PDA

View Full Version : Rushing

powerlevelz
05-17-2013, 09:23 AM
:distant: This has to be the lamest, noobiest thing i've ever seen. Basically i have wait until i get permission to attack someone in pvp to make sure the other player is ready? If your in pvp your kos noobs deal with it.

ThePvpTwink
05-17-2013, 09:33 AM
Saying "go" ensures that the opponent is ready so it can be a fair fight to compete/practice/ and see who is better.

Rushing is like FFA or just free battling everyone else.

There two different play styles and some prefer one while others do not.

I personally like "go" because it stays out of any conflict of rushing,teaming,spawn killing,and rage quitting :p

MightyMicah
05-17-2013, 09:38 AM
http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m587/MightyMicah/B76C60EF-766F-4D54-BFA2-1BC849A66CBE-17639-0000127CCA2414A9.jpg

saool
05-17-2013, 09:54 AM
Here we go again... :rolleyes:

MightyMicah
05-17-2013, 09:55 AM
Here we go again... :rolleyes:

Hints the ObamaPalm xD

Mystiq
05-17-2013, 10:05 AM
Here we go again... :rolleyes:30775

Gragorak
05-17-2013, 10:17 AM
http://www.easymemes.com/uploads/memes/4824_45pN5haxd7JDVOc.jpg

MightyMicah
05-17-2013, 10:42 AM
http://www.easymemes.com/uploads/memes/4824_45pN5haxd7JDVOc.jpg

Elijah!!! Where's Noodle?

Zeus
05-17-2013, 11:03 AM
Honestly, I rush on TheGodlyness. I rush everyone or just about as many people I know I can take on.

So, if I am rushing one person and beating them senselessly, I do not understand why they cannot fend for themselves and instead call for help. To me, I believe the issue is not rushing, but teaming.

I am fine with rushers and will fight them without belittling them so long as they choose to keep it clean.

If people cannot have the maturity to keep their emotions intact over a simple game of PvP: FFA (as the map mode suggests when you make the game), that is simply not my problem and I am truly sorry for anyone who has not grasped/understood this skill-set yet.

Gragorak
05-17-2013, 11:05 AM
Honestly, I rush on TheGodlyness. I rush everyone or just about as many people I know I can take on.

So, if I am rushing one person and beating them senselessly, I do not understand why they cannot fend for themselves and instead call for help. To me, I believe the issue is not rushing, but teaming.

I am fine with rushers and will fight them without belittling them so long as they choose to keep it clean.

If people cannot have the maturity to keep their emotions intact over a simple game of PvP: FFA (as the map mode suggests when you make the game), that is simply not my problem and I am truly sorry for anyone who has not grasped/understood this skill-set yet.
I sense some hypocrisy here.

Zeus
05-17-2013, 11:11 AM

Explain? You can ask just about anyone in 61 PvP and they will state that I rush. I don't mind if others rush me, Grag. Maybe a few months back, it would be different, but that is not the case today, at the time of the statement.

I don't cuss in game or even belittle until someone chooses to provoke something. Even then, a majority of the time, I keep silent and just keep killing. Why? Typing is a weakness in PvP for my opponent and a small window of opportunity for me to kill them some more.

Mystiq
05-17-2013, 11:30 AM

Join us in our memes, and stop actually contributing to this repetitive thread.

Zeus
05-17-2013, 11:34 AM
Join us in our memes, and stop actually contributing to this repetitive thread.

No thanks, because then I'd be posting repetitive memes. :p

Mystiq
05-17-2013, 12:08 PM
No thanks, because then I'd be posting repetitive memes. :p

U got me ;)

MightyMicah
05-17-2013, 01:02 PM

I'm curious what you'd think about 56 glyphs joining a 51 game and rushing level 46-50s

Mystiq
05-17-2013, 01:06 PM
I'm curious what you'd think about 56 glyphs joining a 51 game and rushing level 46-50s

So basically ur curios about what he'd think about ALOT of 56 glyphs? ^_^

Zeus
05-17-2013, 01:12 PM

If it's 1 56, then 2 or more 51's should fight the 56, as that would make it even.

Plus, if they pull that on me, I just hop on my higher level character. There will always be cheap people in the game.

If I attack a 56 in FFA though, I usually take the entire team on as it is a fair fight that way (provided that there is no other 61+ in the game).

Blind
05-17-2013, 01:16 PM
I absolutely hate this word now.

3 most popular types of threads.

1: Selling
2: Trading
3: RUSHING

Gragorak
05-17-2013, 01:17 PM
Explain? You can ask just about anyone in 61 PvP and they will state that I rush. I don't mind if others rush me, Grag. Maybe a few months back, it would be different, but that is not the case today, at the time of the statement.

I don't cuss in game or even belittle until someone chooses to provoke something. Even then, a majority of the time, I keep silent and just keep killing. Why? Typing is a weakness in PvP for my opponent and a small window of opportunity for me to kill them some more.
I don't mind getting rushing either, in fact I like it as much as rushing. But I really hate teaming, especially if me or one of my friends is getting teamed. And every time I've seen you in pvp arena (with toon I know for sure is you) you have teamed me with your friends.

So obviously posting stuff like "I do not understand why they cannot fend for themselves and instead call for help. To me, I believe the issue is not rushing, but teaming." look like kinda hypocrite to me.

razerfingers
05-17-2013, 01:19 PM
I rush on my characters here and there the reason i have a 61 to pick on 56-61 if a 66 gives me trouble i hop on my 66 bear and proceed to try and kill the opponent if im in a 66 game and cause too much trouble with 70s or 71s i get my 70 mage. Im sure im not the only one who has a character 5 levels ahead of the other lol.

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall.

Zeus
05-17-2013, 01:33 PM
I don't mind getting rushing either, in fact I like it as much as rushing. But I really hate teaming, especially if me or one of my friends is getting teamed. And every time I've seen you in pvp arena (with toon I know for sure is you) you have teamed me with your friends.

So obviously posting stuff like "I do not understand why they cannot fend for themselves and instead call for help. To me, I believe the issue is not rushing, but teaming." look like kinda hypocrite to me.

When was this? Toon name? I've given away names that are no longer me.

Anyways, I don't think you read my above post. I said that maybe a few months ago, this was true, but not anymore. Also, we are all hypocrites in one thing or another, so I believe that term is largely overused and very ineffective.

I generally just rush standalone and if someone chooses to join in, it is not my problem. You can only allow yourself to be teamed if you press the respawn button instead of the exit button.

Who are your characters? Perhaps if you specify, it'll help me remember what you're talking about.

Mystiq
05-17-2013, 01:36 PM
I believe he is Foreveranoob

Zeus
05-17-2013, 01:42 PM
I believe he is Foreveranoob

I believe I've rushed him before, unsure about teaming.

Sus
05-17-2013, 01:51 PM
Exactly! You tell'em bro!

trueorfalse
05-17-2013, 02:03 PM
Being teamed is different, and I agree with apollos point, atleast with rushing you have the advantage of having your buffs when you spawn, unless you're rushing more then 1 person and binging being teamed upon yourself then that's fine, but if your Gona go out of your way to pm and invite all your fiends, annoy them. Make them stop what they're doing just to come help you, specially when they're friends with the rushers and forces to take sides, all this drama. When they could just use the time to find another game, if you can't handle being rushed, then your obviously not cut out for pvp, pre sure the navy seals didn't say "go" when they shot bin Ladin, I personally love being rushed, they are coming to you, you can use trees or run back then run in and nuke em, when they least expect it, it's fun, just to enjoy a few games of saying go, then when it gets really boring, a kid happens to join and starts rushing and gets the excitement going, but tbh in the end. Who the hell cares, just leave, find another game If you can't beat the person rushing you, no games, go on a diff char, no other chars, make one. can't afford the gear to take on rushers, farm. Merch if you're sick of being rushed. Do something about it, like Apollo said, go on a higher char, get better gear, doesn't mean come on the forums complaining, at the end of the day, it doesn't change any of the rushers mind about rushing you, just like how this probably didn't get through anyone, and little kids will continue to throw a tantrum, instead of actually doing something about it IG. Not, forums.

trueorfalse
05-17-2013, 02:08 PM
The first comment was a joke, and trash talk is fine, you can't even say that much befor being muted or Having half your sentence censored or make you look like spaz, it's pre much the same
As being rushed, can't handle the trash talk, mute, leave ? They are just wasting their time typing, and it just makes it so much more better when they type a insult but don't have time to defend them selfs and get killed

Zeus
05-17-2013, 02:18 PM
Being teamed is different, and I agree with apollos point, atleast with rushing you have the advantage of having your buffs when you spawn, unless you're rushing more then 1 person and binging being teamed upon yourself then that's fine, but if your Gona go out of your way to pm and invite all your fiends, annoy them. Make them stop what they're doing just to come help you, specially when they're friends with the rushers and forces to take sides, all this drama. When they could just use the time to find another game, if you can't handle being rushed, then your obviously not cut out for pvp, pre sure the navy seals didn't say "go" when they shot bin Ladin, I personally love being rushed, they are coming to you, you can use trees or run back then run in and nuke em, when they least expect it, it's fun, just to enjoy a few games of saying go, then when it gets really boring, a kid happens to join and starts rushing and gets the excitement going, but tbh in the end. Who the hell cares, just leave, find another game If you can't beat the person rushing you, no games, go on a diff char, no other chars, make one. can't afford the gear to take on rushers, farm. Merch if you're sick of being rushed. Do something about it, like Apollo said, go on a higher char, get better gear, doesn't mean come on the forums complaining, at the end of the day, it doesn't change any of the rushers mind about rushing you, just like how this probably didn't get through anyone, and little kids will continue to throw a tantrum, instead of actually doing something about it IG. Not, forums.

I agree with a lot of your points.

Personally, just pvp. If the mood changes from one versus one to ffa, go with it. Pvp is Pvp, so if you're killing, you're pvping

MightyMicah
05-17-2013, 04:09 PM
I agree with a lot of your points.

Personally, just pvp. If the mood changes from one versus one to ffa, go with it. Pvp is Pvp, so if you're killing, you're pvping

Wisdom^

A way I like to put is, "Do honorably whatever it takes to be successful."

Caiahar
05-17-2013, 04:27 PM
Idc about rushing. I rush on my rhino like heck. Its fun ^_^ but teaming...and spawn killing.
Spawn kill ppl, then ppl leave and join another game. Spawn killers join same game and team dat person.
Im lucky rhinos are good in FFA.

Swords
05-17-2013, 04:32 PM
Rushing in endgame PvP has no meaning

Caiahar
05-17-2013, 04:54 PM
Rushing in endgame PvP has no meaning
Endgame is FFA. Wish I could get ti 75/76 ti start endgame.

Mystiq
05-17-2013, 04:59 PM
Idc about rushing. I rush on my rhino like heck. Its fun ^_^ but teaming...and spawn killing.
Spawn kill ppl, then ppl leave and join another game. Spawn killers join same game and team dat person.

Rushing with a rhino. Dat's funny ;)

Caiahar
05-17-2013, 05:22 PM

Rushing with a rhino. Dat's funny ;)
It is XD! I rush, they say, noob rhino, they come back, I kill em, they call guildies, I get teamed, random ppl come help or my friends help: FULL ON FFA FTW!

floats
05-18-2013, 06:09 AM
Was gonna make a rushing char :) rushing everyone except friends lol.

Mystiq
05-18-2013, 06:12 AM

That always fails for me, cuz most people are my friends O.o and then whenever i rush someone that isn't my friend, one of my friends tells me to stop cause' that's his friend.....yeh.

Caiahar
05-18-2013, 08:55 AM

That always fails for me, cuz most people are my friends O.o and then whenever i rush someone that isn't my friend, one of my friends tells me to stop cause' that's his friend.....yeh.
Pretty much :P

Apostel
05-18-2013, 09:02 AM
please close this thread.

Mystiq
05-18-2013, 09:04 AM
please close this thread.

You can't really say much, after necro-ing another thread...

Gragorak
05-18-2013, 01:40 PM
It was like 3-4 weeks ago or so. Bodyguardz.

Anyways, I don't think you read my above post. I said that maybe a few months ago, this was true, but not anymore. Also, we are all hypocrites in one thing or another, so I believe that term is largely overused and very ineffective.
Uhh? So couple of months ago you could have teamed someone, but not anymore?

And yea, pretty much everybody is hypocrite once in a while.

I generally just rush standalone and if someone chooses to join in, it is not my problem. You can only allow yourself to be teamed if you press the respawn button instead of the exit button.
In both cases you joined the teaming/started the teaming, not that someone else started it.

Who are your characters? Perhaps if you specify, it'll help me remember what you're talking about.
I'd rather keep my IGNs secret. If you want, I can pm it.

But my point was not to moralize or whine about your in game activities, but to point out your hypocrisy. So no need to continue this discussion anymore.

Caiahar
05-18-2013, 02:32 PM

In both cases you joined the teaming/started the teaming, not that someone else started it.

But my point was not to moralize or whine about your in game activities, but to point out your hypocrisy. So no need to continue this discussion anymore.
Agreed. No need to continue.

Zeus
05-18-2013, 04:19 PM

Unless you can prove it, I stand by my statement. I'm pretty sure that I do not team randomly. Anyways, even if there is teaming, PvP is PvP. I will say, however, that I try to refrain from teaming. We all slip once in a while though, so your comment does not reflect on me as a whole. Thus, holding me up to a candle will accomplish nothing. I PvP, that's all, nothing more nothing less. When I said the issue was teaming, what I meant was that when people are unable to defend themselves against ONE player, they call upon assistance from others.

I'll team from time to time, I'll be the first to admit it. However, there was no hypocrisy in that statement considering that I am fully capable of defending myself against anyone my level without asking for assistance.

See you in PvP,

Apollo

Sryyoulose
05-18-2013, 04:25 PM
Unless you can prove it, I stand by my statement. Anyways, even if there is teaming, PvP is PvP. I will say, however, that I try to refrain from teaming. We all slip once in a while though, so your comment does not reflect on me as a whole. Thus, holding me up to a candle will accomplish nothing. I PvP, that's all, nothing more nothing less. When I said the issue was teaming, what I meant was that when people are unable to defend themselves against ONE player, they call upon assistance from others.

I'll team from time to time, I'll be the first to admit it. However, there was no hypocrisy in that statement considering that I am fully capable of defending myself against anyone my level without asking for assistance.

See you in PvP,

Apollo
Good points apoloo^_^
I would also like to point out rushing and teaming is not FFA.

Zeus
05-18-2013, 04:41 PM
Good points apoloo^_^
I would also like to point out rushing and teaming is not FFA.

I've started taking a more open approach to things.

Rushing, IMO, is FFA. Why? You have plenty of time to defend yourself against the target. Anyone who I don't know who comes close to me, I kill. (If they come within 8mm range)

If you join a PvP game, be fully alert. If you're eating a bag of potato chips in the arena and expect someone to challenge you, then have them wait for you to lick your fingers clean just so they can have a chance at one kill, that is ludicrous.

I join a PvP game, I will either do one of two things: 1. Rush due to players not being willing to do FFA, so I have to force them into FFA or 2. Announce FFA & fight.

Teaming, IMO, is more controversial. Most players do it at one point or another, but they all have their reasons. My only way to address it is attempt to refrain from doing it, but if you do, it's all good. Karma eventually gets you back (or even me) at one point or another.

In short, just PvP and cut the drama. If they team, team them back. If they rush, rush them back. If they kill you, kill them. That's how it works. There should be no need for anything else, like profanities.

Enter a PvP arena & everything is fair game (although I do think leaving and rejoining is abusing the privilege of being able to leave a PvP arena).

Noodleleg
05-18-2013, 04:45 PM
Did I hear Elijah?

MightyMicah
05-18-2013, 09:45 PM
Did I hear Elijah?

I see what you did there ;)

If it's 1 56, then 2 or more 51's should fight the 56, as that would make it even.

Plus, if they pull that on me, I just hop on my higher level character. There will always be cheap people in the game.

If I attack a 56 in FFA though, I usually take the entire team on as it is a fair fight that way (provided that there is no other 61+ in the game).

I think you misunderstood me. The point I was trying (and have been for about a year now ;) ) to make is that both 1v1 and rushing are pretty pathetic. There is and never will be such thing as a fair 1v1 fight. Rushing is pathetic because usually it consists of a couple guys teaming noobs, or a high level farming low levels (that was the point of my question.)

The only true form of pvp (and here I think you'll agree) is FFA. A good, evenly matched, as in 3v3 or 5v5, FFA. All the characters can do their part in the battle just fine and may the best man win. This way the squishy characters have a chance at surviving, the tank characters have a chance at actually getting a kill, and the healing characters actually get to heal. If you remember, this is exactly how pvp was done during sewers. People wouldn't do "rushing" or even 1v1 very often. It was about 90% of the time a good, evenly matched, FFA. Shoot, I can even remember when the opposing team would lose one of their three characters and a guy on my team would sit out until the opposing team got a replacement. You don't see that anymore ever.

Mystiq
05-19-2013, 04:19 AM
To end this thread : if you get rushed, DEAL WITH IT