PDA

View Full Version : super awesome stuff

Gaabob
10-11-2010, 03:59 PM
Ok here's what I will be including in this thread: all the various combos with descriptions, the SUPER MEGA COMBO COMBO

Please not that these things are not obsolete, and are easily prone to change. Please respond with all your thoughts, and any better ideas/additions that you wish to make to this thread. (you may add anything you want to the various wiki's, as idc)

The combos simplified:

ice storm+fireblast= aoe combo- hotflash
...........-same with frostbite+fireblast- single target
...........-same with stomp+fireblast- aoe

shattering scream+blast shot=aoe- cruel blast

thorn wall+lightening= aoe nature strike
...........-same with thorn root+lightening- single target

weakness+hell scream= terror
...........-same with shattering scream+hell scream-aoe

Here is much easier/faster way of doing SUPER mega combos while in a group:

Corner pull(currently leading kill alot of stuff method)- Your bear uses taunt, and then beckon to pull all the enemies into a corner. When the mages sees all the enemies right up in corner spams both debuffs, and hits icestorm. Also while mage is doing this the bird casts a root wall. When bear sees the purple from the mage debuffs hits hellscream. While bear is hitting off the terror combo, mage hits lightening THEN fireblast(important that lightening is first to catch the nature strike combo before the hotstrike combo). Then you do what you need to do, firing off more combos until the corner is dead, and you move on to the next corner etc.
-note, you don't NEED to do a corner pull, but it helps keep everything tight together, and enemies don't go flying all over the place

hints for general combo usage:
-bear watch the elf/mage, when you see the purple hit off a hell scream
-mage watch the enemies, when you see a root wall flaring up hit off a lightening>icestorm>fireblast(in that order-very good combo)
-make sure that if you see a root wall on the enemies, to (bears) not stomp, or (elf) not fireblast, untill a mage can fire off the nature strike combo

Following is an elaboration on the previously mentioned combos

-Exclusively:
elf: ice storm(2-6 sec freeze, aoe)+firestorm(bast back)-aoe combo(name?)
frostbite(2-6 sec freeze, individual enemy)+firestorm(blast back)-one enemy combo(name?)

bird: Shattering scream(armor, DMG debuff)+blast shot(area blast, aoe within range)- aoe combo within range (name?)

bear: sadly, bears don't have any single combos :( (he should get one ;))

-Combo character combos:

(bird) thorn wall(aoe) or thorn root(individual) (aoe root in place for small time)+(elf)lightening(aoe lightening storm, small armor debuff)=nature strike! (love when this one goes off- so cool, and does alot of damage)

(elf)ice storm/frostbite+(bear) stomp(knock back+stun)= same as elf combo hotflash?

(elf)weakness(dmg and hit chance debuff)(also maybe nightmare, not positive on this one)+ (bear)hell scream(dmg and armor debuff= terror (I think it does some damage, and also large debuff) this one needs testing

also - (bird)shattering scream+(bear)hell scream(dmg and armor debuff= terror

-Now for the SUPER MEGA COMBO THING With ONE mage, ONE bird, ONE bear
This is a combination of all the individual combos, in tandem with various debuffs. The goal of the SUPER MEGA COMBO is to do it in 5(3 much more effective) seconds. I will try and display it below, probably very rough and is open to constructive criticism.

1. Everyone buff up
bear- iron blood, rage, evade, taunt
bird- evasion, focus
elf- blessing of might, blessing of vitality

2. bear- beckon

2.5 elf- nightmare and weakness

3. bear- hell scream

3.5 bird- thorn wall, thorn root

4. elf- lightening
bird- do your bast shot spam- shattering scream, break armor, blast shot, blinding shot

4.5 elf- icestorm, frostbite

5. bear-stomp
elf- firestorm

-repeat

Important- terror combo (root wall+lightening) followed by ice and blast is the most damage dealing in this. If done right, this can technically be done in 5 seconds and it will KILL stuff!!(never been tested- all theory, someone go try it out)

P.S. I love criticism, but only when it is constructive, please keep your negative comments out of here

Thanks for your time, I hope you get alot from this thread, BOB

Arterra
10-11-2010, 06:16 PM
i like the idea! but... i need a order here. at east some bolding, my eye just kept drifting away lool

Gaabob
10-11-2010, 06:44 PM
i like the idea! but... i need a order here. at east some bolding, my eye just kept drifting away lool

Feel free to copy-paste and have at it editing! Whatever I make will look ugly lol, will change it if you make it pretty ;)

Inching
10-11-2010, 07:26 PM
good stuff but that SUPER MEGA COMBO COMBO is kinda impossible to pull off I think unless its a pre organized group everytime which is rare and will take ages to master and get right.

Also with the Mage (since I am pure mage) its a bit rare one would have frostbite skilled learned expecially to the max unless you are a hard core PvP guy which is even more rare seeing you are a pure mage. There's a slim chance if you are a pure mage you might have frostbite learned but if pally I think very very slim chance it will be learned at all expecially to the max unless that person really likes this spell.

my 2 cents, thx Inching

Gaabob
10-11-2010, 07:44 PM
Just putting all the options out there, it can be used interchangeably with the icestorm as well(for combos just best to go with icestorm for best combo damage)

Also the SUPER MEGA COMBO is only designed for those elite farmers or players who spend alot of time in PL, love a challenge, and love seeing all those combos go off. Most use for it would be exp farming when smashing corner mobs.

I dare any group of hardcores to make it work, and to improve it :).

Arterra
10-11-2010, 08:46 PM
good stuff but that SUPER MEGA COMBO COMBO is kinda impossible to pull off I think unless its a pre organized group everytime which is rare and will take ages to master and get right.

Also with the Mage (since I am pure mage) its a bit rare one would have frostbite skilled learned expecially to the max unless you are a hard core PvP guy which is even more rare seeing you are a pure mage. There's a slim chance if you are a pure mage you might have frostbite learned but if pally I think very very slim chance it will be learned at all expecially to the max unless that person really likes this spell.

my 2 cents, thx Inching

i got both ice powers for one reason: to maximize on combos. i use one and firestorm for a combo and use the other one to leave for a bear to stomp at :D

Gaabob
10-12-2010, 05:27 PM
Edited it for readability(hope it's a little better) and added another terror combo

Gaabob
10-12-2010, 07:31 PM
Lol either I made this so perfect that no one has anything to change/add, or everyone is boring.

Fyrce
10-13-2010, 10:59 AM
I thought the bird/bear terror combo was shattering scream + hell scream.

BeardedBear
10-13-2010, 11:09 AM
I thought the bird/bear terror combo was shattering scream + hell scream.

I thought you needed nightmare for this, but time and time again I trigger terror with my bear, accompanied by a bird, so this must be true. Or at least possible with bird and bear.

Nice work on this thread Gaabob. I'd suggest making it a bit more organized and possibly listing all the combos.

Stratospaly
10-13-2010, 01:38 PM
With a good group of friends that play together the big combo would be an option. This could be something like Lotros gambit/conjunction system where each member of a team does their skill after another. The end result is massive AE debuff and damage.

The limmitations of the game make it harder, but could be done with things like ventrilo or teamspeak.

Gaabob
10-13-2010, 04:00 PM
Yea it's shattering scream+ hell scream, discovered that last night but didn't fix. Will edit later, cleaning up some, fixing stuff, and will add a list of combos at the top(with descriptions at the bottom).

Fyrce I think you are thinking about the shatter+hell terror combo. Birds and tanks probably spam skills alot, so discovering which things do what combos is difficult with all the giant mass of combos usually going off.

Gaabob
10-13-2010, 04:05 PM
Also strato, on thing that would work kind of better is instead often step by step(which is difficult to coordinate) just be sure each player knows the best time to hit stuff, and set up in the group when people do what

Ex.

Corner pull:

-bear pulls

When everything is in corner Mage then spams debuffs and ice, bird does root wall
When bear sees Mage debuffs going off hits hellscream. Then mage does lightening and fireblast. And then you go from there

The SUPER COMBO is set up for maximum possible damage, but is admittedly unrealistic. Much better just to set up a loose ingroup system, and tell each person to watch for the best time to hit off stuff so that combos are done well

Like:

Bear watches for purple stuff before hellscream
Mage watches for root before lightening
Making sure not to unroot with a stomp or fireblast
Etc.

Gaabob
10-13-2010, 05:45 PM
Ok I updated it again with (hopefully) better organization, and content

Fyrce
10-13-2010, 06:26 PM
Mage can debuff before/during the bear's pull. Whatever mobs are affected by the debuffs won't lose them just because they've moved locations. So often as a mage, I like to run in, debuff, run out behind the bear that's heading to the corner to pull. Then bird thorns the mobs in the corner, mage lightnings again, ices, blah blah and when done, bear scatters them and does it all over again. Though usually by this time, most of the mobs should be dead.

There are groups that are good at this. There are more groups that are NOT good at it, but there ARE good players out there. You watch them; they watch you. Lots of combos get fired off. I think it helps to play the different classes: You get to know the combos from the other side and also become familiar with the cool-down rates. Some skills can be used very often, such as lightning, in which case you can fire off the skill, wait for the first part of the combo and re-fire for the combo. And of course, not all skills are just for combos. Stunning and corralling is very important for bears to be doing, so those might take precedence in the fight. Combos don't matter if the whole group is dead from one-shot deaths.

Gaabob
10-13-2010, 06:35 PM
Yes the debuff while bear runs to pull is a good idea. I suggested doing it after pull, becaus usually I'm with noobs or loafers and it takes a while for them to catch up to me(bear). Also Mage needs to time the debuff just right so that the bear can pull and hit hellscream before debuff runs out(which is like 5 secs). The best sort of team can have it worked well enough so that everyone that needs to be there when bear pulls is there and ready. My least favorite character is the bear because it's so easy to find a good bear, but good support players that know what to do and when to do it are rare, so I like the pally for ao3 (can survive hits and three Thoth set him up for constant specialling).

Arterra
12-01-2010, 09:12 PM
i think it is time for special or alt combos... like darkbolt proc and blast shot/hellscream, shattering scream and hellscream, and maybe if you can properly record them, monster combos to us

Fyrce
12-02-2010, 01:50 AM
LOL, I would love to see triple combos or if you get certain combos in order, a higher level combo results. That'd be a blast to figure out. After all, most of us figured out combos after seeing them and asking the other party what skill(s) they just used. And then trying it with the group, with our alts, and figuring out timing with skills that have longer cool-downs or other uses.

As for timing combos, it's not that hard since you're playing one class at any one time. Most of the combo skills are ones you should be using anyways. If the bear is pulling, it's a good idea to root/freeze all those mobs, etc.

TheLaw
12-02-2010, 02:57 AM
You need real teamwork on this one guys, its possible, uses little mana with the new update, and what else? its hell speed to clear dungeons.

Lesrider
12-02-2010, 06:44 AM
A triple-combo using all three classes would be nice. Should be good enough to make it worth having at least 1 of each class in your party. (right now we've been going more and more without bears and not missing them one bit)

SongSaLueng
12-10-2010, 10:16 PM
Why I do not as a Combo.

Pharcyde
12-11-2010, 12:12 AM
What about combos like "rejuvenate!" and "Face melt"?

Superzarop
12-11-2010, 07:39 AM
What does cruel blast do excactly?

Fyrce
12-30-2010, 02:54 AM
... Bump ...

WhoIsThis
01-29-2011, 07:37 PM
Has anyone been able to execute the super mega combo effectively?

Xymorg
02-12-2011, 04:29 PM
So I hadn't been soloing enough to notice until today, but the Flushers Gemstone Wand from BS has a darkness proc that a mage can combo with weakness or nightmare, idk/c which cause they are really one skill to me: debuff. It looks like a terror combo and is called "Drained".

I didn't see any thread for new bs item combos & search came up empty. You guys seen any others?

Pokechmp
03-08-2011, 06:04 PM
There is a combo for bear. Beckon + stomp = smash. Idk what it does, tho.
Ok here's what I will be including in this thread: all the various combos with descriptions, the SUPER MEGA COMBO COMBO

Please not that these things are not obsolete, and are easily prone to change. Please respond with all your thoughts, and any better ideas/additions that you wish to make to this thread. (you may add anything you want to the various wiki's, as idc)

The combos simplified:

ice storm+fireblast= aoe combo- hotflash
...........-same with frostbite+fireblast- single target
...........-same with stomp+fireblast- aoe

shattering scream+blast shot=aoe- cruel blast

thorn wall+lightening= aoe nature strike
...........-same with thorn root+lightening- single target

weakness+hell scream= terror
...........-same with shattering scream+hell scream-aoe

Here is much easier/faster way of doing SUPER mega combos while in a group:

Corner pull(currently leading kill alot of stuff method)- Your bear uses taunt, and then beckon to pull all the enemies into a corner. When the mages sees all the enemies right up in corner spams both debuffs, and hits icestorm. Also while mage is doing this the bird casts a root wall. When bear sees the purple from the mage debuffs hits hellscream. While bear is hitting off the terror combo, mage hits lightening THEN fireblast(important that lightening is first to catch the nature strike combo before the hotstrike combo). Then you do what you need to do, firing off more combos until the corner is dead, and you move on to the next corner etc.
-note, you don't NEED to do a corner pull, but it helps keep everything tight together, and enemies don't go flying all over the place

hints for general combo usage:
-bear watch the elf/mage, when you see the purple hit off a hell scream
-mage watch the enemies, when you see a root wall flaring up hit off a lightening>icestorm>fireblast(in that order-very good combo)
-make sure that if you see a root wall on the enemies, to (bears) not stomp, or (elf) not fireblast, untill a mage can fire off the nature strike combo

Following is an elaboration on the previously mentioned combos

-Exclusively:
elf: ice storm(2-6 sec freeze, aoe)+firestorm(bast back)-aoe combo(name?)
frostbite(2-6 sec freeze, individual enemy)+firestorm(blast back)-one enemy combo(name?)

bird: Shattering scream(armor, DMG debuff)+blast shot(area blast, aoe within range)- aoe combo within range (name?)

bear: sadly, bears don't have any single combos :( (he should get one ;))

-Combo character combos:

(bird) thorn wall(aoe) or thorn root(individual) (aoe root in place for small time)+(elf)lightening(aoe lightening storm, small armor debuff)=nature strike! (love when this one goes off- so cool, and does alot of damage)

(elf)ice storm/frostbite+(bear) stomp(knock back+stun)= same as elf combo hotflash?

(elf)weakness(dmg and hit chance debuff)(also maybe nightmare, not positive on this one)+ (bear)hell scream(dmg and armor debuff= terror (I think it does some damage, and also large debuff) this one needs testing

also - (bird)shattering scream+(bear)hell scream(dmg and armor debuff= terror

-Now for the SUPER MEGA COMBO THING With ONE mage, ONE bird, ONE bear
This is a combination of all the individual combos, in tandem with various debuffs. The goal of the SUPER MEGA COMBO is to do it in 5(3 much more effective) seconds. I will try and display it below, probably very rough and is open to constructive criticism.

1. Everyone buff up
bear- iron blood, rage, evade, taunt
bird- evasion, focus
elf- blessing of might, blessing of vitality

2. bear- beckon

2.5 elf- nightmare and weakness

3. bear- hell scream

3.5 bird- thorn wall, thorn root

4. elf- lightening
bird- do your bast shot spam- shattering scream, break armor, blast shot, blinding shot

4.5 elf- icestorm, frostbite

5. bear-stomp
elf- firestorm

-repeat

Important- terror combo (root wall+lightening) followed by ice and blast is the most damage dealing in this. If done right, this can technically be done in 5 seconds and it will KILL stuff!!(never been tested- all theory, someone go try it out)

P.S. I love criticism, but only when it is constructive, please keep your negative comments out of here

Thanks for your time, I hope you get alot from this thread, BOB

Whitey819
04-23-2011, 05:56 AM
hi i was playing in the snow peak mountains today and me and my party were spamming random attacks at a yetti and then it came up on the screen saying mega combo and amassive coffin/brick thing fell out the sky and landed on his head
anyone got any ideas on what it could be

Ellyidol
04-23-2011, 05:58 AM
hi i was playing in the snow peak mountains today and me and my party were spamming random attacks at a yetti and then it came up on the screen saying mega combo and amassive coffin/brick thing fell out the sky and landed on his head
anyone got any ideas on what it could be

In here :

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?23906-Mega-Combo-Picture.

Whitey819
04-23-2011, 06:15 AM
thanks ellyidol