PDA

View Full Version : What happened to the Gorgox Hammer?

Cascade
10-12-2010, 02:31 PM
I've noticed that there have been tons more people selling the Gorgox Hammer...What happened? It is sposed to be rare...Just this weekend it was worth 2M and now people are selling it for 800k-1M So did the devs increase the drop rate? It makes me mad that they are dropping so often now...they are sposed to rare....and rare meaning dropping 1-3 times a day. So what happened?

Wyvern
10-12-2010, 02:38 PM
Pls don't tell em to lower the drop rate! I'm unlucky and I want one! I only looted a plasma axe in like 200 runs of victory lap and crush the keeper

Royce
10-12-2010, 03:46 PM
They are rare. The 1mil plus prices were never going to last. Rare drop or not, people started rush farming the crap out of AO3 the day it was released, so there are a lot of pretty much every item out there by now. Expect all prices to drop sharply in coming days. On a related note, are the devs ever planning to nerf the rush? It is still the single worst thing about PL PvE.

Wyvern
10-12-2010, 03:53 PM
Royce can we farm or something? Xwyvernx is my name. I never loot anything good.

Gavry
10-12-2010, 03:59 PM
I totally agree Royce. The current state of affairs in PL land is the worst I have ever seen it, dire in fact. The AO3 games are either XP in map 2 or STUPID rush-remake in Victory Lap. The rush is so fast now people are jumping in and out of games as soon as anything goes wrong. The feeling of teamwork, community and groups is so far past dead it's just ludicrous.

On a side note. I was in an xp group in map 2 and someone joined who needed to clear to progress. I begged people to assist with the boss for 20 minutes and finally gave up having to say a big sorry to the player. I feel really sorry for those who still need to unlock. Nobody wants to actually play maps any more.

Cascade
10-12-2010, 04:00 PM
I know royce but it just seems in the past two days there have been at least 15 people selling gorgox hammers...its like they started dropping a lot more frequently all the sudden or something. I wish there were items that just stayed super rare.

Vyvin
10-12-2010, 04:24 PM
I Atez Teh Hammor!
The items looted at the release of map are going to plummet their prices because this game like other works on supply and demand..
New map means new loot means everyone wants them.
When the demand slowly dies prices fall.
Gurgox hammer = i want it = prices spike to 2 mil
/Vyvin

Tailless
10-12-2010, 05:11 PM
On a side note. I was in an xp group in map 2 and someone joined who needed to clear to progress. I begged people to assist with the boss for 20 minutes and finally gave up having to say a big sorry to the player. I feel really sorry for those who still need to unlock. Nobody wants to actually play maps any more.

That happened to me, I just finished map 2 the day before yesterday and cleared the ninja last night. I had a friend that tried to help but he even got discouraged. I had read what to do with map 2 and told them each time someone new joined and people would still rush in, die, then quit. Luckily there was 1 person that stayed each night to help me out but in every level all the other players changed 2 or more times.

Dip
10-12-2010, 05:16 PM
well i gues with time everything will drop down to reasonable levels... seems like nothing is rare these days.. so many overlord helmz... so many void dex armour and power rift suits.. prices do drop fast.. everything is below 1m now.. anything over 1m doesnt even sell.. unlesss u get some rich noobs ...

.. but its benefiting casual players like me :)

Vyvin
10-12-2010, 05:23 PM
Lesson learned dont aggrovate farmers.
Wait until prices drop to buy.
/Vyvin