PDA

View Full Version : Pausing Elixirs When You dont want to use them

Spymans
05-20-2013, 04:11 PM
I got a 60 min double XP elixir from Klass, but I had to do some important stuff. I turned off Al, and when i came back, my elixir had run out. It was inconvenient , because i was looking forward to level up my main to 31. I think there there should be an option to pause your elixirs when not in use . It would be really helpful. Post your feedback if you have the same issues. Devs, i hope you can make this feature.

Thanks.

Rare
05-20-2013, 04:33 PM
Klaas elixirs always run. Whether you're in game or not.

If you purchase an elixir with platinum, it will not run when you are offline or not in a dungeon.

Spymans
05-20-2013, 05:03 PM
still, you should be able to pause elixirs, because a lot of people cant afford plats.

Worship
05-20-2013, 05:04 PM
Yeah it has been suggested many, many times. But I have no idea why they dont implement this into the game.
They should!

Spymans
05-20-2013, 05:32 PM
thank you worship!! it is hard for people who dont buy plats to get elixirs, so when Klass gives you one, you should be able to pause it, I dont know why they havent implemented it, as you said.

FluffNStuff
05-20-2013, 05:36 PM
They haven't implemented it because you could pause a luck elixir through trash mobs then activate at boss. Thing is, simple solution is they could only be user paused and unpaused when they are naturally paused in town. That way you have to decide pre-run which eliminates this cheat.

razerfingers
05-20-2013, 05:37 PM
They haven't implemented it because you could pause a luck elixir through trash mobs then activate at boss. Thing is, simple solution is they could only be user paused and unpaused when they are naturally paused in town. That way you have to decide pre-run which eliminates this cheat.

Thanks you :)

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall.

Spymans
05-20-2013, 06:53 PM
what i mean is that you could pause the elixirs when you aren't fighting monsters, but if you wanted to turn the elixir on, it would have to be at the start of the dungeon, not in the middle. does that make sense?

Xeriuss
05-20-2013, 07:48 PM
Good idea!

Would like to see that function added.

Rare
05-20-2013, 07:55 PM
Well as a consumer I would love to see this. However, the elixir is a bonus that normally costs money. We all know that these are here to give you a taste. To entice you to buy them. Maybe they'll change it back, but I doubt it.

Like I said though, I would be all for it.

Jcyee
05-20-2013, 10:45 PM
While yes, this would be convenient, like it used to be, STS made it so that elixirs run continuously because many players had been stocking up on elixirs and not using.

For example, me. During the 16 and 21 caps, I was stocking up on almost every kind of elixir. Whether it be a 15 min speed, 30 min damage, or an hour long combo; I essentially had every single ally elixir available on one character. However, this was not the intent of providing elixirs when allies were implemented.

What I think should be done is to extend the time on elixirs. Maybe something like PL but not necessarily as long as a time period. PL daily elixirs last for a full 24 hours. Something around even a few hours I'm sure would be helpful for the casual AL player.

Spymans
05-21-2013, 01:04 PM
I know STS might think they might lose money, but more people will be buying elixirs and speeding up Klass to get elixirs which they can pause, so more people will buy plats. this will actually make STS more money

Yakiniku
05-21-2013, 01:27 PM
Spymans, before the Pirate expansion the Klaas elixirs actually did pause in towns and when logged off. No longer.

There was a little dev post on this. I don't remember exactly where the post was, but it was shortly after people noticed free elixirs no longer pausing in towns. A dev or mod (maybe Sam?) mentioned specifically that the change was made because it was cutting into their plat sales. Blunt, but honest.

So given the current amount of plat sinks we're seeing lately, I really doubt it'll get changed back.

Spymans
05-21-2013, 01:49 PM
but more people will buy plats, because they will have the option to pause the elixirs,so in reality, it will make more money for them

Rare
05-21-2013, 02:16 PM
but more people will buy plats, because they will have the option to pause the elixirs,so in reality, it will make more money for them

The elixir you buy with plat already pauses. I don't really see how allowing free elixirs to pause will generate any more money for them. Except maybe from those that refuse to play because the Klaas elixirs don't pause.

wvhills
05-21-2013, 02:16 PM
how would this help us sell plats?

Spymans
05-21-2013, 02:19 PM
because people might speed up elixirs with the few plats they have, then might decide because the elixirs pause, that they should buy plats

Rare
05-21-2013, 03:08 PM
because people might speed up elixirs with the few plats they have, then might decide because the elixirs pause, that they should buy plats

You mean instead of just buying elixirs that pause they'd spend 5 plat on a chance at a rare elixir?

Spymans
05-21-2013, 04:32 PM
i mean for klass and stuff, they can speed up to get the elixirs for 2 plats. I would start buying plats if they did that.

Yakiniku
05-21-2013, 04:36 PM
Isn't that the same as buying elixirs by pressing the elixir button?

You can get those now and they do pause in towns/offline. Albeit for 4 plat and 30 minutes now. :sulkiness:

Spymans
05-21-2013, 05:01 PM
but they are more expensive for buying elixirs in the store.

They could only make this function for some elixirs, like xp or luck or other things

Rare
05-21-2013, 05:26 PM
i mean for klass and stuff, they can speed up to get the elixirs for 2 plats. I would start buying plats if they did that.

No. You pay two plat for the CHANCE at an elixir

Spymans
05-21-2013, 05:39 PM
still, is better than paying 8 plats or more outright

Rare
05-21-2013, 07:17 PM
still, is better than paying 8 plats or more outright

Well that's a matter of opinion. I've gone countless klaas collections getting only potions on 3 toons. I can already see it "STS is making us gamble on elixir now!!! Boo"

In fact, all the way from lvl 26-31 I did not get a single xp elixir from klaas on any. (Strangely enough, I have been getting some now that everyone is capped)

So no, I personally don't think it's better.

Spyce
05-21-2013, 07:30 PM
Impossible.

Spymans
05-22-2013, 01:04 PM
okay, thank you then, but i would still like to see this implemented

Rare
05-22-2013, 01:12 PM
Good luck :)

Spymans
05-22-2013, 01:16 PM
thanks for your support!!

Pandamoni
05-22-2013, 01:27 PM
I got a 60 min double XP elixir from Klass, but I had to do some important stuff. I turned off Al, and when i came back, my elixir had run out. It was inconvenient , because i was looking forward to level up my main to 31. I think there there should be an option to pause your elixirs when not in use . It would be really helpful. Post your feedback if you have the same issues. Devs, i hope you can make this feature.

Thanks.

The free elixirs from Klaas and Shaz used to NOT count down when you weren't in a dungeon, just as the paid ones currently do. STS made the decision awhile ago to change this and make them count down continually. Unfortunately, unless you have time to play, the best thing to do is NOT check what Klaas and Shaz have for you.

I agree that it would be nice to have them as they used to be (not count down) but I don't think they'll change it back to how it was before.

Spymans
05-22-2013, 02:21 PM
yeah, well i hope they put the feature back on, it would be really handy