PDA

View Full Version : Remaking maps while in a party

Rare
05-22-2013, 01:05 PM
Not sure if this is a bug or not, so I'll post it here. Its been this way for as long as I can remember and I haven't really seen anyone post about it.

When you make a party and run a map, for example for xp grinding, it seems that even if everyone leaves the zone and the map is remade it still brings you to the old instance. The only way I can find to get around this is to disband the party and reinvite.

Here are some things I've tried:

1. Everyone exits the map and the map is remade.
2. Using a teleporter to get to the map again.
3. Going to the old map and killing the boss.

None of these things work. The only way to get it to work is by disbanding the party and reinviting.

has anyone else had this issue or know how to get around it. Its a pain having to disband and reinvite people when you're trying to level quickly. Obviously this doesn't happen in any timed map. This "issue" is also not seen if you are pugging.

Pandamoni
05-22-2013, 01:42 PM
Not sure if this is a bug or not, so I'll post it here. Its been this way for as long as I can remember and I haven't really seen anyone post about it.

When you make a party and run a map, for example for xp grinding, it seems that even if everyone leaves the zone and the map is remade it still brings you to the old instance. The only way I can find to get around this is to disband the party and reinvite.

Here are some things I've tried:

1. Everyone exits the map and the map is remade.
2. Using a teleporter to get to the map again.
3. Going to the old map and killing the boss.

None of these things work. The only way to get it to work is by disbanding the party and reinviting.

has anyone else had this issue or know how to get around it. Its a pain having to disband and reinvite people when you're trying to level quickly. Obviously this doesn't happen in any timed map. This "issue" is also not seen if you are pugging.

I first noticed this happening a few updates ago. It's very frustrating, to say the least.

Wowsome
05-22-2013, 01:50 PM
I too have seen this. A special use case for me is if I want to solo a non-timed map repeatedly, I have to "/partyleave" --> "/partyinv 0000" each time.

One not-so-good workaround is - When map1 is complete, jump to a dummy map2 and kill 1 mob, and jump to map1 again.

Rare
05-22-2013, 01:51 PM
I too have seen this. A special use case for me is if I want to solo a non-timed map repeatedly, I have to "/partyleave" --> "/partyinv 0000" each time.

One not-so-good workaround is - When map1 is complete, jump to a dummy map2 and kill 1 mob, and jump to map1 again.

Does that work? If so, it will be a good enough workaround for me until it's "fixed". I swear I tried that and I still saw the same thing. Thanks for the tip.

Pandamoni
05-22-2013, 01:52 PM

Oooh, I didn't realize one mob would do it. I might start this rather than the partyleave thing I've been doing (that you mentioned)

Wowsome
05-22-2013, 02:00 PM
Does that work? If so, it will be a good enough workaround for me until it's "fixed". I swear I tried that and I still saw the same thing. Thanks for the tip.

Oooh, I didn't realize one mob would do it. I might start this rather than the partyleave thing I've been doing (that you mentioned)

You're welcome. Maybe you could test it out in the lower level maps to see how many mob-kills does it take to re-instantiate the original map? Unfortunately, I don't have access to AL right now :(.

Rare
05-22-2013, 02:01 PM
You're welcome. Maybe you could test it out in the lower level maps to see how many mob-kills does it take to re-instantiate the original map? Unfortunately, I don't have access to AL right now :(.

*bathroom break*

Edit: Phew that took forever. So here is what I tried... with no luck :(

1. Go to Brackenridge and kill Jarl.
2. Zone to rook's hideout. Killed 5 mobs.
3. Zone back to Brackenridge. Its the same old instance.
4. Zone to Dead City - Tower of Mardrom. Kill whole first floor.
5. Zone back to Brack. Same old instance.
6. Go kill Brack boss then zone to Paradise Pier.
7. Zone back to Brack. Same old instance.
8. Walk all the way through the exit portal to Gold Mines. Kill 15 or 20 mobs.
9. Zone back to Brack. Same old instance.
10. /partyleave... /partyinvite 0.
11. Yay its a new instance.

Pandamoni
05-22-2013, 03:21 PM
*bathroom break*

Edit: Phew that took forever. So here is what I tried... with no luck :(

1. Go to Brackenridge and kill Jarl.
2. Zone to rook's hideout. Killed 5 mobs.
3. Zone back to Brackenridge. Its the same old instance.
4. Zone to Dead City - Tower of Mardrom. Kill whole first floor.
5. Zone back to Brack. Same old instance.
6. Go kill Brack boss then zone to Paradise Pier.
7. Zone back to Brack. Same old instance.
8. Walk all the way through the exit portal to Gold Mines. Kill 15 or 20 mobs.
9. Zone back to Brack. Same old instance.
10. /partyleave... /partyinvite 0.
11. Yay its a new instance.

This made me LOL

Asahetek
05-22-2013, 03:51 PM
Hmm never had much trouble with rmking a map while in a party because i travel to another map or town and make sure the party does the same and then make a new map.

Pandamoni
05-22-2013, 03:53 PM
Hmm never had much trouble with rmking a map while in a party because i travel to another map or town and make sure the party does the same and then make a new map.

Sometimes we want to run the same map over and over.

Rare
05-22-2013, 03:54 PM

Yeah I understand that, and that works fine. Technically that's not remaking the map though. Just going to a new map.

Lojack
05-22-2013, 04:42 PM
If you don't complete the map, it is supposed to be a five minute wait until it is remade. If you complete the zone, this doesn't apply.

Rare
05-22-2013, 04:44 PM
If you don't complete the map, it is supposed to be a five minute wait until it is remade. If you complete the zone, this doesn't apply.

By complete do you mean clear all mobs as well?

FluffNStuff
05-22-2013, 04:55 PM

Why? Gotta be ruff on the server?

Asahetek
05-22-2013, 05:01 PM
Sometimes we want to run the same map over and over.

Yeah I understand that, and that works fine. Technically that's not remaking the map though. Just going to a new map.

Hmm why isn't techinally rmk a map, since you are leaving the zone and then your party goes back to the map you were running and doing it over and over again?

It's the same if you do pub runs just without traveling to another zone first and without a lobby system that what you have to do, so don't understand why it isn't rmk?

Rare
05-22-2013, 05:04 PM
Hmm why isn't techinally rmk a map, since you are leaving the zone and then your party goes back to the map you were running and doing it over and over again?

It's the same if you do pub runs just without traveling to another zone first and without a lobby system that what you have to do, so don't understand why it isn't rmk?

Maybe I misunderstood. I thought you meant a different map.

Asahetek
05-22-2013, 10:05 PM
You misunderstood me, all i said was while you are in a party you have to leave the map and go to another one or a town then go back to the map you just ran which will rmk the map you just did, i didn't say you had to do map just teleport there and then back.

Unfortunately it seems to be the only rmk a map currently because if your party doesn't leave the map you will end up back where you started with the enemies dead.

This one of the many reasons al needs a better party system and the lobby from the other 2 games.

Rare
05-23-2013, 07:54 AM
You misunderstood me, all i said was while you are in a party you have to leave the map and go to another one or a town then go back to the map you just ran which will rmk the map you just did, i didn't say you had to do map just teleport there and then back.

Unfortunately it seems to be the only rmk a map currently because if your party doesn't leave the map you will end up back where you started with the enemies dead.

This one of the many reasons al needs a better party system and the lobby from the other 2 games.

That way doesn't work either. I tested it yesterday. According to lojack, it should work fine if you complete the map (I assume also killing all mobs). Otherwise there is a 5 minute grace period.