PDA

View Full Version : pc and android news!!!!

Rnrking
10-11-2010, 02:58 PM
check out this article ppl!

http://www.gameonmac.com/game/1151/features/163/Pocket-Legends-Four-Platforms,-One-Server.html

shadywack
10-11-2010, 03:10 PM
OOoooohhh!!

Cascade
10-11-2010, 03:12 PM
Woooooottt!!!!! Does this mean its going to be released very soon?! I'm so! Excited!! :D

shadywack
10-11-2010, 03:14 PM
I dunno man, but I'm pretty excited too. I'm hoping for a very soon type of release. It's right there........ taunting us ;)

Royce
10-11-2010, 03:26 PM
Looks awesome. I kinda figure that, as the article says, the PC client was basically due to the number of players who plug in to play on their mobile devices for long periods of time, and to a degree I'm very excited about. However, I'm a bit surprised there has been no discussion of how that may unbalance PvP. Sure I guess serious PvPers may just farm on their mobile devices and only battle when on their computer, but wouldn't that be a shame?

haroldiv
10-11-2010, 03:35 PM
Kinda how it is now with ipads.

Royce
10-11-2010, 03:39 PM
Kinda how it is now with ipads.

Would be quite different with PC though I think. I played a bit on iPad and didn't find it to be all that much of an advantage. With a PC, the game would be completely different, and it would seem like the advantage in PvP would be pretty monumental.

nazgulking
10-11-2010, 03:42 PM
Woot! Now .... I want this now! Lol!

reddragon72
10-11-2010, 03:46 PM
“All we are working on now is the transaction layer,” said Gary of the PC and Android games, shooting for launch yet in 2010.

That sounds promising but at the same time it sounds kinda like we may not see it till next year. Kinda make's it a bit edgy....

Also why would PC players have an advantage? They are keeping the same playing area so you wont be able to see more, and clicking with a mouse can be slower and less accurate sometime when compared to finger clicking.

shadywack
10-11-2010, 03:48 PM
Ugh, I just have a feeling now that we'll be taunted by this stuff for months. They say "before Christmas" which means the last 5 minutes before the close of business before Christmas Eve. Expect this sorta stuff with all this huff and puff and worthless announcements and sneak peaks until December 23rd. This is gonna be a long ride of BS.

Royce
10-11-2010, 03:52 PM
Also why would PC players have an advantage? They are keeping the same playing area so you wont be able to see more, and clicking with a mouse can be slower and less accurate sometime when compared to finger clicking.

Key bindings.

reddragon72
10-11-2010, 04:02 PM
Key bindings.

I doubt there will be any keyboard interations on the PC version. Everything will be done VIA mouse as I am sure they have thought about this. The only thing I could see as an advantage is and old program that tied a key to a screen location and click, but I have not seen that in quite some time.

Royce
10-11-2010, 04:05 PM
I doubt there will be any keyboard interations on the PC version. Everything will be done VIA mouse as I am sure they have thought about this. The only thing I could see as an advantage is and old program that tied a key to a screen location and click, but I have not seen that in quite some time.

If it is not possible, people will make it possible with things like you mention at the end there. That's just the nature of PCs. You can pretty well do whatever you want. Perhaps the devs have given this some though, and have means to avoid such things, but that's what I meant about being surprised by the lack of discussion on the topic. We really have no idea...

Stratospaly
10-11-2010, 04:10 PM

This will be hard to do considering your mouse can only be in one place on the screen at once, yet you can use 2 fingers on the iphone to walk and click at the same time.

locking the up, down, left, right keys as the only keyboard keys used would be possible though. A player with a G15 or better gaming keyboard would be head and shoulders above anyone clicking or touching a screen in the way of reaction time, and timing things like combos.

reddragon72
10-11-2010, 04:26 PM
Yea that is what I'm thinking, they will severly limit the keys as they have already created several other games, so you know they have already given this some serious thought.... or at least I hope they have.

CanonicalKoi
10-11-2010, 04:30 PM
This will be hard to do considering your mouse can only be in one place on the screen at once, yet you can use 2 fingers on the iphone to walk and click at the same time.

Yeah, I think the PC folks would be at a disadvantage--trying sucking down a mana, a health and hitting a skill button simultaneously with a mouse. Thank heavens for touch-screens!

Grankledude
10-11-2010, 05:09 PM
That sounds promising but at the same time it sounds kinda like we may not see it till next year. Kinda make's it a bit edgy....

So true. I don't get what the advantage there would be. In fact it's more likely to be a disadvantage

Wbto-Angeluscustos
10-11-2010, 05:12 PM
it works on normal phones i never knew that?

Survivorfan
10-11-2010, 05:30 PM
Finally it comes out for PC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Varking
10-11-2010, 06:35 PM
http://http://www.gameonmac.com/images/features/163/PocketLegendsDevices.jpg

There was supposed to be a picture above this text but it looks like its not working : (

Arterra
10-11-2010, 06:41 PM
i cant wait to use WASD to move around...

reddragon72
10-11-2010, 07:11 PM
So give a link to the pic your trying to post.

So at work, while I'm working ; -) haha, I can do some grinding and such and on break I can head out and do a quest or two. Man I'm loving this option!

Oh and is the PC version going to be web browser based or an app that'll need to be installed? Kinda wondering if that'll include Mac people as well as PC.

markus
10-11-2010, 07:18 PM
It dosent sound like its anything new they havnt said...........we already had a pic of it on a droid........ and somone had posted somthing already about devs saying they were waiting on the android market to be better...... so this really isn't news tbh. Only new thing is the pic of it on pc. Wich is kinda cool! Thanx for that devs! Hopefully your closer along to releasing it for android then you were 2 months ago when those things were posted.

Varking
10-11-2010, 08:14 PM
gameonmac.com/images/features/163/PocketLegendsDevices.jpg

Arterra
10-11-2010, 08:42 PM
bad news, but I hate to say I get the feeling that is a Ipad emulator they are running on computer. you know, to test out apps and such... I could swear it is, or else it shouldn't be same size.

Varking
10-12-2010, 08:15 AM
It could be an emulator or maybe the game just isn't coded to go over a certain resolution. The game likely wouldn't look as sharp on a 22 inch monitor.

reddragon72
10-12-2010, 09:18 AM
bad news, but I hate to say I get the feeling that is a Ipad emulator they are running on computer. you know, to test out apps and such... I could swear it is, or else it shouldn't be same size.

It could be an emulator or maybe the game just isn't coded to go over a certain resolution. The game likely wouldn't look as sharp on a 22 inch monitor.

They will keep the same resolution that the other devices are using. The reason would be unfair advantage for someone playing the game on a higher res, as you could see even more area. That and I believe that this is all direct porting so they wont really go crazy sprucing up each platform... at least not yet.

Justg
10-12-2010, 09:22 AM
The initial windows PC port will very likely be the same resolution as the iPad client (1024x768). It will be a small client download.

reddragon72
10-12-2010, 12:05 PM
The initial windows PC port will very likely be the same resolution as the iPad client (1024x768). It will be a small client download.

Ok so we know that now. Also about keys, what keys are availible for the PC? we are kinda worried about and unbalanced game do to key bindings.

And when can we expect the PC and android client? exact day please so I can hit Costco for three weeks of chips and Monster energy drinks :cool: LOL like I'm going to get a reply haha

Tailless
10-12-2010, 05:21 PM
so I can hit Costco for three weeks of chips and Monster energy drinks

"Mom!!! More Hot Pockets!!!"

setec
10-12-2010, 06:53 PM

Would be nice if there was an option for 1024x600 for standard netbook resolutions. This would be perfect for netbooks.

Royce
10-12-2010, 07:06 PM
Would be nice if there was an option for 1024x600 for standard netbook resolutions. This would be perfect for netbooks.

Omg, good point. I'm not even gonna be able to play on my netbook :eek:
Please consider this STS, or at least support 800x600 so I can at least fit it on the screen, and it would still be the same aspect ratio. God I don't even know where my hulking old laptop is, but I guess I'll have to dig it out.

Azrael
10-12-2010, 08:38 PM
I think one of the very few things STS could do to make me stop playing, would be to release Pocket Legends for PC and not onto Mac OSX. If its available on the computer and i can't play it like that... I'd be at too much of a disadvantage. Granted i'm only on a few minutes a day lately given my lack of interest in ao3 and current pvp... and.. 'cough' *seven swords official*, but i hope things come around.

Its an ambition idea, and one that i'm sure STS and the players hope could generate more revenue for more development.

reddragon72
10-13-2010, 10:28 AM
Just got out of a chat room a few minutes ago on MMORPG and one person in there said that he saw, and I'm not sure were or how, that PL was just requested for Android market name with a 15OCT release date???????? Someone find out how you see upcoming games or apps relelasing on the Android Market!! Or Dev's tell us a simple yes or no.... please :D

The wait is killing us and now this dude on a chat just tosses out this info......

FYI we were talking about the only other cross platform game from mobile to PC Shadow of Destiny, and how the devs gave up on it because of hardware issues, and this guy just threw the whole PL 15OCT thing!!!

markus
10-13-2010, 11:36 AM
Some how from the silence on the devs part and the fact that the info they released was really not new we still have a bit to wait.... thinking about going and finding a plain old 2g ipod touch to play on till I can play on my droid. Think one of my wifes cousins has one I can use for a bit.... the wait is killing me and iam sick of waiting for it to come out.

markus
10-13-2010, 11:37 AM
Seven swords is comming to android?

reddragon72
10-13-2010, 01:09 PM
Some how from the silence on the devs part and the fact that the info they released was really not new we still have a bit to wait.... thinking about going and finding a plain old 2g ipod touch to play on till I can play on my droid. Think one of my wifes cousins has one I can use for a bit.... the wait is killing me and iam sick of waiting for it to come out.

I hear yea, but I wont touch and apple product.....

Seven swords is comming to android?

where did you hear that...

markus
10-13-2010, 02:01 PM
Nvrm thought I saw it posted some where. Meh iam just bored to death with all the stupid android games out right now....... I want a decent game to play. Dungeon defender looks pretty cool. Think iam gona give up on pocket legends till like christmas. That's if they even make it by then. That was a little disapointing about should be out b4 2011, and the fact that all the info they gave us was like 2 months old. Iam not holding my breath on this one anymore suppose when it gets here it gets here............

Ill just play allods I guess till then.

Varking
10-13-2010, 03:02 PM
We can stop asking about them giving us more information on the Android version. I asked about the Android version and told them about my Android Game Blog site, and asked if I purchased some things now for my character would they transfer over to my android version and this is what was said.. I quote:

Posting private correspondence is a big no-no. - justg

When they are ready for us to hear more about it, we will hear more about it. Complaining isn't going to get us anywhere.

markus
10-13-2010, 06:29 PM
Just stateing I was disapointed after 2months they were not any closer then b4....

Varking
10-13-2010, 07:21 PM
Just stateing I was disapointed after 2months they were not any closer then b4....

Just because they haven't stated how far they have gotten does not mean progress was not made. They just said they are not ready to tell us about any of it yet. Be patient. read a book, or find another game to kill time.

Gaabob
10-13-2010, 07:32 PM
Or go buy yourself an iPod touch

markus
10-14-2010, 07:48 AM
been thinking about buying one lol

reddragon72
10-14-2010, 11:44 AM
I looked into iOS emulators, but came up empty handed. Oh well I'll wait.

And you said they added you to there list of testers??? I write for an Android game site how do I get on there "tester" list? And yes I have emailed them about it and they didn't add me....

markus
10-14-2010, 05:50 PM
I've been told by 2 devs there is no beta. All beta testing done is internal.

Cascade
10-14-2010, 05:52 PM
Hurry up devs i want PL on my PC and Android! ;)

markus
10-14-2010, 06:10 PM
I know right....... anyone ever try allods online? Its been filling my time for the moment for mmos. I really can't wait for this, wife and child are still up for trade! Lol

Chickdigcookies
10-14-2010, 07:01 PM
I know right....... anyone ever try allods online? Its been filling my time for the moment for mmos. I really can't wait for this, wife and child are still up for trade! Lol

lol...its a fun game. all the Droid users will love it.

Jownz
10-14-2010, 08:13 PM
Lol mom more hot pockets lol south park ossm

reddragon72
10-15-2010, 11:37 AM
Man the devs must be tired of hearing from Android people. Well devs there is one way to shut us up ;-)

but for now Angry birds and Mini squadron are filling in the gap, but I'm afraid they wont last long :-)

markus
10-15-2010, 12:37 PM
is the full version of angry birds out? allready have all stars on the beta lvls. mini squadron is ok but iam slowly losing intrest. thinking about picking crusader of destiny or caligo chaser back up for a bit......... hopefully the devs will relase a date for us so we can all ask for that day off of work and get some white cheese cheez its and couple bottles of caffinated drinks! lol

Chickdigcookies
10-15-2010, 01:02 PM
Man the devs must be tired of hearing from Android people. Well devs there is one way to shut us up ;-)

actually i think they enjoy it. you guys dont even play the game and yet are super thrilled, tickled even, about it. selling a product before even having it is hard to do, and well, you guys are going to buy it when it goes live i imagine. just hold on, itll be worth the wait. and i know STS wont let the Droid Market down.

shadywack
10-15-2010, 01:16 PM

but for now Angry birds and Mini squadron are filling in the gap, but I'm afraid they wont last long :-)

Yeah Android has definitely been gaining traction. Hoping for next month.

Varking
10-15-2010, 01:20 PM
is the full version of angry birds out? allready have all stars on the beta lvls. mini squadron is ok but iam slowly losing intrest. thinking about picking crusader of destiny or caligo chaser back up for a bit......... hopefully the devs will relase a date for us so we can all ask for that day off of work and get some white cheese cheez its and couple bottles of caffinated drinks! lol
Angry Birds full version is out but its not on the market yet. It made news on droidforums.net.

If you are picking between Caligo Chasers and Crusade of Destiny I would go with Caligo Chasers. Crusade of Destiny gets stale after a few quests and a lot of the bugs from launch still aren't fixed. Com2uS at least updates their games.

Xcelerator
10-15-2010, 01:39 PM
I've got a couple of friends who are waiting for Pocket Legends to be released on the Droid, but I have the iPhone :p excited for them to be able to play

Varking
10-15-2010, 01:41 PM
Droidforums.net updated and said angry birds is out for free on the android market now.

reddragon72
10-15-2010, 03:43 PM
I simply cannot wait for this game. To be able to play on my phone then later on my computer and back to phone is great, but I love MMO's and this fills that void X2 because it is free to play, even though you do have to buy some stuff, but it is still cheaper then a full blown MMO and you get to play on two different platforms.

And yes Angry Birds is available on the Market now. but I'm having a hard time playing it because I keep thinking about PL's release date, or lack there of :-) LOL

markus
10-15-2010, 10:53 PM
Wow why is angry birds free? Such a good game.... it might hold my intrest till we get more info about pl...
Hey thanks for the heads up guys knew it was comming sometime just wasn't sure when. Yea crusader of destiny looked promiseing but was meh after about 18 lvls.... zenonia is ok but I hate the graphics. I think I will play caligo somemore after I get bored with angry birds, that's if POCKET LEGENDS IS NOT OUT BY THEN.

Varking
10-16-2010, 06:55 AM
Wow why is angry birds free? Such a good game.... it might hold my intrest till we get more info about pl...
Hey thanks for the heads up guys knew it was comming sometime just wasn't sure when. Yea crusader of destiny looked promiseing but was meh after about 18 lvls.... zenonia is ok but I hate the graphics. I think I will play caligo somemore after I get bored with angry birds, that's if POCKET LEGENDS IS NOT OUT BY THEN.

They said they want as many people playing as possible. They said when Google adds in app transactions they will allow you to buy a ticket that makes Angry Birds add free. But, depending on what ROM you have on your phone you might have all adds blocked anyway.

markus
10-16-2010, 10:14 AM
Yea soon as I dled it I noticed adds. So speaking of in app purches, that's all pl is waitig for right? So really its up to google when we get pl....maybe we are harrasing the wrong ppl lol!

Varking
10-16-2010, 11:12 AM
Yea soon as I dled it I noticed adds. So speaking of in app purches, that's all pl is waitig for right? So really its up to google when we get pl....maybe we are harrasing the wrong ppl lol!
Correct, and there are a lot of other developers who are waiting for Google to enable that on their market as well. Another MMORPG called "IMO: World of Magic" is a free to play, in app purchase game as well waiting for it.

markus
10-16-2010, 04:05 PM
Yea I aaw that one a while back when I googled mobile mmorpg. Didn't know it was comming to android but the graphix look like zenonia..... I like better graphix. But its a good step for andoid, getting all these games!

Thelonearcher
10-16-2010, 04:27 PM
Pc will be so hard to pvp clicking the skills is much slower then pressing them i think

Chickdigcookies
10-16-2010, 05:30 PM
Pc will be so hard to pvp clicking the skills is much slower then pressing them i think

lol?

l2macropleaseandhotkey.

markus
10-16-2010, 11:42 PM
Clicking fails........ macro everything and hotkeys is pwnage

reddragon72
10-17-2010, 08:22 AM
lol?

l2macropleaseandhotkey.

What he is saying,as well as me, is that we believe no keys other then wasz will be used so PC's wont have an advantage over the touchscreen only version. And due to that it might be harder for the PC version to use the mouse over the touchscreen.

I don't see the PC version allowing full keyboard and only seeing the wasz keys for movement.

Varking
10-17-2010, 09:24 AM
If you are somebody who has a logitech G15 keyboard like myself on the PC there is a way to make it all work.

reddragon72
10-17-2010, 11:36 AM
I'm looking at the G15 now, but I'm not seeing how it sets up mouse clicks.

At any rate, it really doesn't concern me, I just want the game on Android! Is it possible to have withdraws from something you've never played before? LOL

kurl
10-17-2010, 11:53 AM
you can play on the pc ???????????????? how???????

Justg
10-17-2010, 11:57 AM
PC client is not out yet... target is late this year.

Arterra
10-17-2010, 12:00 PM
nice little Christmas present to us from spacetime lol. i forsee last minute opening.

kurl
10-17-2010, 12:09 PM
PC client is not out yet... target is late this year.

wow justg is fast and ohhh ok and will it still be pocket legends considering you can put a computer in your pocket unless you got hammer pants? XD

Justg
10-17-2010, 12:10 PM
Pocket Legends XL?

Dizko
10-17-2010, 12:30 PM
Rucksack Legends :D

Arterra
10-17-2010, 12:41 PM
BackBreaker Legends

Trollpackan
10-19-2010, 07:26 AM
Ok, so the PC version will be out late this year. Will the Android version be out any sooner?

I broke my iPhone so I turned it in to get it fixed, will take 14 days... :( I have a HTC Desire coming tomorrow...so a long shot hope is that the Android version will be out...later this week? ;)

No but seriously, will it come before the PC version?

Justg
10-19-2010, 08:24 AM
Yes, Android will be out before PC.

Trollpackan
10-19-2010, 08:49 AM
Yes, Android will be out before PC.

Grrreat! Would you care to do a ballpark guess... :D

Arterra
10-19-2010, 09:09 AM
TOMORROW. 7:40 pm SHARP. BE THERE.

shadywack
10-19-2010, 09:39 AM
In the front page story abut this it was said in the comments "neither this month".

Trollpackan
10-19-2010, 09:41 AM
TOMORROW. 7:40 pm SHARP. BE THERE.

Hmm...naah, don't believe you. Think you're a joker...

dshearn
10-19-2010, 09:58 AM
Word is getting out on this project for android.....

There is a whole bunch of android users that cant WAIT for this to go live...

Justg
10-19-2010, 10:07 AM
Where do you guys hang out? We want to get the word to the Android market as well. What are the good sites?

Varking
10-19-2010, 10:13 AM
DroidForums.net and AndroidForums.com are the two most popular android sites in terms of activity.

Chickdigcookies
10-19-2010, 10:35 AM
Where do you guys hang out? We want to get the word to the Android market as well. What are the good sites?

justg when sts goes public (stock) can i have 1% of the company?

reddragon72
10-19-2010, 10:58 AM

Also get ahold of andrew huff AKA ExtremeT He is the owner of the site droidgamers.com and will easily spread the word. Tell him Reddragon72 sent you as I am part of the site but he can post quicker then me.

Also the two sites mentioned above by Varking will get news spreading rapidly!

So are we getting the app this week? I have Andrew on IM right now.

shadywack
10-19-2010, 10:59 AM

AndroidCentral is one of the more premiere communities. DroidForums. Honestly the bigger sites like Engadget and Gizmodo get Android news from Droid-Life.com a lot of the time for big announcements like this. I think it would get the most attention that way.

shadywack
10-19-2010, 11:03 AM
btw, for the people asking if its coming out this week.

That quest has already been answered on the frontpage in the comments.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/content.php?179-Pocket-Legends-Four-Platforms-One-Server#new_comment

Android first, then PC, neither this month.

reddragon72
10-19-2010, 11:20 AM
btw, for the people asking if its coming out this week.

That quest has already been answered on the frontpage in the comments.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/content.php?179-Pocket-Legends-Four-Platforms-One-Server#new_comment

Well considering that he came out of nowhere and started asking about where to post news we can only hope and wonder that the original info that you posted my be moved. I mean companies push back launch dates all the time, maybe once a company will move the date forward :D I am staying positive!

Varking
10-19-2010, 05:50 PM
Just saw this on Twitter from @PocketLegends when somebody asked when it will be out for Android:

We're on it man, expect it around Thanksgiving :)

reddragon72
10-19-2010, 08:12 PM
Just saw this on Twitter from @PocketLegends when somebody asked when it will be out for Android:

Well that is kinda good news, but I still don't know why they are asking about putting out news at this time. This doesn't fallow the android way LOL.

BTW deb's I'm still open for beta testing. Hehe

markus
10-19-2010, 11:00 PM
I want this game already!!! I've been really patient about posting but now I really freaking want it with all this buzz!

Btw...... I bet the devs are just trying to tease us by asking where to post. That way everyone will be like oh man there gona release it like today!! Lol what fun would it be for the devs without a little game playing and teasers to keep us fans on the edge...... well with moving and angry birds I've been to busy to post. Now that I have a minute I just wanted to tell the devs hurry up and get me my darn pocket legends!!

reddragon72
10-20-2010, 09:20 AM
I hear ya Markus, I hear ya. But it seems that no matter how badly we want the game and how much we talk about it isn't going to make the devs release it any earlier :( but here's to hoping for a quick 30 days to get us closer to that release day.