already included in the damage stat. (A 1.9 damage ring, and 266% bonus, adds 5.0 to your damage stat, because 1.9 x 2.66 is 5.0.)

And your pure damage is small compared to your weapon damage, it isn't that important.

Please keep working on this, and try it with weapon too.

Linkincena
05-15-2013, 09:18 PM
Then should add passive dex to stats with full intell...

Sryyoulose
05-15-2013, 09:22 PM
Yeah, erm this didn't help me out to much but looks really complicated! I understand what I need to know:)

Linkincena
05-15-2013, 09:31 PM
Np Sryl ... u can tell though if any improvement is needed for better understanding to those who couldn't understand the tables. ..

katish
05-15-2013, 11:39 PM
Hey link, I appreciate the effort.. what confused me a bit is why the int base stats table increases by 10s and dex base stats table increases by 6s?

Also, if 180 is the max number of stats points, why in the hybrid table you do a mix distributing 196 points?

Linkincena
05-15-2013, 11:57 PM
Cos at start without any skill points - Dexterity is at 6 and Intell is at 10 ... Have increased both by 10 at every spec...

Energizeric
05-16-2013, 12:47 AM
Problem with your chart is it doesn't account for using an actual weapon. Since weapon damage is far higher than your base damage, and weapon damage is multiplied by your bonus damage amount and then added to your base damage to achieve your final damage value, the spec with the highest bonus damage is going to give the highest damage.

Try doing the same chart but with using a weapon (any decent weapon will do), and you will see that full INT is the way to do for maximum damage.

Linkincena
05-16-2013, 12:55 AM
However base stats wont show weapon damage effect ... It will be only visible in avatar..

Energizeric
05-16-2013, 12:53 PM
However base stats wont show weapon damage effect ... It will be only visible in avatar..

Yes, that is true. But you can see the difference when you swap different gear, and bonus damage becomes the most important factor for total damage when you equip a weapon.

katish
05-16-2013, 09:10 PM
Thank you I now understand your table better! :) Nice effort :)

Linkincena
05-17-2013, 01:37 AM
Yes, that is true. But you can see the difference when you swap different gear, and bonus damage becomes the most important factor for total damage when you equip a weapon.

That Bonus damage is a riddle ... not explained properly anywhere in this forum...

Thank you I now understand your table better! :) Nice effort :)

Ty Katish .. :) .. ur question has made it better...
Keep asking more so that it keeps getting improved ^_^

Energizeric
05-17-2013, 12:08 PM
That Bonus damage is a riddle ... not explained properly anywhere in this forum...

Yes, but we pretty much know what it means, there are just very small errors when we try to calculate which means we probably are missing something small. But in general your final damage is the weapon damage multiplied by the bonus damage.

katish
05-24-2013, 11:57 AM
Hey .. so I was doing some observations of my own today with respec.. but I couldn't get the same dmg values as you posted on your table.

With full int my dmg was up to 8.1, and with full dex my dmg was up to 11.

Linkincena
05-28-2013, 05:18 AM
Have u tested on lvl 31 sorcerer? or is your sorcerer at different level?