PDA

View Full Version : Basic question about rangers' advantages on other classes

Hakoltov
05-15-2013, 01:36 PM
Hello,
I am sorry for being a noob (I feel like an idiot), but I found very little reading material over the web about my questions. You're my hope for finding my answers so thanks in advance.

So it goes like this: I have a level 20 Ranger. My thought was I like DPS over tanks and healers, so that was my choise. And now, in level 20, some things don't get together for me.

1) What weapon shoud I use?
For my understanding I can use either Bows or Daggers. Now: Daggers are more diffensive mainly because they have more armor and you can equip yourself with a shield. On the other hand, daggers has VERY low DMG comparing to bows, to my goal was to be DPS! My main problem is that even bows, that have much more DMG than daggers, has low DMG comparing to other classes' weapons. So, how the hell is this character a good DPS? And what could possibly be a good reason to use daggers if you are willing to be a DPS? (correct me if i'm wrong)

2) Why Rangers?
This is another important question for me. If I use a bow and I am willing to be a DPS, what are the benefits of Rangers comparing it to Archers? I mean, Archers are for my understanding Archers are also a good choise for DPS. And another thing. Let's say I use daggers. I'm being a close-combat attacker with low-moderate armor and low-moderate DPS. Excuse me, but this seems like a pretty bad class. If I use bow I don't need armor so I can get the DMG to be higher and also have the privilage of distance fighting. I guess something in my thinking proccess is wrong, please correct me if it is.

3) What build should I use for being a DPS?
I guess the answer if Full Dex, but again, please correct me if i'm wrong.

Thanks very much in advance.. And sorry for being such a noob :)

Gragorak
05-15-2013, 03:39 PM
1. Enemys are quite easy in levels 1-49, so i suggest just going for max dmg output and using bow. When you get little more money (about 100k) buy forgotten bow of your level, they are by far the most overpowered weapon in level range 10-49.

In level 50 mobs and bosses get harder, and dex fox will die a lot because of really low defense; only one defensive buff, and its active only 60% of time. Even archers have better defense. So, in lvl 50 you should respec to str/dex hybrid build, enough str for gear and rest in dex. This will increase your survivability significantly, and fox skills fit melee combag perfectly.

2. Originally there were three classes in this game: archer, bear and mage. Last christmas they added two new classes, rhino and fox (this is also the reason why there's so little information available about foxes). These two classes are clearly underpowered. Archer is pretty much just better than fox in almost everything (some pvp lvls are exeption).

So yeah, your thinking process went quite right.

3. Yep, full dex is best for dps. Str/dex hybrid is better in levels 50+ though.

Hakoltov
05-15-2013, 06:14 PM
1. Enemys are quite easy in levels 1-49, so i suggest just going for max dmg output and using bow. When you get little more money (about 100k) buy forgotten bow of your level, they are by far the most overpowered weapon in level range 10-49.

In level 50 mobs and bosses get harder, and dex fox will die a lot because of really low defense; only one defensive buff, and its active only 60% of time. Even archers have better defense. So, in lvl 50 you should respec to str/dex hybrid build, enough str for gear and rest in dex. This will increase your survivability significantly, and fox skills fit melee combag perfectly.

2. Originally there were three classes in this game: archer, bear and mage. Last christmas they added two new classes, rhino and fox (this is also the reason why there's so little information available about foxes). These two classes are clearly underpowered. Archer is pretty much just better than fox in almost everything (some pvp lvls are exeption).

3. Yep, full dex is best for dps. Str/dex hybrid is better in levels 50+ though.

Thank you very much for your reply.

If I'm level 20, maybe I should start a new char all over. That is what I'm gonna do I guess. Thanks :)

outcastranger
05-18-2013, 11:35 AM

Yes! I definitely agree. But there is one suggestion I want to add. You may want to put in the slightest bit of intel, just so you can up your regens and don't wast as many potions. then again, str ups your health regen. The only problem with that is that the ranger(much like the archer and paladin) uses tons of mana.

joshtheboss
05-18-2013, 11:47 AM
Yes! I definitely agree. But there is one suggestion I want to add. You may want to put in the slightest bit of intel, just so you can up your regens and don't wast as many potions. then again, str ups your health regen. The only problem with that is that the ranger(much like the archer and paladin) uses tons of mana.

Just adding a slight amount of intelligence is pointless especially if you're doing it for regen, you'll gain like 2 regen so you would be better off putting it somewhere else.

xIVxNEMESISxVIx
05-20-2013, 10:58 PM

This person is right, go about 160 str and the rest in dex and just get the best gear for str in your lvl 60+ ^_^