PDA

View Full Version : AL not working on Chrome :(

Wowsome
05-22-2013, 12:07 PM
I have been playing AL on Chrome for quite some time. Yesterday I cleared up the data on my laptop (that includes the browser too) and now I regret it :(. Below is the error message I get each time I attempt to launch AL -

Uh-oh! Chrome failed to start our game. Press this button to see the updated news on this issue!

I have tried these things till now -
1) Remove the app and add it back to Chrome.
2) Restart the browser.
3) Restart the laptop.
4) Update Chrome to the latest version.
5) http://support.spacetimestudios.com/customer/portal/articles/963855-%22chrome-failed-to-start-our-game%22
6) http://support.spacetimestudios.com/customer/portal/articles/967157-how-to-resolve-most-errors-with-spacetime-games-on-google-chrome

I tried playing on other browsers, but it is a bad experience for me.

If you have faced this before, or if you have a suggestion that might help - please share! I really want to get it working again, especially because we have the double XP event this weekend.

Thank you!

PS - Unfortunately this has forced me to take a break from AL, almost.

Argyros
05-22-2013, 12:11 PM
Best guess is to PM samhayne or support. D:

Wowsome
05-22-2013, 01:40 PM
Best guess is to PM samhayne or support. D:

Done and done. Fingers crossed.

In the meantime, I would be happy to try anything else that might do the magic.

Lojack
05-22-2013, 02:50 PM
Chrome update broke it. We're looking into it.

Wowsome
05-23-2013, 12:40 AM
Chrome update broke it. We're looking into it.

Thanks for notifying! I hope to get back in there soon :).

Wowsome
05-24-2013, 02:48 PM
Any word? Pretty please! :/ I see many players are affected (read: losing out on double XP).

FYI, I rolled back to a 2 months old Chrome version, and disabled auto-updates. Still the same message is thrown after loading up to 92%.

Taejo
05-24-2013, 02:52 PM
I think devs need to look for alternative reasons as to why AL won't load on PC. The game does not load on Mozilla, IE, or Chrome (older version).

Bookmark
05-24-2013, 02:52 PM
I can't get AL to work after removing and reinstalling the game; as well as installing a previous version of Chrome prior to this technical difficulty. I can get the game running on Firefox, but the game's connection is too choppy to even remotely enjoy the gameplay!

Wowsome
05-24-2013, 03:09 PM
This is what I see on the JavaScript console -

NativeClient: NaCl module load failed: Nexe crashed during startup

Taejo
05-24-2013, 03:15 PM
Yeah. I tried enabling Native client in about:flags. No dice.

Greencrow
05-24-2013, 03:22 PM
still stuck at 92%

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk HD

Spyce
05-24-2013, 04:35 PM
still stuck at 92%

Ugh.
Please work!

H2N
05-24-2013, 04:56 PM
Are you able to play any non-STS Chome Native Client games? (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/category/app/3-games) Make sure it's a Chrome Native Client game. Some games on the Chrome web store are actually Flash, not Chrome Native Client.

Taejo
05-24-2013, 07:46 PM
Can we at least get an update on this issue? Please show some care for your fan-base which relies on playing on Chrome.

H2N
05-24-2013, 08:43 PM
Can we at least get an update on this issue? Please show some care for your fan-base which relies on playing on Chrome.

If you are referring to the AL 9x% stuck (4x% stuck issue for PL/SL/DL) issue, this is a pre-existing issue for some players that we do not believe is related to the recent Chrome update - it existed before the recent Chrome update. We don't have an update on this issue. If you are having the AL 9x% stuck (4x% stuck issue for PL/SL/DL) issue, can you try some non-STS Chrome Native Client games to see if the issue occurs with other Chrome Native Client games? (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/category/app/3-games) Make sure it's a Chrome Native Client game. Some games on the Chrome web store are actually Flash, not Chrome Native Client.

Air Mech, Angry Bots, Bastion, Cordy, Muffin Knight from the Chrome web store are Chrome Native Client games.

Glasveena
05-24-2013, 08:46 PM
still stuck at 92%

Hi, last night it happened to me too, stuck at 92%. Then I checked that my chrome is now up-to-date.
I thought I choose not to update or something, but still got updated.. -.-"
I check my folder program files-Google-chrome-application-find the 'old_chrome'.
Open Chrome with that.
Try open Arcane Legends
after that if failed to start:
Check STS support for google Chrome, 'Chrome Failed to Start'

and now I can play again as usual.

Not sure if u have the same folder path as mine.
Don't know what will happen if Chrome update again though.

But for now, I can play again :)

Ow and i did not uninstall and re-install my chrome.

TheStoic
05-24-2013, 09:28 PM
I can play yesterday but now, stuck at 80%-92%,lol, I don't know how to fix this.

Chrome is up to date. I play on PC.

When I play on my Mac, toons have missing limbs, oh well.

Greencrow
05-24-2013, 09:32 PM
Hi, last night it happened to me too, stuck at 92%. Then I checked that my chrome is now up-to-date.
I thought I choose not to update or something, but still got updated.. -.-"
I check my folder program files-Google-chrome-application-find the 'old_chrome'.
I access Arcane Legends with that and now I can play again as usual.

Not sure if u have the same folder path as mine.
Don't know what will happen if Chrome update again though.

But for now, I can play again :)

Ow and i did not uninstall and re-install my chrome.

oh lemme try this

what did you do with AL in that folder?

H2N
05-24-2013, 09:35 PM
Try the old_chrome trick from the above post that seems to be a workaround.

H2N
05-24-2013, 09:35 PM
I can play yesterday but now, stuck at 80%-92%,lol, I don't know how to fix this.

H2N
05-24-2013, 09:37 PM
oh lemme try this

what did you do with AL in that folder?

From the description, it seems like all you need to do is run the old_chrome.exe that's in the same folder as chrome.exe. From the description, the problem seems to happen when you run chrome.exe, but doesn't happen when you run old_chrome.exe. Go figure.

Glasveena
05-24-2013, 09:37 PM
SOrry.. I mean i open chrome with that, then try accessing Arcane Legends..
Edited the confusing sentence.. :tongue:

H2N
05-24-2013, 09:39 PM

The missing limbs issue should be fixed now. Try the old_chrome trick/workaround mentioned above for the 80%-92% stuck issue.

Greencrow
05-24-2013, 09:59 PM
From the description, it seems like all you need to do is run the old_chrome.exe that's in the same folder as chrome.exe. From the description, the problem seems to happen when you run chrome.exe, but doesn't happen when you run old_chrome.exe. Go figure.

okay, I found the old chrome exe, open it, open AL then it says "uh-oh! chrome failed to start our game......"

Spyce
05-24-2013, 10:01 PM
okay, I found the old chrome exe, open it, open AL then it says "uh-oh! chrome failed to start our game......"

Doesn't it give you instructions on what do after that?

Greencrow
05-24-2013, 10:02 PM
Doesn't it give you instructions on what do after that?

its running now!!!!!! I reset the gpu in about:flags thanks h2n

Spyce
05-24-2013, 10:04 PM
its running now!!!!!! I reset the gpu in about:flags thanks h2n

Get on!

Glasveena
05-24-2013, 10:10 PM
Get on!

Forgot.. after that it's like the first time i tried Arcane Legends in Chrome, it failed to load, but it can be fixed.
Check STS support http://support.spacetimestudios.com/customer/portal/articles/963855-%22chrome-failed-to-start-our-game%22

Greencrow
05-24-2013, 10:13 PM
Get on!

its still patching :-)

kimLWR
05-24-2013, 10:27 PM
same here stuck at 92%, already did the about:flags tricks but still no luck :-/

H2N
05-24-2013, 10:29 PM
same here stuck at 92%, already did the about:flags tricks but still no luck :-/

You launched old_chrome, right?

TheStoic
05-24-2013, 10:49 PM
I've uninstalled and re-installed the older version, Version 27.0.1453.93, still not working.

H2N
05-24-2013, 10:53 PM
I've uninstalled and re-installed the older version, Version 27.0.1453.93, still not working.

You must launch the old_chrome executable. Not uninstall/re-install. In the folder where the chrome executable is located is a file named old_chrome. Launch that file named old_chrome.

Glasveena
05-24-2013, 10:56 PM

The older version is the 26 ones..

also H2N, for those installing older version of chrome, i found this in other thread, this is posted by cyrusrevange

"Dear Sir/ Madam

I have managed to solve the google chrome problem( the latest version stuck at
92% and dosnt load anymore) by installing old version of google chrome.
Now I can play the game but not completely!! I can not see any 2XP and I had
one week XP elixir as well but it dosnt work, and each enemy I kill is counted
for one only, even my weekly elixir is not working anymore.
Please help us to fix this issue
Thank you"

any other people experiencing that?

Zanpakuto
05-25-2013, 02:25 AM
For some reason this is not working for me today anymore :( stuck at 92%!

TheStoic
05-25-2013, 02:44 AM
For some reason this is not working for me today anymore :( stuck at 92%!

Read this:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?99261-Guide-How-to-play-AL-in-Chrome-again-)

Sjn
05-25-2013, 03:17 AM
Im set new PC T.T I dont have old_chrome....

redzlabelz
05-25-2013, 05:13 AM

C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application u'll see old_chrome

Bookmark
05-25-2013, 05:34 AM

This does not work for me as I do not have old_chrome.exe in C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome path.

Edit: Installing the GoogleChromePortable version from SourceForge makes the game workable too while keeping the existing updated chrome browser.

Wowsome
05-25-2013, 09:58 AM
[EDIT] I get stuck on "Authenticating" when I use Chrome Portable :(.

TheStoic
05-25-2013, 10:16 AM
[EDIT] I get stuck on "Authenticating" when I use Chrome Portable :(.

Bad timing man, AL is down at the moment.

Greencrow
05-25-2013, 10:41 AM

download ver 26 of gc

Wowsome
05-25-2013, 01:37 PM
Bad timing man, AL is down at the moment.

Oh thanks, that was it. I'm back in!

Bookmark, you rock!

siyama
05-26-2013, 07:04 AM
you delete google chrome, later install the old version google chrome and play game :)

Svpreme
05-26-2013, 09:41 AM
Installing old version of google chrome, just auto update them selves' even with Google updates off. Using win 8

Glasveena
05-26-2013, 11:38 AM
can you still find the old_chrome after that update? try open google chrome with that.
works for me..

albiyan
05-26-2013, 12:08 PM
i already use Old_Chrome but still stack 92%....any idea guys??

Guitardude
05-26-2013, 08:28 PM
On Arcane Legends for the pc im stuck on the screen with the big A saying a random number of percent each time i try and launch the game.

It will stay like this saying loading. then sometimes a window pops up saying its unresponsive telling me to either kill the page or reload it.

i have tried uninstalling google chrome and AL and re installing them both and nothing... stays the same..

Any suggestions??

Glasveena
05-26-2013, 11:12 PM
try installing the older version 26.0.1410.64
Turn off the auto update at chrome://plugins/
If it failed to load, Check STS support for google Chrome, 'Chrome Failed to Start'

Some people say it still doesn't work for them, but using the older chrome works for me. good luck..

Wowsome
05-27-2013, 03:40 AM
Installing old version of google chrome, just auto update them selves' even with Google updates off. Using win 8

i already use Old_Chrome but still stack 92%....any idea guys??

On Arcane Legends for the pc im stuck on the screen with the big A saying a random number of percent each time i try and launch the game.

It will stay like this saying loading. then sometimes a window pops up saying its unresponsive telling me to either kill the page or reload it.

i have tried uninstalling google chrome and AL and re installing them both and nothing... stays the same..

Any suggestions??

Guys, here's how you disable the Chrome auto-update - http://www.wikihow.com/Completely-Disable-Google-Chrome-Update.

The older version still didn't work out for me. I switched to Google Chrome Portable and that worked. You can find it here - http://download.cnet.com/Google-Chrome-Portable/3000-2356_4-10972513.html.

KingMartin
05-27-2013, 04:21 AM
Hello, as many others, I experienced a nightmare loading AL after latest Chrome update. The loading always stuck 88-92%, no matter what I did with Chrome settings.

The old_chrome trick probably works (Program Files or AppData, depending on Windows version), but if someone like me uninstalled and reinstalled Chrome, he was out of luck.

So, here is what I did:

1) I uninstalled Chrome

2) Downloaded FULL installer, not just downloader, e.g. here:

http://www.oldapps.com/google_chrome.php

I used version 26.0.1410.43

3) I DISCONNECTED internet, in order to prevent update (Important!!!)

4) I disabled Chrome Update in chrome://plugins/

5) I restarted Chrome

6) Reconnect internet

7) See you in the game, guys ))) (Warrior Kingmartin, Rogue Queenotshade)

:welcoming:

reyconcellado
05-27-2013, 06:58 AM

It stuck on 92% also the old chrome doesn't work. I'm using windows 7 and 32 bit operating system. Previously it used to works. Please fix soonest as AL doen't works with other browser like Mozila,IE and Opera. So the only option we have is chrome and now it doesn't work also.

reyconcellado
05-27-2013, 07:57 AM
Still. Even I uninstall chrome and install the portable chorme still doesn't work. Still stuck in 92%.

Katalinah
05-27-2013, 08:11 AM
still stuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk :(

Beelzzebob
05-27-2013, 09:20 AM
stil cnt open it on chrome..:(

Guitardude
05-27-2013, 01:35 PM
Guys, here's how you disable the Chrome auto-update - http://www.wikihow.com/Completely-Disable-Google-Chrome-Update.

The older version still didn't work out for me. I switched to Google Chrome Portable and that worked. You can find it here - http://download.cnet.com/Google-Chrome-Portable/3000-2356_4-10972513.html.

The link that you have provided has the same version of chrome that i have: version 27.0.1453.94. So it wouldnt work. for those who have tried doing this, this is why it didnt work for you.

Thaze
05-28-2013, 03:14 PM
mines still not working lol

Azemeazed
05-31-2013, 05:49 PM
mines still not working lol

im joining the club :-/

p.s. i dont have old_chrome icon in my chrome file :-(

Svpreme
06-01-2013, 12:36 AM
Hello, as many others, I experienced a nightmare loading AL after latest Chrome update. The loading always stuck 88-92%, no matter what I did with Chrome settings.

The old_chrome trick probably works (Program Files or AppData, depending on Windows version), but if someone like me uninstalled and reinstalled Chrome, he was out of luck.

So, here is what I did:

1) I uninstalled Chrome

2) Downloaded FULL installer, not just downloader, e.g. here:

http://www.oldapps.com/google_chrome.php

I used version 26.0.1410.43

3) I DISCONNECTED internet, in order to prevent update (Important!!!)

4) I disabled Chrome Update in chrome://plugins/

5) I restarted Chrome

6) Reconnect internet

7) See you in the game, guys ))) (Warrior Kingmartin, Rogue Queenotshade)

:welcoming:

Out of all the things ive tried yours was the only one the worked! appreciate it very much! everyone that has trouble try this out!

breebir
06-14-2013, 05:36 AM
helppp, i cant play...and i dont find old _chrome, pls help me

psychoscream
06-14-2013, 06:39 AM
helppp, i cant play...and i dont find old _chrome, pls help me

downlode the old google chrome from here http://www.oldapps.com/google_chrome.php?old_chrome=11967
then turn off the internet
uninstall the google chrome from your control panel
install the version that you have downloded
turn off the internet then play AL

breebir
06-16-2013, 03:49 AM
ty psychoscream

psychoscream
06-16-2013, 04:38 AM
not a problem :)

moot
06-18-2013, 01:17 AM
downlode the old google chrome from here http://www.oldapps.com/google_chrome.php?old_chrome=11967
then turn off the internet
uninstall the google chrome from your control panel
install the version that you have downloded
turn off the internet then play AL
I try that and it didn't work.

Actually I have to tick "clear history" when i uninstall chrome.
Then I restart my computer.
Then I install the 26 version of chrome.
Works like a charm :)/