PDA

View Full Version : How do Locked crates work?

Martin Kral
05-16-2013, 07:44 AM
I don't have time to hang in the game for many hours in a day in order to find how it all works and so my question is the following:

If I save my crates for the moment when e.g. mystics would drop again, do I have a chance to get these upon opening?

Or, is the content defined at the moment of obtaining the crate, only hidden until opened?

It seems to me that level of the content depends on which of my characters opens it (which level, that is), but is it the same true also for newly introduced drops?

Sorry, perhaps there has been a thread on this already.

Rare
05-16-2013, 07:53 AM
Hi. To answer your questions.

Q: If I save my crates for the moment when e.g. mystics would drop again, do I have a chance to get these upon opening?
A: Yes. I assume you're talking about the weapons. Helmets and armor still drop from them.

Q: is the content defined at the moment of obtaining the crate, only hidden until opened?
A: No, when you open them.

Q: It seems to me that level of the content depends on which of my characters opens it (which level, that is), but is it the same true also for newly introduced drops?
A: For the legendary and epic drops, it depends on the level of the person opening. For Mythics/Arcane they will be whatever level they were designed for. For example, mythic helmets and arcane hooks will be L26. Mythic armors and arcane hamemer will be L31.

Martin Kral
05-16-2013, 08:16 AM
Thanks a lot :)

You confirmed what I think - so, I will keep my crates until another mystic or arcane weekend. I do not want to earn gold on them, I just want to increase chance to get something nice :surprise:

Rare
05-16-2013, 08:39 AM
Thanks a lot :)

You confirmed what I think - so, I will keep my crates until another mystic or arcane weekend. I do not want to earn gold on them, I just want to increase chance to get something nice :surprise:

Well, just to clarify. Arcane weapons/pets and Mythic Helm/Armor still drop from them. So you can still get those. Only the Mythic Weapons have been removed.

Zanpakuto
05-17-2013, 01:33 AM
Honestly, unless you're addicted to gambling, if you had 100 crates, i would just sell them for 35k a pop for a cool 3.5M. Mate that to 1500plat savings, you're looking at a 5M total cost. Now go look at prices of mythics! You might as well buy what you want than to gamble your money away, but that's just me.