PDA

View Full Version : I want to try PL :)

Greencrow
05-18-2013, 04:09 AM
Hi guys :) Greencrow here, an AL player.

I tried PL before,a lvl 2 archer eagle (lol im soo noob) but unfortunately I uninstalled it (I forgot the reason) and then continue my AL life until now.

I have lots of questions to ask, maybe you can help me coz I wanna try PL again (AL seems lying low to me, I need other games ) :)

-I just want to ask elite players if I can be an elite too? How many months can I cap?
-Is it the same with AL? (the gameplay?)
-What is the lvl cap now?
-Is the economy good?
-Is the game, plat dependable for a newbie player like me or I can go with the game with no plats?
-Are there bosses that can 1 hit a player with best gears? ( I hate them )
-Why is it called "towne" and not "Town" ? lol
-Best class for me to begin with? (Im a war in AL)
-Are there crates too?

thanks guys ~

-maybe I could ask more questions if someone would reply.

G'day!

saool
05-18-2013, 04:22 AM
I've played all STS games before, but always find myself coming back to PL.

Anyone can be an "elite" player or at least at max cap if they try and want to. Platinum does help, but unlike before you do have daily blessings. As for months it's really up to how much time you're willing to put into the game.

Gameplay is not exactly the same, but I only played AL until I was L16 I think so I can't say.

L76 is max cap ATM

The economy ig is just like any other so, you can always merch to find the best deals for you, and farm the items you want.

It's not totally plat dependable unless you want it to be. Example: I want to level in a couple of hours. Then go ahead and use plat, but you also have daily blessings so that helps.

Yes. We do have bosses that can one shot kill, but then again it wouldn't be fun if it was all easy. ;P

As for towne?... I'll let a dev answer that...

I would say try all the classes to find the one that better suits you! I personally only really use mage because I like to nuke.

No crates. I don't even know what you're talking about.

The Happiness
05-18-2013, 04:24 AM
Hi Greencrow and welcome!

Some of your questions are a little hard to answer. For example, without specifying how many hours a day you intend to put into your new toon, it is impossible to give you a timescale for "elitism".

These days, with the addition of the daily blessings, it is much easier for someone to level quickly especially if they are granted a x3 combo. My suggestion would be to make a few toons perhaps and do your daily blessings. Play with the one that has the best elixir blessing. But, do bare in mind that levelling quickly to level cap (currently 76) does not give you a great experience of the game. Taking your time to level slowly will enhance your game play, you will learn your skills better this way, and your character's role within a party. Plus you will gain friends along the way. Being "elite" is a very small part of PL. The community, the friends you make....they will keep you coming back to play.

And towne is just an archaic way of spelling town. To give you a sense of 'the past' perhaps?

Greencrow
05-18-2013, 04:28 AM

As for crates, it's a locked chest in AL where you can open it for 15 plats for a chance to get best gears..

Can I add you?

Im downloading it right now :)

Mystiq
05-18-2013, 04:31 AM
Wow i had answered every question, but then my ipad disconnected from my router, and it failed to post >.>

Greencrow
05-18-2013, 04:37 AM
Hi Greencrow and welcome!

Some of your questions are a little hard to answer. For example, without specifying how many hours a day you intend to put into your new toon, it is impossible to give you a timescale for "elitism".

These days, with the addition of the daily blessings, it is much easier for someone to level quickly especially if they are granted a x3 combo. My suggestion would be to make a few toons perhaps and do your daily blessings. Play with the one that has the best elixir blessing. But, do bare in mind that levelling quickly to level cap (currently 76) does not give you a great experience of the game. Taking your time to level slowly will enhance your game play, you will learn your skills better this way, and your character's role within a party. Plus you will gain friends along the way. Being "elite" is a very small part of PL. The community, the friends you make....they will keep you coming back to play.

And towne is just an archaic way of spelling town. To give you a sense of 'the past' perhaps?

I play AL maybe 3-5 hours weekday
up to 15 hours weekends. It all depends..

Nice suggestion about slowing down the game,thanks. But the problem is, Are their players like me who are in that dungeon? For example, in AL, new places have lots of players, so no time to wait.. you can walk with pugs and kill boss easily. But for the past expansions, it takes minutes to wait for same level like you to begin with.. Btw, how many players can join in one dungeon? (4 in al)

The Happiness
05-18-2013, 04:43 AM
I play AL maybe 3-5 hours weekday
up to 15 hours weekends. It all depends..

Nice suggestion about slowing down the game,thanks. But the problem is, Are their players like me who are in that dungeon? For example, in AL, new places have lots of players, so no time to wait.. you can walk with pugs and kill boss easily. But for the past expansions, it takes minutes to wait for same level like you to begin with.. Btw, how many players can join in one dungeon? (4 in al)

5 players in a map. You can search and join specific maps so you're not sat waiting for others to join you. I think this part is better than AL but I only played AL for a very short time.

Greencrow
05-18-2013, 04:59 AM
Add me plz, IGN: Grncrw

Mystiq
05-18-2013, 05:51 AM
I've decided to make a new char, be my leveling buddy! Ign: mystiqbear, i've added you, and im currently lvl 1. Until you come on lol.

The Happiness
05-18-2013, 06:12 AM
Also....

Mystiq
05-18-2013, 06:14 AM
Also....

Make a new toon, so me u and greencrow can lvl up together. Get one more too!

The Happiness
05-18-2013, 06:23 AM
Make a new toon, so me u and greencrow can lvl up together. Get one more too!

Ok...onto it now!

Xhappyxhappyx now born :) Adding you both.

Greencrow
05-18-2013, 06:57 AM
Darn .. Im out of thanks guys :) Tomorrow , for sure :)

And also , "Greencrow" already got it.. My IGN is : Grncrw

Lets play mystiq :)

Xbuddyjosh
05-18-2013, 07:36 AM
Ill make a new char and lvl with y'all

Xbuddyjosh
05-18-2013, 07:36 AM
Xbuddyjosh his ign

Roberto077
05-18-2013, 08:32 AM
I'm in, add something with terra in the name

Mystiq
05-18-2013, 08:36 AM
We're lvl 12 and 13 atm O.o

Caiahar
05-18-2013, 08:50 AM
Hey green! I think you remenber me from AL ;)
Add caiahar in game!
Btw, Pl is NOT plat based, im 73, and have not bought single plat along the way.
The bosses can one hit if youre doing solo, if you have good team, you can pwn em! And some bosses require strategy, so dont expect to spam skills and hope to win!
Best gear is looted, not from weird crates ;) so everyone has a chance of getting it, and plat users dont have advantage for loot except for using elixirs for better loot.
And the elixirs are better then in AL IMO.

Greencrow
05-18-2013, 08:52 AM
MAN ! IM SO OVERWHELMED RIGHT NOW . MYST,HAPPINESS,AND TREEPOWER HELPED ME UNDERSTAND THE GAME! SO HAPPY :) LOVE THE CHAT LOL

I NEED TO PLAY MORE TO UNDERSTAND IT FULLY.

also terra,xbuddy, and also saool thanks too..

Mystiq
05-18-2013, 08:56 AM
MAN ! IM SO OVERWHELMED RIGHT NOW . MYST,HAPPINESS,AND TREEPOWER HELPED ME UNDERSTAND THE GAME! SO HAPPY :) LOVE THE CHAT LOL

I NEED TO PLAY MORE TO UNDERSTAND IT FULLY.

also terra,xbuddy thanks too..
Btw green, tree isnt my friend, hes a strangah!

Greencrow
05-18-2013, 08:57 AM
Hey green! I think you remenber me from AL ;)
Add caiahar in game!
Btw, Pl is NOT plat based, im 73, and have not bought single plat along the way.
The bosses can one hit if youre doing solo, if you have good team, you can pwn em! And some bosses require strategy, so dont expect to spam skills and hope to win!
Best gear is looted, not from weird crates ;) so everyone has a chance of getting it, and plat users dont have advantage for loot except for using elixirs for better loot.
And the elixirs are better then in AL IMO.

Good to hear about the plat thingy :)

Greencrow
05-18-2013, 09:01 AM
Btw green, tree isnt my friend, hes a strangah!

Oh, but he's a good guy too.

Maybe we'll play again if happiness is online.

The Happiness
05-18-2013, 10:27 AM
Oh, but he's a good guy too.

Maybe we'll play again if happiness is online.

I'll play with you again sometime...but I have family around atm and I am attempting to cook! Don't worry...I'll catch you up in no time!

Mystiq
05-18-2013, 11:39 AM
I'll play with you again sometime...but I have family around atm and I am attempting to cook! Don't worry...I'll catch you up in no time!

Cook! Cook for your family!!!!!! And yeah ill catch up too, seeing as you wasted your free daily elixer! :p

Greencrow
05-18-2013, 11:49 AM
Yeah.. Family first :)

Mystiq
05-18-2013, 11:50 AM
Yeah.. Family first :)

Always :)

MightyMicah
05-18-2013, 12:54 PM
In response to the the title...
http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m587/MightyMicah/null-6.png

Bilaxman
05-18-2013, 01:31 PM
Feel free to add "Bienvenue" as a friend in game if you have any questions along the way :)

The Happiness
05-19-2013, 05:36 AM
Green, both Mystiq and I have caught up to you. We're both 18 now and ready for Fathom Crypt! Woohoo!

Mystiq
05-19-2013, 05:38 AM
Yup! And green, happy passed me out on kills! I guess she told us :p

The Happiness
05-19-2013, 05:54 AM
Yup! And green, happy passed me out on kills! I guess she told us :p

I passed you both out on deaths too! Time to gear up I think ;p

Mystiq
05-19-2013, 06:11 AM
I passed you both out on deaths too! Time to gear up I think ;p

I got a death too, when i was power leveling, cuz i had to feed my dog but i forgot to logg off ;) i must've died then.

Greencrow
05-20-2013, 04:36 AM
I don't have deaths ~ Thanks to happiness pots lol

Greencrow
05-20-2013, 04:43 AM
*Guys I have question .. I have lots of lvl 18 items (bows and swords, hammer) but I cant wear them? WHY? Im level 18 (so i think its suitable for me coz im 18, duh) Is this a bug? Plz help me :)

*edit- is this right? Im an archer bird

*What's the combo? I click the 2 bird skills (buffs;lowest) and sometimes above that lightning bird skill and then the blast shot then root if they'll aggro. Is it correct ? :)

*And also, should I get REPULSE SHOT skill? :)

*How to get purple and pink items? I only got orange and whites hehe :)

*Are there chests ( silver,gold,etc) to be farm?

The Happiness
05-20-2013, 05:08 AM
If you can't equip an item, it is possibly because you do not have enough strength, dexterity or intelligence to equip. Each item you click on, has information about it underneath ....you will be able to see how much str, int or dex is required.

Pink and purples are rarer to collect and usually (but not always) drop from a boss rather than a mob. Some are extremely rare and highly valued because of this. Using a combo elixir (because of the luck, and re roll associated with it) will help you to gain better loot if there is better loot available. Also, some ppl, including myself have purchased Big Luck or Bigger Luck (the shamrock hat vanity). This also helps with re rolls.

The Happiness
05-20-2013, 05:17 AM
As for archer skills....you may want to read this guide. (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?16244-Comprehensive-Archer-Skills-and-Equipment-Guide&highlight=archer+guide) It is a little old now, for example from level 66 onwards skills go up to 9 but it will certainly get you started.

Greencrow
05-20-2013, 06:11 AM
You Sir is me idowl. :)

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk HD

Spyce
05-20-2013, 08:00 AM
Green, how are you liking Pocket Legends?

Extreme
05-20-2013, 08:22 AM
N'Joy ur stay.

Greencrow
05-20-2013, 08:22 AM
Green, how are you liking Pocket Legends?

After reading the guide happiness gave me. I was able to understand/like the game more. Combos are great when you do it properly with your skills or with your other companions :) I want to test them when I level up. I also want to experience that boss fight gameplay strategies which myst and happiness told me that you're just not spamming your skills but having some good strats with your teammates :)

*But Im wondering why do low level toons can teleport to hi-level towne's. :)

*How many dungeons in each towne?

*Can I join/jump in the 3rd dungeon ( for example ) without clearing dungeon 1&2?

Party system is way better than AL , I suppose. You can join many hosted games. Mobs are way cuter lol.

There are so many free vanities which AL doesn't give :) /p onthebeach , etc .. (Someone taught me awhile ago ^_^ )

Spyce
05-20-2013, 08:30 AM
^^

1) Anyone can join the townes but you have to be the certain lvl to join the dungeons.
2) It really depends what you are talking about. For example, Forest Haven has 5 (excluding the CTF map)
3) Sometimes you can, sometimes you can't.

In my opinion, the PL promo code vanities are ugly.

The Happiness
05-20-2013, 10:18 AM
With your first toon I believe you will have to work through all the maps one after the other...I may be wrong, it's been over 2.5 years since I started so my memory is not great. Now, if I start a new toon on my main account, most of the maps are unlocked and I only have to unlock the odd one by clearing the one before. Lower level toons can purchase an elixir, with platinum, that allows them access to maps that would usually be beyond their level requirement to join. I guess people do this to gain xp quicker...I don't do it so hard for me to explain why they do.

Mystiq
05-20-2013, 11:12 AM
You Sir is me idowl. :)

You miss*

The Happiness
05-20-2013, 12:15 PM
You miss*

You know....I wasn't going to pick him up over that. Despite the fact we both told him in game. I guess I must be exuding some "manly" signals! Gotta change that perfume!

Mystiq
05-20-2013, 12:18 PM
You know....I wasn't going to pick him up over that. Despite the fact we both told him in game. I guess I must be exuding some "manly" signals! Gotta change that perfume!

Maybe he thinks you're chubby too! Or overweight! :p im just kidding i neva insult pweety gals :o

Mystiq
05-20-2013, 12:26 PM
YES!!!! I got 3x Combo, CYA NERDS!

The Happiness
05-20-2013, 12:30 PM
Maybe he thinks you're chubby too! Or overweight! :p im just kidding i neva insult pweety gals :o

Omg! You too? That's it! Pillow time again! :blue:

The Happiness
05-20-2013, 12:31 PM
YES!!!! I got 3x Combo, CYA NERDS!

Don't challenge me.....I haz plat! Lots of it ;p

The Greediness
05-20-2013, 12:35 PM
How many does that make? 3?
You poor thing :(

Mystiq
05-20-2013, 12:44 PM

Hey, you never read the rest of the post!!

The Happiness
05-20-2013, 12:55 PM
Hey, you never read the rest of the post!!

I read as much as I could until my eyes teared up and vision blurred! ;P

Mystiq
05-20-2013, 02:08 PM
I read as much as I could until my eyes teared up and vision blurred! ;P

Hehe ;)

Xbuddyjosh
05-20-2013, 09:00 PM
Wut lvl r y'all? Ill come in with a higher lvl toon at the same lvl u guys r :) xbuddyjosh never got started lol

Greencrow
05-20-2013, 10:03 PM
Im 19 :)

@happy and myst

uh oh.. Youre a girl happy? Omg lol sorry.

You too myst? Sorry for the manly convos :/

Im a boy~ weeee. ..myst saw me already

The Happiness
05-21-2013, 01:24 AM
I am level 18. Yes I am a girl. No, I don't think Mystiq is a girl. But, I confess I didn't ask. Lol...it's confusing!

dudetus
05-21-2013, 01:27 AM
Hello.

The Happiness
05-21-2013, 02:00 AM
Hello.

Hello Sweets! How're you doing?

dudetus
05-21-2013, 04:34 AM
Hello Sweets! How're you doing?

Better as my headache is gone yay

Mystiq
05-21-2013, 10:23 AM
I am level 18. Yes I am a girl. No, I don't think Mystiq is a girl. But, I confess I didn't ask. Lol...it's confusing!

Im a boi

Xbuddyjosh
05-21-2013, 10:16 PM
Wut.

Mystiq
05-22-2013, 09:44 AM
Wut.

Im a boi.

Zeus
05-22-2013, 11:12 AM
Better as my headache is gone yay
Hangover*