PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: open Pocket Legends PC Client Beta to the community

setec
10-12-2010, 07:33 AM
doesn't hurt to ask. :)

Why not open up the PL PC Windows Client on the dev:demo or similar test server so that you can get all this great free feedback from the community? Items collected on the test server can not be transferred to the normal server and chars created on that server will be deleted once the beta ends.

Given the vast multitude of unique Windows XP, Vista and 7 installations, it might be a good idea to take advantage of community testing.

And since it is a test server, it's understood things won't work right, you can make updates whenever without ticking anyone off because hey, we all know it's beta.

Anyway, I know you guys like to do stuff in house and might not want to show off the unpolished product but it was just a thought.

Cheers.

Melange
10-12-2010, 07:59 AM
PC will just bring bot/macro hassles and all the annoying anti macro stuff which comes from that.
I hope that if there is a PC version that they keep it seperated.
Sure bots and macros can be made for any platform, but PC is by far the easiest for people to do so.

Varking
10-12-2010, 08:28 AM
PC will just bring bot/macro hassles and all the annoying anti macro stuff which comes from that.
I hope that if there is a PC version that they keep it seperated.
Sure bots and macros can be made for any platform, but PC is by far the easiest for people to do so.

They already said that the game will not be kept separate for anybody. All users no matter where or how they are accessing the game, will have access to the same servers.

Also, what would be the point to botting to level 13 and stopping? The bots will have to pay money to play the higher levels or they would just get stuck farming low level areas.

Vyvin
10-12-2010, 08:35 AM
Pc beta will have a massive amout of glitches and free xp/pinks if there is a beta there will be closed beta only a select few people will get to beta.
/Vyvin

Arterra
10-12-2010, 02:05 PM
i nominate myself.
(ps i repeat, it looks like a ipad emulator)

Cascade
10-12-2010, 02:24 PM
I would love to see an android AND PC beta version...where you create a new character on a beta realm and we can test the servers and maps and stuff...it could save the devs aton of time!

Dizko
10-12-2010, 03:42 PM
Would love to help out with the beta.

Varking
10-12-2010, 04:17 PM
i nominate myself.
(ps i repeat, it looks like a ipad emulator)

It isn't an iPad Emulator but the game is the same resolution currently.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?9811-pc-and-android-news!!!!&p=98234&viewfull=1#post98234

The initial windows PC port will very likely be the same resolution as the iPad client (1024x768). It will be a small client download.

Also, I don't know what the process is for getting picked but they have started making a list for testers... wink wink

setec
10-12-2010, 04:42 PM
Pc beta will have a massive amout of glitches and free xp/pinks if there is a beta there will be closed beta only a select few people will get to beta.
/Vyvin

And who determines the select few? No, it should be everyone. It doesn't matter if you get pinks or not in the beta. My suggestion was that everything is kept in the account and nothing carries over to a normal account. That way no one gets anything because of some glitch.

Arterra
10-12-2010, 05:27 PM
And who determines the select few? No, it should be everyone. It doesn't matter if you get pinks or not in the beta. My suggestion was that everything is kept in the account and nothing carries over to a normal account. That way no one gets anything because of some glitch.

or during beta they can hold the power to withdraw any glitch items... acceptable considering its beta.

It isn't an iPad Emulator but the game is the same resolution currently.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?9811-pc-and-android-news!!!!&p=98234&viewfull=1#post98234

if it isn't a emulator then i hope the finished product looks a little different from the ipad version, more PC-normal.

Varking
10-12-2010, 06:13 PM
Most companies just delete all the characters on the beta server before it goes live so that we start fresh testing new things next time. Nothing rolls over from the beta test because it becomes unfair.

King Richie
10-12-2010, 06:15 PM
Same i wouldnt mind getting a beta code or something =) !!

Futumsh
10-12-2010, 07:00 PM
/Vyvin

I don't know what makes you think that - the pc client is functionally the same as the iphone / ipad / android clients, and is really just an input / display / caching mechanism. Experience and loot is all server side, regardless of the client platform.

Cascade
10-12-2010, 07:21 PM
So will you let us beta it for you guys? I would love to start beta on my android phone this week ;)

Azrael
10-12-2010, 08:43 PM
There will never be a beta if they dont make a seperate server for beta testers to play on.

And honestly im surprised you guys haven't figured out that we have been playing the "beta" all along. Regardless if its not titled as such, this game is a beta. They didn't even start marketing it till recently.

Edit: Btw if you release PC version without releasing OSX version, i couldn't justify playing anymore. Id be at to much of a disadvantage in pvp and boss encounters.

setec
10-13-2010, 12:13 AM
There will never be a beta if they dont make a seperate server for beta testers to play on.

Yeah, no one has a problem with this. This is what I suggested.

Melange
10-13-2010, 05:14 AM
Also, what would be the point to botting to level 13 and stopping? The bots will have to pay money to play the higher levels or they would just get stuck farming low level areas.

They would pay the $10 or so for more levels. Bot/macro reasons are exactly the same as why it gets done in every other mmorpg, farm for gold and valuable items all day and night. Both for in game advantage, and for real world gold and rare item selling for real cash.

So easy to exploit PC, I don't see a reason to ruin the "walled garden" no bots environment that the i platform currently provides.

Vyvin
10-29-2010, 02:44 AM
@Futumsh zomg! U quoted my post, my life log dream if a dev quoting me is fulfilled.
On the on the other note alot of games providing have some client information extractable is likely to get exploits...
I think I have a way to exploit will test and report.
/Vyvin

jonboy
10-29-2010, 03:13 AM
Fanboi gasm. ;)

Vyvin
10-29-2010, 03:20 AM
U know it.
/Vyvin

vulgarstrike
10-29-2010, 11:36 AM
i WOULD LOVE to be in the PC beta, ill be on the lookout for more info

setec
10-30-2010, 01:06 AM
No need to try and reserve PC slots here. We'll do it again later.

As far as the Android goes, we'll get a few testers in initially, then we may do an open beta. We'll keep you posted!

So, I would take this to mean there will be a PC beta (possibly) down the road. We will just have to be patient. :)