PDA

View Full Version : Regarding boss resets

Asahetek
05-18-2013, 09:42 PM
There seems to be some confusion regarding this issue both in game and here on the forums and hopefully this helps clear up your confusion.

1. The boss being reset when your party dies regardless of whether they get killed at the same time or not doesn't matter because if your party gets wiped out the boss will reset and there isn't anything you can do about unfortunately and a number of people seem to have mistaken it for a bug, or they don't believe it can happen elite.

The only way you can stop this from happening is either try and time your revive or respawn right but unfortunately there are some risks in doing this namely it reseting and your party might quit.

The best ways to stop this is the respawn, revive or keep someone out of the battle and the bosses range.

2. Running away from the boss is a great way to annoy and frustrate players because it will most likely will reset the boss.

For example the mount spyr boss the alpha wolf which seems to be the easiest boss to kill and reset due to the strategy to beat it . For those unfamiliar with the strategy to beat it is this run to the boss and it will target you and then run to the bridge but don't go past the 2nd post on the bridge and fight the boss there, keep attacking until it gets to around 50% health it will gather energy and howl which it puts up a shield that reflects damage back to you and you have to be careful when using damage over time attacks because they could kill you and your party so it's better not to use them and also becareful not to kill yourself and stop attacking until it drops its shield an once it does start attacking and repeat it until it's dead.

The juran woods boss is one of the most frustrating and most frequently reset bosses due to its endless mobs and the fact most players like to run away from the mobs especially when their party dies put doing so won't solve anything except killing you and possibly reseting the boss and some of my partys have almost done this but i took the agro and ran back to where you encounter him.

Hope this helps out and if you have any questions pm me in game or in the forum .

Greencrow
05-18-2013, 11:24 PM
non-elite. ... will restart boss if all were dead
elite..... I dont think so. It will only restart if its away from its spot like running away and then it follows you.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk HD

Asahetek
05-19-2013, 03:02 AM
Sorry but unfortunately you are wrong it will happen in either normal or elite it really doesn't matter which one and i know this for a fact because it has happened to me plenty of times most recent one was in the elite hall against grimner last night and in elite otagar keep and other players have made threads about it and mistook it for a bug which is why i made this thread.

Also this has been in the rest of the sts games and rpgs.

Asahetek
05-19-2013, 06:59 PM
I created this thread to help players out and pass on some of my knowledge and experiences on this game and rpgs in general and i've been playing sl,dl and this game since they all first launched and have been gaming on and off for 20 years.

If some of you don't believe me, or have questions feel free to ask me or just try it out and i encourage other players who know about this issue post their experiences on.

Lalarie
05-19-2013, 07:02 PM
I've been playing elite a lot, but it rarely restarts for me...

Asahetek
05-19-2013, 07:07 PM
I've only had my party get wiped out 2 times in elite which reset the boss but i didn't make this thread for no reason i've seen multiple threads about it and people from my guild and in game trying to figure out why the boss reset and that some of the newer players who don't know some things about the game.

Again resets only happens if your party gets wiped out and are all dead, or someone decides to run away and takes agro.

wawawa64
05-20-2013, 01:53 PM
I've only had my party get wiped out 2 times in elite which reset the boss but i didn't make this thread for no reason i've seen multiple threads about it and people from my guild and in game trying to figure out why the boss reset and that some of the newer players who don't know some things about the game.

Again resets only happens if your party gets wiped out and are all dead, or someone decides to run away and takes agro.

I believe you are correct, but people are confused about what it means "getting wiped out". I think this means if everyone in the maps died and no one has respawn yet.

I don't know if you need to be in party (I believe not), but it doesn't hurt to be in a party, so just accept those invite !

This also means you can't die if you want to solo the map, or you'll need to invite a low level player to join your party and maybe have him just stand at the spawn point. But doing this will makes the boss/mob harder because you are in a party, but at least you the boss don't reset.

Rare
05-20-2013, 02:01 PM

Let me give an example of what I've seen. One person does and respawns. The other three are close to the end of the boss leash. They get wiped and respawn. The first person makes it back and gets boss agro and draws them out farther. This causes the boss to reset.

wawawa64
05-20-2013, 03:12 PM
Let me give an example of what I've seen. One person does and respawns. The other three are close to the end of the boss leash. They get wiped and respawn. The first person makes it back and gets boss agro and draws them out farther. This causes the boss to reset.

yes, happens quite often to PUG that I join when I farm elite alpha wolf. On top of that, the wolf has a leaping attack and sometimes he just leap out and reset when someone just get back into the area after respawn.

That's why I decided to farm somewhere else...

Swede
05-20-2013, 03:18 PM
Bosses reset for two reasons (and only two). They are generally set up exactly the same in Elite and Normal versions of a map.

Reason 1: The boss can't find any player to attack within a certain range, his 'Aggro' range (set by the boss designer). Dead players don't count. This usually happens if everyone is killed and don't revive in time.

Reason 2: The boss finds himself too far away from where he spawned. The boss designers sets a range (his 'leash' range) and that's the maximum range he can be away from his spawn point. Usually this is triggered by the boss chasing a player that's trying to run away from him.

Asahetek
05-20-2013, 03:24 PM
Bosses reset for two reasons (and only two). They are generally set up exactly the same in Elite and Normal versions of a map.

Reason 1: The boss can't find any player to attack within a certain range, his 'Aggro' range (set by the boss designer). Dead players don't count. This usually happens if everyone is killed and don't revive in time.

Reason 2: The boss finds himself too far away from where he spawned. The boss designers sets a range (his 'leash' range) and that's the maximum range he can be away from his spawn point. Usually this is triggered by the boss chasing a player that's trying to run away from him.

Yes these are what im referring to , that if everyone was dead and didn't respawn or revive in time the boss will reset. Whhich has happen to me a few times here and quite often in the other games and some players seem to often mistake it as a bug.

Resets mainly seem to happen to me during pub runs

I'm sorry if i wasn't clearer.

Asmodaie
05-20-2013, 04:05 PM

Great a dev we/I can talk to. My question: Why the reset at all? It doesn't seem to add anything to gameplay; frankly, it is plain annoying. I can see a reason for the leash and a necessity for the boss to walk back from time to time, but I just don't see any reason for the boss to regain all health. Can't you just fix that it doesn't reset? Uhm, please?

gaararhen
05-21-2013, 07:55 AM
Make them regain life slowly.. just slowly

Drearivev
05-21-2013, 08:58 AM
Sorry but unfortunately you are wrong it will happen in either normal or elite it really doesn't matter which one and i know this for a fact because it has happened to me plenty of times most recent one was in the elite hall against grimner last night and in elite otagar keep and other players have made threads about it and mistook it for a bug which is why i made this thread.

Also this has been in the rest of the sts games and rpgs.I did Elite Grimnr with guildies, we all died, he didn't reset.

Greencrow
05-21-2013, 09:09 AM
Make them regain life slowly.. just slowly

+1 !! just slowly , if full regen, players will just go out.

Resetting an elite boss is annoying especially when you took around an hour fighting and eventually will restart because of dying or running away. (I tried this in Capt. Blood Boss the return )

But still we made it after 1 hour and 30 minutes and got an elite pirate copper chest lol. I will never forget this. :)

Asahetek
05-21-2013, 12:10 PM
I did Elite Grimnr with guildies, we all died, he didn't reset.

All of your party has to be dead at the same time and NO ONE respawned in time.

^^
The dev swede confirmed it aswell.