PDA

View Full Version : Can sts please make one way gates for spawn zones in PvP

djironlung
05-17-2013, 07:50 AM
I like a lot of people are sick of spawn zones rushing. one it's lame and sad two it's just plain annoying especially when you just join a game and five people are waiting in the spawn zones to just kill you. I have noticed recently a lot of people saying in matches" no spawn rushing" but then again these people have dignity and class. then there are the rest of the lame and sad people who just group up and rush back and forth to spawn zones not giving people equal and fair chances to actually play. these people are sad and lack any true skill they are just gang banging and its lame. Sts should be able to fit the bottom parts of spawning zones with one way gates that players could go into the arena from but not back through. this would allow players to spawn and get a chance to actually see what coming before there are five people on top of them. I think this would balance PvP into a fairer and more dignified playing field. one way gates on spawn zones would end spawn zones rushing and make these lame and skillless players actually have to fight on a fair battlefield whose with ME. AND these gates must be one way to prevent people from running back to the spawn zones to hide and heal when they almost die or they would be counter productive. Now I'll say again who is with me

Noobiam
05-17-2013, 07:57 AM
I agree with this. +1

Lok
05-17-2013, 07:58 AM
Totally agree with this.

Maokaje
05-17-2013, 08:13 AM
Agreed ^-^

tramtamtam
05-17-2013, 08:18 AM
This should have been done with start of pvp, supporting.

Cero
05-17-2013, 08:29 AM
i can understand but in the end players will make a thread "open the gate for 2mins" because the other team is just sitting behind the gate.

our guild is trying not to start spawn killing but i observed that oppenents are hiding in their VIP rooms.

PvP arena is a killing zone. shouldve made yourself ready to die if you enter the room.

Asireuz
05-17-2013, 08:31 AM
There have been many suggestions for this problem, it is about time the developers started showing they care. Spawn killing ruins the PvP experience. One way spawns could work, and I liked the fog of war idea.

djironlung
05-17-2013, 08:32 AM
cero you are a spawn rusher yes made available to play but not to have five people waiting to kill you as soon as you zone in like you are always doing I see you do this all the time it shows no skill and no class you just don't want to have to work for kills

Greencrow
05-17-2013, 08:35 AM
I agree with this DJ! :)

Cero
05-17-2013, 08:40 AM
cero you are a spawn rusher yes made available to play but not to have five people waiting to kill you as soon as you zone in like you are always doing I see you do this all the time it shows no skill and no class you just don't want to have to work for kills

lol
i wont lie that i ddnt but what i said is people will take advantage of it ...the killing will go stale/stop/pause.

"I see you always do this all the time"
lol, i havent seen you until like 6hrs ago(?)

Jakeeeee
05-17-2013, 08:42 AM
Totally agree with this...:)

Avaree
05-17-2013, 08:44 AM
I totally agree with this :)

Ebezaanec
05-17-2013, 08:45 AM
Wouldnt be too hard to implement this idea. +1

djironlung
05-17-2013, 08:55 AM
lol
i wont lie that i ddnt but what i said is people will take advantage of it ...the killing will go stale/stop/pause.

as I said you will actually have to work for your kills and give players a chance to zone in and get into the arena to challenge them mano y mano before you can kill them giving them a fair chance to play off course there will be praised cause you will have to wait for people to be Ray to fight not just jump them as soon ad they respawn making it a fair and even challenge for all to play thks will also prevent puerile from just immediately leaving the arena cause they want to play not just be farmed. so mute games will actually stay alive instead of just ending prematurely which is the effect of spawn zone rushing puerile just get aggravated and leave when this happens don't be too afraid of the challenge this will pose and get ready cause this is going to get s huge following of support.

Puntus
05-17-2013, 08:57 AM
Totally agreed with this thread!! STS please read wigh attention this thread

Regards

(Erill-Chivalrous Union)

Cero
05-17-2013, 09:00 AM
lol

as I said you will actually have to work for your kills and give players a chance to zone in and get into the arena to challenge them mano y mano before you can kill them giving them a fair chance to play off course there will be praised cause you will have to wait for people to be Ray to fight not just jump them as soon ad they respawn making it a fair and even challenge for all to play thks will also prevent puerile from just immediately leaving the arena cause they want to play not just be farmed. so mute games will actually stay alive instead of just ending prematurely which is the effect of spawn zone rushing puerile just get aggravated and leave when this happens don't be too afraid of the challenge this will pose and get ready cause this is going to get s huge following of support.

leaving because of spawn killling and leaving because players are hiding behind the gates have similarities.

lol you talk like i spawn kill alot and is afraid to pvp. funny coz i rarely see you in pvp.

SkyDagger
05-17-2013, 09:05 AM
Agree on this. I experienced this always xD there is one time opposite team moving zone to zone just like clearing a spawning area, but managed to escape and one of there team died so i do solo to kill that one on his spawn and now he's whining that " Now your killing on spawn area " i was just like o,O after he enjoy doing kill spawn per spawn he will just whine like that.

Hopefully devs should look in to this. +1 :encouragement:

Erdnase
05-17-2013, 09:17 AM
In full agreement with the idea.

And cero. There is a quite a large difference between spawn killing and hiding. Spawn killing is completely unfair, and only benefits one team. But if someone chooses to hid and not fight or are afk, then no one will benefit more than the other. The hider cant kill, and cant get killed either. Personally i dont know of anyone who wasnt afk who would hide too long, because theres no benefit. Its just wasting time. If this does happen tho there r other options. U could flag to end the game, or just leave. Simple, and fair. This is way too small an issue to make me think twice if this should be implemented.

djironlung
05-17-2013, 09:32 AM
cero is just simply afraid to have to face people on a level playing field when everyone else just agrees this is a good idea

Swede
05-17-2013, 10:20 AM
We don't have that tech at the moment but I'll see what kind of designer magic I can come up with to solve the problem.

Xstealthxx
05-17-2013, 10:22 AM
I agree with this!

jtst
05-17-2013, 10:27 AM
We don't have that tech at the moment but I'll see what kind of designer magic I can come up with to solve the problem.

Thx Swede.

wvhills
05-17-2013, 10:46 AM

the way to solve the problem is to fight ur way out, regroup and attack the other team. Mages may be at a disadvantage but rogues and warriors can both use their jump skills to get out of the room before the other team has a chance to get there.

Natrich
05-17-2013, 11:04 AM
This idea is also another option: fog of war (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?93764-quot-Fog-of-War-quot-and-Respawning-in-PVP)

djironlung
05-17-2013, 11:05 AM
I am so glad to hear a developer taking the time out of his busy day to listen to us, the players, and help us. thank you so much for your time and care into helping us players get a better game we really appreciate your attention and it means a lot to us that you can care. thanks again

Darelol
05-17-2013, 12:21 PM
Opps sorry iron that I am late in replying your post

Mystiq
05-17-2013, 01:01 PM
I am so glad to hear a developer taking the time out of his busy day to listen to us, the players, and help us. thank you so much for your time and care into helping us players get a better game we really appreciate your attention and it means a lot to us that you can care. thanks again

Yeah thanks for this swede. But im gonna thank him for making me laugh my *** off for atleast 5 minutes on the thread about banners. Thanks swede : currently my favourite dev!!!

Chili
05-17-2013, 01:29 PM
Completely disagree with this... Kill or be killed...

Teoijio
05-17-2013, 01:53 PM
I think im not the only one who would pvp more if there was a more even (and honorable) field of battle. I am with you.

Chili
05-17-2013, 01:58 PM
Honor? This isn't knights of the round table... Its to the death..

Carapace
05-17-2013, 02:01 PM

I just saw some magic swirls fly over my computer in Swede's direction, I do believe he is toiling on something

Jexetta
05-17-2013, 02:06 PM
Hello,

I posted about this 1 month ago under the player vs player section here:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?92422-Possible-solution-to-spawn-killing&highlight=JEXETTA

I would also like to back-up Cero on this in regards to hiding. Both Cero and I played a signifigant amount of pvp in Dark Legends as well and it's also worth noting that in Dark legends there is a gate that you can activate in the flag room. People will group up behind the gate and "hide" or "camp" resulting in people trash talking back and forth asking them to come out etc - it can make the game stale. This I believe is what Cero is referring to. It's also worth noting that the gate can be fun - it's really a double edged sword. Before you claim I'm going back on what I said in the linked post, I'm not - I'm simply inferring that there is always a resulting negative aspect to almost every solution. While on paper the safe areas may seem like a good idea - you may want to consider people also taking advantage of the very same safe zone to your disadvantage.

Whenever I come into a pvp room and people are spawn killing I discourage it, but it is worth noting that people will also refuse to come out resulting in what Cero was referring to above. Also, lets not insult other players - keep it constructive people, throwing insults at specific players does nothing but derail a common concern.

Thanks!
- Jexetta

Mystiq
05-17-2013, 02:25 PM
I just saw some magic swirls fly over my computer in Swede's direction, I do believe he is toiling on something

Why can't there be devs like u guys on PL?!

Erdnase
05-17-2013, 02:33 PM
Hello,

I posted about this 1 month ago under the player vs player section here:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?92422-Possible-solution-to-spawn-killing&highlight=JEXETTA

I would also like to back-up Cero on this in regards to hiding. Both Cero and I played a signifigant amount of pvp in Dark Legends as well and it's also worth noting that in Dark legends there is a gate that you can activate in the flag room. People will group up behind the gate and "hide" or "camp" resulting in people trash talking back and forth asking them to come out etc - it can make the game stale. This I believe is what Cero is referring to. It's also worth noting that the gate can be fun - it's really a double edged sword. Before you claim I'm going back on what I said in the linked post, I'm not - I'm simply inferring that there is always a resulting negative aspect to almost every solution. While on paper the safe areas may seem like a good idea - you may want to consider people also taking advantage of the very same safe zone to your disadvantage.

Whenever I come into a pvp room and people are spawn killing I discourage it, but it is worth noting that people will also refuse to come out resulting in what Cero was referring to above. Also, lets not insult other players - keep it constructive people, throwing insults at specific players does nothing but derail a common concern.

Thanks!
- Jexetta
Just like with any medication, there is going to be possible side effects. And just like anything, theres always going to be those people that abuse the medication leading to these side issues. I do think i get what u two r saying a little better now tho. But do remember, it is only a one-way gate, after u step through u cant go back and hide. They could group up by waiting on their other mates to die, its something thats done now as well, and regrouping isnt a bad thing. And even now i still see people just staying in spawn trash talking, i dont know that that will ever change. And if people do never come out, like i said, just flag or leave. Its their loss, and their time wasted. But someone really intent on pvping isnt going to do that to start with. In the end, i still dont see this causing a big enough problem to not consider it. It is still just a basic idea, something that could be worked with.

Lady_Pebbles
05-17-2013, 02:52 PM

Nice lol. If it wprks out I hope yall imement it on DL too. :)

Edit: In regards to what jex was saying. The gates in DL are located in the base entrances not the spawn locations. It has become part of many goalie strategies (including my own). On AL it would be used in the spawn locations and hopefully without players being able to use the switch. In bases its understanable though.

Erdnase
05-17-2013, 02:53 PM
Completely disagree with this... Kill or be killed...

Its still to the death, nothing being changed with that. And "kill or be killed" would be even more true, by actually giving everyone equal opportunity to kill.

Darko
05-17-2013, 03:04 PM

I really like my idea.... :) so think of the 5 platinum buff when u die in pve. So I know it csn be done... (5 sec is too long in pvp) once you die, if you automatically recieved 3 sec invulnaribility buff, free from stun, or slowness, or other impairing effects) nobody will attack you (because you can damage them and they cant do anything) it also prevent the issue of a gate...where people would sit and not fight....I think everybody would agree this would at least be helpful and in the step of the right direction

Teoijio
05-17-2013, 03:05 PM

Yes, honor is a strong word, but so is death. This is a game. Not actual war. Its not even real life. But, its supposed to be fun. I think honor is the right word, as it implies fairness. Making it fair will open the door for more players to compete in pvp. If your goal is to make the game more appealing to more players, how does maintaining an exploit achieve this? And additionally, how can you ensure balanced character classes without providing a fair map in which for them to play?

Erdnase
05-17-2013, 03:11 PM
I really like my idea.... :) so think of the 5 platinum buff when u die in pve. So I know it csn be done... (5 sec is too long in pvp) once you die, if you automatically recieved 3 sec invulnaribility buff, free from stun, or slowness, or other impairing effects) nobody will attack you (because you can damage them and they cant do anything) it also prevent the issue of a gate...where people would sit and not fight....I think everybody would agree this would at least be helpful and in the step of the right direction
Yes i think this would work pretty well, tho im not sure 3 sec is enough. For a mage with no speed boost it takes longer then 3 sec to get out of the spawn :D, but yes 5 sec for a warrior with ss would be too long. Maybe mix the 2 ideas. Invulnerability after revive for 10 sec until u step out of spawn. Hmmm. At least something to be worked with, nice idea darko.

Darko
05-17-2013, 03:21 PM
Yes i think this would work pretty well, tho im not sure 3 sec is enough. For a mage with no speed boost it takes longer then 3 sec to get out of the spawn :D, but yes 5 sec for a warrior with ss would be too long. Maybe mix the 2 ideas. Invulnerability after revive for 10 sec or until out of spawn. Hmmm. At least something to be worked with, nice idea darko.

Specifically for mages, I threw in no impaiiring effects, I think that's plenty of time to throw slow time skill, shield skill and run out....since u cant be stunned

Jexetta
05-17-2013, 03:24 PM
Hello Threny, I did say that it was in the flag room in DL!

I really do miss those gates, and sunlight switches in DL pvp - they really were so much fun when used properly.

I'm really looking forward to those magic swirls from Swede! Thanks for taking in all the suggestions lately guys :)

I think what Dark is suggesting is probably the easiest solution to implement. I'm not sure it is this easy, but developers would only need to code "when x player dies, re-spawn player and apply the invulnerable elixer buff". The benefits are as Dark mentioned above.

The other suggestions I've heard to bullet and summarize them for everyone :

3 second invulnerable buff
Only 1 person from the opposite team would be able to enter the opposite players spawn zone
Every player that enters a opposite teams spawn zone would receive damage over time similar to the flag carry damage over time
Clickable gates
Fog of war
Kills do not count in circle portion of the spawn area - once you leave the spawn area however the kill will count - you can't just run back in to be safe. Then it resets again when you die and respawn.

Obviously graphical solutions are the hardest to implement, though they would be really fun - I love the thought of adding another layer of strategy to the game. I think I like the invulnerable and the graphic solutions the best. I can see the other suggestions people taking advantage of them.

Roberto077
05-17-2013, 04:15 PM
None of the others games have gotten this so I doubt it will happen any time soon (We've been waiting for 2 years for this update in PL, no reply)

Cero
05-17-2013, 04:16 PM
cero is just simply afraid to have to face people on a level playing field when everyone else just agrees this is a good idea

lol. says to the guy who only cares for flags.

Swede
05-17-2013, 05:13 PM
Alright, should be changed in the next patch.

I made players who die in PvP maps invulnerable when they resurrect, until they leave the spawn room. So if you want to spawn camp, you'll be fighting invulnerable players in that room.

octavos
05-17-2013, 05:16 PM

I made players who die in PvP maps invulnerable when they resurrect, until they leave the spawn room. So if you want to spawn camp, you'll be fighting invulnerable players in that room.

yay a safe zone ;) but make sure ppl in that room cant fire also lol. its like people gonna camp there and shoot outside the little room (or block it so people cant receive damage from people that are camping in the room.. a invulnerable timer at time of spawn could work too "10 sec" head start to run away and cant fire). XD

Swede
05-17-2013, 05:23 PM
yay a safe zone ;) but make sure ppl in that room cant fire also lol. its like people gonna camp there and shoot outside the little room (or block it so people cant receive damage from people that are camping in the room.. a invulnerable timer at time of spawn could work too "10 sec" head start to run away and cant fire). XD

There shouldn't be a reason for enemy players to go near that room, so not too concerned with them sitting in there and shooting out. Just stand out of range.

octavos
05-17-2013, 05:28 PM
There shouldn't be a reason for enemy players to go near that room, so not too concerned with them sitting in there and shooting out. Just stand out of range.

I see, hope it works out..if not the 10 sec head start works too lol. thz for the reply.

Asmodaie
05-17-2013, 05:36 PM
Well. I would settle for a more interesting (outdoors) pvp arena. It was a nice small setup, but I find it has become too boring.

ishyrionek
05-17-2013, 05:53 PM
Cool :-)

Lady_Pebbles
05-17-2013, 06:00 PM

Niiiiiice. Thanks for that Swede. :)

Maokaje
05-17-2013, 06:02 PM
Glad to see a response to this matter. Of course its till death, if you go pvp expect to die at some point, but thats no reason to gang or spawnrush any other player just to make it easy for yourself NOT to die. Stay fair, this is a game, its about fun, seems like a lot of people have a too big ego for pvp ^-^

Thanks to the devs for caring. I like the idea about the invulnerability, it'd make pvp a much more fair and fun place :) Much appreciated

Darko
05-17-2013, 06:12 PM

Awesome glad u took suggestion. . Question though, are spawns rooms always invulerable, or just after resurrection....reason I ask if the room is this presents two issues....1. They can easily run away and now in a safe zone....2. People play 1 vs 1. In spawn rooms, if they can't hurt each other in them in will upset a lot that like that... if its only invulnerabilty after death than cool

Lady_Pebbles
05-17-2013, 06:19 PM
Darko, PvP in CtF was never meant for 1v1 so they'll have to jump on the band wagon. If not, just figure out another way to do it.

Darko
05-17-2013, 06:38 PM
Darko, PvP in CtF was never meant for 1v1 so they'll have to jump on the band wagon. If not, just figure out another way to do it.

Agreed, I don't 1 vs 1, still hope its not safe zone. . People close to dying will run for safety

Asireuz
05-17-2013, 06:40 PM
Nice. Congrats Djironlung for setting the wheels in motion, and thanks Swede for a quick response, and actually making work of players' concerns. Pleasantly surprising.

Darko
05-17-2013, 07:00 PM
Nice. Congrats Djironlung for setting the wheels in motion, and thanks Swede for a quick response, and actually making work of players' concerns. Pleasantly surprising.
Still concerned if its safe zone peopke will just kick it there and not come out...just stick with buff for a certain duration

Roberto077
05-17-2013, 08:20 PM

2 years we have been waiting without a reply, 1 day of waiting and AL gets a reply.... I'm sensing something's wrong here...

Alhuntrazeck
05-17-2013, 09:26 PM
Woohoo. This'll sure make things easier! Especially for a squishy mage like me.

wvhills
05-17-2013, 09:49 PM

I'd put a time limit on it man. We're going to end up with people not leaving the room. There's going to be a lot of complaints because of this.

Asahetek
05-17-2013, 11:47 PM
Hmm this should make matches more interesting and wonder how some players will react to this, pvp really needed something like this or the gate system from dl.

Though i agree that it should have a time limit on how long you can stay inside of the safe zone because if not people will try to take advantage of it and stay there.

Greencrow
05-18-2013, 02:21 AM

Thank you, Sir.

Asahetek
05-18-2013, 02:54 AM
Can't wait for this getting tired of spawn kills

Vjerevica
05-18-2013, 04:09 AM
i can understand but in the end players will make a thread "open the gate for 2mins" because the other team is just sitting behind the gate.

our guild is trying not to start spawn killing but i observed that oppenents are hiding in their VIP rooms.

PvP arena is a killing zone. shouldve made yourself ready to die if you enter the room.

Actually, I disagree with this one. Obviously, the team could wait in their spawn room till they regroup. However, this could prevent the other team just to wait in front of gates for one of the opponents. If they know that there is possibility that from spawn room the whole oposite team could rush on them I suppose that will discourige spawn killing in total.

Maybe there could bi time limit for spawn room stay for i.e. 30 sec and no visibility of what is inside for other team. This would prevent camping in spawn room but also making somhow risky for other team to try it.

I used to be in PvP all the time but now I didn't even tried for 3 months.

Cero
05-18-2013, 04:39 AM

Actually, I disagree with this one. Obviously, the team could wait in their spawn room till they regroup. However, this could prevent the other team just to wait in front of gates for one of the opponents. If they know that there is possibility that from spawn room the whole oposite team could rush on them I suppose that will discourige spawn killing in total.

Maybe there could bi time limit for spawn room stay for i.e. 30 sec and no visibility of what is inside for other team. This would prevent camping in spawn room but also making somhow risky for other team to try it.

I used to be in PvP all the time but now I didn't even tried for 3 months.

i am just stating the possible outcome if sts puts up gates to prevent spawn killing as what the Topic starter have suggested.

anyways it seems that many have better ideas to prevent spawn killing.

Tauacu
05-18-2013, 12:19 PM
I'm with you Iron and I deff agree!

djironlung
05-18-2013, 02:20 PM

A BIG THANKS TO SWEDE!!!!! thank you so much for hearing us, the players, and doing something that will positively affect the game. your quick response is really unprecedented in my mind and it really impresses me. you are truly a great dev that deserves mad props for your diligence
and care in this matter. THANK YOU SO VERY VERY MUCH !!!!!! :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

djironlung
05-18-2013, 02:25 PM
remember to all those who think safe zone he said UNTIL YOU LEAVE. once you leave your vulnerable and remain so even if you run back. he didn't say safe zone he said respawn with invulnerability until you leave the zone so if you reenter you won't regain invulnerability cause you didn't just respawn

Zeus
05-18-2013, 05:54 PM

Is there any way you could implement this in PL too?

KingFu
05-18-2013, 06:28 PM
Is there any way you could implement this in PL too?

Nty, bear beckons enemies into spawn room, and you're all dead because they're invincible.

Zeus
05-18-2013, 08:18 PM
Nty, bear beckons enemies into spawn room, and you're all dead because they're invincible.

Skills could be implemented to have a cut-off range (only affect everything inside spawn room).

Hey, on the flip side though, you'd truly be godly. :p

Swede
05-20-2013, 10:38 AM
remember to all those who think safe zone he said UNTIL YOU LEAVE. once you leave your vulnerable and remain so even if you run back. he didn't say safe zone he said respawn with invulnerability until you leave the zone so if you reenter you won't regain invulnerability cause you didn't just respawn

Correct, if you leave the area, you will lose the invulnerability and not get it back if you run back in to the room.

Yakiniku
05-20-2013, 10:57 AM
So I thought of something last night while chasing people down (lol). What happens if I'm chasing someone down and they run for the spawn room? Will their newly respawned invincible friends be able to gang me if I continue to chase? If so, that's pretty bunk.

Chili
05-20-2013, 01:36 PM
I just don't see an issue, it's really not that far to get out of spawn, there really aren't buffs that take a few sec, and you spawn in the opposite room, what's the point?

Lady_Pebbles
05-20-2013, 04:39 PM

Correct, if you leave the area, you will lose the invulnerability and not get it back if you run back in to the room.
This is a nice way to implement it. I like this idea. :)

xcainnblecterx
05-20-2013, 07:05 PM
So I thought of something last night while chasing people down (lol). What happens if I'm chasing someone down and they run for the spawn room? Will their newly respawned invincible friends be able to gang me if I continue to chase? If so, that's pretty bunk.

I'm also wondering about this. I know some people who will pro ally wait for another player to walk in where they have have resurrected and proceed to camp and kill them while keeping there invincibility. Its a good idea but just saying you known some peeps are going to do this

Yakiniku
05-20-2013, 07:12 PM
I'm also wondering about this. I know some people who will pro ally wait for another player to walk in where they have have resurrected and proceed to camp and kill them while keeping there invincibility. Its a good idea but just saying you known some peeps are going to do this

Yea the more I think about it, the more I prefer Ironlung's one-way gate idea. There are a lot of ways to abuse zone invincibility.

Haowesie
05-20-2013, 10:22 PM
Yea the more I think about it, the more I prefer Ironlung's one-way gate idea. There are a lot of ways to abuse zone invincibility.

I was wondering about this too... I've seen teams slowly fall back, and in most cases it's into the spawn area... It may not be intentional, but if someone resurrects there while the opposing team pushes forward, it will end up being an ambush.

So, maybe the one-way gate is better... and maybe, the game truly becomes CtF, because if they stay inside, the team can flag and win the game.

Chili
05-20-2013, 10:45 PM
This is why it is better to leave it as is,
There are more issues with trying to change something that isn't that broken.

Redtank
05-20-2013, 10:49 PM
Im so tired of spawning noobs, ::sarcasm:: no way dont fix

Asahetek
05-20-2013, 11:27 PM
This is why it is better to leave it as is,
There are more issues with trying to change something that isn't that broken.

It is broken and i'm kinda getting tired of having 5 people just rush me as soon as i respawn and i hate it when we are out numbered and they just keep coming.

Adding a temporary invulnerability buff that only lasts a short time and you can't get it back by re-entering the area or make a gate system to help protect players would be a great addition.

Chili
05-20-2013, 11:55 PM
Why would you join a game that you are so outnumbered then? They spawn u once... Then u spawn in opposite room,
If you can't get out of spawn by the time they come to the other room then you have serious lag issues.

matanofx
05-21-2013, 02:38 AM
calm down chili
groups who wait at pawn site just make pvp extreamly un-fun and theyre hard to beat cause they seperate the other team

its like in basketball theres a rule that players from both teams must be at same half of court (where the offense is) so that a player cant just wait near enemy basket and wait for an easy score.
theres a similar rule in soccer and probably other sports but i dunno others :p

sorry bout my english but i hope it made sense for you =]

SkyDagger
05-21-2013, 03:18 AM
Is there any possibility that the newly respawn person on there spawn area can kill an opposite team while they are on invulnerability mode? I mean if some of the opposite team rushing to kill your teammates until your spawn area knowing that your teammates already vulnerable cause he goes out of the spawned area.

I'd like to see invulnerable mode will lost once you start using skill, normal attack or using pets ability inside the spawn room or when he/she leaves the spawn room area. :)

Genuinous
05-21-2013, 03:21 AM
Wait a minute... So let's say 2 warriors on the same team equipped with axe throw die and respawn in different spawn room. Then they are invulnerable until they leave. So by camping at the entrance of the spawn rooms, they can stop all flagging by just pulling the guy into the spawn and killing him without ever losing immunity. Am I correct? (if yes this is wrong and a time limit should be on spawn rooms, 10-20 sec is plenty of time)

ps.: made the assumption that ctf is about getting flags and winning the game

SkyDagger
05-21-2013, 03:28 AM
Wait a minute... So let's say 2 warriors on the same team equipped with axe throw die and respawn in different spawn room. Then they are invulnerable until they leave. So by camping at the entrance of the spawn rooms, they can stop all flagging by just pulling the guy into the spawn and killing him without ever losing immunity. Am I correct? (if yes this is wrong and a time limit should be on spawn rooms, 10-20 sec is plenty of time)

I hope not. thats why i'd like to see if
invulnerable mode will lost once you start using skill, normal attack or using pets ability inside the spawn room or when he/she leaves the spawn room area.

Chili
05-21-2013, 08:20 AM
calm down chili
groups who wait at pawn site just make pvp extreamly un-fun and theyre hard to beat cause they seperate the other team

its like in basketball theres a rule that players from both teams must be at same half of court (where the offense is) so that a player cant just wait near enemy basket and wait for an easy score.
theres a similar rule in soccer and probably other sports but i dunno others :p

sorry bout my english but i hope it made sense for you =]
Oh shush lol... Btw you don't sound like a thousand toads...

On point, idk it just doesn't seem that hard to me, guess I'm not one to complain about every small thing. If you want to experience true spawn killing, play pl pvp lol... Ya ill admit, you get killed in spawn, but I've never had that big of a deal after that first time? Idk part of the game to me is overcoming that and finding a way to regroup. Why make pvp so black and white?

Fixin to show my age: I just feel like this is an issue with younger generations where if things arent easy then they claim its not fair nor fun...

Also a point to remember: Most hardcore pvpers don't use the forums... But I can tell you that many have the same opinion as me. I havent seen most of these people in pvp at all. lets not make a game change based on a few players....

Cero said it best -PvP arena is a killing zone. shouldve made yourself ready to die if you enter the room

crazyangle03
05-21-2013, 09:23 AM
Make Kraag and Stronghold a real life PVP area (upon entering PVP room / Choice or normal, Kraag and Stronghold) i thinks its gonna be fun!!!

1. Kraag
2. Stronghold

Asahetek
05-21-2013, 03:11 PM
A lot people like to rage quit which leaves who ever is left to either try to fight the entire team, wait for others to join or quit.

But i do agree that a lot people don't use the forums and on a side note haven't seen most of the people posting here either in pvp

Cero
05-21-2013, 03:47 PM

ha, dont give them the idea

TS is a warrior btw lmao.