PDA

View Full Version : Rainbow Robes =D

Violentsaint
04-28-2010, 06:49 PM
is it just me or is the pink bone drops just way to easy to get, after downloading the patch it took me less than half an hour to find both a pink bone staff and a pink bone robe and ever since just about every single lvl 30 mage ive seen has been running round with bone cloth on.

I decided to save up and buy a wizards rainbow robe from the store for 9625 gold. and sure some people might think im noob for buying it because dreamers bone cloth gives 5 more intell, 3 h/s, 1 more m/s and one more armor. but in a game so easy and with such limited character customization isn't it worth it to stand out?

ive been wearing rainbow robes for a couple of days now and so far ive been the only person ive seen wearing them, not only do they look cool, but its the only robe that changes the enchantresses makeup.

just wondering what other peoples opinion of this new armor is, whether you guys wear it or hate it, feel free to discuss it here (my apologies if there is already a thread about this, I didnt see one when i checked)

incase you havnt checked out what they look like, ive gone the the effort of posting a screenie! :)

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/1698/rainbowrobes.jpg (http://img219.imageshack.us/i/rainbowrobes.jpg/)

i look like some crazy cannibal hippie that slaughtered someone and used their leg as a staff =D

Royce
04-28-2010, 07:42 PM
The specific pinks you want aren't always that easy to find. I've been hunting for one regularly, but have still not found the staff. I have lots of the ones for
other classes but zilch for the staff. I considered the robe for the exact reasons you
mention, but the stat drop just doesn't makr sense, especially with an update out/soon to be out that will make level 30 stuff irrelevant. But the way my gold is building up, I may just buy it.

Splurd
04-28-2010, 08:11 PM
someone left skittles in their robes when they put it in the washing machine.

PvP
04-28-2010, 08:20 PM
someone left skittles in their robes when they put it in the washing machine.

Dang it. Was my big mac in there too? What about my snickers? :[. Anyway, the robes are nice. For us guys, meh, not so much. I think it does make you stand out, I don't see it all the time. Don't get me wrong though, its not rare to the point where this is the first time I've seen it. I respect your choice though.

Royce
04-29-2010, 02:21 AM
The robe of many colors seems to be gone in 1.1. Should have gotten it when I could...

Inching
04-29-2010, 02:48 AM
is it just me or is the pink bone drops just way to easy to get, after downloading the patch it took me less than half an hour to find both a pink bone staff and a pink bone robe and ever since just about every single lvl 30 mage ive seen has been running round with bone cloth on.

I decided to save up and buy a wizards rainbow robe from the store for 9625 gold. and sure some people might think im noob for buying it because dreamers bone cloth gives 5 more intell, 3 h/s, 1 more m/s and one more armor. but in a game so easy and with such limited character customization isn't it worth it to stand out?

ive been wearing rainbow robes for a couple of days now and so far ive been the only person ive seen wearing them, not only do they look cool, but its the only robe that changes the enchantresses makeup.

just wondering what other peoples opinion of this new armor is, whether you guys wear it or hate it, feel free to discuss it here (my apologies if there is already a thread about this, I didnt see one when i checked)

incase you havnt checked out what they look like, ive gone the the effort of posting a screenie! :)

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/1698/rainbowrobes.jpg (http://img219.imageshack.us/i/rainbowrobes.jpg/)

i look like some crazy cannibal hippie that slaughtered someone and used their leg as a staff =D

>> I totally agree and wear the rainbow now also... but as I play at night time in Asian time so u might not have sen me and im not in town too often

Violentsaint
04-29-2010, 03:16 AM
The robe of many colors seems to be gone in 1.1. Should have gotten it when I could...

OMG just downloaded 1.1 and noticed that also!

so um, is rainbow robes now super rare? cos people can no longer buy them? and the only way you can get the robes now is if someone trades it too you ? woot!

ive only seen one other enchantress with rainbow robes and i think character name was 'omot'

anyone else out there with rainbow robes?

also i have a dreamers bone cloth that i dont use anymore, anyone want it?

setec
04-29-2010, 03:24 AM
This makes me sad. I had this item. In a tired state, while going through and organizing items, I sold this today. I sold it because it was green. Even though I have something better, wouldn't mind having that in my inventory anyway. :(

Maybe they will add it back.

SlipperyJim
04-29-2010, 06:18 AM
I saved up my gold and bought the Rainbow Robes. Then I noticed that my Dreamer's Bone Cloth was much better. I switched to the Bone Cloth, and I haven't looked back....

Also, I think the Rainbow Robes look kinda stupid. Taste is subjective, right? :)

Violentsaint
04-29-2010, 06:47 AM
I saved up my gold and bought the Rainbow Robes. Then I noticed that my Dreamer's Bone Cloth was much better. I switched to the Bone Cloth, and I haven't looked back....

Also, I think the Rainbow Robes look kinda stupid. Taste is subjective, right? :)

true i also beleve rainbow robes look stupid in comparison to how awesome bone cloth looks but it seems like everyones running around in bone armour weither is warrior,archer or enchantress

its good to have rainbow robes cos theres a verry small chance you'll bump into anyone else that looks like your character

Inching
04-30-2010, 04:56 AM
i use the rainbow as my in town attire :)

SlipperyJim
04-30-2010, 06:10 AM
its good to have rainbow robes cos theres a verry small chance you'll bump into anyone else that looks like your character
Off-topic: My archer (Aereus) was just adventuring with you this morning! And indeed, you were wearing your Rainbow Robes. Good to see such a bold fashion statement! :)

PS: Thanks for the nice bows! Let me know if you ever need anything....

Violentsaint
05-03-2010, 07:33 PM
hey Aerus, ive made an even more bold fashion statement! i did a respec to sword and sheild mage and i now run around in ursan warlord armor

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/3397/photoeu.jpg (http://img218.imageshack.us/i/photoeu.jpg/)

so far im the only enchantress ive seen wearing it and im loving it, LOOK SO INTENSE!!!!!

Banned
05-03-2010, 08:27 PM
Whoa. Now that looks straight pimpin'.

nerdherd
05-03-2010, 09:39 PM
hey Aerus, ive made an even more bold fashion statement! i did a respec to sword and sheild mage and i now run around in ursan warlord armor

so far im the only enchantress ive seen wearing it and im loving it, LOOK SO INTENSE!!!!!

Ah, I was wondering how you got that look :)

Royce
05-03-2010, 10:28 PM
FYI, rainbow robes are once again available for purchase.

Violentsaint
05-07-2010, 07:04 PM
thanks banned =D

sarenel
05-10-2010, 10:46 AM
I wear the robes and I didn't get the bone cloth, so not every level 30 player has one. They reduce damage alot and they do look pretty cool