PDA

View Full Version : Running passed mobs to boss

falmear
05-21-2013, 12:25 PM
I've been part of a few parties where individuals (including myself) have had problems running passed mobs to the boss, after they''ve died at the boss. And they can't get by without help. So I wanted to post a few tips to run passed mobs on your own without any help from a warrior. I am sure other people have other suggestions so I look forward to hearing them. My tips are mostly for mages but are applicable to rogues.

1) Use helm and armor that is called 'at will'. This armor gives STR/int and fairly inexpensive. Also use an amulet & ring which gives you mostly STR and armor. Then create a load out so you can quickly switch to your 'tank' gear. If you use shield, then using this kind of gear is a huge bonus because it makes shield even better. When you get back to the boss, you can quickly switch using another saved load out back to your preferred gear.

2) Use a pet with speed such as Slag or Shiloh, this will help you run passed the mobs more quickly. And helps counter the slow down from the frost when you get hit by arrorws or bit.

3) As you move, spam health pots. On either the tablet on PC you can do this easily.

4) Use obstacles to block mobs. For example on Oltgar at the corner, there are 2 pillars, I go between them and this blocks some mobs and helps me squeeze by.

5) For mages, using charged time shift strategically to root mobs in place helps you get by. You can lure them to you, knock them down with fireball or run passed and then drop time shift. Different situations require different tactics so use whatever works for you.

Lastly, if you are someone who can't afford to buy this gear or a pet with speed, then ask your party to kill all of the mob. I would rather spend an extra few mins to kill the mobs then wasting 20 mins waiting for people to run back and just keep dieing. When using advanced tactics like this, there is an expectation that you either won't die, will use plat to regen or can make it back on your own.

Greencrow
05-21-2013, 08:03 PM
nice guide :) as a warrior, Ill just instruct them to use time shift and speed pet. Bcoz by the time Ill help them, oltgar will follow me and then he will restart.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk HD

Lady_Pebbles
05-21-2013, 08:11 PM
Very nice job! Can also use charged Frost to freeze mobs and Fire to stun.. one after the other. Oh and a combo of security and will items help too. :)

katish
05-22-2013, 01:14 AM
Also, in some maps you can have the mobs chase you and let yourself die in a specific spot so they are all grouped out of the way, so when you relive you can safely run past them.

Or you may need to reset them if they are all grouped like a barrier right in your pathway.