PDA

View Full Version : if u have a problem killing guildies then don't join a game with them on other team

wvhills
05-21-2013, 08:45 AM
hello all,
recently i've been seeing people apologize for killing someone in pvp. Soon I realized it was because they were in same guild. After reading through the guild section here on forums I've noticed several guild have a "do not kill another guild mate" policy. If your guild has such a policy, please be courteous enough not to join a game that has guild members on the opposite team. It's not fair for your teammates. Quite a few times i've been running behind a team mate and have gotten killed because they ran right passed opposing team members without attacking. There's enough going on in pvp without us having to plan our strategy based upon who is or isn't attacking because they're in the same guild.

Thanks

swexcist
05-21-2013, 09:52 AM
+1

This "we on same guild dont touch me" thing is what really ruines pvp..

NOt spawn killing, on the rare occations it happen, hey cu members *cough

Gundamseed
05-21-2013, 10:20 AM
Yeah very true

Yakiniku
05-21-2013, 10:21 AM
+10000

When you end up in a game where guildies are on both sides and refuse to touch each other, it just gets annoying. The competition becomes compromised, people hold back and those of us on the outside end up with unearned deaths as a result. If you really think about, guildies killing each other doesn't really affect your guild standing unless the person dying is flagging. Your guild takes a kill, earns a death. Break even. It's just the pride of the downed guildie that makes it such a big deal.

That said, I've been respecting my guild's wishes and leaving games where I join and see mates on the other side. If by chance, I miss a name and someone calls me on it, I'll still leave mid-game and take the penalty. Not a big deal. But if a guildie joins the other side after I've been in the game for some time... and starts gunning for me? Well, it's game on. :)

@ Swexist what happened? I'm just random member# 234980 so I'm not in the loop, but I heard you went all vendetta against CU the other day. Nothing personal to me, I'm just curious and nosy. :D

swexcist
05-21-2013, 10:40 AM
Long story m8, but its about of what we speak of in this topic, the rule of ruin for my team bcs i cant touch a guildy. We can talk ingame if ur interested, dont wanto blather it out public, its betwen me and just a few xD

Yakiniku
05-21-2013, 10:51 AM
Ahh no worries man, I understand where you're coming from. No need to chat in game about it, I'm pretty sure I get the idea haha. But that doesn't mean I won't say hi we happen to cross paths at some point. :)

Good luck to you. Hope you've found a good home for your toon(s).

Sorry for off-topic, all. I have a bad habit of doing that.

Syylent
05-21-2013, 11:03 AM
It's pvp. Kill who you want. Don't kill who you don't want. If you don't like people not attacking leave the match.

If you want to flag, then flag.

What I do in pvp is what I do. I will chose who I attack and who I don't. Quite simple.

You have many players with different styles in pvp. Having all of them conform to the way you want to play is not realistic. You may get 1 5v5 off the bat as all meet in the center at the start. After that, it won't happen again unless the winning side waits for the other team to regroup. Good luck with that in a pug setting.

All you get is heal me... you suck... what are you waiting for...you hack...twink...move faster...move slower...use a different pet...can I have gold... why do you have traps so forth and so on..

I don't really care to respond every time with I had to use the can, I like traps, my daughter needed help with home work, my wife needed me to reset the satellite, the baby's diaper needed changed, the dogs needed let out, I was taking a drink of water or I just felt like watching you die.

Cremated
05-21-2013, 11:24 AM
+10000

Stay here 1000 days and you can achieve.

Rare
05-21-2013, 11:30 AM
It's pvp. Kill who you want. Don't kill who you don't want. If you don't like people not attacking leave the match.

That's absurd

Stuff like this is a big part of why I don't PVP.

wvhills
05-21-2013, 12:14 PM

If you want to flag, then flag.

What I do in pvp is what I do. I will chose who I attack and who I don't. Quite simple.

You have many players with different styles in pvp. Having all of them conform to the way you want to play is not realistic. You may get 1 5v5 off the bat as all meet in the center at the start. After that, it won't happen again unless the winning side waits for the other team to regroup. Good luck with that in a pug setting.

All you get is heal me... you suck... what are you waiting for...you hack...twink...move faster...move slower...use a different pet...can I have gold... why do you have traps so forth and so on..

I don't really care to respond every time with I had to use the can, I like traps, my daughter needed help with home work, my wife needed me to reset the satellite, the baby's diaper needed changed, the dogs needed let out, I was taking a drink of water or I just felt like watching you die.

well, the way you play pvp isn't right then. It's called capture the flag so if you aren't trying to capture the flag you aren't doing it right. Also, maybe you should try to be considerate of others and if you're going to go afk or not help your team then you should leave the game. This attitude is exactly why we need to be able to host pvp matches and boot players.

The attitude now a days is "there's no right and wrong", "everyone is entitled to their own opinion", "I have the right to do what I want" (I'm talking in society as a whole and not only in mmo's). Trying coming into work at 10 am when starting time is 8 am and tell them you can work how you want. Or go play a baseball game and run to second base without going to first base. There are rules and principles that go along with life. Some of the basic principles of ctf is it's the red team verses the blue team and the first to capture 5 flags wins. So if you're noobing it up on purpose then you should have the courtesy to leave and let others play the game as it's intended to be played.

Skidmarkz
05-21-2013, 12:15 PM
I like traps,

Most op skill.

Wowsome
05-21-2013, 12:30 PM
^+1

Syylent
05-21-2013, 12:48 PM
That's absurd

Stuff like this is a big part of why I don't PVP.

Not sure why it is absurd.

PVP is just that pvp. I personally would change it to make the rules a little more harder.

Basically pvp in games have gone from losing equipment/experience and having penalties to everyone sitting around screaming... that's not fair.

You want fair? call a buddy to join.. fight more and learn techniques and different sets of armor to wear against your opponents or different pets instead of relying on slag all the time.

Just my take on pvp. To each their own.

Cremated
05-21-2013, 01:09 PM

PVP is just that pvp. I personally would change it to make the rules a little more harder.

Basically pvp in games have gone from losing equipment/experience and having penalties to everyone sitting around screaming... that's not fair.

You want fair? call a buddy to join.. fight more and learn techniques and different sets of armor to wear against your opponents or different pets instead of relying on slag all the time.

Rare
05-21-2013, 01:13 PM

What makes it absurd is that ctf is a team game. And like a lot of people you are saying "I'll play how I want. My way. And if you don't like it leave"

Syylent
05-21-2013, 01:14 PM
well, the way you play pvp isn't right then. It's called capture the flag so if you aren't trying to capture the flag you aren't doing it right. Also, maybe you should try to be considerate of others and if you're going to go afk or not help your team then you should leave the game. This attitude is exactly why we need to be able to host pvp matches and boot players.

The attitude now a days is "there's no right and wrong", "everyone is entitled to their own opinion", "I have the right to do what I want" (I'm talking in society as a whole and not only in mmo's). Trying coming into work at 10 am when starting time is 8 am and tell them you can work how you want. Or go play a baseball game and run to second base without going to first base. There are rules and principles that go along with life. Some of the basic principles of ctf is it's the red team verses the blue team and the first to capture 5 flags wins. So if you're noobing it up on purpose then you should have the courtesy to leave and let others play the game as it's intended to be played.

Sorry to be snarky, but I missed the CTF rule book. If you really aren't enjoying the match why can you not leave? That is what I do not understand. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I have been of that mind for the better part of my 50 or so years on the planet. I do have the right to do what I want in the confines of the systems put in place. Just as you do. If I wish to leave match, I can. If you wish to, you can.

I do come to work at 10 when starting time is 8:00. I take 2 hour lunches and leave early. I also come in 2 hours ahead of time and leave 14 hours latter. I also do everything no one else wants to do on top of what my title entails.

Why would I run to second base? That is just silly.

I get called noob a lot. I prefer to noob it up thank you.

I guess I can distinguish between life and pixels in a game.

Syylent
05-21-2013, 01:15 PM
What makes it absurd is that ctf is a team game. And like a lot of people you are saying "I'll play how I want. My way. And if you don't like it leave"

Isn't that what you are telling me?

What if I decide to capture the flag 30 minutes or 60 minutes from when I enter? Wait for me please.

Syylent
05-21-2013, 01:16 PM
Most op skill.

Shhhhhhh! everyone will start respec'ing to traps! Next you'll give out my speed passive secret.

Lady_Pebbles
05-21-2013, 01:21 PM
I completely agree with Aedenos & WvHillz. CtF is a team based arena PvP. Its not 1v1. Its not entirely FFA either. It is all about working as a team to gain goals. Thats it. If you're inconsiderate of your team mates, want to just do your own thing and not help out, just farm... you'll eventually end up losing team mates and find yourself being farmed.

While we're on the topic btw... there is no such thing as KSing in CtF. Team based arena with some FFA elements doesn't mean you're actually in a 'everyone for themselves' type of match. Hell not even DM in the other games are fully FFA. I.E... if I see my team mate about to die, Im gonna help 'em. Period.

@Aedenos: Remember.. payback is soooo sweet too tho. Lol. Hit me up whenever you wanna PvP. Lets get guild matches going hahaha.

Chili
05-21-2013, 01:22 PM
Omg THANK YOU! The rule of no killing guildies only works with games who have an open world pvp..... Dont enter the arena with this rule if you cant be sure that there are no guildies on the other team. It makes for stacked teams and empty rooms..... ridiculous.

On another note, if the guild prides themselves in having the best pvpers lol let them be.... for you never get better at pvp if you never play the "best." All they are doing is destroying their own guild with this rule :)

Skidmarkz
05-21-2013, 03:57 PM
This is getting annoying. Please do not compare a game to real life situations. Please tell me how is a game of capture the flag like going to work at a certain time. Work pays the bills, ctf does not. If my friends and i play baseball and skip first base completely then that's how we're going to play. Same thing with ctf, us friends play how we want to, if you don't like it then find another room. There are no rules stating when and how the flags must be captured. If i want to kill everyone first and flag later that's how i'll play. There's nothing wrong with not killing guildies, it helps make the bond between members stronger and prevents built up anger between members.

Zojak
05-21-2013, 05:21 PM

Sound's like an Asheron's Call player! :D

drgrimmy
05-21-2013, 06:03 PM
Yeah, kinda annoying. I have even been in game where one of my "teammates" watched me fight a couple of his guildies by myself and then took the health pack from me while I was running to it even though he was at full health. It doesn't bother me too much unless it is clear that guildies are joining opposing teams just to make an unfair advantage. A little more understandable if it happens by mistake or friends are waiting till the game is over to remake the game and join on the same team in the new game. I feel that this is much worse at twink levels where everyone is trying to hold onto insane k/d ratios.

Limsi
05-21-2013, 11:54 PM
This is most annoying.. I can tell which guild practices this. Hard to find a good pvp match now.

Cero
05-22-2013, 12:54 AM
This is most annoying.. I can tell which guild practices this. Hard to find a good pvp match now.

Vengeance!!!!!

perhaps you mean hard to find a killfeed match? peace:D

savie
05-22-2013, 12:57 AM
Couldn't agree more to this thread, that's why I left my guild.

Limsi
05-22-2013, 01:27 AM
Vengeance!!!!!

perhaps you mean hard to find a killfeed match? peace:D

Hard to find a match that lacks the problem that most of the users here experience :)

Darko
05-22-2013, 02:39 AM
Its not n just guildies. Even in pug games friends don't kill friends. ...I personally have no issue wirh this as its not my place to tell someone how to have fun and play games...my guild has that rule (some were pissed off) we took away the rule (some were pissed off ) so my golden rule is play to what your personal code is as a player.... if you want to know how someone else will play ask them simple. If you dont like a game whether you die a lot, kill spawning, flag game, 1 vs 1 game, bad teammatws etc you have the right to leave....what I hate is when someone joins and complains... for example a group of us were flagging for hours, than someone comes in complaining, just find a room that supports ur needs...my guild today has been communicating, hey flsg game here, hey real 5 vs 5 battle etc.. not eveey game is @5 vs 5 battle royal....every game is different.....wv hit the nail on the head, its called ctf (capture the flag) and i love when someone (cuz its not their personal goal) start yelling at u for grabbing a flag.....these behaviors can't be changed , sts can't change it, guilds cant change it....just find a room that suits your needs

swexcist
05-22-2013, 03:04 AM
I kill everyone of my friends if they are on the opposit team, and what i have noticed most good pvpers does. Biggest problem is guild alliances and "dont kill me were in the same gild" shlt... not spawncamping. Imo

Cero
05-22-2013, 03:35 AM
I kill everyone of my friends if they are on the opposit team, and what i have noticed most good pvpers does. Biggest problem is guild alliances and "dont kill me were in the same gild" shlt... not spawncamping. Imo

you must understand... lemme tell you a story.. back in SL pvp, we ddnt made a rule about "no killing" because of it many guildmates become foes. An inner conflict which isnt good for the guild. Many left our guild, we lost good Players because of PvP.

Now we change our guild rule to "dont join the otherside" instead of "no killing" ik it is somewhat the same but it makes a difference.

PS this rule has been change from few days ago so there are still others who hasnt been informed.

we still have guildmates who likes to fight the guild.

Chili
05-22-2013, 08:15 AM
you must understand... lemme tell you a story.. back in SL pvp, we ddnt made a rule about "no killing" because of it many guildmates become foes. An inner conflict which isnt good for the guild. Many left our guild, we lost good Players because of PvP.

Now we change our guild rule to "dont join the otherside" instead of "no killing" ik it is somewhat the same but it makes a difference.

PS this rule has been change from few days ago so there are still others who hasnt been informed.

Our guild does NOT have that rule... And somehow someway we still exist.. Cater to the whiners and the whiners become your boss.

Cero
05-22-2013, 08:44 AM

Our guild does NOT have that rule... And somehow someway we still exist.. Cater to the whiners and the whiners become your boss.

i can understand how your guild run ... we ddnt have that rule at start way back at SL.
If you guys manage it, Congrats
i just hope things like inner conflict because of pvp wont happen in your guild.

Matutd
05-22-2013, 08:50 AM
Haha I couldnt imagine joining a game with guildies and not rushing the crap out of them xD if you're good friends, why would you fall out over something as silly as a pvp death?

iluvataris
05-22-2013, 10:59 AM
2 things.
They should add wins and losses to ctf.
So there would be more purpose to winning.
An say a 5 minute lockout of pvp For game hoppers.

Second, only way to better yourself is play against the best.

Chili
05-22-2013, 01:39 PM
i can understand how your guild run ... we ddnt have that rule at start way back at SL.
If you guys manage it, Congrats
i just hope things like inner conflict because of pvp wont happen in your guild.

It wont, and Ill tell you why..... DM has no room for this. They are upfront with the rule. All Gms, officers and recruits are under the same opinion. If someone doesnt like it, they are free to leave, and the situation solves itself. Therefore, the weak are weeded out, and the strong stay.

Rare
05-22-2013, 02:50 PM
This is getting annoying. Please do not compare a game to real life situations. Please tell me how is a game of capture the flag like going to work at a certain time. Work pays the bills, ctf does not. If my friends and i play baseball and skip first base completely then that's how we're going to play. Same thing with ctf, us friends play how we want to, if you don't like it then find another room. There are no rules stating when and how the flags must be captured. If i want to kill everyone first and flag later that's how i'll play. There's nothing wrong with not killing guildies, it helps make the bond between members stronger and prevents built up anger between members.

Just like I said before, your kinds of comments are absurd and have a very negative affect on the game. There are also no rules against leaching btw.

Same could be said about how annoyed you're getting here. If you don't like it, find another thread.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say one of these guilds have more adults than the other. People that can handle winning AND losing. Otherwise... gtfo.

Haha I couldnt imagine joining a game with guildies and not rushing the crap out of them xD if you're good friends, why would you fall out over something as silly as a pvp death?

saool
05-22-2013, 03:06 PM

Haha Matt we just like to have fun :D

You know how we ARG members in PvP usually are! We just love to have fun.

btw I'll probably be on later so we can PvP just in case you are too.

Syylent
05-22-2013, 03:45 PM
Sound's like an Asheron's Call player! :D
Red Rage monarchy, Morningthaw server :-)

And darktide part time

Cero
05-22-2013, 05:54 PM
It wont, and Ill tell you why..... DM has no room for this. They are upfront with the rule. All Gms, officers and recruits are under the same opinion. If someone doesnt like it, they are free to leave, and the situation solves itself. Therefore, the weak are weeded out, and the strong stay.

then good for you and your guild.. doesnt hurt us if one is strong and proud lol.

Azepeiete
05-22-2013, 09:19 PM
.. for example a group of us were flagging for hours, than someone comes in complaining,

Another thing I've been seeing (not just vengeance) is the free flags between guildies...don't find it fair that those who work hard for real flags, cant compete with flag boosting. Just as bad as kill boosting.

Alfai
05-23-2013, 01:23 AM
Stop whining when things get sour.leave th3 match if it feels unfair.call for help if choose to stay.kill if wanna kill.flag when the rest wanna flag.no taunting when things doesnt work your way.ensure payback coz death is certain.be courteous n make friends not enemies.be respectful to the rest.revenge when things are rude.

The game is simple, really.and when you stop having fun then its not gaming :) peace

Lady_Pebbles
05-23-2013, 02:10 AM
I think the pvp patch coming soon will help out a bit in pvp but sadly, it won't change player's ways of pvping. Some of us play it the way its supposed to be played and others do things differently.

*shrugs* Glad spawn kills will be patched at least. Locked rooms might help too, boot the players who don't play fairly (according to your own beliefs on what is/isn't fair) and everyone wins... so what if players make more alts and farm for achievements? Pfft, they're already doing it now along with friends boosting other friends. Not like StS is doing anything about THAT so screw it... locked rooms =win.

iike
05-23-2013, 02:51 AM
Pvp or ctf should not be taken personally within guildies. It's just really lame for some guilds to have such "spare me in pvp" policy. They're not just spoiling their members, they aren't helping them improved. Does each members shares gold and gears? No. You work hard for it. You earned it. Now go kill opposing team and win your team. That's real pvp. That's real team play. Why would I not kill you 'cause we're guildies? Get out from here then or keep playing pvp, don't get mad. Nothing personal in pvp. Outside pvp we're guildies.

Alfai
05-23-2013, 02:56 AM
Pvp or ctf should not be taken personally within guildies. It's just really lame for some guilds to have such "spare me in pvp" policy. They're not just spoiling their members, they aren't helping them improved. Does each members shares gold and gears? No. You work hard for it. You earned it. Now go kill opposing team and win your team. That's real pvp. That's real team play. Why would I not kill you 'cause we're guildies? Get out from here then or keep playing pvp, don't get mad. Nothing personal in pvp. Outside pvp we're guildies.

i agree. in some ways you arent fighting when the rest are putting the efforts. unless its mutually agreed by all to flag especially when 1 team is outnumbered.

you can never change the way people behave sometimes.that's just how it is.but you can have payback ;)

swexcist
05-23-2013, 03:32 AM

Well said

blakadder
05-23-2013, 05:31 AM
There is one PvP rule in Misfits thats enforced strictly and it goes something like this:

What happens in PvP, stays in PvP!

Simple innit?

drgrimmy
05-23-2013, 10:42 AM
Its easy to say if you don't like a game, just leave, but behavior like this really makes it hard to find a decent PvP game to join. Small things like this have resulted in me practically giving up PvP. Not only is the same old stadium and format boring and stale, but it has become increasingly harder to find good matches to join...