PDA

View Full Version : Players of PL

dudetus
05-15-2013, 06:32 PM
Dear men, women and alltogether mammals and freaks who play PL.

I am now ready to establish my ongoing research in the usage of the word "girlfriend" both IG and on forums.

When boys come to certain age they will go through a tremendous transform. Voice gets lower and hair grows to weird places. At some point in this transformation, the opposite sex (or in some cases the same) starts to look different in a way u could never imagine. Later on as u are able to make contact with the opposite sex (yet again, in some cases the same) if u r incredibly lucky (or unlucky) u will be able to go to a date. After some time if things have gone well, in some point the relationship between u 2 (or more if u r a playa) starts getting deeper alongside with emotions. At this point the couple can decide to be together and at this point u can call the female one a girlfriend. Later on u notice that in interwebz the word girlfriend is usually shortened into "gf". This arouses confusion with grown up men such as myself in in this game and on forums as the word girlfriend is thrown everywhere. I haven't yet found the true reference of this word in usage. There are many possibilities in the usage of this word. Examples of the theoretical situations:

1. The specimen wants to brag how he/she has a gf. Probably due to insecurity and childhood trauma for not being acknowledged well enough.
2. The specimen wants to disgrace the target by telling that the target is his/hers gf. Rather sovinist view of the situation as if the opponent refers us to be stereotypically as weak as a woman. Probably caused by problems between mother-child relationship
3. The specimen might imply to the target's own girlfriend. Often trying to offend (and rarely used in complimentary means) the target by picking on the person u love (sometimes hate) most in the world. Probably caused by insecurity and own inability to be in contact with females. Jealousy, immaturity and trollish characteristics are common within the specimen in this segment.
4. "Because others say it too". The feeling of being acknowledged is often seeked as humans are group mammals. But in a such minicule scale such as PL and it's forums the feeling is way too empowered in terms of general sanity. This falls into derpiness section. Probably caused by getting hit to the head rly hard as a child.

The weird thing which I have noticed is that the usage of the word "boyfriend" (bf shortened) is not used almost all. The only person who uses the word "boyfriend" constantly is Shiloo. Note to self: Ask Shi about Bi-curiosity. I need to put more research into this part.

I will keep u all updated with my research and I will announce if I get a scientific breakthrough in my studies.

P.S. The study is being made mostly in a male view of things for the following reasons:
1. The world "girlfriend" is stereotypically associated with male as the counterpart.
2. As a male myself I have deeper insight in the male view of the subject.

P.P.S. I'm looking for donations to keep my study going on. The fund is forwarded straight into lab equipment. I have an immediate need for the following things in order to keep my study going on:

6-pack of Red Bull
BBQ Ribs
Potato Chips
New charger for my tablet

Thank You for ur time.

NotYoCookiez
05-15-2013, 06:33 PM
Gf.

Spyce
05-15-2013, 06:41 PM
Gg.

dudetus
05-15-2013, 06:48 PM
Gf.

Well, ur "I want to be like dudetus" sure lacks the required creativity.

Suentous PO
05-15-2013, 06:54 PM
Unlike, say Latin, English is not a dead language and therefore there are no rules where a constant state of flux is the norm.
Therefore everyone who uses "gf" from here on out is really saying "gotta fart".
Gf

Caiahar
05-15-2013, 06:55 PM
unlike, say latin, english is not a dead language and therefore there are no rules where a constant state of flux is the norm.
Therefore everyone who uses "gf" from here on out is really saying "gotta fart".
Gf
l m a o!!!

dudetus
05-15-2013, 07:02 PM
Unlike, say Latin, English is not a dead language and therefore there are no rules where a constant state of flux is the norm.
Gf

Yes, English is on a constant state of flux but some words or sayings are more usually associated with the shortenings (forgot the fancydancy word for it) than others. It can't be said that only "girlfriend" means "gf" but as it is mostly used as such, it is more of an unofficial norm.

Damn u and ur logics Sue. Always coming to spoil my jokes.

Suentous PO
05-15-2013, 07:23 PM
^twas not my intent my friend, I was only perverting reality as is my hobby.
Still makes sence to me, two people battle untill exhausted, the reason the fight ends? Gass (also a byproduct of puberty)
Here's how it should look from now on when you see it in pvp.
Player 1 looses, admits defeat and now that the adrenalin wears off notices "a rumble in his jungle"
player 1-"gf" transl. - gotta fart
Player 2: "gf" transl. - go fart brah
Ironclad logic

Zaonabiuibil
05-15-2013, 07:56 PM
Still makes sence to me, two people battle untill exhausted, the reason the fight ends? Gass (also a byproduct of puberty)
Player 1 looses, admits defeat and now that the adrenalin wears off notices "a rumble in his jungle"
Ironclad logic

That explains so much!

-------------------
Sent using spray paint on the city walls.

razerfingers
05-15-2013, 08:46 PM
Thx

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall.

Phoenixking
05-15-2013, 08:57 PM
Ironclad logic
i at first thought it was a declaration of love, or if the specimen wanted to mate just like leopards have to pin the female and the female fights back then the leopard says gf to celebrate the fact that
1) sign of dominance
2) sign of possesion
3) succesful pinning of the female

Sryyoulose
05-15-2013, 09:12 PM
Explain to me why dudetus makes threads like this again? Is it because its his life?

Ladyviviane
05-15-2013, 09:19 PM
l. O. L.

Sryyoulose
05-15-2013, 09:20 PM
l. O. L.

Yup same ^_^

Promagin
05-15-2013, 09:22 PM
All I can say... Amazing.

Mage till the end
05-15-2013, 09:29 PM
Thanks for the laugh dudetus

ThePvpTwink
05-15-2013, 09:50 PM
Lol.

Waug
05-15-2013, 11:14 PM
Gf. Ur my Gf troll-master. Finding a real gf irl, having gf about all of this.

note - gf may have all these meanings - good fight, good friend, girl friend, good feeling

billybob1
05-15-2013, 11:43 PM
you can b my girlfriendddd......

Zeus
05-15-2013, 11:52 PM
I think this is Dudetus's way of saying his gf broke up with him and now he is accepting applicants to receive the honorary title of, "Dudetus's girl & sammich-maker".

dudetus
05-16-2013, 12:59 AM
Explain to me why dudetus makes threads like this again? Is it because its his life?

Evening and night are tablet time for me. When I get bored to youtube I come here. I just got an idea of making this thread. It was a good training in English as I tested how scientific I could go without that huge grammatic errors.

Gf. Ur my Gf troll-master. Finding a real gf irl, having gf about all of this.

note - gf may have all these meanings - good fight, good friend, girl friend, good feeling

Sir, I think that was a compliment thx.

Oh Billy. This came too fast for me to make such a sudden decision.. I need time to think and I'll pm u later okay?

I think this is Dudetus's way of saying his gf broke up with him and now he is accepting applicants to receive the honorary title of, "Dudetus's girl & sammich-maker".

Dude. That was cruel :(! No, I'm still with my gf (4 and half years and still going strong). If I broke up with her, this would be the last place where I would spend my time.

The Happiness
05-16-2013, 03:44 AM
If I broke up with her, this would be the last place where I would spend my time.

I have a wicked sense of humour....but I did just laugh out loud in front of a whole crowd of people drinking coffee. Yep...you keep my crazy-Brit-coffee-snorting girl image alive! Gf! ;p

PS...if a vacancy comes up you got my number, right?

billybob1
05-16-2013, 04:29 PM
Originally Posted by billybob1

Oh Billy. This came too fast for me to make such a sudden decision.. I need time to think and I'll pm u later okay?

its ok boo...take ur time....ill be waiting.....watching....

0.0 from across the street....pls say yes....plsss..

Everyone'sFavMage
05-16-2013, 10:22 PM
So, so, so many posts I want to thank and only 5 to give. U will get 1 tomorrow Hun.

dudetus
05-17-2013, 05:53 AM
I have a wicked sense of humour....but I did just laugh out loud in front of a whole crowd of people drinking coffee. Yep...you keep my crazy-Brit-coffee-snorting girl image alive! Gf! ;p

PS...if a vacancy comes up you got my number, right?

Email address yes! Number no! Would be expensive to call to that funny little island of urs.

Originally Posted by billybob1

its ok boo...take ur time....ill be waiting.....watching....

0.0 from across the street....pls say yes....plsss..

Did I leave my window open just enough so u could see me?

So, so, so many posts I want to thank and only 5 to give. U will get 1 tomorrow Hun.

Give me reputation comment. David has passed me somehow in rep standings and dammit I will overtake him again.

The Happiness
05-17-2013, 06:06 AM
Email address yes! Number no! Would be expensive to call to that funny little island of urs.

And you wouldn't make an exception? I see how it is! Don't come creeping to The Awesome Corner next time you want a bit of comfort! I'm locking the door! ;p

dudetus
05-17-2013, 06:09 AM
And you wouldn't make an exception? I see how it is! Don't come creeping to The Awesome Corner next time you want a bit of comfort! I'm locking the door! ;p

I'm a grown up man. I do not seek comfort when I would need it. I just cry myself to sleep.

Mystiq
05-17-2013, 11:39 AM

Give me tu.