PDA

View Full Version : Many PvP make me sick

Death Dealer
05-18-2013, 07:02 PM
I am so furious I can't contain it any longer, i have got to let this out. I haven been playing very long, a few months and I enjoy playing PvP game very much, or I should say I did. I am about ready to just stop playing if I can't have a good time anymore. My Problem is muti leveled. You start a game with even sides and if it is a good battle going on and is taking a long time for anyone to score, people start to drop out. I can handle if it is one extra on a team, at times this cannot be avoided. What sticks in my craw is when it is 3 on 2 and a new person comes in and joins with his %#$* buddies on the team that already has 3 making it 4 on 2. I have been on the side with the majority and the new player joins my team making it 4 on 2 and if no one else joins on the other side I will exit and come back in to even things up. I have even been on the minority of 5 on 1 and no one from the other team will join me. Do these lilies get any kind of satisfaction out of winning when playing 4 or five on 2 or worse. I would be ashamed of myself if I stayed on a team with such a preponderance of force. I have taken the time to write down all the names of these gutless wonders and would like to share the specifics but I am not sure what the administrators of the forums would say about that. I have seen when it is 3 on 3 or 4 on 4 and when one team gets 2 scores (CTF) someone on my team will either just quit or worse yet quit and come back on the other team making lopsided teams, just so they can b on the team that wins!!!!! God this kills me, have they no honor? I am from an era when you fought fair but I can see there are so many wusses out here that it ruins the whole game. I am disgusted, sickened by these sissy little babies and if decide to keep plying I am going to find games they are playing in and do the same thing back. I hate to lower myself to the level of these pukes but I can see it is the only thing they understand if they can even put 2 and 2 together to see what lame flowers they are. I do have the advantage of being anonymous because I do not partake in their childish gloating and bravado which they can only have because they are sheltered in their playpens where no one will no what cowards they truly are. I feel I should also mention the very few, who like myself, have the sense of fair play and won't just stay on a team with overwhelming force. I don't think I would get in trouble for mentioning those TWO guys but I don't have their permission so I won't. I welcome any and all comments you have concerning this.

zeroxx
05-18-2013, 08:25 PM
I have seen this in pvp I would suggest you not let it bother you so much.earlier today I played a ctf game where it was 3vs4 no big deal until my teammate left joined the other team making it 5vs2 very annoying so I left and got a death point for leaving during game but I rather take one death then to be pummeled by cheaters but dont let it get to you just play fair and keep fair players on your friendlist

Rekful
05-18-2013, 11:56 PM
Try some level 20 pvp! If you do, come join us at Merciless Gladiator; the bracket is growing fast! On the other hand, if a match becomes uneven, play solid, rogue like defense until others join. Then get the win!

Rek

Promagin
05-19-2013, 12:02 AM
Deal with it. :3

canislupis081376
05-19-2013, 01:39 AM
Deal with it. :3

Deal with it? must be one of those side jumpers. I hardly pvp, to be honest. However, I have hopped on the opposite team of friends if i have seen it was too lopsided. To the OP, you can't really expect much in the way of honor on a game like this. Actually, in most "PvP" games, you can't expect it. If you do come across it, cherish it. ^_-

Death Dealer
05-19-2013, 12:11 PM
"Deal with it"

Oh that is such a thoughtful reply, did u have to put a lot of thought in that. I can bet you are one of the sissy jumpers who just has to be on the winning team. Missed the point altogether but its cool, I invited opinions and you have your yours although not very informative on your real feelings, probably because you don't know what you think.

Death Dealer
05-19-2013, 12:20 PM
Try some level 20 pvp! If you do, come join us at Merciless Gladiator; the bracket is growing fast! On the other hand, if a match becomes uneven, play solid, rogue like defense until others join. Then get the win!

Rek
Thank man I have held off 4 others with 1 teammate for what seems like forever, and eventually 1 of theirs dropped out making it 3 on 2 which I have no problem with. Eventually my teammate dropped out leaving 2 on 1 but i was stubborn and wore them out by they not being able to get the last score and they both quit. Maybe I should have felt good but it left me again wondering WTF, why are so many players like this?

Death Dealer
05-19-2013, 12:30 PM
I have seen this in pvp I would suggest you not let it bother you so much.earlier today I played a ctf game where it was 3vs4 no big deal until my teammate left joined the other team making it 5vs2 very annoying so I left and got a death point for leaving during game but I rather take one death then to be pummeled by cheaters but dont let it get to you just play fair and keep fair players on your friendlist
Thank you for your reply, its nice to know there are some others who feel the same way. Yes it is extremely annoying for me when a teammate jump like that, but maybe I'm just too old fashioned to not let it bother me as much as it does, and I should no better. I have these people on a list I keep and dam if I did't end up with the same players coming into a game today and doing exactly the same thing, I think if they don't have their little bunch of puss buddies and can outnumber the opponent they would nod not play. The thing that kills me today is that there are a couple of them that are very good and they don't need to do this. Anyway sorry to keep ranting, I am just out of myself with this.

Jig
05-19-2013, 08:03 PM
0_O Now thats what you call a brick wall of words o skipped it all cause it's pretty obvious what it's about.. well what id usually do it always ends up in a 3v1 3v2 is fine but someone will leave on my team as usual so yeah... No point wasting time on people like that.. Then they going now this is rape! Haha! Lol! Rofl! Funny when it was a fair 3v3 they literally hated us and said stop i wanna 1v1 this guy.. All leave now they try and get payback cause theyre mad and cant win fairly :)

WinterKate
05-19-2013, 10:20 PM
I hate to say this, but this is actually inevitable. PVP players are different. One may be an empathizer and not join the gang killing you, one may be a farmer and swears to get that kill, or one may be a thief and hopes that his skill could finally kill you, even when his mates are doin the best they can on you. If I am engaged in that situation, even when they do 3vs1 or 4vs1 on me, I make sure I kill atleast one, and I have been very successful many times, even making another kill count. That makes it two kills for me. :) Do the best you can. :)

Anyanka
05-20-2013, 04:33 AM
Team stacking is a big problem in DL pvp. I for one never join the majority team even if all my friends are there, and I also switch in order to even teams quite often. But you cant really do anything about other people, if I find myself in a 5 vs 2 situation and noone will switch from the majority team while I am in minority, even after i ask them to, I will just leave. Eventually they will find themselves playing without opponents, so no kills and no flags for them. They just have no honor, like you said. They play only for their stats and dont get the meaning of fair play.

Oh well. Nothing you can do about it. You cant change the way people think, just leave the game. Dont add to their fun by staying there to be slaughtered if you are greatly outnumbered.

Death Dealer
05-20-2013, 08:13 AM
I just want to say some thanks, add an experience and ask one question and I will say no more on this subject. First, thank you all for your comments, (even you "deal with it). I have come to the conclusion, with the help of your posts, that there is no need for me to go on being frustrated by the way others play the game, it will never stop, the only thing I can change is how I react to it. The experience I would like to relate was something I said I was going to do in my original post, join them on their level of play. I once again found myself in a game with my "black list" opponents in a 5 on 2 match. It is near impossible for 2 players to have a chance when the other team can always have 2 guarding the flag and 3 going for our flag, especially when I am still trying to develop some decent skills. My teammate was amazing in his/her ability to take down 2 sometimes 3 opponents at a time time and if I were that good we would have definitely had a chance but i'm not and we didn't. At the beginning of next match my teammate left (don't blame him) and I quickly picked a side to see if anyone would join me. Of the 4 that stayed in the game (all on my list I might add), they all hopped on the opposite team. Now we r waiting and waiting for new players to fill out my team. I decided ok, i can't beat them so i'll join them. I left and came back on their team. It did not take but a few seconds for them to start leaving, which I suppose is natural, if you can't have a patsy to slaughter what fun is it ? Interesting thing, during these matches they have time to send all these gloating, bragging and insulting comments about my abilities but when I'm in the waiting area with them, everyone is noticeably very quiet. Where did all the team bravado and heckling attitudes go? I felt really terrible cause I think I ruined the game for them. Oh well guess they will have to "deal with it". My question is, how come before a match it says it will start when there are 3 players per team but I have seen many start with only 2 players on one team ?

Theholyangel
05-20-2013, 02:42 PM
Hehe, Sadly a lot of the "street talkers, trollers, and immature kids" have made their way into pvp. They live to mess with you and win, and if they gang you, then you have to just take the time to learn how to get around that. When i used to play the game, I was beat up constantly until i figured out how to overpower them. After that, I simply rampaged through the pvp map. It all comes over time, some good comes out of some bad, yaknow? Stay strong in there, maybe you'll see me one day If I play again.

-Theholyangel

Anyanka
05-21-2013, 05:34 AM
My question is, how come before a match it says it will start when there are 3 players per team but I have seen many start with only 2 players on one team ?

Thats one of the many DL bugs. The game counts how many people have joined the team in TOTAL, not how many are in the team currently. For example, say someone joins blue. Another one joins blue. One from blue leaves. Now blue has 1 player. Another joins blue. Now blue has 2 players, but because someone left, 3 players joined it in total. So the match will start with two players.

Sans
05-21-2013, 09:51 AM
I agree. Those who are constantly stacking one side in order to rack up stats ruin the game.
The simple solution is to just leave the game if you realize that this is what is happening.

Here are just a few of the 'strategies' that I have been angered by.

Loading one side. I often join a game were there are five players on one team, waiting together and none on other side...worse then this I have been in many games where players will 'plant' a player on opposing who will swap sides as soon as two players join, thereby forcing a 5 vs 2 start.

Etching one side. This is when a player will 'etch' a one player start by leaving and returning twice to one side (by rejoining a friend in arena), and then waiting on other side. This is usefull to start a fair 2 vs. 2 match or 1 vs. 1 match as well, but those without honour will etch one side then stack the other, waiting for a fool to want to play.

Spawn Killing when the other team is ready and waiting in your respawn area constantly, you can be sure they are playing only for their stats. This can happen strategically and even via happenstance, so you should not judge harshly on this unless it is constant.

Not even going for the flag In ctf, this is a huge sign that you are playing with losers. They should be in dm, that`s what it is made for....actually they should be in pre-school, but I digress. But this is a huge tell-tale.

These are some of the signs. I have seen plants on my side as well...players playing on my team against us, closing the gate, so we can`t get flag back, open widows on the flag carrier...a sign of this is someone who stands around a lot, and does these things.

What to do...

simple, leave the game and advise teamates to do the same, replay in five minutes.

Which would all be fine and good if there were more players. The fact of the matter is, is that the arenas are pretty much owned by these poor sportsmen and women. What I do not think they realize while racking stats like this, is that no-one new is playing, and nobody new is getting into it...which will, in effect, kill the game that they love to have high numbers in.

Basically they are accruing a few kills at the expense of discouraging a new player from playing again.

and slowly, us older players with honour are getting bored too...we are apparently outnumbered...seeing as there aren`t enough players for several matches to be going at a time like there used to be. It`s either play for the underdog noob team where you are sure to be outnumbered by the end, or go look for vanities...or turn it off. I see more and more people disappearing and more and more low level alts of the same players that have these high stats (They are bored too because...no-one plays much).

They are at every level...I know, I keep trying to find a level that is still reliably fun. but there isn`t one. They are all still super fun in a nice even match, but a nice even match is harder and harder to come by...empty matches and stacked matches with jerks is far more common.

Maybe spacetime should consider creating an honour in pvp stat (hard to imagine how it would be measured lol), but if there was a number...you can be guaranteed that these stat hounds would play fair.

Failing that...they`ll ruin the game.
unless they are outnumbered by honourable players....and that`ll never happen.

Learn who plays fair and just leave if it tastes rotten.
I leave a lot. Which sucks, because my favorite game should not taste rotten.